ADVERTISEMENT

This season was a major disappointment, and next year is gonna be worse

I'm glad the boys finished the season out on a high note, but I cannot help but be angry with how far our expectations fell this season now that I look back. We have probably the greatest player in college history, and we went 8-4 against a schedule with only 1 currently ranked team. We beat 1 team with a winning record. The ACC was weak this year, and we had the transcendent player to beat them.

I love beating sUcKs and today was great for me. I was there yelling my butt off, but its sad. We went from playoff hopefuls 1 year ago...to now UK WAS OUR SUPER BOWL. That sickens me that the highlight of Lamar Jackson's final year was a win over LPT. That is the only team with a winning record we beat. I am embarrassed that we stooped to pouring gatorade on our coach for beating the worst major D1 football program that we routinely beat. Beating UK is not something to brag about, we should beat them by 30+ every year and thats what I expect.

I am scared to think what our team will be next year. You can sunshine pump the "Pass will be Bobby 1.0" but its WRONG. Our offense will take a large step back next year. We will not have someone throw for 3k yards on 60% passing. We not only lose a 1K yard rusher in Lamar, but also our next leading two rushers in Reggie and Malik. I think Pass can be good, but he's not Lamar and our offense will take one giant step back. Our defense was awful this year, and now we are gonna lose Hearns, Young, Richardson, Thomas, Chucky Williams, Alexander, and probably Jaire. And if Simonthorpe is back, we can only pray.

I think Bobby is still a good coach, but nobody here can be satisfied with the direction of the program looking back. I was sunshine pumping myself until I saw our players dump the gatorade on Bobby. No more can we tell the slappys that the game doesn't matter as much to us...because we showed it did and that sickens me that we have stooped. I am happy with that game, but sad about the season. The recruiting is staying in the 30's at best and I don't see another Lamar walking in that door. I am worried for our future, I think Bobby is the man to do it but who knows with all the chaos around here. We were so close just 1 year back, but now Im sad to realize we appear maxed out as a 9-3 team at best in the ACC.

I’m not going to overreact.

Screw that! I feel like gouging my eyes out after having watched that. Every single coach, every football staffer, the trainers, water boys, the bus driver, fire every single f***ing one of them. Beyond bad. Miserably awful football in every facet of the game. And, you know, the recruiting classes have been pretty good. There is a lot of talent out there. 100% this is on coaching. BP 2.0, kindly leave.
Reactions: KennyCardinalPowers

Cardinal Football Fan Expectations

Howie and I got into a discussion about UofL fan expectations for the football program. Not expectations for this season, but general expectations for a successful, competitive program.

Wins
The floor is 7. Obviously, the ceiling is undefeated. Anything less than 7 and we're not making a bowl game. For most years, fans should expect 8 or 9 wins with a "great" year of 10 wins or more every few seasons. Basically, it comes down to beat the teams you're supposed to beat. And don't lose to inferior teams. And once in a while, it would be nice to win a game we're favored to lose.

Bowls

No question about it. Louisville should always play in the postseason. There are a million bowl games now and even teams that go 6-6 are invited. We should always play in a bowl game.

Recruiting

We've always been a "coach 'em up" school and that will probably never change. We've fought our way up the ranks with mainly 3 star kids and the occasional 4 star recruit mixed in. My recruiting expectation is that we're about 5th in our conference recruiting rankings. The most important element is developing and maintaining the talent. Class rankings don't mean much if 1 in 3 kids never plays a down.

Rankings
More years than not, UofL should finish the season ranked in the Top 25. I don't think that's too crazy of an ask. The University pays Top 25 salaries to the coaching staff. The fan base pays Top 25 prices for tickets. We can't say "the only variable is time" and not hold ourselves to a Top 25 standard. We don't need to finish every season ranked, but we should expect and be thought of as a perennial Top 25 program.

If I'm way off base on something, please feel free to let me know!

FB RECRUITING: Milton Wright’s Bama visited postponed

Some good news on the recruiting front. About three weeks ago I was informed that Alabama was leading for Milton Wright. He was supposed to take an official visit to Tuscaloosa this weekend. Yesterday I was told by Milton’s father that the trip to ‘Bama has been postponed. This is a big deal because this was Milton’s bye week and now he won’t be taking official visits until December. I asked if he would wait to commit until February and his father said they don’t want to drag it out if they don’t have to.

I also spoke to a source I trust close to Alabama and he told me ‘Bama is probably only going to take 1 more WR. 5-star George Pickens is their top priority and they feel confident about him de-committing from Auburn. So there is a chance there. Also, Wandale Robinson is taking his official visit to Alabama this weekend so he appears to be another highly valued target who can play the slot receiver.

My take away from all of this is that Bama has deprioritzed Wright. I get the same feeling from my Ohio State sources. All this leads me to believe Purdue, Kentucky, and Louisville are the three schools left from his tip-five who are earnestly making a push for him. Purdue’s class is almost full and if they land David Bell I think you can scratch Purdue. If they don’t land Bell, Purdue will be a factor. I also think Kentucky is a possibility for Wright but they have some work to do. At the moment, I think Louisville is sitting in a very good spot to land Wright. I’m not willing to make a forecast for him at the moment however.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT