ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue 0-3 to 3-3 with and a blowout win vs BC.

I know we’re young. But whose responsible for that? Petrino’s pass call in FSU game and other ridiculous calls!!! He needs to be gone!

The idiotic call vs FSU torpedoed our season. That’s the moment where he lost the team. They don’t believe in him any more. They don’t respect him any more.

Depends on what your definition of soon is I guess.

Unless the boosters are up to paying close to 30million to bring brohm in its just isnt happening. P's buyout id 14million, brohm's buyout is 5mill, plus nrohm is going to at least want 5 million a year which i dont think the board is trying to pay. This came from a trustee.

Unless the boosters are up to paying close to 30million to bring brohm in its just isnt happening. P's buyout id 14million, brohm's buyout is 5mill, plus nrohm is going to at least want 5 million a year which i dont think the board is trying to pay. This came from a trustee.

LoL
LoL

Yes and we’d be paying all this for a coach who isn’t among the game’s elite- at least not yet

Purdue is predicted to go 2-4 down the stretch (ESPN FPI) which would result in a worse record than they had last year.

But hey with Fanboy at the controls, anything is possible!... :cool:

Reactions: swurv99
Purdue still has ohio state, michigan stage, wisconsin, and iowa. Lets see how he does with those game first before crowning him.

Purdue still has ohio state, michigan stage, wisconsin, and iowa. Lets see how he does with those game first before crowning him.
So the only way to judge how good a coach Brohm is by seeing how his young team performs in his 2nd year (after inheriting the most putrid Power 5 team in the nation) against #2 Ohio St, #19 Iowa, #23 Michigan St. and #24 Wisconsin?

Really ignorant and unfair for a coach who has been coaching a talent depleted team for less than a year and a half but hey...

Let’s see how Petrino (in his 5th year) does with a top national recruit at QB, a veteran O-line and talented receivers against #3 Clemson, unranked Syracuse, #16 NC State and #14 Kentucky.

Brohm’s great future may not be written in stone yet but the current horrible state of the Cards is.

So the only way to judge how good a coach Brohm is by seeing how his young team performs in his 2nd year (after inheriting the most putrid Power 5 team in the nation) against #2 Ohio St, #19 Iowa, #23 Michigan St. and #24 Wisconsin?

Really ignorant and unfair for a coach who has been coaching a talent depleted team for less than a year and a half but hey...

Let’s see how Petrino (in his 5th year) does with a top national recruit at QB, a veteran O-line and talented receivers against #3 Clemson, unranked Syracuse, #16 NC State and #14 Kentucky.

Brohm’s great future may not be written in stone yet but the current horrible state of the Cards is.

I hope brohm does well but what im saying is can we see him coach at purdue 4 years ans leading them ro 4 consecutive bowls before crowning him. If he goes 5-7 this year then its a disappointment no matter how you try to explain it.

Reactions: zipp
I hope brohm does well but what im saying is can we see him coach at purdue 4 years ans leading them ro 4 consecutive bowls before crowning him. If he goes 5-7 this year then its a disappointment no matter how you try to explain it.

Might be wise and also fair to let him get more than 1 recruiting class in first. Ask the opposing coaches on Purdue’s schedule what they think of Jeff. He’s done a fantastic job so far and his future is bright.

Teams in need don’t have the luxury of “waiting” for coaches like Brohm to prove his worth over a period of years. Do that and you end up with another retread.

Not sure anyone understands just what a tough job Purdue Football is in 2018.

Reactions: wilkie01
Purdue is predicted to go 2-4 down the stretch (ESPN FPI) which would result in a worse record than they had last year.

But hey with Fanboy at the controls, anything is possible!... :cool:

Wasnt Purdue predicted to win 3 games.
Not only did they win 7, they won their bowl game. Petrino didn't.

But but but but wait theres more.
Peep this Pitino fanboy.

Purdue 30 BC 13 with Dillon
BC 38 UofL 20 WITHOUT Dillon

Reactions: BPGhost
14+5+5=24 last time I checked. Secondly, even if “nrohm” was to want at least 5M a year - that wouldn’t be part of the buyout. UofL is currently paying Petrino 4.1M before bonuses so moving to 5M isn’t that big a leap.

That quote came from Tom Meeker - a board member and if the last 2 years has taught those paying attention anything, it’s unless grissom says it, it doesn’t carry much weight. And he obviously thought there was enough money to fire TJ without cause and roll the dice on firing Pitino. His hard on for eliminating the past regime includes Petrino - in fact, it’s the last name on his list - and like him or hate him (hate him) he’s been pretty “effective” in seeing his plan through.

As an added bonus, he gets to give his boy Vince an opportunity to be a real AD and hire his own football coach. If the only thing keeping Petrino here is money - you can write it down that he’s gone.

You know Petrino was hired without ever been a Head Coach.

This is Brohms 5th season as a head coach.

He also coached under Petrino for 5 yrs.

Need i say more.

Wasnt Purdue predicted to win 3 games.
Not only did they win 7, they won their bowl game. Petrino didn't.

But but but but wait theres more.
Peep this Pitino fanboy.

Purdue 30 BC 13 with Dillon
BC 38 UofL 20 WITHOUT Dillon
So 7 wins is OK, or let's use one data point?

Northwestern 31, Purdue 27
Eastern Michigan 20, Purdue 17
Missouri 40, Purdue 37

Those games were last month IIRC...

The issue isn't is Brohm a bad coach or even better than Petrino. He may be.

The issue is do/can you mortgage your athletic department--literally--to find out those answers? That's an $18 million bogey...

...if the last 2 years has taught those paying attention anything, it’s unless grissom says it, it doesn’t carry much weight. And he obviously thought there was enough money to fire TJ without cause and roll the dice on firing Pitino. His hard on for eliminating the past regime includes Petrino - in fact, it’s the last name on his list - and like him or hate him (hate him) he’s been pretty “effective” in seeing his plan through.

As an added bonus, he gets to give his boy Vince an opportunity to be a real AD and hire his own football coach. If the only thing keeping Petrino here is money - you can write it down that he’s gone.
IIRC Gruesome was also the fly in the ointment on Mack's hire. Most likely in the theme of de-emphasizing athletics.

And that was $4 million. Multiply this one several times that, and after absorbing Jurich's retirement costs.

Eventually, this becomes real money...

IIRC Gruesome was also the fly in the ointment on Mack's hire. Most likely in the theme of de-emphasizing athletics.

And that was $4 million. Multiply this one several times that, and after absorbing Jurich's retirement costs.

Eventually, this becomes real money...
Remind me again, was Mack hired?

This is why Petrino will be here next year. We will be bad though because recruiting is bad as well...12 in the ACC....maybe drop in ticket sales would cause them to do buyout...not sure where the bigger loss.

Remind me again, was Mack hired?
So, you think $18 million will be easier than $4 million along with Brohm's $5 million contract?

Gruesome must have become...

mister-softeelogo_zpsa3707ea3.jpg

So, you think $18 million will be easier than $4 million along with Brohm's $5 million contract?

Ironic that you call someone else soft when you're still crying because TJ got fired.

So 7 wins is OK, or let's use one data point?

Northwestern 31, Purdue 27
Eastern Michigan 20, Purdue 17
Missouri 40, Purdue 37

Those games were last month IIRC...

Well, first purdue is still in big time rebuilding mode (not his 5th yr.....and we saw his body of work at WKU) and could have won on all 3 of those...unlike us against Va., BC and GT. They have turned their season around....ours imploded. Feel free to think Brohm is not a good coach. I think you are in the minority.

Reactions: HRTheCard

grissom was out to sack Ramsey, Jurich, Pitino and Petrino. He obviously wasn’t concerned about the potential ramifications of the money in those situations. There’s one name left on his list and I don’t see money suddenly becoming a problem for him now.

I sincerely doubt that he was against the hiring of Mack - if he was, the deal wouldn’t have gotten done. I sincerely doubt that he’d be against the firing of Petrino and the hiring of Brohm as it checks off more boxes for him.

All you buy Bobby buy out fans thank Papa for his ignorant remarks . Their was your wallet! Maybe yall should go to his home and slurp him up! And back into the good graces of U of L

Reactions: zipp
I think you know that’s not really true. Zipp will come around - it’ll just take him a little longer.

He's elevating people ABOVE the University.

NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE UNIVERSITY.

I hated to see Coach Crum fired, however it was time for a change.

Its one thing to disagree.
He is just a bitter contrarian all because of the two former afformentioned AD and BB coach. Now he's holding on to Petrino.

He needs to accept reality.

If you knew when Crum was fired for Rick and you knew this school would be in the situation we in now. Because of Rick would you have fired Crum then ?

BP, I disagree with you on Grissom he didn't like paying Mack the money but he had little choice. I think it would cost more for a football coach and I don't think they will fire Petrino because of the buyout. They are probably hoping he will violate his contract somehow.
However, as stupid as the people who are running the show there handling of Jurich & Pitino shows they don't know what they are doing. They claimed Pitino & Jurich were fired because of contract violations but we are finding out they were wrong. Now we have to pay for 2 AD's and 2 basketball coaches. What next 2 football coaches and their staff's.

BP, I disagree with you on Grissom he didn't like paying Mack the money but he had little choice. I think it would cost more for a football coach and I don't think they will fire Petrino because of the buyout. They are probably hoping he will violate his contract somehow.
However, as stupid as the people who are running the show there handling of Jurich & Pitino shows they don't know what they are doing. They claimed Pitino & Jurich were fired because of contract violations but we are finding out they were wrong. Now we have to pay for 2 AD's and 2 basketball coaches. What next 2 football coaches and their staff's.

UofL has to pay out Pitino? When did that happen?

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT