ADVERTISEMENT

The SEC is embarrasing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some fans on both sides of this rivalry can't see past their hatred for the other school.

I don't come here to trash the Louisville program or pimp the Kentucky program. I will however throw a little defense out from time to time. Not much offense though.
You add quality to the threads and always have intelligent remarks.

Reactions: cwcat
Some fans on both sides of this rivalry can't see past their hatred for the other school.

I don't come here to trash the Louisville program or pimp the Kentucky program. I will however throw a little defense out from time to time. Not much offense though.

Speaking the truth about SEC basketball is not trashing uofk.
Just stating a fact.
Uofk has beaten two teams with combined losses of 28 to reach the finals.
Has it sunk in yet.............

Reactions: clearthebases
Just stating a fact.
Uofk has besten two teams with combined losses of 28 to reach the finals.
While louisville sits at home victim to a coach who refuses to play players because he loves mind games.

Except half our final fours under coach cal have been reached as a four (4) and an eight (8) seed. The year we made it as a four we beat the 1 and 2 in our bracket and I don't have to explain the year as the 8 because you remember.
How do we know your team deserved the 4 and the 8 it received? We don't.

You also don't credit for overachieving with lower seeds when you underperform during the regular season. The fact is, you have more talent at the start of each season. That's another Pitino Lite ruse.

Lite should win it every year. But when he only gets to the Final Four, don't assume that means he's close.

"Elite program," my a$$...

You also don't credit for overachieving with lower seeds when you underperform during the regular season. The fact is, you have more talent at the start of each season. That's another Pitino Lite ruse.

Lite should win it every year. But when he only gets to the Final Four, don't assume that means he's close.

The "we should win it every year" argument is extremely weak and lazy. Recruiting rankings don't always = championships

Reactions: beasleythecard
Just stating a fact.
Uofk has beaten two teams with combined losses of 28 to reach the finals.
Should we have just not played the games? Would that have made all this easier for you personally?

And to think half of these discussions wouldn't even be made if Louisville had beaten Wake, gotten the 2 seed in the ACCT, and be playing in the finals right now. No complaints about losing to Duke. No complaints about this team regressing. Each year in the ACCT, we've been unlucky with who we've played. Both Blueboods of the ACC. Both that win it most often. North Carolina and Duke.

Should we have just not played the games? Would that have made all this easier for you personally?

Dont get pizzy.

Uofk doesnt deserve a 2 seed for beating YMCA teams save florida.

Why would i take a freakin game personal. Youre the one arguing.

With 30 McDonald's all Americans since 2009-10 and one title, ( not one coming this year either)

Its obvious youre the one taking it personal.

And to think half of these discussions wouldn't even be made if Louisville had beaten Wake, gotten the 2 seed in the ACCT, and be playing in the finals right now. No complaints about losing to Duke. No complaints about this team regressing. Each year in the ACCT, we've been unlucky with who we've played. Both Blueboods of the ACC. Both that win it most often. North Carolina and Duke.
Agree with you 100%

Not true.

UofL could be undefeated. Still wouldn't quash the fact that the SEC is deserving of two bids.

The "we should win it every year" argument is extremely weak and lazy. Recruiting rankings don't always = championships
Odd perspective from an LPT fan... Surely to God you're not counting on your coach to do it with Xs and Os?

Reactions: Deeva

Like it or not zipp, recruiting is part of college basketball. Do you think rick sits at home and just crosses his fingers that studs come to UL? He busts his ass like everyone else. I know you love the guy so what do you make of rick saying that he couldn't do what Cal does and that cal deserves credit for succeeding with a new team every year? We have all seen the interviews. It seems like the only thing you ever say is "yeah, but...."

So by ricks own words shouldn't uk's advantage in talent be offset by the lack of experience and continuity?

I think you are probably a smart guy but you grasp at straws a lot. Hence the "yeah.........but......"

Like it or not zipp, recruiting is part of college basketball. Do you think rick sits at home and just crosses his fingers that studs come to UL? He busts his ass like everyone else. I know you love the guy so what do you make of rick saying that he couldn't do what Cal does and that cal deserves credit for succeeding with a new team every year? We have all seen the interviews. It seems like the only thing you ever say is "yeah, but...."

So by ricks own words shouldn't uk's advantage in talent be offset by the lack of experience and continuity?

I think you are probably a smart guy but you grasp at straws a lot. Hence the "yeah.........but......"
LPT gives us plenty of straws mitigating the need to grasp...

Pitino probably means a lot of things, but he probably doesn't mean that Lite is a great coach with unique skills that he wishes he had. Would you like me to speculate further?

Dont get pizzy.

Uofk doesnt deserve a 2 seed for beating YMCA teams save florida.

Why would i take a freakin game personal. Youre the one arguing.

With 30 McDonald's all Americans since 2009-10 and one title, ( not one coming this year either)

Its obvious youre the one taking it personal.
You continuously bring up our opponents like we hand pick them. It's a little much.

Pitino probably means a lot of things, but he probably doesn't mean that Lite is a great coach with unique skills that he wishes he had. Would you like me to speculate further?

You avoided my question

You continuously bring up our opponents like we hand pick them. It's a little much.
A third of your schedule is OOC, and you've chosen to remain in an excuse-for-a-basketball conference. What would you call your situation--accidental or uncontrollable?

Last edited:

True you don't pick your opponents, yet shouldn't be rewarded when they dont challenge you or anyone else. Uofk deserves a 4 seed.
Florida a 6.
I guess Arkansas a 7.
Thsts all that deserves bids.

Tulane went 11-0 in 1998. Were they even close to playing for a BcS championship?

I told you what he didn't say; you want me to finish the job? You won't like it.

No, I asked if uk's advantage in talent can be offset by its lack of experience and roster continuity. I thought rick did bring up a good point that begs to question.

Reactions: awf
True you don't pick your opponents, yet shouldn't be rewarded when they dont challenge you or anyone else. Uofk deserves a 4 seed.
Florida a 6.
I guess Arkansas a 7.

Tulane went 11-0 in 1998. Were they even close to playing for a BcS championship?
sec will get 5 bids man

Now that we are openly discussing LPT, surely the mods won't delete this post without the benefit of some statistical enlightenment. Please also allow me to speculate a bit and help grasp these LPT straws regarding unique Pitino Lite skills CRP might or might wish he had and UK/UL sports. It just takes answering some questions.
1. Head to head does CRP lead any overall series with Pitino Lite including College or Professional levels?
2. Does UL lead LPT in any head to head sports series?
3. Can CRP match Pitino Lite in Final Fours/Championships in his UL tenure (16 years) and Pitino Lite's tenure at UK (8 years)?
4. Just for clarification...is winning considered a skill?

Now that we are openly discussing LPT, surely the mods won't delete this post without the benefit of some statistical enlightenment. Please also allow me to speculate a bit and help grasp these LPT straws regarding unique Pitino Lite skills CRP might or might wish he had and UK/UL sports. It just takes answering some questions.
1. Head to head does CRP lead any overall series with Pitino Lite including College or Professional levels?
3. Can CRP match Pitino Lite in Final Fours/Championships in his UL tenure (16 years) and Pitino Lite's tenure at UK (8 years)?
now dont go throwing facts into the discussion on the louisville board with the sunshine pumpers here. Pitino is god to these folks and can do no wrong. pitino craps peppermints and folks here stand in line to eat them.

Reactions: awf and cwcat
images

Coach Pitino has two titles
Cow thinks draft nite is the greatest day in uofk history.
Need i say more.......
Thanks for playing. Exit----------------------------------->

No, I asked if uk's advantage in talent can be offset by its lack of experience and roster continuity. I thought rick did bring up a good point that begs to question.
Unfortunately, you don't get to rely on those arguments--valid for most teams/coaches--when you run a OAD system. Annual roster turnover is fundamental to what Pitino Lite does.

Pitino was simply couching that in what HE tries to do, get guys to play defense, break them down and rebuild them, etc. Believe me, Pitino thinks he's ten times the coach that Lite is. As far as Xs and Os, he ain't wrong.

Do you seriously not have those answers or is there a point in there you're trying to make?

Like most things, there's no single cause-and-effect explanation. Feel free to present these topics one at a time with your POV for a thorough discussion. My suggestion is separate threads, and I'll be glad to participate.

now dont go throwing facts into the discussion on the louisville board with the sunshine pumpers here. Pitino is god to these folks and can do no wrong. pitino craps peppermints and folks here stand in line to eat them.
beas and slappies are now crawling into bed together. Excuse me for thinking that more order is coming to the world.

Reactions: shadow force
Unfortunately, you don't get to rely on those arguments--valid for most teams/coaches--when you run a OAD system. Annual roster turnover is fundamental to what Pitino Lite does.

Pitino was simply couching that in what HE tries to do, get guys to play defense, break them down and rebuild them, etc. Believe me, Pitino thinks he's ten times the coach that Lite is. As far as Xs and Os, he ain't wrong.

Have you forgotten Pitino coached at UK? He is an outstanding Pregame coach, he isn't great at in game adjustments.
The last game is a perfect scenario, Duke went to zone in the second half and Pitino didn't adapt.

Reactions: awf
Do you seriously not have those answers or is there a point in there you're trying to make?

Like most things, there's no single cause-and-effect explanation. Feel free to present these topics one at a time with your POV for a thorough discussion. My suggestion is separate threads, and I'll be glad to participate.

Oh, the need for separate threads will not be required. Yes I "seriously" have the answers to these questions as many of the great posters here do also, but for the benefit of the few and to eliminate "cause and effect" topic confusion and support my points:
1. No.
  • Calipari’s overall record vs. Pitino: 20-14
  • Calipari’s record vs. Pitino when Calipari is the head coach: 14-12
  • Calipari’s record vs. Pitino when Calipari is an assistant coach: 6-2
  • Calipari’s overall record vs. Pitino in college: 14-10
  • Calipari’s record vs. Pitino in college when Calipari is the head coach: 11-9
  • Calipari’s record vs. Pitino in college when Calipari is an assistant coach: 3-1
  • Calipari’s overall record vs. Pitino in the NBA: 6-4
  • Calipari’s record vs. Pitino in the NBA when Calipari is the head coach: 3-3
  • Calipari’s record vs. Pitino in the NBA when Calipari is an assistant head coach: 3-1
2. No. Maybe golf or archery.
3. No. 4-3 FFs, 1 NC each. (Yes, this is the time to bring up CRPs "Slappy" NC).
4. Yes. Winning head to head is the ultimate tie-breaker in sports.

Point 1: How can Calipari be Pitino Lite if he owns him at every coaching level?
Point 2: How can UL have a "Play Toy" holding a head to head advantage in all sports?

Many fans laud their conference affiliation (as they should). IRT the ACC/SEC debate, I reference Milton. UL chooses to "Serve in Heaven." UL is a cash cow (like LPT) the ACC uses as a "Placeholder." Do you think the "Good O Boys" from Greensboro will allow UL to ever be better than 2nd to 3rd runner-up? Please win an ACC football or basketball title before you "Piggy Back" on the success of a conference you have been in for 2 years (Duke is UL's hero now? Are you kidding?). Conversely, UK "Rules in Hell." A Metro, AAC, or SEC Championship is still a Championship. Does UL have any in their trophy cases? Did UL throw them out when they were accepted into the ACC? Good luck to all in the tournament!

Last edited:
Reactions: Louis_Skunt and awf
Oh, the need for separate threads will not be required. Yes I "seriously" have the answers to these questions as many of the great posters here do also, but for the benefit of the few and to eliminate "cause and effect" topic confusion and support my points:
1. No.
  • Calipari’s overall record vs. Pitino: 20-14
  • Calipari’s record vs. Pitino when Calipari is the head coach: 14-12
  • Calipari’s record vs. Pitino when Calipari is an assistant coach: 6-2
  • Calipari’s overall record vs. Pitino in college: 14-10
  • Calipari’s record vs. Pitino in college when Calipari is the head coach: 11-9
  • Calipari’s record vs. Pitino in college when Calipari is an assistant coach: 3-1
  • Calipari’s overall record vs. Pitino in the NBA: 6-4
  • Calipari’s record vs. Pitino in the NBA when Calipari is the head coach: 3-3
  • Calipari’s record vs. Pitino in the NBA when Calipari is an assistant head coach: 3-1
2. No. Maybe golf or archery.
3. No. 4-3 FFs, 1 NC each. (Yes, this is the time to bring up CRPs "Slappy" NC).
4. Yes. Winning head to head is the ultimate tie-breaker in sports.

Point 1: How can Calipari be Pitino Lite if he owns him at every coaching level?
Point 2: How can UL have a "Play Toy" holding a head to head advantage in all sports?

Many fans laud their conference affiliation (as they should). IRT the ACC/SEC debate, I reference Milton. UL chooses to "Serve in Heaven." UL is a cash cow (like LPT) the ACC uses as a "Placeholder." Do you think the "Good O Boys" from Greensboro will allow UL to ever be better than 2nd to 3rd runner-up? Please win an ACC football or basketball title before you "Piggy Back" on the success of a conference you have been in for 2 years (Duke is UL's hero now? Are you kidding?). Conversely, UK "Rules in Hell." A Metro, AAC, or SEC Championship is still a Championship. Does UL have any in their trophy cases? Did UL throw them out when they were accepted into the ACC? Good luck to all in the tournament!
Louisville 14 - Yuts 9 in football played with face masks.

"Records as an assistant coach" - lol.

Florida a 6.
I guess Arkansas a 7.

Give us a 4 seed, fine. That didn't hurt us the last time we got one.

Or better yet, an 8 seed. The sweet sixteen game that year was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT