ADVERTISEMENT

UofL Target Big Man Norchad Ormier Commits To Baylor

He says he wants to get to another final 4 and possibly win it this time. He has once chance left. Now why wouldn't he choose Baylor over Louisville, regardless of the NIL?

Ten years ago no one would have thought go to Baylor over Louisville in men's basketball to cut down the nets.

The deep hole UofL is in will cost transfers in the portal, especially those with just one season left to play.

If and when CPK starts to win and erases the the past few seasons, then UofL will get back to being competitive for transfers with schools like Baylor.

NIL will be enough for many but for some it's about the glory of a title, or at least a final 4 run.

Being alarmed about player commitments has been around for a few years now. It was the one thing that I defended KP on in his first season.

I had virtually zero confidence that first season KP would sign enough good players because of negative recruiting. Recruits were told Louisville's going to get hit hard by the NCAA, and transfers saw how Lee and Lewis transferred in only to see the NCAA tournament taken away from them.

KP started off decent keeping Mack recruits but eventually he couldn't get any guards other than Ellis to sign on with Louisville. He eventually had to accept walk ons and division 2 types like Basili.

And we saw that debacle of just 4 wins. The worst power conference team.

So even though it was announced there will be no more sanctions, that disaster 4 and 28 season had as much of a negative effect on KP's 2nd season. He again failed to get the better players and three of his freshman, two never saw the court.

So now we're here with a new coach but with the same stigma of being the worse power conference team. Until Louisville basketball looks again like a functioning program and wins more than it loses, some transfers and recruits we're going to miss on. It just happens to be with big men right now.

I think if we just could have held on to BHH, he would have made the difference in having a possible tournament team in 2024. But hopefully, one or two of these front court players will commit.

I’m sure PK and his staff have backup plans. We will see after Osobor commits somewhere.

Well, I didn't think we had much of a realistic chance for him, but there we go, another big man not coming. So yeah, it's a bit concerning right now, but lets see where we are when all the dust settles.
And I do think that Kelseys approach of first targeting guards is better than basically only targeting a bunch of wing players... If you can't get the ball in the right positions to score, you won't score much, but if you are small and shoot well, you'll pull some surprises.
Go Cards!

Last edited:
Being alarmed about player commitments has been around for a few years now. It was the one thing that I defended KP on in his first season.

I had virtually zero confidence that first season KP would sign enough good players because of negative recruiting. Recruits were told Louisville's going to get hit hard by the NCAA, and transfers saw how Lee and Lewis transferred in only to see the NCAA tournament taken away from them.

KP started off decent keeping Mack recruits but eventually he couldn't get any guards other than Ellis to sign on with Louisville. He eventually had to accept walk ons and division 2 types like Basili.

And we saw that debacle of just 4 wins. The worst power conference team.

So even though it was announced there will be no more sanctions, that disaster 4 and 28 season had as much of a negative effect on KP's 2nd season. He again failed to get the better players and three of his freshman, two never saw the court.

So now we're here with a new coach but with the same stigma of being the worse power conference team. Until Louisville basketball looks again like a functioning program and wins more than it loses, some transfers and recruits we're going to miss on. It just happens to be with big men right now.

I think if we just could have held on to BHH, he would have made the difference in having a possible tournament team in 2024. But hopefully, one or two of these front court players will commit.
Obviously looking at where we are now with potential players holding on to BHH seems like its a no-brainer. However, I would say I'm not sure BHH was committed to playing the defense required by Kelsey. Sure we need some bigs but Kelsey shouldn't have to settle. At least I hope not.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT