ADVERTISEMENT

The SEC is embarrasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalovell23

2000+
Jul 8, 2007
Boone County
The SEC is embarrassing, How can UK fans go around and brag about winning in the SEC. Since Florida just lost to Vanderbilt(19-14). UK might be the only ranked team from that conference.

I think Vandy will give them a game on Sunday if both make it there.

The SEC is embarrassing, How can UK fans go around and brag about winning in the SEC. Since Florida just lost to Vanderbilt(19-14). UK might be the only ranked team from that conference.

I don't think UK fans go around and brag about winning the SEC. They know the reputation of the conference. Plus, they've won the SEC like 75% of the time. No one cares. It's a very weak basketball conference. Perhaps one of the weakest. There's no shame in winning it, but, also, nothing to be proud about.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Why does it bother you so much op? It's our conference for better or for worse. Five teams in the tournament while that's still not good it's certainly better than most people have given it credit for.

I think the team that Kevin Stallings left behind beat Florida three times this year. Sure the game is about matchups, and Vandy may not be a good one for the Gators. But no self-respecting team loses three straight times to someone the quality of freaking Vandy. Just when you think the SEC can't outdo itself, it does.

LPT fans aren't touting the quality of the SEC, that's true. However, there's no question they tout the results of playing in the SEC. Their "all time wins" and hyperinflated won-loss records like 40-0 are the result simply of a joke schedule. And two-thirds of that schedule are SEC games. They also like bragging about "conference championships" in some generic sense like it's equivalent to an ACC or BEast championship. Obviously that's just as big a joke.

So no, you won't hear them drumming "SEC, SEC, SEC..." this time of year. But just about everything else they crow about is closely related.

"Elite program," my a$$...

Last edited:
I don't think UK fans go around and brag about winning the SEC. They know the reputation of the conference. Plus, they've won the SEC like 75% of the time. No one cares. It's a very weak basketball conference. Perhaps one of the weakest. There's no shame in winning it, but, also, nothing to be proud about.

You dont know SuCkS fans very well.
Winning the SEC is akin to being the tallest Midget.
If they only applied the BcS rules, NO sec team would make the tourney.

You dont know SuCkS fans very well.
Winning the SEC is akin to being the tallest Midget.
If they only applied the BcS rules, NO sec team would make the tourney.
So by your logic we ought to flame out early in the tournament when matched up against the big boys.

Why does it bother you so much op? It's our conference for better or for worse. Five teams in the tournament while that's still not good it's certainly better than most people have given it credit for.
You'll be wearing your 38 time SEZ champs shirt after the tourney just like all the other slapdicks. Who knows how many times you have won the SEZ? I don't care enough to look it up.

You'll be wearing your 38 time SEZ champs shirt after the tourney just like all the other slapdicks. Who knows how many times you have won the SEZ? I don't care enough to look it up.
I wouldn't expect you to you're a rival fan. Would you expect me to know how many conference championships Louisville has?

I guess you haven't seen the guy driving around Louisville in the black Ford Expedition with "2015 $EZ basketball Champions" decals on the side rear windows. I laugh every time I see him.

I don't do message board betting, but I will own up if Kentucky beats a non SEC top 25 team.
Top 25 doesn't matter anymore. It's tournament time. Polls are officially out the window.

Here's to hoping we aren't in the same bracket and we can hope for a final four meeting. What do ya say?

Top 25 doesn't matter anymore. It's tournament time. Polls are officially out the window.

Here's to hoping we aren't in the same bracket and we can hope for a final four meeting. What do ya say?
I'm talking about a top 20 caliber team. Not a Vanderbilt or Georgia level..,

Reactions: ThroughBlue
Only promblem i have with Uk fans is they had the nerve to laugh at us for losing to Duke for crying out loud. Who has a double bye and the first opponent you play is a team like that. Really Uk fans get some common sense!

Only promblem i have with Uk fans is they had the nerve to laugh at us for losing to Duke for crying out loud. Who has a double bye and the first opponent you play is a team like that. Really Uk fans get some common sense!

Double bye vs a ranked potential #2 seed duke
Double bye vs georgia.............
Nuff' said

Reactions: Cue Card
The facts are as follows. The ACC isn't as good as people think and the SEC isn't as bad as people think. This is why we have a NCCA tourney to play and find out which performers better. I remember when everyone was so Big East that had 11 teams in the tourney and in the first two weekends their was only two left. I also remember when the SEC only had four teams and two of them made it to the Final four. So conference rankings don't mean anything. Good luck to the Cards and Cats in this years Tourney.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't expect you to you're a rival fan. Would you expect me to know how many conference championships Louisville has?
I just don't get why you're on this board. You add nothing other than blew rhetoric which we can all live without. Wouldn't you feel better with your merry band of dip$shits on your own board?

The facts are as follows. The ACC isn't as good as people think and the SEC isn't as bad as people think. This is why we have a NCCA tourney to play and find out which performers better. I remember when everyone was so Big East that had 11 teams in the tourney and in the first two weekends their was only two left. I also remember when the SEC only had four teams and two of them made it to the Final four. So conference rankings don't mean shit. Good luck to the Cards and Cats in this years Tourney.
The fact is, the ACC was perceived to be by far the best conference after the OOC season, while the SEC was horrible.

What has changed? The ACC beat up each other while the SEC played mediocre teams and some weren't quite as mediocre as the others.

Bottom line, nothing has changed since OOC other than Vanderbilt has proven that they suck less than the rest of the conference....be proud bluecat

The facts are as follows. The ACC isn't as good as people think and the SEC isn't as bad as people think. This is why we have a NCCA tourney to play and find out which performers better. I remember when everyone was so Big East that had 11 teams in the tourney and in the first two weekends their was only two left. I also remember when the SEC only had four teams and two of them made it to the Final four. So conference rankings don't mean shit. Good luck to the Cards and Cats in this years Tourney.
Another idiot has lost his mind. The SEC is a complete joke and the ACC is as advertised. You must be the slapdick that sits behind Cal with the blue tinted glasses. That huckleberry douche makes me laugh any time I see him.

Vanderbilt is terrorizing the SEC....

Vanderbilt is the equivalent of Georgia tech

I just don't get why you're on this board. You add nothing other than blew rhetoric which we can all live without. Wouldn't you feel better with your merry band of dip$shits on your own board?
Have you figured out the ignore feature yet? There are a few posters like you who hate Kentucky more than a healthy person should hate anything and there are mature posters who don't mind me posting here. I don't pimp my program and I don't trash your program. It sounds like to me you just dont like/can't handle opposing views.

Reactions: awf and cwcat
Have you figured out the ignore feature yet? There are a few posters like you who hate Kentucky more than a healthy person should hate anything and there are mature posters who don't mind me posting here. I don't pimp my program and I don't trash your program. It sounds like to me you just dont like/can't handle opposing views.
Eat a flaming pile of $hit fan boy.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
The facts are as follows. The ACC isn't as good as people think and the SEC isn't as bad as people think. This is why we have a NCCA tourney to play and find out which performers better. I remember when everyone was so Big East that had 11 teams in the tourney and in the first two weekends their was only two left. I also remember when the SEC only had four teams and two of them made it to the Final four. So conference rankings don't mean anything. Good luck to the Cards and Cats in this years Tourney.

Only one team can win the TITLE.
That happened in 2011.
A Big East team won the Title, knocking out uofk along the way.
The SEC IS as bad as everyone thinks and KNOWS.

Reactions: Cue Card
Only one team can win the TITLE.
That happened in 2011.
A Big East team won the Title, knocking out uofk along the way.
The SEC IS as bad as everyone thinks and KNOWS.
The SEC is bad. You won't get one word different from me.

How is the sec being bad embarrassing for a Louisville fan?

Reactions: ohiodon
Quit being coy.
Take uofk out the SEC what do you have?
Exactly.

The SEC only deserves 2 bids, yet will receive 5. Stealing bids from other deserving teams.
I don't care if zero other teams from the conference makes the tournament. Doesn't hurt us (in my opinion, not many of you guys opinions). I agree with you on 90% of what you post. I would trade places with Louisville in regards to conference affiliation in a heartbeat.

My only problem with the trashing of the SEC as a conference from fans here is that they somehow make it a negative against Kentucky. My only point is that if it has hurt us in the NCAA-t it hasn't been much because we have had great success relatively speaking. You can pick out one two or three years for any program and say they underachieved compared to their fans expectations.

The theory is that playing weak competition in the SEC costs UK its edge in the NCAA Tournament. They play some close games in the SEC, may lose some, but they aren't battle tested by the SEC. They don't improve much because there's no one to really push them in games. Then they get into a game with a West Virginia, UCONN or Wisconsin and they can't figure out what to do against tougher competition.

I think there's some truth to it. If UK's NBA freshmen played in the ACC every year, they'd have several more losses but they'd be honed into a tougher team instead of an over-rated 38-0-ish team that cruised most of the year, only having to really show up once a month after January.

Anyway, it's not my problem. My problem is watching my team fight for its life to get a double-bye only to face Duke in the first game of the ACC Tournament.

...My only problem with the trashing of the SEC as a conference from fans here is that they somehow make it a negative against Kentucky. My only point is that if it has hurt us in the NCAA-t it hasn't been much because we have had great success relatively speaking. You can pick out one two or three years for any program and say they underachieved compared to their fans expectations.
Your school has had "great success" in getting to the Final Four, not winning any titles with by far the best talent in college basketball. Once you get to the final eight or four teams, you're exposed against legit teams. Anthony Davis ain't walkin' thru that door.

And that's mainly because, like this year, you will be over-seeded in the tourney where three wins are pretty much gift-wrapped. You're a two-seed this year just about as well as Purdue, Notre Dame, or Butler is. (They're not.)

That is mostly the result of playing in a dumpster fire conference that's nowhere close to ACC, BEast, or Big XII most of the time. This is what U of L fans take issue with.

Personally, I'm kinda looking forward to 4-5 SEC teams getting invites. Will be that many more losses sustained by SEC teams in the tourney providing me with the conference won-lost data that I'll run up an LPT a$$. Looking forward to it.

Your school has had "great success" in getting to the Final Four, not winning any titles with by far the best talent in college basketball. Once you get to the final eight or four teams, you're exposed against legit teams. Anthony Davis ain't walkin' thru that door.

And that's mainly because, like this year, you will be over-seeded in the tourney where three wins are pretty much gift-wrapped. You're a two-seed this year just about as well as Purdue, Notre Dame, or Butler is. (They're not.)

That is mostly the result of playing in a dumpster fire conference that's nowhere close to ACC, BEast, or Big XII most of the time. This is what U of L fans take issue with.

Personally, I'm kinda looking forward to 4-5 SEC teams getting invites. Will be that many more losses sustained by SEC teams in the tourney providing me with the conference won-lost data that I'll run up an LPT a$$. Looking forward to it.

We have won more games against teams seeded higher than us in the tournament that anyone in the span that Cal has been at Kentucky. Look that stat up

We have won more games against teams seeded higher than us in the tournament that anyone in the span that Cal has been at Kentucky. Look that stat up
I don't ask anyone to mine data for me. If you think you can make a point, you bring your own data and present it.

And then I'll show you where you're wrong. :cool:

BTW for any lurking slapd!cks...

Pitino Lite gets no credit for coaching and managing DOWN expectations in some years midseason and then exceeding them at year end. Incorporating an ambiguous "tweak" or "platoon" or "reboot" in the process.

That's just the art of a good snake oil salesman that works with gullible customers.

BTW for any lurking slapd!cks...

Pitino Lite gets no credit for coaching and managing DOWN expectations in some years midseason and then exceeding them at year end. Incorporating an ambiguous "tweak" or "platoon" or "reboot" in the process.

That's just the art of a good snake oil salesman that works with gullible customers.

Good lord Zipp, you're eat up with UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT