ADVERTISEMENT

The SEC is embarrasing

Status
Not open for further replies.
with UofK and the arena, then he gets pissy when a Louisville poster is mad VJ King is sitting on the bench wasting a year away.
Have you watched VJ play defense? He can't even guard a back cut. All the talent in the world offensively but the kid has never had to play defense. He's lost and lazy on the defensive side of the ball. He will be a great player once he plays defense and learns the system. If you make mistakes a D, have a seat next to coach and get your ass chewed. If you think VJ can play the same defense as Deng, you're a lost cause.

If you don't want to play D and work hard, CRP isn't the guy for you. Go to UK where defense is a foreign language or try a PAC 12 school. They don't know what defense is on the West Coast. Just ask Shaquan Aaron, couldn't play D here and loves USC.

Reactions: Banker85
I don't ask anyone to mine data for me. If you think you can make a point, you bring your own data and present it.

And then I'll show you where you're wrong. :cool:

"Elite program," my a$$...
Beating teams that are seeded higher than you in the tournament is hard to do, regardless of the burger boys.

he is 1000% better than ANYBODY on the team offensively..............
game is about buckets....................
Proof? The one game he scored 20? I'm not a VJ hater at all but he gives up more on D than he scores. That's basketball 101.

Donovan will chew VJ up and spit him out offensively. 100% better? That's a bold statement.

Last edited:
PLAYERS PLAYING WITH ONE EYE ON THE COURT AND ONE EYE ON THE BENCH EQUALS A VERU SHORT POST SEASON.
Since you typed it in all caps I guess that means you mean business.

Do you recall the game where VJ was beaten on an outlet pass not once, not twice but three times? An outlet pass, something you should be taught to cover from 6th grade on. AAU is ruining fundamental basketball. It's about dunking, shooting threes or how bad you can cross someone over and break their ankle. Playing defense is a lost art. What happened when the Ball kid score 100 plus in his high school game? It was all over Sportscenter but it was a joke. That wasn't basketball, it was running up the score and snowbirding on his part.

Perform or sit, it's the Pitino way. If you expect anything different than that, it's the definition of insanity on your part.

Since you typed it in all caps I guess that means you mean business.

Do you recall the game where VJ was beaten on an outlet pass not once, not twice but three times? An outlet pass, something you should be taught to cover from 6th grade on. AAU is ruining fundamental basketball. It's about dunking, shooting threes or how bad you can cross someone over and break their ankle. Playing defense is a lost art. What happened when the Ball kid score 100 plus in his high school game? It was all over Sportscenter but it was a joke. That wasn't basketball, it was running up the score and snowbirding on his part.

Perform or sit, it's the Pitino way. If you expect anything different than that, it's the definition of insanity on your part.
I expect winning basketball and a coach using his best assets, not sitting them on the bench just because you want to be an asshat.

Hope this week has reminded him how Russ Smith supposedly changed his point of view and he gets back to coaching with some sence.

Proof? The one game he scored 20? I'm not a VJ hater at all but he gives up more on D than he scores. That's basketball 101.

Donovan will chew VJ up and spit him out offensively. 100% better? That's a bold statement.
VJ is the best offensive pro prospect on this team... to deny that is pure stupidity.

So that's what then, less than a whole loss? o_O

We lost by 2 at Uk when down by like 15 in the 2nd half, is that a moral victory as well or do we suck? 90% of your fan base was probably saying we suck and wooh whipped them Cardinals after that game last year

VJ is the best offensive pro prospect on this team... to deny that is pure stupidity.
I don't deal in prospects. I deal in who helps is win now. Right now and for the foreseeable future, it's Donovan. It's just that simple Beasley. I don't want to argue, I'm just giving you facts you can't refute.

Bitch, piss and moan all you want about VJ. Until he learns to play D the way coach wants, he's a role player.

I don't deal in prospects. I deal in who helps is win now. Right now and for the foreseeable future, it's Donovan. It's just that simple Beasley. I don't want to argue, I'm just giving you facts you can't refute.

Bitch, piss and moan all you want about VJ. Until he learns to play D the way coach wants, he's a role player.
If VJ was at Duke or Kentucky he would be months away from being a lottery pick. Here at louisville his career will be wasted on the bench as walkons and players below him play. Those mind games are tough to navigate.

I am a diehard louisville fan. We have an advantage in the paint. We never exploit it.

Matz stockman has wasted years on the bench. If he was at perdue he would be a star.

If VJ was at Duke or Kentucky he would be months away from being a lottery pick. Here at louisville his career will be wasted on the bench as walkons and players below him play. Those mind games are tough to navigate.

I am a diehard louisville fan. We have an advantage in the paint. We never exploit it.

Matz stockman has wasted years on the bench. If he was at perdue he would be a star.
Dear sweet Lord Beasley- in the sauce tonight? First of all, does Stockman play for a chicken company? Perdue? Purdue.
Second- no offense to Matz, the kid tries hard and gives great effort but to say his skill set is limited is being kind. Matz couldn't start for Bellarmine. You just showed your basketball IQ is in the toilet.

Who ares about conferences at this point. It's tourney time. UK will be able to prove their worth. They have the talent to beat anyone. This is a strong year for college basketball. Bring on March madness baby !!

Dear sweet Lord Beasley- in the sauce tonight? First of all, does Stockman play for a chicken company? Perdue? Purdue.
Second- no offense to Matz, the kid tries hard and gives great effort but to say his skill set is limited is being kind. Matz couldn't start for Bellarmine. You just showed your basketball IQ is in the toilet.
No i just showed something is missing here.

Wasted year for hicks, matz, vj and all other bigs.

Hope our coach wakes up and gets it together.

Usually his teams bring it together by now. Maybe this week will be when we start to gel and start playing team ball.

Maybe he even allows freshmen to play extended minutes.

Who ares about conferences at this point. It's tourney time. UK will be able to prove their worth. They have the talent to beat anyone. This is a strong year for college basketball. Bring on March madness baby !!
UofK is impressive because cal allows his players to play and not look at the bench every play like louisville players do.

Reactions: cwcat
UofK is impressive because cal allows his players to play and not look at the bench every play like louisville players do.

Or Cal plays all of his freshman because that's the best talent on the roster. And today, he even said "If you dont pass the ball, you're out. If you don't rebound, you're out." The talent is so different it's absurd for you to even say something so ignorant. Besides the fact that his freshman are the best on the team, he also plays them SO THEY ARE ONE AND DONE, he also plays them because, well, who else does he have on the team that aren't freshman and are better than the freshman?

Two completely different schools with completely different coaching styles.

Can you just accept that King didn't go to Duke or Uk? So what does that mean? He 99% did not have any intentions of being a OAD. You don't come to UofL to be a OAD. He knew that for a 100% fact. You're the one who doesn't understand that. And quite frankly, I don't know why you don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boom Boys 13

You mean like current 5 star SuCkS Power forward Sasha Jones ?
The one who has played in only 14 of 33 games for SuCkS this season?
He's averaging 2.9 PPG / 2.2 RPG/ 6.9 MPG

VJ has played in EVERY game and has started 2.
Youre wasting our time..........

I think the team that Kevin Stallings left behind beat Florida three times this year. Sure the game is about matchups, and Vandy may not be a good one for the Gators. But no self-respecting team loses three straight times to someone the quality of freaking Vandy. Just when you think the SEC can't outdo itself, it does.

LPT fans aren't touting the quality of the SEC, that's true. However, there's no question they tout the results of playing in the SEC. Their "all time wins" and hyperinflated won-loss records like 40-0 are the result simply of a joke schedule. And two-thirds of that schedule are SEC games. They also like bragging about "conference championships" in some generic sense like it's equivalent to an ACC or BEast championship. Obviously that's just as big a joke.

So no, you won't hear them drumming "SEC, SEC, SEC..." this time of year. But just about everything else they crow about is closely related.

"Elite program," my a$$...
We've had this conversation several times before. You guys spend more time discussing our conference than we do. The SEC sucks at basketball. But what are fans supposed to do? Wear bags over our heads? Be realistic.

In Kentucky's case, the whole thing is moot. We kill it in the post season despite our weak conference schedule. We also do very well In our non conference games and high profile neutral site games. So it doesn't matter and doesn't hinder us. It just gives you guys something else to talk down about. Which is pretty rich since UL racked up football wins for years in a conference that the BCS barely even took seriously. Very hypocritical

We've had this conversation several times before. You guys spend more time discussing our conference than we do. The SEC sucks at basketball. But what are fans supposed to do? Wear bags over our heads? Be realistic.

In Kentucky's case, the whole thing is moot. We kill it in the post season despite our weak conference schedule. We also do very well In our non conference games and high profile neutral site games. So it doesn't matter and doesn't hinder us. It just gives you guys something else to talk down about. Which is pretty rich since UL racked up football wins for years in a conference that the BCS barely even took seriously. Very hypocritical
We've been invaded by slapdicks on this board. Shouldn't you be in Nashville with all of slapdick nation wearing blew from head to toe? There are much more fun things to do in Nashville than troll around on our message board.

I respect it. Hope that louisville doesnt have to play and sec team because some of our posters will die after we lose.

Reactions: cwcat

Typical idiot uk fan. ACC team won the Ncaa Championship this year. The BCS is done. Your basketball conference still sucks and is the only reason uk gets seeded so high and gifted several round wims every year. The more you clowns talk the more you look stupid.

Reactions: Boom Boys 13
he is 1000% better than ANYBODY on the team offensively..............
game is about buckets....................
If his superiority is that evident, you'll have no problem listing all of the provable reasons why.

Here's your chance Ms Beasley - dazzle us...

Because uofk doesn't deserve a two seed for barely beating garbage teams.
I can honestly say uofk would have finished 9-9, 8-10 in the ACC this year.

If his superiority is that evident, you'll have no problem listing all of the provable reasons why.

Here's your chance Ms Beasley - dazzle us...
Simple ms hall moniter. I want to win. Hopefully our hall of fame coach is scandal free and wants to win as well.
Hope we do not have a repeat of 2010 and have a great team, but coach has done something that takes his mind off of coaching a great team to a championship.

Graduated from uofl and will be a fan with or without the mindgames from slick.
Used to be happy he was our coach, but will be happier when he takes his arse on down the road.
Who would be better? Never understood the agenda against Rick. It's obvious he can't do anything that would be acceptable to you. May want to change that avatar image of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT