ADVERTISEMENT

Next coach???

I come in peace. David Padgett will eventually have the interim tag removed. And will be named permanent head coach. This might not be what some on here wants to hear. Not trying to raise a stink, But UofL basketball is facing some pretty harsh NCAA sanctions. Not the best climate to hire a new coach.
Nailed it!

I mean after all, when eddie sutton (in a drunken stupor) forgot to seal up that box of money to eric manuel, the yuts turned over the permanent job to mr. wildyut - bill keightley.

Oh wait...

Regardless of how well Padgett and the team does the job will be opened up, that is a fact.

Despite the poor timing, there was a tremendous amount of interest in this position by coaches willing to leave their current jobs to take the position. This was prior to UofL naming Padgett the interim coach.

Stay turned Cards and kitty fans, UofL will hire a top flight coach. I like Padgett, but his chances are 5% or less.

I come in peace. David Padgett will eventually have the interim tag removed. And will be named permanent head coach. This might not be what some on here wants to hear. Not trying to raise a stink, But UofL basketball is facing some pretty harsh NCAA sanctions. Not the best climate to hire a new coach.
From a fanbase that's great at predicting this stuff...

Regardless of how well Padgett and the team does the job will be opened up, that is a fact.

Despite the poor timing, there was a tremendous amount of interest in this position by coaches willing to leave their current jobs to take the position. This was prior to UofL naming Padgett the interim coach.

Stay turned Cards and kitty fans, UofL will hire a top flight coach. I like Padgett, but his chances are 5% or less.
Fake news!

Mike DeCoursey, the Sporting News basketball writer, recently spoke to the Louisville Quarterback Club and he said that we will be pleasantly surprised at the quality coaches who will be interested in the our job. Hope he's right.

Come in peace. How about not visiting at all. What the He$$ could you possibly know.

We can get whoever we want-and any UK fans who thinks differently is...a UK fan. Padgett is working hard and getting through some of his mistakes. Lets see how this ends up. I like how DP coaches-he gives them more leash than Rick but makes changes when he sees problems. Purdue at home and a clunker against Seton Hall is not enough data to make a decision. Our brand is still one of the top brands in college basketball.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
If our brand is what you say it is (and I agree with that too), then Padgett doesn't get a sniff at the position. Sorry, I like Padgett but he doesn't deserve the spot. He hasn't earned it.

Reactions: awf
Should have given Padgett at least 2 years. Recruiting was going to be difficult with probable sanctions but almost impossible if you can’t guarantee a kid your going to be their coach.

Hate to throw cold water on a good debate, but I don't know who people think is gonna hire Padgett's replacement, this Cat??

Impeccable%20Standards_zpszp4kdswz.jpg

And I might remind you that Padget''s replacement needs to be hired in about four months at season's end. You don't have a permanent Prez or AD, jobs that need to be filled first. Just a couple of fill-in goons.

I also don't think Jurich is willing to lend a helping hand...

Last edited:
Give Padgett 2 years??? Yeah right! First of all, no way. Second of all a two-year contract would do NOTHING for recruiting.

Remember what the kittie program had to do when it hired Pitino to turn their program around? They gave him a SEVEN YEAR deal, that’s what will happen here IMO. With the mess we’re facing that’s the length of contract we’ll have to offer to get a top coach.

They’ll be a ton of interest, but the seven-year deal will be a must for stability and opportunity to turn this around.

Again, I like Padgett but regardless of what goes down with this season he cannot do enough this season to earn the job IMO. It would be like handing a 16 yr old the keys to a new Corvette.

Last edited:
Steven A. Smith column on ESPN today questioning if it's time for OKC to fire Billy Donovan. Just saying....

Yeah he's struggling, like most the college guys not named Brad Stevens do in the NBA.

Would have been a perfect transition at some point, Pitino to Billy - they are close. I assume that closeness makes him a no go for the position now though.

I think the next hire will have absolutely no ties to Pitino era in any way.... but I could be wrong. I'd certainly take Billy D.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Yeah he's struggling, like most the college guys not named Brad Stevens do in the NBA.

Would have been a perfect transition at some point, Pitino to Billy - they are close. I assume that closeness makes him a no go for the position now though.

I think the next hire will have absolutely no ties to Pitino era in any way.... but I could be wrong. I'd certainly take Billy D.
If BD is interested and those idiots take a pass based on his previous connection to pitino, they’re dumber than conceivably possible.

If BD is interested and those idiots take a pass based on his previous connection to pitino, they’re dumber than conceivably possible.
Donovan might just be looking for a job in the near future too. I like Padgett a lot but he is obviously in over his head right now. Billy Donovan would not be. He is a great coach and would fit in at UofL very well. I would love to see him return to college as UofL's permanent head coach.

Well money talks and BS walks.....if BD is fired, unemployment can drive a lot of decisions in wacky ways and loyalty can go out the door rather quickly.

The question is.....would this current Administration even allow him be considered? IDK, and could UofL even afford him giving the current lawsuit(s) pending with the you know who(s)?

Nuts!

The bias may be true but the bottom line is they have George, Westbrook, and Anthony in OKC .... and have a losing record and risk missing the playoffs. The fall guy would be the coach.

As for Billy D's next potential job, there are always a # of good jobs available it seems each year, there are a couple jobs that may not open up right away but could open up in a year or two... a guy like him will be highly coveted.

Will be interesting to see who gets his services. Not ruling UofL out completely, but it feels like a longshot given his relationship with Pitino - also not sure how much $ UofL will have to lure him, or any coach.

also not sure how much $ UofL will have to lure him, or any coach.
That's the bigger issue than loyalty to a friend and mentor. UofL may not be in a position to afford a coach of Donovan's pedigree. David Padgett might get the job because he could be the only affordable choice.

I met and talked with Coach Pitino after Wayne Blackshear's debut in Morgantown back in 2012. I was considered for the interim coach position, but due to my connections to Coach Pitino, the BoT decided to pass on me being the new interim HC.

No disrespect (aw, hell....take it any way you like) but Louisville won't have troubles finding A coach. It's just gotta be THE coach.
Of course Donovan would be a heckuva hire. Indiana, possibly UCLA, Arizona and plenty of other schools would think so too.
If you decide to not keep the guy you have, there will be a TON of candidates.
Just finding the right one is the tricky part. Even EXPERIENCED athletic directors roll the dice on that. If you change, that's where you find what Mr Tyra or his successor can do.

Hate to throw cold water on a good debate, but I don't know who people think is gonna hire Padgett's replacement, this Cat??

Impeccable%20Standards_zpszp4kdswz.jpg

And I might remind you that Padget''s replacement needs to be hired in about four months at season's end. You don't have a permanent Prez or AD, jobs that need to be filled first. Just a couple of fill-in goons.

I also don't think Jurich is willing to lend a helping hand...

And they just may save our banner that fans like you don't deserve. I dont want to see you celebrating if we do retain the banner.

Your buddies that were fired may very well be the reason why us fans get to cherish something and have something to show for it rather than using our imaginations, as the NCAA has wanted us to do.

Last edited:
Nailed it!

I mean after all, when eddie sutton (in a drunken stupor) forgot to seal up that box of money to eric manuel, the yuts turned over the permanent job to mr. wildyut - bill keightley.

Oh wait...
Yeah but that school also completely cleaned house...you know AD gone-resigned, all the coaching staff gone..etc. unlike another school who had a coach who refused to leave and an AD who refused to fire him and then the school claimed well we'll just hire another assistant on staff bc everyone else was clearly "rogue" in every instance and his ears were muffed each time all these ppl were around. And lots of other schools in the country have a Pablo Escobar AD where the school gets put on serious sanctions not once but twice and doesn't push the couch out...happens all the time! Gee, I wonder why he got let go. But his job was to grow the athletics!!!..why yes uofl and the entire city should be treated as the same thing and we should definitely not be concerned about hindering city growth as long as we get some wins. Its a conspiracy!

Totally the same!

Reactions: awf
Yeah but that school also completely cleaned house...you know AD gone-resigned, all the coaching staff gone..etc. unlike another school who had a coach who refused to leave and an AD who refused to fire him and then the school claimed well we'll just hire another assistant on staff bc everyone else was clearly "rogue" in every instance and his ears were muffed each time all these ppl were around. And lots of other schools in the country have a Pablo Escobar AD where the school gets put on serious sanctions not once but twice and doesn't push the couch out...happens all the time! Gee, I wonder why he got let go. But his job was to grow the athletics!!!..why yes uofl and the entire city should be treated as the same thing and we should definitely not be concerned about hindering city growth as long as we get some wins. Its a conspiracy!

Totally the same!
It's been awhile, but I don't recall slapd!cks having anything worth saving.

<== We OTOH had this guy...

And they just may save our banner that fans like you don't deserve. I dont want to see you celebrating if we do retain the banner.

Your buddies that were fired may very well be the reason why us fans get to cherish something and have something to show for it rather than using our imaginations, as the NCAA has wanted us to do.
If you could describe a little more clearly who "fans like me" are, I won't have to guess. Always love it when better fans play the "F" card.

And if you're suggesting anything close to a trade of Jurich for the 2013 banner, you're clueless...

If you could describe a little more clearly who "fans like me" are, I won't have to guess. Always love it when better fans play the "F" card.

And if you're suggesting anything close to a trade of Jurich for the 2013 banner, you're clueless...
That brings an interesting question for you Z. If you could have your pick, would you rather have? The banner restored along with the wins but Jurich is gone forever, or the banner and wins are lost but Jurich would still be your AD?

That brings an interesting question for you Z. If you could have your pick, would you rather have? The banner restored along with the wins but Jurich is gone forever, or the banner and wins are lost but Jurich would still be your AD?
You didn’t ask me but, I’ll take Jurich as the AD over the wins and the banner all day - every day and twice on Sunday. I saw those victories - no one can make me un-see them no matter what they do.

Reactions: zipp and awf

Totally the same!
This word salad reads like a Gil Thorp comic. If you had a point, it was completely lost.

You didn’t ask me but, I’ll take Jurich as the AD over the wins and the banner all day - every day and twice on Sunday. I saw those victories - no one can make me un-see them no matter what they do.
That's interesting. Thanks for the response. This question is for anyone who wants to answer actually. I think it would probably play as a great poll question

Those records and titles would be on the books long after Pitino and Jurich were dust.

In a nutshell...Pitino was fired for cause.
Jurich was fired 'cause' he was too good at what he was hired to do. Sorry, academic side, the AD wasn't hired to improve you. Sorry, BOT....if you really didn't have a clue about how hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent over twenty years, shame on you.
Even a guy wearing blue shades knows the man was hired at UofL for one goal and one goal only....athletics. He stated as much the day he was hired.
If that's not what was wanted, just maybe somebody should have put it in his contract.

Reactions: Law007

Well check this, Postel is about to be the permanent President, just wait for it. They wouldnt be searching for a permanent AD if he wasnt going to be the permanent President.

So there's a point where you have to just move on even though it may be difficult.

That's interesting. Thanks for the response. This question is for anyone who wants to answer actually. I think it would probably play as a great poll question
The typical slapd!ck values basketball banners above all else. That's why his completely logical answer is "interesting" for you...

Well check this, Postel is about to be the permanent President, just wait for it. They wouldnt be searching for a permanent AD if he wasnt going to be the permanent President.

So there's a point where you have to just move on even though it may be difficult.
Kinda like the advice I got about Bailout Arena in 2011. And I'll give the same response... You're in the 2nd inning of a nine-inning ballgame...

The typical slapd!ck values basketball banners above all else. That's why his completely logical answer is "interesting" for you...
I absolutely 100% without a doubt value titles above all else!! Yes that includes the banners they are written on. This is college ball, it isn't the U.N. summit. What else would matter beyond championships?

Yes I said the poster's take was interesting. It wasn't an insult. I wasn't picking a fight but you are ever the drama queen. Trying to start crap out of nothing. I dated a chick like that in grade school

I absolutely 100% without a doubt value titles above all else!! Yes that includes the banners they are written on. This is college ball, it isn't the U.N. summit. What else would matter beyond championships?

Yes I said the poster's take was interesting. It wasn't an insult. I wasn't picking a fight but you are ever the drama queen. Trying to start crap out of nothing. I dated a chick like that in grade school
You said "THE banner" which is basketball, and my remark to you clearly reiterated "basketball". The fact is slapd!cks value basketball banners above all else because those define you...they're your identity.

U of L fans typically look at the bigger picture. That is "what else would matter". And a guy like Jurich is certainly the bigger picture by a moonshot. Since you've never had that--someone like Jurich--I can in part understand your lack of comprehension.

And I can see why the grade school chick dumped you. She probably grew up to be a U of L fan...

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT