ADVERTISEMENT

New Coach...

Well think about this way. If Mack had made that comment and none of Xavier’s fans or players have heard about it yet than he’s got better secret service than the President (which ain’t saying much).
So how do you know that none of the player or fans have heard any of this???? I mean, how would you even gauge or know something like that?

Again, YOU guys know who Chris Mack is. Most U of L fans I guarantee you couldn't pick him out of a line-up. And I doubt that many even know who he is, i.e., recognize his name.

Contrast that to Rick Pitino's profile when he was hired in 2001. On the heels of two U of L losing seasons in three, playing in Freedom Hall, and in freaking Conference USA. Pitino personified a home run hire, and he was hired by a great athletic director.

If you're settling for a guy like Chris Mack--I don't care what his potential is--you're saying that hiring Chris Mack is all your new AD is capable of. I don't necessarily disagree with that attitude, but I wanna put this SOB to the test and see if his standards are as "impeccable" as I say sarcastically...

Impeccable%20Standards_zpszp4kdswz.jpg
You are right....however Rick Pitino had an abortion with his mistress, prostitutes were hired for recruits, and money paid to a recruit......all under HIS watch. So...yea...that kind of voids all of that.

So how do you know that none of the player or fans have heard any of this???? I mean, how would you even gauge or know something like that?
Try going over to their message board. While there are numerous threads about hating Mick Cronin and UC, there are 0, zero, nada, threads about any rumors of Mack wanting to be somewhere else. You would think if there was one iota of truth about what HRCard is saying, don’t you think someone would take off on it. In fact I encourage either you or HR to start a thread over there and see what you get.

Try going over to their message board. While there are numerous threads about hating Mick Cronin and UC, there are 0, zero, nada, threads about any rumors of Mack wanting to be somewhere else. You would think if there was one iota of truth about what HRCard is saying, don’t you think someone would take off on it. In fact I encourage either you or HR to start a thread over there and see what you get.
Well..their board is as dead as a deer on opening day.

I will say...thanks to our BOT we dont know anything about our own program so what makes you think any of their fans know or even care. How many fans does Xavier basketball have honestly....like die hard fans?

I will say...thanks to our BOT we dont know anything about our own program so what makes you think any of their fans know or even care. How many fans does Xavier basketball have honestly....like die hard fans?
Geez, you want their coach but know nothing about their program? Their fans were definitely rocking against Villanova. They have a pretty good chance of getting a No. 1 seed yet because of his wife he’s going to turn his back on his Alma mater and come to U of L.

You are right....however Rick Pitino had an abortion with his mistress, prostitutes were hired for recruits, and money paid to a recruit......all under HIS watch. So...yea...that kind of voids all of that.
Irrelevant unless you're saying ANY home run hire is gonna make those same mistakes. And that's ridiculous.

This is about a decision made in 2001--before any of that stuff had happened--and a comparable decision made today...

Irrelevant unless you're saying ANY home run hire is gonna make those same mistakes. And that's ridiculous.

This is about a decision made in 2001--before any of that stuff had happened--and a comparable decision made today...

Was it a homerun hire if those mistakes were made?

I think Padgett is returning.
Maybe not. Not now. Now with this ruling, it almost certainly will help UofL win their counter lawsuit with Pitino (not sure if there has been one filed against Jurich yet), so they might have the money to go after a home run hire if they want to. Still hoping I'm wrong about the new BOT and that they have the best interest of the athletic department at heart. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Xavier is a damn good program, nice arena.

I will NEVER believe you are a Cardinal. I think you’re kitty troll big-time. You keep showing your hand, not much of a poker player! Kitty fans love to bring up the abortion & mistress. Enough said.

Smart’s 27-33 record at Texas this season and last has taken the shine off.

As for Marshall, no one doubts his skills as a head coach but he has a really bad reputation as being a prick to deal with. Can he handle a job like UofL where you are part coach and part senator?
I heard there’s a real prick coaching football down in Alabama - think his name is Saban. Marshall’s not my first pick but I could give two shits if he’s a nice guy. The guy can flat coach. He’s in my top five, you want a choir boy? Go to church!

Saban does a good job playing senator when need be. Btw...I think Marshall would be a great coach. I prefer Mack but Marshall would be #2

After Marshall’s comments today regarding the 2013 Final Four, I’d scratch him off the list. He’s a prick.

Talked about how Michigan and Wichita St should get their players together and play the national championship. One of them should be crowned.
His team had that game in their hands and let it get away from them. His comments may have poisoned the well for him if he had any interest in the first place. But it would not be the first time he let his mouth get away from him.

Reactions: Deeva
Maybe not. Not now. Now with this ruling, it almost certainly will help UofL win their counter lawsuit with Pitino (not sure if there has been one filed against Jurich yet), so they might have the money to go after a home run hire if they want to. Still hoping I'm wrong about the new BOT and that they have the best interest of the athletic department at heart. I guess we'll see soon enough.
Well they would have to be ok with scholarship reductions, 4 year probation and the hope there is no fallout from the FBI investigation. That’s a risk for a coach that already has a team in place.

Coaches who have gone to one Final Four in two decades (Marshall) or one Elite Eight in half that time (Mack) were never on my list. They're not home run hires befitting a national college basketball program...

He’s been scratched, we move on.
It's going to be Chris Mack and it should be. He would be a good, new face for the University moving forward
Dude, honestly I'm no UK fan.

I am pissed at Jurich and Pitino. The ride was fun while they were here and I felt Jurich was the best AD in the country before all of this happened.

It is what It is. I don't get the excuses made for these two. They F"ed up...simple as that and it's on them. I'm a UL fan, not a Pitino and Jurich fan They are gone and they deserve to be .

I think this makes me a UL fan more than you. It seems as if you and some other guys are bigger Jurich fans than the University and have nothing wrong with the way those two clowns left our program

Last edited:
Reactions: Knucklehank1
I mean there were guys on here yesterday saying that they,"hope Pitino sticks it to the university " in his law suit. Does someone like that even realize what they are saying? Some people even hope this BOT and AD fail....I really questions guys like that. Their sanity and love for the University that is.

Its the same type of people who were vocal when their candidate lost the presidential election. They said things like, " I hope Trump fails"....I mean listen to what you are saying. You hope America fails? So you hope the BOT or the President in other cases fails so that it fits your agenda or opinion? Stupid stupid logic. Americans can be so, so dumb sometimes.

So yes, there are guys who are bigger Pitino and Jurich fans on here than UL.

It's going to be Chris Mack and it should be. He would be a good, new face for the University moving forward

Dude, honestly I'm no UK fan.

I am pissed at Jurich and Pitino. The ride was fun while they were here and I felt Jurich was the best AD in the country before all of this happened.

It is what It is. I don't get the excuses made for these two. They F"ed up...simple as that and it's on them. I'm a UL fan, not a Pitino and Jurich fan They are gone and they deserve to be .

I think this makes me a UL fan more than you. It seems as if you and some other guys are bigger Jurich fans than the University and have nothing wrong with the way those two clowns left our program
Here’s the deal. Pitino, he fell asleep at the wheel and deserve to be canned. Jurich? Explain how Postel & Co can brag on him and a month later fire him. There’s no way that Jurich should have been canned. Reprimanded, hell yes, fired? Hell no.

In retrospect, Tom Jurich should have got with Ramsey and fired Rick after the Karen Sypher incident. If he had he’d still be in his position at UofL. That was his biggest mistake as an AD, not hiring Steve Kragthorpe as we always had thought!

Reactions: Deeva
I mean there were guys on here yesterday saying that they,"hope Pitino sticks it to the university " in his law suit. Does someone like that even realize what they are saying? Some people even hope this BOT and AD fail....I really questions guys like that. Their sanity and love for the University that is.

Its the same type of people who were vocal when their candidate lost the presidential election. They said things like, " I hope Trump fails"....I mean listen to what you are saying. You hope America fails? So you hope the BOT or the President in other cases fails so that it fits your agenda or opinion? Stupid stupid logic. Americans can be so, so dumb sometimes.

So yes, there are guys who are bigger Pitino and Jurich fans on here than UL.
I question how anyone who says they're a fan of U of L can support a takeover of management by unqualified people who will lie, cheat, and steal to accomplish goals that likely have little to do with U of L's advancement. I question how you can be that blind or passive. Were you born last year and have no recollection of the past and specific events? Do you simply accept what you've been handed and say "oh well"?

Not the way I do things nor will it ever be. And I've probably been a U of L fan longer than many of you have been alive...

Brad Stevens, Billy D, and Tony Bennett. Jay Wright as well although the question of safety is in play...

If you are going to say Tony Bennett is a homerun then you have to include Chris Mack. Bennett has 11 years as head coach - 2 sweet sixteens and 1 elite 8. Mack has 1 more sweet 16 in 3 less seasons.

Bennett can flat coach. But his style SUCKS!!! I literally hate watching Virginia basketball. NO THANK YOU!

His style is great in regular season but inability to play at different paces really hurts them in March.

If you are going to say Tony Bennett is a homerun then you have to include Chris Mack. Bennett has 11 years as head coach - 2 sweet sixteens and 1 elite 8. Mack has 1 more sweet 16 in 3 less seasons.
Bennett competes in and wins the nation's best conference regularly with less talent than his competition. Tells me he's a pretty damn good coach.

But even more importantly at the moment, he's far more likely to be clean than Mack. Bennett doesn't usually pursue top shelf recruits...

[BTW, there are FOUR HOF coaches in aforesaid conference, and they individually had more raw talent than Bennett each year...]

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT