ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Drake

I am so glad that game is over it was a good win against a good team. Drake was just as good as Duke, UNC and other teams in our conference. They were well coached and I also thought they really showed good sportsmanship. Every time one of our players were knocked to the floor by a foul they helped us up.

I am so glad that game is over it was a good win against a good team. Drake was just as good as Duke, UNC and other teams in our conference. They were well coached and I also thought they really showed good sportsmanship. Every time one of our players were knocked to the floor by a foul they helped us up.
I noticed that as well. That was a very quality team.

In the 2nd half I have to give Cochran some props. She went up strong to score underneath several times. We need to see more of that from her in the tournament. CC did great in the 1st half when HVL went out but she cooled off in the 2nd. We had a lot of contributions offensively which I was glad to see. Russell is making the best when she comes in.

Reactions: Bardman
Pitiful HVL she play all 3 quarters and only scored 26 points she needs to do better or sit the bench.
The first quarter HVL did. The HVL that makes horrible turnovers does. The most of the 3rd and 4th quarter HVL is the one we need.

Goodness gracious, please someone say it-HVL was spectacular. When has a UL player (women or men) hit more big, tough shots than her last night in a game we absolutely needed it?

Cannot understand anyone criticizing HVL …… without her 26 points and 100% FT shooting we go home.

I watched the replay of Drake against Belmont, and I thought they looked to be as well-coached and disciplined in the half court as anyone I have seen in a long time. Those back door cuts where they scored, were often the third or fourth one per trip; they would have beaten a lot Teams last night. It is not possible to guard the 3, and avoid back door cuts 100% of the time.

Reactions: hawkod
Cannot understand anyone criticizing HVL …… without her 26 points and 100% FT shooting we go home.

I watched the replay of Drake against Belmont, and I thought they looked to be as well-coached and disciplined in the half court as anyone I have seen in a long time. Those back door cuts where they scored, were often the third or fourth one per trip; they would have beaten a lot Teams last night. It is not possible to guard the 3, and avoid back door cuts 100% of the time.
Lol. Of course that’s true but it took her almost the entire game to get there. HVL is an exceptional player therefore she’s held to a higher standard. The over penetrating and stepping out of bounds are just lapses she’s had this year along with turnovers. Had she played like she did at the end in the beginning Drake wouldn’t have been in the game. When she started doing the pull up jumper it loosened things up.and it wasn’t all on her either.
That was a 12 seed and although they were well coached and talented we should have been all over them early and we were at times.
Cochran didn’t decide to play until the end either and she should be credited also for her good D.
As far as the back door cuts we eliminated them for the most part once we stepped up the defense. Their percentage dropped significantly in the fourth quarter.
HVL like I said is exceptional and she’s capable of better than yesterday, actually she’s capable of playing the entire 40 minutes like she did the last 10. I think she has a 40 point game in her. Would trade her for anyone, but won’t cut her any slack either.

Frankly that was one hell of a basketball game. Drake is one of the better teams we played this year. Our ladies gutted it out, played tough for 40 minutes and never lost their composure. Bring Drake to the Yum. It would be a treat.

Frankly that was one hell of a basketball game. Drake is one of the better teams we played this year. Our ladies gutted it out, played tough for 40 minutes and never lost their composure. Bring Drake to the Yum. It would be a treat.
Agree. We need to keep an eye on Drakes Coach. Not sure how old she is but when Walz hangs it up she would be worth a look.

Reactions: rh62531
Before the game most of the talking heads were projecting that Drake would win the game. HVL had 7 points the first quarter sat out the entire 2nd quarter. I thought it was great to see that the whole team picked up the slack and kept pace. However not one player took over the game so without HVL’s return to the game we would have lost. Most of the time when HVL is taking bad shots it is when she is being double teamEd and even sometimes they collapse on her and she has 3 players on her.

The problem is we don’t have anyone else scoring when this happens. I can guarantee you Texas is going to focus their defense on shutting down HVL with double teams. We need to work on open players scoring when this happens. The best example of this was when we blew out ND in the ACC Tournament, our bigs need to be engaged offensively and defensively for us to have a chance.

Beat the Horns by 8 earlier in the year on a neutral floor. At Texas…going to be close.

Reactions: Deeva
HVL is destined to be one of those amazing UL players who will be discounted by opponents, as well as some UL fans; reminiscent of Billy Thompson during his time here.

CJW, just like Denny Crum, has been demonstratively exalting the versatility and sacrificing nature that Hailey brings to her team, yet she is on the fringe when all-conference & all-American considerations are voted by outsiders. Denny told me one time that “he honestly believed the game was too complicated for most observers to appreciate the unselfish value Billy T meant to Louisville.”

Texas was missing two starters that game, including the point guard….

Exactly Koz …… the Princeton team experienced that at Utah; those ladies had no chance with the brutal inside assault aided by the officials. This WBB officiating is not just bad; it’s biased

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT