ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Boston College

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
We have to play a good game today and everybody has to contribute. Defense is what is going to win this game today and I hope we’re ready Boston College has been knocking down their 3’s so we definitely have to extend the defense.

This is like watching bumper cars very physical from both teams. Obvious hard fouls not being called just wait at the end of the game they will call touch fouls that will determine the winner.

I will tell you what is funny if you are watching the game. It looks like they have filled the arena with grade schoolers with Pom Pom’s. Every time either team scores they all wave their Pom Pom’s and cheer for both teams.

I think the only way we will be able to separate ourselves from BC is by out rebounding them.

There is 4:49 minutes left in the 1st half and we have 9 turnovers. They are just bad passes the BC defense is not causing the turnovers.

Up by 4 at half but to many turnovers we have to clean that up. Defense is ok and rebounding has gotten better after the 1st quarter. We look like the better team but we aren’t playing well enough to get comfortable. Have keep out rebounding them and increase the defensive pressure. We have substituted quite often I don’t remember BC substituting at all.

Still giving up too many offensive rebounds. I love Nyla; BUT, her shot clock awareness is bad.

If we win this game and right now that is a big if we won’t get far with all the turnovers. Unfortunately they are unforced turnovers just bad passes and walking. I can’t believe we are this far in the season and we are struggling making good passes.

Announcers and CJ has said:…the UofL defensive mentality just isn’t there. Especially with the transfers. The first time Kiki blocks out may be her first LOL.

We have a 1 point lead with 4:32 left and we throw the ball out of bounds for another unforced turnover.

This team tries.
Yet, communication, passing, team speed, picking up the dribble for no reason and then being stuck…all very average. They don’t suck; 20+ wins is very successful. Getting a 5-7 seed in the NCAAT isn’t horrible either. We have certainly been spoiled for a while.

Reactions: ulcards1
Why are we running the clock down to the very end before we get a shot off and it is always a bad desperation shot.

Because we have a stagnant, poor passing offense. Lots of dribbling.
On que, I watched Kiki not block out twice in a row and then allow the ball to get swiped from behind. Cards are most likely losing this game and limping heavily into the NCAAT.

May be looking like I spoke too soon 🤪
This group does appear to be struggling though (over the last couple of weeks).

I was trying to watch while busy with a dozen things. Clutch steals in the last minute.
You saw the best of the entire game. Louisville scored 20 in first period. Rest of the game was one on one into traffic, stagnant defense, lose the ball, ......

Reactions: CardsDan
Sorry fellow Cards fans, I see no more than three games left for this team. I might even say two depending on who the Cards play in the 1st round.

For whatever reason, this team hasn't been able to come together. Today they looked horrible against a 18 loss team. I think several of the key players are already looking beyond this season.

Coach Walz really has his hands full with this group and I believe he is already thinking about next season. Although not anywhere near as bad as the men's team, the ladies are just playing out the season with little confidence and no expectations.

Reactions: shutterbug
They played really bad today and it was a team effort to play bad. The really bad thing was most of our turnovers were uncontested. We threw the ball out of bounds on passes that were uncontested. Other times we threw the ball right to our opponent. I will say when we are focused and play hard we are a threat.
We split with Notre Dame and if we play hard and limit our turnovers we will have a chance no matter who we play. I don’t know why but for some reason we only play hard every now and then. I was really hoping we would do good in the conference tournament and improve our NCAA seeding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT