ADVERTISEMENT

Rebound, rebound, rebound

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
The game against ND is important for seeding in the tournament. I watched the ND vs UConn game played at UConn. ND bullied UConn and outrebounded them the whole game. We really need to be prepared for a physical game and attack the boards hard. We also need to extend the 3 point defense and keep Hildago from driving the lane. This is going to require a lot of weak side help.

Gotta agree. Last couple of games don’t leave me filled with confidence. I witnessed way too many players standing, and reaching, for rebounds…versus jumping. If our player cannot elevate more than a couple of inches from a static, flat-footed stance we are going to get out rebounded by more athletic teams.

UL did a great job on the boards against ND, even without Olivia grabbing her normal rebounds; her ability to block out so effectively contributed to her teammates getting the advantage.

We have to play with the same intensity every game that we played with against ND.
I turned to my two seatmates after the game was about 7 minutes old and said: We've got a real game tonight! This is going to be great. ND and Cards were both giving it everything they had. Fun to be there. Needed 2,000 more fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT