ADVERTISEMENT

Rebound, rebound, rebound

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
The game against ND is important for seeding in the tournament. I watched the ND vs UConn game played at UConn. ND bullied UConn and outrebounded them the whole game. We really need to be prepared for a physical game and attack the boards hard. We also need to extend the 3 point defense and keep Hildago from driving the lane. This is going to require a lot of weak side help.

Gotta agree. Last couple of games don’t leave me filled with confidence. I witnessed way too many players standing, and reaching, for rebounds…versus jumping. If our player cannot elevate more than a couple of inches from a static, flat-footed stance we are going to get out rebounded by more athletic teams.

UL did a great job on the boards against ND, even without Olivia grabbing her normal rebounds; her ability to block out so effectively contributed to her teammates getting the advantage.

We have to play with the same intensity every game that we played with against ND.
I turned to my two seatmates after the game was about 7 minutes old and said: We've got a real game tonight! This is going to be great. ND and Cards were both giving it everything they had. Fun to be there. Needed 2,000 more fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT