ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Drake

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
I have watched a lot of games and outside of the 1 vs 16 they all have been close. If we rebound, eliminate careless turnovers, hustle and play good defense we should be OK.

Harris had missed 2 layups and Cochran 1 not what I was hoping for. Yes Drake can hit 3 pointers

Refs start out calling fouls on UofL for breathing on Drake while we are getting bodied up a lot going up for shots.

Reactions: 2330859
Up 2 to end the 1st quarter both teams playing good. I am glad we are guarding the 3 point line I hope we continue to do so. Those 3 pointers hurt worse than the 2 pointers.

Up 2 to end the 1st quarter both teams playing good. I am glad we are guarding the 3 point line I hope we continue to do so. Those 3 pointers hurt worse than the 2 pointers.
We are but they’re killing us down low.

Why? Why does Walz put HVL in to take the shot? She was out for more than a quarter. Don’t think that was smart

Reactions: Bardman
39-39 at half this is going to be a nail biter. HVL only played about 8 minutes because of 2 early fouls. I am afraid we will over adjust on defense down low and give up the 3 point line.

They are wearing us out down low.
It's worse than that...it has been a steady layup line for them. And Jeff has made noooo adjustments until late.

On the other side of the floor we have blown layup after layup after layup. Harris and Cochran.
When we foul...they hit their free throws...

With their offense it's just dumb slip screens. Same stuff Iowa and IU and Ohio State live off of when they are not swishing 3s.

We opened the game pressing. Harris literally has 3 or 4 steels, mostly off the front end of the press. Nyla Harris was wore out with 4 minutes left.

Will be interesting to see what adjustments we mKe. With 4 minutes left down by 7, Jeff had Jones, Carr, Harris, Robinson, and Russell on the floor. We then proceeded to make defensive stops.

Don't know if we will pull this one out... Drake is like a better shooting version of Ohio State...

Reactions: CardsFirst
It's worse than that...it has been a steady layup line for them. And Jeff has made noooo adjustments until late.

On the other side of the floor we have blown layup after layup after layup. Harris and Cochran.
When we foul...they hit their free throws...

With their offense it's just dumb slip screens. Same stuff Iowa and IU and Ohio State live off of when they are not swishing 3s.

We opened the game pressing. Harris literally has 3 or 4 steels, mostly off the front end of the press. Nyla Harris was wore out with 4 minutes left.

Will be interesting to see what adjustments we mKe. With 4 minutes left down by 7, Jeff had Jones, Carr, Harris, Robinson, and Russell on the floor. We then proceeded to make defensive stops.

Don't know if we will pull this one out... Drake is like a better shooting version of Ohio State...
Paragraph 2 has literally even an all season issue. Also, we just don’t have a legit athletic 5. Neither Cochran or Dixon can’t jump

Reactions: rh62531
The trap is working great for us let’s see how Drake adjust to it. Remember somebody will be open.

They are killing us on the backboards... its because they don't really need off rebounds especially in the 1st half.

Finally their shooting is down to around 50%...presumably because out " make em till your arms fall off" defense is finally working...

Just glad Jeff just doesn't cuss these girls out...because shouting at them so loud u can hear it on the TV is sort of awful....phew...

12 Layups for Drake, but they have numerous others they have missed or mishandled. Why are we allowing ourselves to give up so many layups. You could choose to play a zone to eliminate the layups but that is not our DNA???

So….poor communication on defense. The chemistry between HVL and Carr and is non-existent. There was a play a while ago on D when HVL left her player and left Carr out of position. Drake player scored. Carr got pulled out! I could see her saying on the bench ‘She didn’t call switch’.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT