ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Ullis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
I know it is a politically incorrect thing to say what with the slurping by EVERYONE but does anyone besides me actually despise this kid?

Well he had a good game today against the 6th place team in the tough SECeasy conference.

Anyone that knows me knows that I hate Kentucky, but I like Ulis myself. I still hope his team loses their next two games.

Reactions: Deeva
Geez I took it back! I said he's probably an ok kid but what makes me dislike him is the constant fawning and the fact that 3/4 of your fan base (male and female) would shamelessly fellate him
He's a fan/media/opposing coach favorite for sure. Easy guy to like. Most talk about his BB IQ, and playing the game the way it should be played.

Last edited:
The only thing to despise about him is the uni he wears. He's an awesome player and every Cards fan would have loved for him to have chose the Ville. All this disgust over media fawning on players make no sense to me unless it's unwarranted. All of us Cards fans would eat up all that fawning next season if Donovan Mitchell tears it up. Or any Cards player. UK has two incredible players with Ullis and Murray. Nothing new there, but I will be pulling against them against anybody they play.

The only thing to despise about him is the uni he wears. He's an awesome player and every Cards fan would have loved for him to have chose the Ville...
According to Rivals. we didn't offer him a scholly or even recruit him. How would he have "chosen" U of L??

"Elite program", my a$$...

I don't keep up with other teams and leagues as i enjoy following my team but I am a sports fan and any kid that is a first team all American and defensive player of he year must be pretty good. If a Card player was being recognized at that level we would all be enjoying his play and praising his accomplishments.

Our program still has to many uncertainties to be decided on to worry about how many of us hate a UK player or not. Especially one that has evidently earned the awards.

Well then somebody made a mistake. I would take his 5 assists per game any day.
Not sure how big a "mistake" that was. Gotta remember, that's five assists per game against a pretty awful schedule. More interesting how he would have performed against, for example, the ACC.

Not sure how big a "mistake" that was. Gotta remember, that's five assists per game against a pretty awful schedule. More interesting how he would have performed against, for example, the ACC.

In your opinion, has UK ever had ONE player who was at least decent or won ONE game that they deserved or done ANYTHING correctly? I am talking in the over 100 years of the program. Just ONE?

No matter what it is you ALWAYS say..."yeah BUT...."

Yeah,I like the kid too.I think he needs to turn pro.He should've after he daggered us to death last year.;)

Reactions: kyjeff1
There is absolutely no logical reason to hate Tyler ulis outside of the fact that a lot of you guys hate UK with the fire of a thousand suns. The same can be said for Russ smith when he was at UL. I liked that kid.

But he has a good attitude, plays hard, plays D, doesn't run his mouth and coaches his team on the floor. He is arguably the best PG in the country and he is a foot smaller than everyone else. What's to hate ? As far as the media attention, who would you rather see getting it? Ulis or Simmons?

Come on zipp, just go back and look at the UL game and the Duke game this year. He performed pretty freaking good against those ACC teams. Don't forget his game against Kansas on the road. I know you hate the blue but be logical. It's ok to call a spade a spade.

According to Rivals. we didn't offer him a scholly or even recruit him. How would he have "chosen" U of L??

Key words were, "would have loved" as if he HAD chose the Cards. It's pretty clear what I meant and it wasn't a question on why didn't Ullis choose Louisville.

Come on zipp, just go back and look at the UL game and the Duke game this year. He performed pretty freaking good against those ACC teams. Don't forget his game against Kansas on the road. I know you hate the blue but be logical. It's ok to call a spade a spade.
I assume you know that LPT has had FOUR freaking games out of 33 so far against RPI Top 50 teams? That's a mid-major schedule. And you're only 2-2 in those games.

Can't even believe 5-star kids wanna play against that level of competition.

In your opinion, has UK ever had ONE player who was at least decent or won ONE game that they deserved or done ANYTHING correctly? I am talking in the over 100 years of the program. Just ONE?

No matter what it is you ALWAYS say..."yeah BUT...."
In recent times, AD is/was great. A true franchise player which he's showing in the NBA (as I understand since I don't watch it).

As long as Pitino Lite can land a kid like Davis, he can overcome his personal shortcomings and win a championship. But I guess that's the rub because Anthony Davis ain't walkin' thru that door.

I assume you know that LPT has had FOUR freaking games out of 33 so far against RPI Top 50 teams? That's a mid-major schedule. And you're only 2-2 in those games.

Can't even believe 5-star kids wanna play against that level of competition.

Our schedule has not hurt our chances getting recruits and it hasn't hurt our results in the tourney. But back on topic, in a couple months NBA GMs aren't going to be bothered one but by ulis' conference schedule in college. He will go first round. It's because he is awesome. All you need to have to see that is just a little knowledge of basketball. It doesn't take much.

Since you guys know my affinity for stats, I looked at Ulis's and Quentin Snider's numbers normalized for a 40-minute game. Ulis is a little better.

Ulis averages about four more points per game (Ulis 18.0 v. Snider 13.5), three more assists (8.0 v. 5.0), a little higher assists-to-TOs (3.9 v. 2.7), and about the same number of rebounds (3.6 v. 3.3), steals (1.5 v. 1.2), and TOs (2.1 v. 1.9).

Ulis was a Rivals 5-star kid, and Snider was 4-star. He should be playing a little better. Am I slurping blue kool aid for one and not the other? You know the answer. I also know I've got Snider for two more years, and that's a big deal when you're L1C4.

Our schedule has not hurt our chances getting recruits and it hasn't hurt our results in the tourney...
You get recruits because they think it's always gonna be a one-year hitch. Congrats on getting kids who can't wait to leave. And as a reminder, you've had one championship since Pitino Lite's arrival.
...But back on topic, in a couple months NBA GMs aren't going to be bothered one but by ulis' conference schedule in college. He will go first round. It's because he is awesome...
How is that "on topic"? No one but slapd!cks give an ish about the NBA, and that wasn't the case before Pitino Lite became your coach.
...All you need to have to see that is just a little knowledge of basketball. It doesn't take much.
Please instruct me, great teacher! :cool:

Our schedule has not hurt our chances getting recruits and it hasn't hurt our results in the tourney. But back on topic, in a couple months NBA GMs aren't going to be bothered one but by ulis' conference schedule in college. He will go first round. It's because he is awesome. All you need to have to see that is just a little knowledge of basketball. It doesn't take much.
He's a great college player but at 5'7" - he's no 1st rounder.

Since you guys know my affinity for stats, I looked at Ulis's and Quentin Snider's numbers normalized for a 40-minute game. Ulis is a little better.

Ulis averages about four more points per game (Ulis 18.0 v. Snider 13.5), three more assists (8.0 v. 5.0), a little higher assists-to-TOs (3.9 v. 2.7), and about the same number of rebounds (3.6 v. 3.3), steals (1.5 v. 1.2), and TOs (2.1 v. 1.9).

Ulis was a Rivals 5-star kid, and Snider was 4-star. He should be playing a little better. Am I slurping blue kool aid for one and not the other? You know the answer. I also know I've got Snider for two more years, and that's a big deal when you're L1C4.

Being able to read a stat sheet doesn't make you knowledgeable of basketball. Snider isn't as good as ulis and every fan in the country knows it. You know it as well. One of the two players will finish in the top five in the national player of the year race and be a first team all American. It's not snider (who is a fine player btw). This reminds me of that Siva>Wall thread from the other board. My goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT