ADVERTISEMENT

Poor poor UK

teamcanada

800+
Aug 27, 2007
Has UK ever lost a game where they weren't cheated by the referees? Go to their message board after a loss and it's the same thing everytime. I watched the game-you slam the ball on the court and you get T'd up everytime.

Has UK ever lost a game where they weren't cheated by the referees? Go to their message board after a loss and it's the same thing everytime. I watched the game-you slam the ball on the court and you get T'd up everytime.

I agree that the T was legit. Stupid move, caught up in emotion. Ref could have given a pass, but didn't. Either way, the lack of rebounding cost them the game, not the ref, not the T.

As far as people complaining about the refs... you see it here as well. There are tons of threads about the Cards not getting good whistles, or having to play 8 on 5 (in Rupp, in ACC road games, etc).

Not just a UK thing, not just a basketball thing. Heck, I still hear Seahawks fans b*tch about Super Bowl 40! IMO, blaming any loss on the officials shows a lack of understanding of the game and wanting to point the finger elsewhere. A good team will overcome even a bad call... and no one play or one bad call makes the entire difference.

Reactions: Cal4Pres.
Well this UK fan isn't complaining. Heck of a good game. 30 some lead changes,11 ties, and playing in another rivals gym having a white out. Gameday present. Great atmosphere. We almost pulled it off. Now it's on to the NCAA Tournament!!!!!

Well this UK fan isn't complaining. Heck of a good game. 30 some lead changes,11 ties, and playing in another rivals gym having a white out. Gameday present. Great atmosphere. We almost pulled it off. Now it's on to the NCAA Tournament!!!!!

It burns me up that ul beats Texas A&M in football but we can't beat them in basketball. I agree with everyone else, It is time we leave the SEC in basketball and go independent

Great idea Homer! I can imagine your football schedule. ND a State "B " team, Little sisters of the poor, Bellarmine intra mural team etc. Bowl games every year!

It burns me up that ul beats Texas A&M in football but we can't beat them in basketball. I agree with everyone else, It is time we leave the SEC in basketball and go independent
Homer we all love your new avatar but shouldn't that flexing punk have Lamar Jackson's cleat marks on his face since it's inevitable?

Reactions: WKCard and JohnKBA
It's been a while since UofL hasn't been in the tournament. Not sure what to do while it's going on. UK has a lot of experience not playing in it in the last few years how do you handle it?

Reactions: shadow force
The Cats will be fine in time for the conference tournament and big dance. No worries. Good game for the Cards yesterday.

The Cats will be fine in time for the conference tournament and big dance. No worries. Good game for the Cards yesterday.
I don't know but something has changed this year in the SEC with the level of outright cheating and obvious fixing of the games.
I believe the level of jealousy over Cal and our success has reached a point where we will never get a fair chance in this league.

Next thing you will hear from UK fans is that it shouldn't be a technical foul because in Australia it's legal to slam the ball down.

UK fans just need to swallow it and move on.

HAHAHAHA! Your a comedian.

That's Kash freaking Daniel.
The Hillbilly Assassin.
Founding member of UK'S 2016 recruiting class more commonly known as The Legendarys.
How good is he? Good enough to already promise us he will lead us to a SEC championship before he leaves us. I really doubt he is afraid of lamar jackson.

The Hillbilly Assassin.
Founding member of UK'S 2016 recruiting class more commonly known as The Legendarys.
How good is he? Good enough to already promise us he will lead us to a SEC championship before he leaves us. I really doubt he is afraid of lamar jackson.
Probably not afraid of jackson. Why be afraid of something you can't catch?

Next thing you will hear from UK fans is that it shouldn't be a technical foul because in Australia it's legal to slam the ball down.

UK fans just need to swallow it and move on.

No, It just shows you how dirty the NCAA is. I can almost guarantee the NCAA sent him a copy of the rulebook written in english and didn't provide him with a translation to his native language.

I find it quite ironic that two of the blu bloods UK/Duke whom's teams always benefit from a friendly whistle and especially on their on courts. Have been crying about the ref's. Heck U of L has never had a friendly home court advantage whistle. i'll take it any day, cause it's not a issue with the Blu bloods when you play on their home courts. All you have to do is google fouls called against opponents it's right their in black and white.

No, It just shows you how dirty the NCAA is. I can almost guarantee the NCAA sent him a copy of the rulebook written in english and didn't provide him with a translation to his native language.
That's just awesome. I've been taking a course on speaking the Australian language. Beer is "Foster's" in Aussie:p

Australian is a tough language to learn for some people. UK has recognized a need and has gone the extra mile to offer ballplayers credit courses on how to make tacos. Maybe now they'll see the need to offer ballplayers an Australian foreign language course.

You do know they speak Engish in Australia?

Actually there is no specific rule against slamming the ball down . I have seen it called in other games so it's not that unusual. The difference here was he wasn't slamming the ball down in anger.

I find it quite ironic that two of the blu bloods UK/Duke whom's teams always benefit from a friendly whistle and especially on their on courts. Have been crying about the ref's. Heck U of L has never had a friendly home court advantage whistle. i'll take it any day, cause it's not a issue with the Blu bloods when you play on their home courts. All you have to do is google fouls called against opponents it's right their in black and white.
The last 11 games for UK the opponent has shot more free throws with 5 of those games at Rupp.
328 to 210.

But yea, there are a lot of fans that complain every game, which is a little homerish, but there have been a few instances this year which were questionable to say the least

Actually there is no specific rule against slamming the ball down . I have seen it called in other games so it's not that unusual. The difference here was he wasn't slamming the ball down in anger.

It was a screw job just like that judges that so broadly define the beastiality statutes around here. By golly, if the legislature wants a specific orifice on a specific species to be out of bounds they would of said so. Amirite?

Reactions: Cue Card and mgrody

The Hillbilly Assassin.
He will be and I know Lamar is not scared of some hick from eastern Kentucky

end of that game was reminiscent of the Louisville/Pitt game at the yum center a few years ago when a male cheerleader grabbed the ball and tossed it into the air to celebrate with the Cards up by a few points and only a few seconds to go. Automatic technical foul. Similar situation. Cards held on to win. The rule is pretty clear.

But yea, there are a lot of fans that complain every game, which is a little homerish, but there have been a few instances this year which were questionable to say the least

With the NBA talent and superior coaching at Big Blew, it's impossible for them to lose a properly officiated game. So, losing a game is clear proof that the refs were incompetent, crooked, or both.

Reactions: Cue Card
Thank you guys so much for not only beating duke, but doing to Grayson Allen what 95% of the country has wanted to see lol

As a college bball fan in general, I think the technical foul was dumb. I feel the same way about football players getting T'd up from spiking or tossing the ball.

I get why the ref called it.

But Jay Bilas (who I believe went to Duke) called it little league.
Jeff Goodman, who routinely trolls UK fans, said that was awful.

There's nothing homerish about it.

The boys played unbelievably well late in that game despite key injuries and foul trouble. We almost overcame some unholy offensive rebounding numbers by them.

In spite of my reputation here, I've routinely called out homerism on Rafters. I always say if we're going to make fun of U of L and IU, let's not do the same things. In the past, some have questioned my fandom because I don't gush over how Cal eats pancakes or because I don't think he poops ice cream.

That said, this wasn't homerism. That was a pi$$ poor call.

And let's be real. Every team in any sport ever gripes over the refs when they lose. You guys do it. Heck, when UK wins you say the refs helped us win.

When is the last time you've seen a player spike the ball into the ground and let it bounce up into the air and NOT get a T???? The timing was absolutely terrible, but for anyone who thinks that slam in the ball down and letting it bounce shouldn't warrant a T hasn't watched much basketball. Hell we got one earlier in the year when lee or Mitchell one slammed the ball down and was trying to catch it but it got away from him. Like I said name the last time someone did that and didn't get a tech.

When is the last time you've seen a player spike the ball into the ground and let it bounce up into the air and NOT get a T???? The timing was absolutely terrible, but for anyone who thinks that slam in the ball down and letting it bounce shouldn't warrant a T hasn't watched much basketball. Hell we got one earlier in the year when lee or Mitchell one slammed the ball down and was trying to catch it but it got away from him. Like I said name the last time someone did that and didn't get a tech.

An A&M player did it earlier in that same game and didn't get a tech.

I
An A&M player did it earlier in that same game and didn't get a tech.

I didn't watch the game, so I guess I'd have to see it before I could agree or disagree with you. I've rarely ever seen a player spike the ball into the court and not he a tech. In fact I can't think I one single instance. I'd like to see the play you are calling out. I the eyes of a ref, There is a huge difference between slamming the ball down with one hand as opposed to two, even if the Intent is the same.

Wall--Elite 8--Siva 1st round
Knight: Final 4--Siva: Secound round
Teague: Championship--Siva: Final 4.

All 3 guys went further than Siva in their respective years. I would take those 3 seasons over Siva's same 3.
Wow, how clever you are to leave out Siva's Senior year and National Title.:rolleyes:

Your a sharpie for sure but since Senior is a foreign word in Lexy we understand.

Wow, how clever you are to leave out Siva's Senior year and National Title.:rolleyes:

Your a sharpie for sure but since Senior is a foreign word in Lexy we understand.

Or, wait for it. The original post mentioned 3 guards.

So I compared seasons that imvolved those 3 guards.

And I would take Siva's collegian CAREER, over any of those three. Is he a better head to head player, nope. But he had a helluva career here that includes many accomplishments.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Or, wait for it. The original post mentioned 3 guards.

So I compared seasons that imvolved those 3 guards.
Your "reputation here" is that of a passive / aggressive smart azz yut troll. This post is a perfect example.

Reactions: JohnKBA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT