ADVERTISEMENT

Is UofL sports cursed?

Some of you guys are hilarious. School has been progressive for decades. UofL has always been about that with the mission statement.

Getting on board early with letting blacks play with Wes, Butch, and friends. Hiring black coaches for football then hoops.

Now the rules allow players freedom of movement and freedom to get paid. Mega conferences on the way Cards may not have a seat at the table.

There's nothing here for you. None of this is aligned to your core values either. None of it.

Good luck.

Nobody is saying don’t hire black they are saying hire someone who is qualified. If we could get Kelvin Sampson I would be on board. Core values had nothing to do it it’s wanting what’s best for the University. The BOT is majority white but I wish they would get rid of them.

Yeah bud but you don't say a word when a white with no HC experience gets hired somewhere. Crickets. Because that's different for you.

Whatever it is this is a progressive organization that is not aligned to your world view. You are stuck.

Good luck.

Yeah bud but you don't say a word when a white with no HC experience gets hired somewhere. Crickets. Because that's different for you.

Whatever it is this is a progressive organization that is not aligned to your world view. You are stuck.

Good luck.
Don’t forget, he’s all on board for brother Kelvin Sampson (who is actually a Lumbee Indian Native American 😂).

Don’t forget, he’s all on board for brother Kelvin Sampson (who is actually a Lumbee Indian Native American 😂).
Was there outrage when UofL hired Bobby Petrino who had no previous HC experience? No. But he's white, so cool. No problem.

Nobody knows the future, not even the smartest message board posters. Sometimes even they get a few wrong.

Win some lose some. Strong had no HC experience that worked out great. He was even a black guy. Payne just sucked.

So you’re saying that Jerry Eaves, Butch Beard, Marquis Maybin, Ricky Jones, etc. weren’t publicly calling for a black coach to be hired? I’m sorry Ghost but that is the truth and you have to be the only one in the city that didn’t listen to talk shows or read the papers. Like I posted elsewhere now you have the city’s top bigot Ricky Jones calling for a black President to be hired.
When did I say anything about those individuals? I mean seriously - I’m not trying to be rude but, you simply don’t comprehend what you’re reading.

I don’t know how to be more plain or direct - Kenny Payne was hired for a bunch of reasons and yes, being AA was a contributing factor but, far from the only one. You clearly see things through a different lens but your version simply doesn’t square with reality.

Feel free to continue to cling to it if you’d like and the good news is you’re in the right spot - as apparently this is the place where butthurt grudges live forever.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
I am going to call you on this BUD and this time make sure you do yours research BUD. What white coach have we hired that did not have Head coaching experience BUD.

I am going to call you on this BUD and this time make sure you do yours research BUD. What white coach have we hired that did not have Head coaching experience BUD.
Again - do you comprehend what you’re reading? Hop’s post already answered your question before you asked it. Petrino - a Caucasian American - had NO HC experience before Jurich hired him.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
I thought we were talking about basketball since we are on a basketball thread but I do stand corrected on Crum. We also hired Charlie Strong as a Head football coach who had no Head coaching experience. So now we are comparing the current coaches equivalent to Deny Crum.

Crum was an assistant coach to John Wooden and there is no candidate that comes near Deny Crum. I am all for hiring Kelvin Sampson or Shaka Smart. They are successful coaches that have proven themselves. We aren’t talking about them we are talking about guys who have not had that much success.

You want to hire someone because they beat sUcK in the tournament. Well if you haven’t checked yet everybody is beating them in the tournament. I don’t think just because someone has one good year and 3 bad ones make him a good hire. These are the people they are suggesting we hire

In regards to Petrino he was offensive coordinator for Auburn and was very successful. So hire a black assistant coach from UConn who comes from a program they plays at a high level. I think we are in a very bad situation because of the people currently in charge. That is something everyone has been defending.

So what exactly were the reasons KP was hired can you lay them out. I’ve heard because he was a good recruiter, which proved to be wrong. Heard he had NBA experience which did not do him any good. So I don’t want to go down that same road again but that is what people are suggesting.

So what exactly were the reasons KP was hired can you lay them out. I’ve heard because he was a good recruiter, which proved to be wrong. Heard he had NBA experience which did not do him any good. So I don’t want to go down that same road again but that is what people are suggesting.
You just answered your own question with a reality statement but damned if you’ll go down the road of reality.

He was hired because he was supposed to be a great recruiter and he was an alum. Why else would you hire a guy for this job with no head coaching experience anywhere?

It was a failure and it’s over.

Reactions: BPGhost
Race baiter getting mad. Bobby Petrino.

Seriously dude. Why do you think you are in the comments section of Fox News or Truth Social?

You aren't.

You do it alot. Just assumed you wanted some conversation on it. Guess you just want the echo chamber.

Last edited:
I thought we were talking about basketball since we are on a basketball thread but I do stand corrected on Crum. We also hired Charlie Strong as a Head football coach who had no Head coaching experience. So now we are comparing the current coaches equivalent to Deny Crum.

Crum was an assistant coach to John Wooden and there is no candidate that comes near Deny Crum. I am all for hiring Kelvin Sampson or Shaka Smart. They are successful coaches that have proven themselves. We aren’t talking about them we are talking about guys who have not had that much success.

You want to hire someone because they beat sUcK in the tournament. Well if you haven’t checked yet everybody is beating them in the tournament. I don’t think just because someone has one good year and 3 bad ones make him a good hire. These are the people they are suggesting we hire

In regards to Petrino he was offensive coordinator for Auburn and was very successful. So hire a black assistant coach from UConn who comes from a program they plays at a high level. I think we are in a very bad situation because of the people currently in charge. That is something everyone has been defending.
Dude Payne was an assistant for UK one of the top programs in the country, also Oregon, and had time in the NBA.

He's not my choice either.

You are comfortable with white guys with no experience but not the black guys.

Maybe you aren't a bigot it's just so engrained into you, you don't realize it. Couild be.

Really I want a coach that can get us back to a title contender and the names being thrown out here are ridiculous. It doesn’t have anything to do with race baiting that would be Ricky Jones. Another name being thrown around is Musselman and I am not big on him. It’s funny I want a coach who is qualified and there only been a couple of names on here that are actually qualified for the job. The other ones that are mentioned are a joke. Unfortunately they just happen to black I don’t even know why they would be considered because they don’t have the coaching success on their resume.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Really I want a coach that can get us back to a title contender and the names being thrown out here are ridiculous. It doesn’t have anything to do with race baiting that would be Ricky Jones. Another name being thrown around is Musselman and I am not big on him. It’s funny I want a coach who is qualified and there only been a couple of names on here that are actually qualified for the job. The other ones that are mentioned are a joke. Unfortunately they just happen to black I don’t even know why they would be considered because they don’t have the coaching success on their resume.
Fair enough man. Cheers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT