ADVERTISEMENT

LPT Basketball Ready to Hoist a Banner!...

Originally posted by zipp:
Uh-oh. The no-lifers are gonna start googling "Jack" too.

"Elite program", my a$$...
Yeah, that probably won't end well for them. I doubt Mr. Coffee is going to take much abuse before dropping the hammer on these flame baiting trolls.

That's too bad too because I know you enjoy making them twist in the wind as the veins pop out in anger on their collective blue necks.

Hopefully they'll just leave him be. I would hate seeing them all banned along with legal action filed to recoup some of the cost for continuously banning the same people over and over again. It's within their rights you know. It's in the terms of service agreement. Anyone who gets banned then creates new accounts with the intent to create havoc can be prosecuted and fined up to $10,000.00. Just ONE time I wish they would take on the main culprit and teach that guy a lesson.

Another banner going up:

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/2015/03/04/umass-to-retire-uk-coach-caliparis-jersey/24398033/

Originally posted by blubo:
Another banner going up:

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/2015/03/04/umass-to-retire-uk-coach-caliparis-jersey/24398033/
Are they going to put an asterisk next to his number??

Nice post. 13 years ago and you still remember. Do you remember Cal leaving Kansas with his AD's wife?

Serious question - what does "LPT" stand for?
This post was edited on 3/6 12:01 AM by nafdu1984

Originally posted by nafdu1984:
Serious question - what does "LPT" stand for?Check the Rivals LPT forum. There's an active thread on that topic going most of the time.

Originally posted by zipp:
Originally posted by nafdu1984:
Serious question - what does "LPT" stand for?Check the Rivals LPT forum. There's an active thread on that topic going most of the time.

Did you check out that story on the Pasadena Post?

Who cares why waste all this talk about Uk. Hey they are doing something with their freshman special maybe one day Rick or some other coach will get players that have a opportunity to do this.For this program.

The goal for every university is to educate it's students. The dream for an athlete is to win and graduate. Not only does UK fail to educate, but their fans consider a degree a waste of time and even make fun of players who choose to get a degree. It's always good to see another UK poster make his opening post posing as a UK fan and scold us for arguing with unwelcome poster who can even spell at a 5th grade level. A particular poster has some 30 posts which have absolutely no facts involved. He even made claims about wins that KY doesn't have. He also said that KY had the "premiere" program in the history of basketball and always has been. What about the 38 year period when KY had with only one title and UCLA had 11 titles. Five other teams had at least two titles in that period.

They are even at best the third best team over the last 20 years. Both UConn and Duke have more titles in that period. They have also been banned from postseason play for six different seasons which is more than Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, IU and UL combined. They also claim the four titles won in the 40's and 50's even though five of the players on those teams were banned for life for offenses.

How and when was KY ever the best program in the country. A lot of talk and a lot of wins counted against Lexington YMCA while ACC teams weren't even in the NCAA for 30 of those years. It's a story they keep telling, but it doesn't match up with facts. From 1959 to 1983 UL was king and UK refused to play UL then. Even UK's one title in 1978 resulted in UK going on probation for violations in the program. Up until that time UL had never lost to KY even winning the times they met in the NCAA. Just exactly when was KY ever considered the best program in the country by anyone but them. Just because they've said it for 75 years doesn't make it true.

Originally posted by Briggsky:
What about the 38 year period when KY had with only one title and UCLA had 11 titles. Five other teams had at least two titles in that period.
Just to put some perspective on this, UCLA is currently going on 40 years with only one title. Louisville is rocking 27 years with a single title, and Duke played as a member of the NCAA for 40 years before it won its first title. Heck, Kansas only has 1 title in the past 25 years. Long droughts are irrelevant.

Briggs, keep fighting the good fight man. These trolls don't even realize what you and zipp are doing to them.

This board is to discuss sports, and specifically Cards basketball, right? Why do we devote so much time talking about UK, and about Lexington and Louisville and Eastern KY?

And I wish people would get their facts straight. Louisville ranks far worse than the rest of the state when it comes to % of residents who are below the poverty line and way below the poverty line. So for a poster to say "not too many poor people live here" is wholly inaccurate.

From citydata.com;

Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Louisville: 34.8%
Whole state: 23.6%

Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Louisville: 13.7%
Whole state: 8.0%

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/poverty/poverty-Louisville-Kentucky.html#ixzz3TqSebPgC

There are U of L fans in places outside of Louisville. If you are going to make us all out to be inbreds, please stick to facts and don't make up data.

Originally posted by Cue Card:

UK has not and will not dominate college basketball the way UCLA did back in the 60's. That's not going to happen. The rest of the NCAA members won't allow it to happen. Changes will be made to the current format which UK is exploiting, and if Calipari isn't real careful, he will end up getting the UK program slammed with dibilitating sanctions on the level of SMU football.
You mean like Syracuse and probably North Carolina who have been cheating for over ten years, nay, don't think so, that's an ACC/Big East thing.

This post was edited on 3/15 8:44 AM by Corbin

I can't decide who's more mentally ill, Briggs or Zippy.

Both are hilarious in their obsession.
laugh.r191677.gif

You can practically see the steam emanating from Briggs' ears as you read his incoherent, inaccurate rants.
cool.r191677.gif

Those numbers always reach out and grab UK fans. Using six year old falsified date. If you look at actual numbers the state still leads in poverty numbers. And remember we only get 17% back of the 26% we actually donate to the state. If we only get back two of the three dollars back we pay in state taxes. We can't have more poverty. Actually Jerrerson County's poverty rate in half of what you show. Just a complete lie as usual. Sounds to me like you just made up numbers or split the county.

The poverty level for Jefferson County for 2009 - 2013. - 16.7%

The poverty level for the State of Ky for. 2009. - 2013. - 18.8%

Median family income for Jeff. County for 2009-2013. - 46,959

Median family income for the state of KY. 2009-2013. - 43.036

In actuality the state numbers pull our numbers down since they are all worse.

You UK fans simply cannot tell the truth. These numbers are from the United States Census Bureau

If you added in the four surrounding counties, you would find higher numbers. UL has campus areas in both the city and county.

Shame on you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT