ADVERTISEMENT

LPT Basketball Ready to Hoist a Banner!...

No! I don't give a damn about Kentucky!

Good lord I'm sick of hearing about them. On UofL sports radio. On UofL message boards...

Originally posted by KeepingItReal74:
We expect it every year...
You should in the SEC. With multiple NBA draft picks on your roster every year. Should happen often in "conferences" like the SEC and Conference USA. Why doesn't it?
...Do you guys? Be honest. It's ok to be different.ACC. And before that, the Big East. You know, actual conferences.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Beating UL every year. You know, winning in your home court like this year while you guys are in a real conference.

And when will that banner get hoisted?

Just remember... Although it's your Super Bowl, it's one game to just about everyone else in the nation.

"Elite program". my a$$...
This post was edited on 3/2 2:22 PM by zipp

I watched the FSU game, whic by the way was in my opinion a very solid game by your crew, and can't but help noticing all those empty seats. No matter where UK travels it's a full house. We ARE every one's Super Bowl. Hell, after the Kansas State game was won, their fans even chanted WE WANT UK. But yeah, UL is a big game, no duh. And we have been lop-siding the rivalry with beating them.

As I've said many times in the past, NCAA basketball titles are all that. UK has 8 of them and still no one respects their program.

Apparently, 74, Miss St missed the memo. There were large swaths of empty seats for their "Super Bowl". What's wrong with them?

Lmao. This is priceless. UL has all the nation's respect, yet you only hear crickets when mentioning the name UL unless it's a recent court docket. It's all good. Didn't MSU employee the black out against UK and wasn't there a certain snow storm that actually stranded UK there for two days in Starksville? Lmao.

I'm wondering why any self respecting UofL fan would listen to 25 minutes of the Matt Jones show - especially if the only reason they're listening is for troll bait. UK could accomplish history. I don't blame them for enjoying it.

Originally posted by Cue Card:
Originally posted by AzCard:
As I've said many times in the past, NCAA basketball titles are all that. UK has 8 of them and still no one respects their program.
That is true or so it appears. The linked article is from Rolling Stone Magazine. It's worth reading.
This is entertaining, an article from a music magazine that also thought it was a good idea to glorify a terrorist with a cover photo. This holds about as much credibility as if you asked Joe Lunardi what effect Kanye and Kim's marriage has on the music world.

Also, it's entertaining that the richest college basketball program would cite and article about Kentucky turning College basketball into a business. Newsflash, college sports are a business, and Louisville is raking in more money than anyone, but you hide it under #L1C4.
This post was edited on 3/2 4:29 PM by Atwood8665

...yet you only hear crickets when mentioning the name UL unless it's a recent court docket...

Sure you wanna go there, LPT guy, or back on topic??

Lloyd%20Tubman%20Arrest%20Warrant_zpseffp14cz.jpg

Originally posted by J-Rye_UL:
I'm wondering why any self respecting UofL fan would listen to 25 minutes of the Matt Jones show...

Good question...

It was playing in the crapper, which I coincidentally thought was the perfect place for it.

What's the endgame of this argument Zipp?

To convince people UK isn't good on a year they're undefeated? To bring as many UK fans as possible over here? Are you seeking Kardashian type attention?

Originally posted by Rob_deVille:
What's the endgame of this argument Zipp?...Rob, I saw your post near the top and appreciate any U of L fan's POV.

If you don't wanna read about LPT, you can pretty clearly tell from one of my headers what the topic is or isn't about. You don't have to click on it.

This particular thread contained new information as most of the threads I start do. This one contained comments from LPT sources that related to recent discussions here about the current LPT basketball season. The information just came to light today, so that's why I started a thread about it. Again, if that doesn't matter to you, the header to the thread should have tipped you off.

If threads I start or participate in of this nature frustrate you, I think you have the option to put me on "ignore". I'm not sure because I never use that feature which I see as analogous to putting your hands over your eyes. If that's your only recourse, maybe you should consider it.

Thanks again for your comments, but I don't know what I can do that I'm also willing to do to help you out.

Originally posted by Atwood8665:

That is true or so it appears. The linked article is from Rolling Stone Magazine. It's worth reading.
This is entertaining, an article from a music magazine that also thought it was a good idea to glorify a terrorist with a cover photo. This holds about as much credibility as if you asked Joe Lunardi what effect Kanye and Kim's marriage has on the music world.

Also, it's entertaining that the richest college basketball program would cite and article about Kentucky turning College basketball into a business. Newsflash, college sports are a business, and Louisville is raking in more money than anyone, but you hide it under #L1C4.
Credible or not, it is still an article written outside the city limits of Lexington, and while I'm not in 100% agreement with what was written, it WAS written with some objectivity as the author of the article explained his point of view. Some of it I agree with, and some of it I do not. Regardless, it does point out that there are a lot of people out there who have little respect for Kentucky with what they're doing right now today and how they're doing it.

EDIT:

Here's one of the paragraphs that I absolutely 100% agree with.

"There is an overarching sense that high-level college basketball has lost its way largely because of
the one-and-done rule that has benefited Kentucky so greatly. And so I
think what people see when they watch Kentucky is a betrayal of our
illusions about college sports; I think Kentucky's naked capitalism
feels so discomfiting because it doesn't bother to really even hide
behind the veil of amateurism.
"

Spot on accurate IMO.

This post was edited on 3/2 6:50 PM by Cue Card

Originally posted by Atwood8665:

Credible or not, it is still an article written outside the city limits of Lexington, and while I'm not in 100% agreement with what was written, it WAS written with some objectivity as the author of the article explained his point of view. Some of it I agree with, and some of it I do not. Regardless, it does point out that there are a lot of people out there who have little respect for Kentucky with what they're doing right now today and how they're doing it.

EDIT:

Here's one of the paragraphs that I absolutely 100% agree with.

"There is an overarching sense that high-level college basketball has lost its way largely because of
the one-and-done rule that has benefited Kentucky so greatly. And so I
think what people see when they watch Kentucky is a betrayal of our
illusions about college sports; I think Kentucky's naked capitalism
feels so discomfiting because it doesn't bother to really even hide
behind the veil of amateurism.
"

Spot on accurate IMO.

This post was edited on 3/2 6:50 PM by Cue Card
I can completely understand people outside of Lexington not liking what Kentucky is doing. I'm sure there were more than a few people pretty mad when UCLA was rolling over everyone in the 60s and 70s or when Duke was doing the same thing in the early 00s. From his article, I gather two main points: 1) Kentucky isn't fun to watch because they're too good, and 2) Kentucky is killing college basketball by being honest.
I really don't see how being honest can kill college basketball. I agree with the part of his argument about Kentucky opening up the discussion on college basketball rules. I'm personally in favor of a baseball-like rule. But hey, make the players stay two years, I'd love to have Booker and Lyles and Towns around next year.
My biggest problem with this article is that he's basically saying "please go back to lying to me so I can live my life in a fog of mistaken belief." He admits that college basketball is a business, he just doesn't want anyone to play like it is. College basketball is a huge cash cow, and Louisville profits more than anyone, yet Kentucky is the bad guy because they don't lie about it being a business.

Atwood,you are giving a pretty good argument,except for the comparison with UCLA.You guys have not dominated like that.

Originally posted by earsky:
Atwood,you are giving a pretty good argument,except for the comparison with UCLA.You guys have not dominated like that.
Oh no, I'm sorry that came out like that. I am in no way implying that kind of domination. I'm just saying that success breeds contempt. Kentucky's run this year has brought one-and-done even more into the spotlight, if that's possible. If the OADs were spread more evenly, this wouldn't be nearly as big a deal.

Atwood,you are giving a pretty good argument,except for the comparison with UCLA.You guys have not dominated like that.Not sure what this has to do with the topic, but you mean UCLA and Duke didn't have an NIT trip mixed in there somewhere?

laugh.r191677.gif

UK has not and will not dominate college basketball the way UCLA did back in the 60's. That's not going to happen. The rest of the NCAA members won't allow it to happen. Changes will be made to the current format which UK is exploiting, and if Calipari isn't real careful, he will end up getting the UK program slammed with dibilitating sanctions on the level of SMU football.

Originally posted by zipp:
Atwood,you are giving a pretty good argument,except for the comparison with UCLA.You guys have not dominated like that.Not sure what this has to do with the topic, but you mean UCLA and Duke didn't have an NIT trip mixed in there somewhere?

laugh.r191677.gif

Thank you Zipp, for taking a a good discussion about the future of college basketball and turning it into mud slinging. That being said, in the 1965-1966 season, UCLA finished 18-8 and didn't get to play in the NCAA tournament at all. They won titles the year before and the year after. Also, Duke, in the 1994-1995 season, just a year after playing in the National Championship and three years removed from back to back titles finished the season with a 13-18 record and missed both the NCAAs and the NIT. So yeah, to answer your question, those teams had hiccups worse than a trip to the NIT, even though they were completely dominant programs.

UK has not and will not dominate college basketball the way UCLA did back in the 60's. That's not going to happen. The rest of the NCAA members won't allow it to happen. Changes will be made to the current format which UK is exploiting, and if Calipari isn't real careful, he will end up getting the UK program slammed with dibilitating sanctions on the level of SMU football.
Of course they won't let that happen, everyone needs a trophy. Please don't take my entire argument and dismiss it because I compare the feelings of the rest of the college basketball world to that of what I expect were the feelings when UCLA was dominating. I am in no way implying that this UK program is as successful as UCLA in the 60s and 70s.

What's being exploited is your coach. Think about this. Pitino has offered several OAD players in the past. He even got a commit from Trey Lyles. Lyles saw the light as did Blakeny and chose another path. You guys are here pleading and begging to find a solution for your post position and praying that Thon Maker selects your school when in reality there's no way a 5-star recruit would select UL. Players do not truly develop at UL in ways that will enable them to make it to the next level. Even Coach K (or Coach Jesus) has an OAD leading his Duke team. Coach's are not shying away from these players, they are simply getting out recruited. Your absolutely delusional as a fan to think UL can recruit with the traditional blue blood powers of UK, Duke, and Kansas. 5 star talents can look at the track record of talent that was under-developed by RP. Funny, RP used to land classes similar to UK's today while he was at UK, yet now even while he still recruits and whiffs on 5 star you hail him as the UL way. Unreal. If RP could land the classes Cal does he would. Come on, keep spinning.

What's being exploited is your coach. Think about this. Pitino has offered several OAD players in the past. He even got a commit from Trey Lyles. Lyles saw the light as did Blakeny and chose another path. You guys are here pleading and begging to find a solution for your post position and praying that Thon Maker selects your school when in reality there's no way a 5-star recruit would select UL. Players do not truly develop at UL in ways that will enable them to make it to the next level. Even Coach K (or Coach Jesus) has an OAD leading his Duke team. Coach's are not shying away from these players, they are simply getting out recruited. Your absolutely delusional as a fan to think UL can recruit with the traditional blue blood powers of UK, Duke, and Kansas. 5 star talents can look at the track record of talent that was under-developed by RP. Funny, RP used to land classes similar to UK's today while he was at UK, yet now even while he still recruits and whiffs on 5 star you hail him as the UL way. Unreal. If RP could land the classes Cal does he would. Come on, keep spinning.
Cash Cal is the best...what do you all do on senior night? Cal will do what he did at UMASS and Memphis...only time

ALL those kids going to UK weren't going there before Calipari and his network of flesh peddlers. Sure 1 here and there would just like 1 here and there do now for programs like UofL. I enjoy the fact you ignore the 5 star talents that have went to UofL and played for Pitino. That's perfect. Also, you are a damn fool if you think Calipari is recruiting above board and getting all those kids on the up and up without paying for them. He is buying those players and eventually it'll come crashing down and when it does, it won't be Calipari that suffers the consequences. He'll just leave before the fire storm like he has twice before. It will be the UK program, and the UK fans which will suffer. Fans like you, and frankly, you deserve it.

You're a fool to think players are being bought. UK is under the microscope of everyone at the front office at the NCAA. Every reporter in the sports world love to break the story of that kind of wrongdoing at a tradition such as UK. No college in the country is more scrutined today. Keep on spinning and hating. Fact is, your coach is cooked in terms of recruiting. And it bothers your fan base.

You're a fool to think players are being bought. UK is under the microscope of everyone at the front office at the NCAA. Every reporter in the sports world love to break the story of that kind of wrongdoing at a tradition such as UK. No college in the country is more scrutined today. Keep on spinning and hating. Fact is, your coach is cooked in terms of recruiting. And it bothers your fan base.
And our coach can win more games in the last 3+ season's than your circus leader.

Speaking of LPT, I hear they play in the weakest basketball conference ever. But shh, we wouldn't want to expose the LPT and $EC myth all in one thread.

Originally posted by ULCard17:
Speaking of LPT, I hear they play in the weakest basketball conference ever. But shh, we wouldn't want to expose the LPT and $EC myth all in one thread.
Sure, the SEC is weaker this year than it has been in the past, but does it matter? Kentucky has played and beaten more Top 50 teams than anyone else in the nation, including Duke and Virginia playing in the colossus that is the mighty ACC. Would Kentucky have lost a few games if they played in a "real" basketball conference? Maybe, we'll never know. All any team can do is keep playing the games on its schedule and keep trying to win.

Sheesh, never knew that LPT fans were so jealous of our schedule. No wonder Louisville is one of the top markets for ESPN...

UL draws 0.7% of the ESPN market.

UK gets 35.7% of the ESPN Sportscenter airtime.

Any questions?

This post was edited on 3/2 11:41 PM by KeepingItReal74

4 minutes to respond. Hum. Why exactly are you, well I guess I will emoticon it.
lurk.r191677.gif

Originally posted by ULCard17:
4 minutes to respond. Hum. Why exactly are you, well I guess I will emoticon it.
lurk.r191677.gif
Let me show you what you just did there ULCard17.

Step 1) Make inane statement without basis in fact or reality.

Step 2) Be corrected on the falsity of that statement.

Step 3) Realize you're wrong, resort to name calling and personal insults.

Step 4) Repeat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT