ADVERTISEMENT

LPT Basketball Ready to Hoist a Banner!...

Originally posted by lonedingo93:
It's one thing to devote time and effort to troll a fan base. It's another to do it with merit.

I agree with the early poster on why would you continue to look foolish. Get responses doesn't equal success.

On court success equals success. Relying on message board views and posts is basically just giving up on a favorite team and focusing more on another.

Not a good look for a fan base. Other ACC fans don't do this.

laugh.r191677.gif
Not sure who you are, but thanks for the ACC advice. And for posting until you were recognized.

The hit count was an issue raised by the LPT poster who questioned the relevancy of a thread with over two thousand views in a day-and-a-half. I'd argue that by definition, that makes it relevant. Irrelevant subjects get passed over.

Assuming you are who you are, come back soon.

"Elite program", my a$$...

And show us exactly who those people are, Elwood. Name them and cite their posts.

So now we're all racists. What an idiot. In fact, it takes a bigger bigot and fool to call people racists for no reason at all. You sir, are a turd.

Btw, 30-0. Does our winning somehow oppress you?

Oh I'm sorry Zipp. I counted Rob twice, but J_Rye seems to take issue with your post. So 2/6 = 1/3 = 33% for Briggs. Did you get that Briggs? Need me to go over it again?

Originally posted by zipp:
It's one thing to devote time and effort to troll a fan base. It's another to do it with merit.

I agree with the early poster on why would you continue to look foolish. Get responses doesn't equal success.

On court success equals success. Relying on message board views and posts is basically just giving up on a favorite team and focusing more on another.

laugh.r191677.gif
Not sure who you are, but thanks for the ACC advice. And for posting until you were recognized.

The hit count was an issue raised by the LPT poster who questioned the relevancy of a thread with over two thousand views in a day-and-a-half. I'd argue that by definition, that makes it relevant. Irrelevant subjects get passed over.

Assuming you are who you are, come back soon.

Can UL fans add to that view count? It is a UL board.

It doesn't matter who calls this obsession out. The fact there is an obsession is the issue. UK fans crave attention, why give it to them? I understand you're their rivals, but from an outsider this is not a good look.

"I understand UK is undefeated, I'm going to give them even more attention with weak spins". You guys acted like you were going to be a heavy hitter in the ACC.

Zipp plays these jokers like a fiddle. He sits in his perch in Indiana and just owns these moron UK fans. And they never realize it.

If it was easy you would realize that CAROLINA holds a big edge over KY. You've refuted nothing because you have no response to facts. Here's a fact. KY is the most corrupt college program in basketball history. Like most UK fans you aren't burdened by a job. Just another loser who needs UK basketball to have an actual existence. Get out more and be better to your mom. This little team in Louisville has won more games than Cal in the last four years and hasn't been to the NIT either. Cal with 10 different Burger Boys has lost 23 games just in the past two years.

Now Atwood has gone to bold type with his new math. Still hasn't named that one and done Rick had. The intent when you start college is to graduate. Rick has had over 70 ex players and coaches go into basketball. 28 of them have had head coaching jobs. 10 are active NCAA coaches now. Billy has shown that he could graduate 90% of his players and win back to back titles. That something UK hasn't done since 1948 and 1949. Four of the players on those teams were banned for life from the NBA for cheating.

None of the backwash that has floated in and out of Lexington will ever coach even at the high school level. Just more UK fans in a double wides for the future. With 72% of ex NBA players being broke within five years, we can expect many of them to end up with the three ex UK players who have gone to prison in the last two years alone. Maybe they can manage to team up with Rex, Richie and Porter and their latest rapist and have some kind of a team.

You always know you've won an argument when the opposition goes to color or bold type. I checked again and 3 out of 7 still isn't over 50%. Besides there there are over 100 posts, and outside of two posters we all agree. What UK is doing has nothing to do with the NCAA's scholar athlete goal.

Cal has announced that his hired temps have signed contracts for a third of a billion dollars. How is it that our grads and supporters raise 40 million dollars with our program and UK has yet to reach even 30. Probably is has something to do with having a job or watching great kids who have a respect for UL and themselves enough to actually get an education.

Briggsky we haven lost a game this yr did lose 23 last yr?
and you might want to check the last 4 yrs....
This post was edited on 3/4 1:29 AM by KB55

Originally posted by Atwood8665:
Oh I'm sorry Zipp. I counted Rob twice, but J_Rye seems to take issue with your post. So 2/6 = 1/3 = 33% for Briggs. Did you get that Briggs? Need me to go over it again?Well, since your numbers are now dwindling, let's analyze precisely what Rye is telling us...
Originally posted by J-Rye_UL:
...I think you [zipp] are one of the better posters on the board when it doesn't involve UK. The thing is, threads like these just invite over the worst kinds of UK fans. The level headed UK fans ignore what is said on our board. Only the approval seeking goobers come over to comment on troll bait like this, with the exception of very few. Those same fans tend to take a dump on every other UofL thread while they're over here. I'd rather us avoid the troll invites if you know what I mean. Much respect ZippAnd Rye can come back in here and speak for himself if he cares to.

So, who does he really have the issue with? Me? Or the "worst kind of UK fans"? The "approval seeking goobers" who will respond to "troll bait"? (I think that's also called a "troll".) And the "same fans [who] tend to take a dump on every other UofL thread while they're over here"?

As usual, Rye's done such a good job--in this case, of characterizing LPT guys like yourself--that he ALMOST has me persuaded to his side of the argument. The only problem I see in his analysis is the inherent assumption that you wouldn't be here if I didn't dangle "troll bait". And for some reason, I think he's wrong about that.

If Rye is one of my detractors, keep bringing me that kinda evidence. I wanna be reminded what that guy's saying about you.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/4 1:58 AM by zipp

Originally posted by Ipartiedwithhopgood:
Originally posted by zipp:

laugh.r191677.gif
Not sure who you are,
Take a guess Zipp.
Yeah, sometimes I like to play dumb.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

"Elite program", my a$$....

By the way, I heard a recording tonite for the first time of Pitino Lite after the Arkansas game...

"Somebody just told me we won our league..."

I'm not sure that 'zipp' could have made SEC basketball sound any less significant.

And as an observant guy once said "you can't make this stuff up".

Originally posted by KeepingItRealre so witty.

Back on topic. Why yes, UK expects to hang a banner every year.
The Boosters want a return on the "investment"! UK needs to put an asterisk on the banners while Cal's there.

Zipp, you truly do need help. UL is a good sports school, yes, but dude, you have left reality. Your statements are bizarre and you'll distort and ramble in any way to try and make a case for UL over UK. At first, I tried to dismiss what many said about you. But now I kinda feel sorry for you. Whatever happens down the road for the programs, I hope it doesn't bring you to any breaking points. Help is always just a dial away. Godspeed Zipp.

Originally posted by KeepingItReal74:
Zipp, you truly do need help. UL is a good sports school, yes, but dude, you have left reality. Your statements are bizarre and you'll distort and ramble in any way to try and make a case for UL over UK. At first, I tried to dismiss what many said about you. But now I kinda feel sorry for you. Whatever happens down the road for the programs, I hope it doesn't bring you to any breaking points. Help is always just a dial away. Godspeed Zipp.
UK is good in basketball, but all other sports UL has way past UK in what they have achieved...world series, women title game, BCS bowls...facilities

Originally posted by Briggsky:
Now Atwood has gone to bold type with his new math. Still hasn't named that one and done Rick had. The intent when you start college is to graduate. Rick has had over 70 ex players and coaches go into basketball. 28 of them have had head coaching jobs. 10 are active NCAA coaches now. Billy has shown that he could graduate 90% of his players and win back to back titles. That something UK hasn't done since 1948 and 1949. Four of the players on those teams were banned for life from the NBA for cheating.

None of the backwash that has floated in and out of Lexington will ever coach even at the high school level. Just more UK fans in a double wides for the future. With 72% of ex NBA players being broke within five years, we can expect many of them to end up with the three ex UK players who have gone to prison in the last two years alone. Maybe they can manage to team up with Rex, Richie and Porter and their latest rapist and have some kind of a team.

You always know you've won an argument when the opposition goes to color or bold type. I checked again and 3 out of 7 still isn't over 50%. Besides there there are over 100 posts, and outside of two posters we all agree. What UK is doing has nothing to do with the NCAA's scholar athlete goal.

Cal has announced that his hired temps have signed contracts for a third of a billion dollars. How is it that our grads and supporters raise 40 million dollars with our program and UK has yet to reach even 30. Probably is has something to do with having a job or watching great kids who have a respect for UL and themselves enough to actually get an education.
I see that you continue to struggle with your reading there Briggs, but that's ok. We can keep working through this together. I never made the claim that 3 out of 7 was 50%, I said 3 out of 6 was 50%, which is true.

If you actually take the time to read my posts, which I know you do, you'll see that I never claimed Pitino had OADs. Pitino has done an amazing job with 4 year players, and is clearly one of the best coaches in history. But, since you brought it up, it's not like Pitino hasn't tried to recruit OADs. Thon Maker, Tyler Ennis, and Andre Drummond come to mind. Let me be clear in saying that I'm not bashing Pitino's recruiting strategy, just saying that it's not like he refuses to recruit OADs.

You're also missing out on the purpose of college. People typically think that the point of college is to graduate, because most people that go to college graduate. In reality, college is to prepare you for your chosen career. Many of those careers require a 4 year degree, many do not. If you could be one of the best in you career field after only a single year of college, and staying another three would simply limit the time you had in that career, why would you stay? The whole argument that staying in college and allowing the college to make money off of free labor is a farce.

I would attribute that 40 million to the Yum Center, as your team's value went up by 40% after that place opened. The school got a great deal on a great stadium, and should be proud of it. But don't go saying that it's because Louisville fans donated that much because a few guys stayed for four years.

Originally posted by Steelers2012:
Wow...on it's 3rd page. Pretty freaking unbelievable. SMH.
laugh.r191677.gif
Not really. Zipp is the puppeteer master. It's pure entertainment how he spins the few brain cells they have left floating around in circles too. Makes me laugh out loud each and every time. They take it to a whole new level of dense.

I won't debate all other sports because I wouldn't consider my understanding a strong suit of anything outside of basketball and football at UK and UL. Those are the two sports that matter to and the majority of people I know. I would not care a bit if UL wins at all other sports outside of hoops and football. In recent years, UL has owned UK in football. See there, one can be rational when discussing UK and UL. Though in hoops, UK has owned UL, that's just the way it is.

Wow, are those LPT fans seriously still coming back for more? Guess so. Lol.
roll.r191677.gif
On my sixth round of popcorn over here by the way.

We own this board. Just like we own your team on the floor. It's all good. Kinda like every away game when the games are ending and our fans take over and you hear GO BIG BLUE reverberate throughout the arena.

Saying UL got a great deal with the Yum simply shows a lack of knowledge about their deal. UL pays more rent to play 19 or 20 games than every NBA team but one pays to play 40. Regardless it was ours fans and grads who out up the additional money to allow Tom to now have 527 scholar athletes in our program. Basketball only accounts for 13 of these scholarships which should make you aware of the fact that college experience is truly about education for most of these scholar athletes.

I hear that college grads are still being allowed to play in the NBA. Just a thought.

Even now well into this season UL still has more wins, more top 50 wins than any other Power five team. If that isn't recent, I don't know what is. In terms of the NCAA, UK and UL stand at 2-2 on neutral floors. Up until lsst year UL had an edge in the tourney battles with KY for 60 years. Keep pumping up those pre-season games and we'll celebrate our consecutive streak of NCAA trips and academic awards.

That's all great information. Knowing the rent and number of scholarship athletes truly brings out the excitement in the rivalry.

Re: LPT Basketball Ready to Hoist a Banner!...
Briggsky posted on 3/4/2015...
Saying UL got a great deal with the Yum simply shows a lack of knowledge about their deal. UL pays more rent to play 19 or 20 games than every NBA team but one pays to play 40. Regardless it was ours fans and grads who out up the additional money to allow Tom to now have 527 scholar athletes in our program. Basketball only accounts for 13 of these scholarships which should make you aware of the fact that college experience is truly about education for most of these scholar athletes.

I hear that college grads are still being allowed to play in the NBA. Just a thought.

do you know how many ul grads are currently in the nba?

We own this board. Just like we own your team on the floor. It's all good. Kinda like every away game when the games are ending and our fans take over and you hear GO BIG BLUE reverberate throughout the arena.
What does that even mean? I am sure that Jack Coffee would be surprised to hear that you are helping him pay the bills.

And you own the team on the floor? Really? And you say Card fans are delusional? How mature is that? What reality do you live in?

UK has won 7 of the last 8 games in a highly contested manner no doubt.....these things run in trends of time......the one thing about time is that it doesn't stand still....it keeps moving forward.....there is no guarantee that that trend will continue on.

One thing for sure.....Uof L will never back down from playing a game with the cats....they will show up and play hard....and the chips fall where they may.....right now uk has the bragging rights. Just remember.....humility is a virtue, one that is hard to display when things are going your way......the truly humble person must still try hard to 'own' that trait. Just keeping it real.

Zipp, you truly do need help. UL is a good sports school, yes, but dude, you have left reality. Your statements are bizarre and you'll distort and ramble in any way to try and make a case for UL over UK. At first, I tried to dismiss what many said about you. But now I kinda feel sorry for you. Whatever happens down the road for the programs, I hope it doesn't bring you to any breaking points. Help is always just a dial away. Godspeed Zipp.Said the guy giving up the debate. It got really tough once his coach started working against him.

roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by John Calipari:
Somebody just told me we won our league...It warrants repeating it in this thread.

We probably have as many grads in the NBA as Cal has. I doubt that the grad rate in the NBA for UK players is near 30%. Since the average career rate in the NBA is three years, it appears a lot of UK players will be on the welfare rolls soon. That's what you get when you bring in players who can't hack it in the classroom. Any fool will tell you that NBA players with degrees do far better in life after basketball.

As usual UK continues to find every shortcut to win without actually earning it.

Gotta see what kind if stupid response I will get for this question. So, are you saying Pitino would not take any of One and Done players that have come through UK?

Gotta see what kind if stupid response I will get for this question. So, are you saying Pitino would not take any of One and Done players that have come through UK?Not speaking for Briggs, but sure he would. U of L recruited several of the LPT guys as I understand. But at U of L, there's no such thing as a OAD player because Pitino doesn't run a OAD system. A really good player will someday come in, play for a year, and make the jump. But not because that was the plan for the recruit coming in the door.

At LPT, it's just the opposite. That IS the plan. In fact, your coach says that is the PRIORITY. It's not to win a championship, go to school, or distinguish LPT in some way. It's to get to the NBA asap. And he's able to sustain that within current NBA/NCAA rules because that's how he has branded LPT. It's what LPT represents.

In the theme of this thread, nowhere in there did you just read "playing the best competition" or "winning an SEC championship". Evidently, someone had to tell him he had just accomplished the latter.

Keep telling 'em, Cue. They're really slow, but in 10 or 20 years they might figger it out.

...You're also missing out on the purpose of college. People typically think that the point of college is to graduate, because most people that go to college graduate. In reality, college is to prepare you for your chosen career. Many of those careers require a 4 year degree, many do not. If you could be one of the best in you career field after only a single year of college, and staying another three would simply limit the time you had in that career, why would you stay? The whole argument that staying in college and allowing the college to make money off of free labor is a farce... No one's missing anything. The purpose of college is education, period. To distort that objective as results-driven reduces college to the equivalent of mechanic school for an auto tech or beauty school for someone who does hair, nails, and facials. We don't need Pitino Lite's dogma in this space.

That said, I have no problem with a guy leaving early to play pro ball in any sport. There's too much money involved. However, when that becomes the primary PURPOSE of your basketball program, you have distorted your mission as a college or university. Fine if it happens, but not because you exist to make it happen.
...I would attribute that 40 million to the Yum Center, as your team's value went up by 40% after that place opened. The school got a great deal on a great stadium, and should be proud of it. But don't go saying that it's because Louisville fans donated that much because a few guys stayed for four years. As others have said, there was no "great deal" to be had with Bailout Arena. U of L REVENUES have increased sharply since playing there mostly because its EXPENSES have done the same thing. In my opinion, if U of L was a for-profit entity following the same accounting rules, it would have shown a minor increase in profit moving to that arena.

No one could afford to increase U of L's "profits" significantly because the place hemorrhages too much red ink. The only thing good about that is it has prevented LPT from improving that old barn it plays in. The politicos in this State can't bring themselves to repeating the same mistake.

Wow, this $hit is really getting OT.

"Elite program" my a$$...

What does that even mean? I am sure that Jack Coffee would be surprised to hear that you are helping him pay the bills.

And you own the team on the floor? Really? And you say Card fans are delusional? How mature is that? What reality do you live in?

UK has won 7 of the last 8 games in a highly contested manner no doubt.....these things run in trends of time......the one thing about time is that it doesn't stand still....it keeps moving forward.....there is no guarantee that that trend will continue on.

One thing for sure.....Uof L will never back down from playing a game with the cats....they will show up and play hard....and the chips fall where they may.....right now uk has the bragging rights. Just remember.....humility is a virtue, one that is hard to display when things are going your way......the truly humble person must still try hard to 'own' that trait. Just keeping it real.

I appreciate the Dr. Phil narrative. And over time, UK has and shall remain the premiere hoops program in the country.

BTW, is the Jack Coffee you are referring to the one that was top executive at UPS?

Originally posted by KRJ1975:
Zipp plays these jokers like a fiddle. He sits in his perch in Indiana and just owns these moron UK fans. And they never realize it.
I can just see him now.....

oola-jab.jpg

I appreciate the Dr. Phil narrative. And over time, UK has and shall remain the premiere hoops program in the country.

BTW, is the Jack Coffee you are referring to the one that was top executive at UPS?
Your welcome.

Your second sentence is a matter of perspective, criteria and debatable. UCLA still has the most championships....until uk or someone else passes them up.....then you are just runner up in that category. BBN hates that little factoid.

Facts have a way of stinging though don't they...but you do understand that, don't you? UK also holds the dubious distinction of being punished as the most cheating program in NCAA College BB history,( Adolph Rupp and his exploits,Sports ILLUSTRATED Kentucky shame article, etc, 50's gambling scandal, the BB death penalty, etc, etc) and all that is certainly something to brag about and own as part of the "big blue history". You can't have one without the other.

Last sentence answer is 'Yes' but that is common knowledge on this site.

Uh-oh. The no-lifers are gonna start googling "Jack" too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT