ADVERTISEMENT

LPT Basketball Ready to Hoist a Banner!...

Originally posted by KeepingItReal74:
I set my rivals.com on idiot alert. You typed. My phone buzzed.Said one of the 3 or 4 LPT trolls who show up like clockwork in any thread on a U of L message board with "LPT" in the header. And none of which ever respond on topic.

"Elite program", my a$$...
This post was edited on 3/3 1:16 AM by zipp

Originally posted by Atwood8665:
Sure, the SEC is weaker this year than it has been in the past, but does it matter? Kentucky has played and beaten more Top 50 teams than anyone else in the nation, including Duke and Virginia playing in the colossus that is the mighty ACC. Would Kentucky have lost a few games if they played in a "real" basketball conference? Maybe, we'll never know. All any team can do is keep playing the games on its schedule and keep trying to win.
Sounds a lot like excuse making to me. I'm trying to remember again the SEC football analogy... It's always easier to get up to play a few good teams on your schedule than it is to play a meat-grinder schedule week in and week out, as any ACC or former Big East team could tell you.

And the SEC is not weaker this year than it has been in the past. It's more representative this year of how it's been over most of its existence. Every couple of decades, a team like Florida or Arkansas rises up and has a run of a few good years in basketball. But it's almost by accident. When you don't give a damn about basketball, it has to be accidental.

Originally posted by zipp:
I set my rivals.com on idiot alert. You typed. My phone buzzed.Said one of the 3 or 4 LPT trolls who can be counted on to show up in any thread on a U of L message board with "LPT" in the header. And none of which ever respond on topic.

Hahaha, seeing you call someone out for not staying on topic has been the best joke I've heard in a while, and I will retire from the message board in a happy mood.

I will leave you with this one thing though. The reason no one stays on your topics is because they don't add any value to the reasonable discussion of college basketball. The fact that you continue to use the term LPT is proof that you aren't here to have a rational debate, but rather to bash other programs.

Hahaha, seeing you call someone out for not staying on topic has been the best joke I've heard in a while, and I will retire from the message board in a happy mood.

I will leave you with this one thing though. The reason no one stays on your topics is because they don't add any value to the reasonable discussion of college basketball. The fact that you continue to use the term LPT is proof that you aren't here to have a rational debate, but rather to bash other programs.
And here's one of them again not five minutes later. Uninvited, unwanted, and uninformed.

Over a THOUSAND page views in under 12 hours. Now, what was that "add value" thingy about? To whom??

For the record, I'm a lover. The ONLY program I "bash" is LPT's--not so much based on any dislike of the school, but in a wildly successful effort to get at the fanbase. And successful to the point that I can go to the Rivals LPT board on ANY day and find numerous zipp-said-this and zipp-said-that rants. Just like the LPT schtick which an ocean of slapd!cks will never get over.

Thanks for never letting me down. Now, back to the topic...

"Elite program", my a$$.

And here's one of them again not five minutes later. Uninvited, unwanted, and uninformed.

Over a THOUSAND page views in under 12 hours. Now, what was that "add value" thingy about? To whom??

For the record, I'm a lover. The ONLY program I "bash" is LPT's--not so much based on any dislike of the school, but in a wildly successful effort to get at the fanbase. And successful to the point that I can go to the Rivals LPT board on ANY day and find numerous zipp-said-this and zipp-said-that rants. Just like the LPT schtick which an ocean of slapd!cks will never get over.

"Elite program", my a$$.
Oh Zipp, I couldn't help myself. I had to check one more time before bed, and you have outdone yourself with your response. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for that.

Am I uninvited? Sure, and I get your argument for Kentucky fans to not be on "your" message boards, but it gets a little repetitive for me over on the Kentucky board when every other post is "yeah, we're pretty good this year." There is no one for me to debate on the Kentucky board, there is lively, intelligent debate to be had over here, as long as you aren't involved.

Am I unwanted? Probably. I won't apologize for defending the school I love and I won't apologize for participating in a free discussion on a free discussion board.

Am I uninformed? No, not by a long shot. In the last several days, I've had several of your colleagues comment that I made good points. Uninformed people do not make good points. Earlier on this same message board, I provided evidence that one of the snarky, unrelated and off topic comments you made was completely and utterly false. If you think I am uninformed, you sir, are confused.

As far as the "over a thousand views" thing goes, most of the posts made by Louisville fans in response to your OP were decidedly against you, with several asking you what purpose you thought the post would serve and telling you to stop talking about Kentucky. It seems like most people looked because they were frustrated you were talking about another school.

Of course you get under the skin of Kentucky fans. You say things that are ridiculous, hateful, and usually completely unrelated to the topic at hand. Any fan of any team would take offense and act accordingly. You love to bash Kentucky because of the internet fame it brings, just like there are many Kentucky fans who love to bash Louisville because there are a ton of Kentucky fans who agree with them. I have the utmost respect for the Louisville program, they are one of the top 5 programs in history in my mind. There is absolutely no reason that we can't have intelligent, logical discussions about college sports, but you refuse, because it makes you happy to trash Kentucky.

Originally posted by burgundy778:
What is LPT?
It stands for "Louisville's Plaything." An accurate description of Kentucky football as of late, but completely irrelevant in relation to Kentucky basketball. Many Louisville posters use it as a derogatory name for Kentucky.

"Elite program", my a$$.
LMAO! They will N-E-V-E-R understand you zipp. They just can't wrap their warped little minds around the FACT you control them like a puppet is controlled by its puppeteer.

It's actually very comical. Thanks for the entertainment!!

Zipp

I want to thank you for what you bring to the internet. I mean that in all sincerity. IMHO you provide the best entertainment on the whole internet.

I find it easier to laugh at the things you post than just about anything else. I really do appreciate it and please never change.

Originally posted by ULCard17:
4 minutes to respond. Hum. Why exactly are you, well I guess I will emoticon it.
lurk.r191677.gif
Let me show you what you just did there ULCard17.

Step 1) Make inane statement without basis in fact or reality.

Step 2) Be corrected on the falsity of that statement.

Step 3) Realize you're wrong, resort to name calling and personal insults.

Step 4) Repeat.1. The statement was fact based.
2. This is a man's board, if you cant handle the heat then you are more than welcome to leave.
3. Saying that someone is lurking is not name calling in civilized cities.
4. Was I talking to you? Didn't think so.

Shall we play again, or have you had enough?

I set my rivals.com on idiot alert. You typed. My phone buzzed.
Oh I see. So in other words, your phone buzzes every time you post something.

...Why yes, UK expects to hang a banner every year.When your standard is going undefeated in the SEC, you should have a lot more (banners). Why don't you? I mean, it's a huge roof and ceiling..I've seen it.

If threads I start or participate in of this nature frustrate you, I think you have the option to put me on "ignore". I'm not sure because I never use that feature which I see as analogous to putting your hands over your eyes. If that's your only recourse, maybe you should consider it.

Thanks again for your comments, but I don't know what I can do that I'm also willing to do to help you out.

I use the ignore feature often to avoid getting caught in an argument with an idiot. There are some posters so ignorant that I'd rather not read the incoherent thoughts they put through a keyboard. I'd never put you on ignore. I think you're one of the better posters on the board when it doesn't involve UK. The thing is, threads like these just invite over the worst kinds of UK fans. The level headed UK fans ignore what is said on our board. Only the approval seeking goobers come over to comment on troll bait like this, with the exception of very few. Those same fans tend to take a dump on every other UofL thread while they're over here. I'd rather us avoid the troll invites if you know what I mean. Much respect Zipp

4 minutes to respond. Hum. Why exactly are you, well I guess I will emoticon it.
lurk.r191677.gif
Let me show you what you just did there ULCard17.

Step 1) Make inane statement without basis in fact or reality.

Step 2) Be corrected on the falsity of that statement.

Step 3) Realize you're wrong, resort to name calling and personal insults.

Step 4) Repeat.1. The statement was fact based.
2. This is a man's board, if you cant handle the heat then you are more than welcome to leave.
3. Saying that someone is lurking is not name calling in civilized cities.
4. Was I talking to you? Didn't think so.

Shall we play again, or have you had enough?
1) Your statement was that UK was jealous of your schedule and that Louisville was a top ESPN market. The first part was an opinion, and the second part was wasn't factually accurate. No fact, no reality.

2) I'll try to wade through your misogynistic, testosterone fueled argument here. I believe I can handle the heat, and your statement is distinctly uncivilized coming from someone who is from a "civilized" city. I didn't know the Louisville message boards didn't allow women to comment, but I'll make sure to pass that along to any women I know who like to post here. And you call Kentucky fans backwards.

3) When I said name calling, I meant deflection by attacking the speaker and not the argument. You attacked him personally by calling him a "lurker." Instead of coming back with any evidence to support your argument, you attempted to discredit him personally instead of his argument. Its basically the least effective strategy to use in an argument, because it indicates to everyone who hears you that you have no support for your stance and are grasping at straws to try not to seem like an utter failure.

4) I don't think the intended recipient of your comment matters when you plaster it on a public message board for all to see. Had the two of you been in a private conversation, that would be different.

Please do continue the discussion, I'm enjoying it.

Good grief. They are staying on topic. Now don't they know that takes all the fun out of talking with a rival fan?
wink.r191677.gif

UK has had three players go to prison in just three years. One of them for rape of a 15 year old. By the way he is the third rapist in UK history. We have a running list of arrests out there and they show UK with a two to one edge. UK also has an Ex player who was arrested with a body in his trunk. They have had twice the major infractions (37) in just their last probation than UL has had in it's entire history. UK also leads by a five to one ratio in terms of players sent to prison. UK also has the proud history of having five different players banned for life from the NBA. Four of UK's so called titles were with those very same players. Then there is that 17% grad rate that Cal is sporting. UK will hang on to it's third title in a row as having the worst grad rate among NCAA Tourney participants.

The KY way. The real University in Kentucky resides in Louisville.

...In the last several days, I've had several of your colleagues comment that I made good points. Uninformed people do not make good points...
I'm proud of how cordial and articulate the vast majority of my fellow posters are here. It doesn't surprise me one bit seeing that a couple of them make even an uninvited idiot feel good. It's just U of L fans being U of L fans. And emerging from that ocean of slapd!cks, it's easy to understand how you might actually prefer being here were it not for me and U of L guys like me. It's a shame I may have a part in spoiling that experience for ya. A damn shame.
...As far as the "over a thousand views" thing goes, most of the posts made by Louisville fans in response to your OP were decidedly against you, with several asking you what purpose you thought the post would serve and telling you to stop talking about Kentucky. It seems like most people looked because they were frustrated you were talking about another school... Not that I follow this stuff--you brought the whole issue up--but the count is now up to 1.5K in 24 hours. Who knows how many of them are LPT lurkers? A website calls those "hits" or "page views", and more is generally better.

And ONE U of L guy--one of those 1,500 hits--took issue with the subject. And once I politely explained myself, you don't see him questioning me anymore, do you? Hell, you can't please everyone, and you're not very interesting if you try. I'm the first to admit that there are U of L posters with whom I get sideways. Welcome to the real world and real back-and-forth. Nothing contrived here, at least with me.
Of course you get under the skin of Kentucky fans. You say things that are ridiculous, hateful, and usually completely unrelated to the topic at hand. Any fan of any team would take offense and act accordingly. You love to bash Kentucky because of the internet fame it brings, just like there are many Kentucky fans who love to bash Louisville because there are a ton of Kentucky fans who agree with them. I have the utmost respect for the Louisville program, they are one of the top 5 programs in history in my mind. There is absolutely no reason that we can't have intelligent, logical discussions about college sports, but you refuse, because it makes you happy to trash Kentucky. It goes deeper than that, Elwood. Your analysis is superficial. "Unrelated to the topic at hand" is completely offbase when many of these LPT threads I start myself--I create the topic--and I'm always counseling to get back on topic (as I'll have to do again).

"Internet fame", whatever the hell that is, has no value. Truth be told, no one knows me but LPT fans. Find out by asking anyone BUT an LPT fan. And what would "fame" among LPT fans be worth? Here's that answer for free--not a damn thing. Outside your fanbase, LPT fans have no money, no credibility, no real meaning or significance to anyone who matters. You're the LAST people with whom I care about "fame" even if I cared about it at all.

But you're right about one thing, or close to being right. If you add the word "fans" to the end of your last sentence, you've got me pegged. Trashing LPT fans is pure entertainment because of the whining and wailing it produces. You guys can't just ignore me which would be the easiest and most effective response. No, you have to give 'zipp' publicity, you have to argue with him, you have to try to insult him or discredit him. And it's all for naught because all you do is give me attention and give threads like this relevancy. It's pure stupidity and predictable as hell on your part, but you can't help yourself. You even have me telling you how to defeat me. It doesn't matter.

I guess, such is the plight of the poor LPT fan. Heaven knows you guys are consistent.

The old argument about Rick wanting the one and dones holds no water. Rick has never had a one and done, even at KY. He's only had one two and done. He's backed away before because of issues. UK still took players like Bledsoe and Wall even after Duke, North Carolina and half the ACC said no thanks. Nobody but Memphis would take Cuz and he didn't even live up to that promise. As I posted before, UK has a long history of taking in individuals who have no business in an institution of learning.

Count titles with banned players, count titles when the NIT was king, but don't expect anyone outside of Ky to respect you. It will interesting to see how many grads come out of this bunch. You have no CWS trips while we have three in seven years, you have no BCS wins, you don't even have three national runners up like we have had in the last several years. You've got an NBA six month program that is simply cheating the system. Hang on to your recruiting titles and your upstanding coach and his 17% grad rate because that's all you have.

Pitino just said in a recent TV interview that Trey Lyles was his biggest recruiting miss. He is in fact a likely one and done. Lyles was offered and committed to the birds. Yeah, Pitino ran him off the moment he saw he was an NBA talent.

Trashing UK fans? Dude, the heart of the UL fan base is in Shively. Just how does that work? The number of hits to this thread is directly correlated to th number of UK fans opposed to UL's. Yeah, UL is that huge market. Keep going. A fact may eventually pop out.

UK will have gone over five years since they last beat us in a football game. UL also has three major Bowl wins and KY has none. We have three College World Series trips in seven years while KY has none in it's history. We also have had three National Runners Up in the last five years in other major sports. Rick has a grade rate of over 75% while Cal can't reach 20%.

We have all of these things while KY has none of them. HENCE - UL's Play Thing.

UL has raised at least 10 million more dollars for it's basketball program each of the last three years than Kentucky fans have. Keep talking about your large fan base, but it is far overrated. They simply have a lot of fans who have learned how to spread the vile opinions of KY fans. From arrest records to various program's success, KY fans have no idea at all about college sports especially KY's own history.

Not that I follow this stuff--you brought the whole issue up--but the count is now up to 1.5K in 24 hours. Who knows how many of them are LPT lurkers? A website calls those "hits" or "page views", and more is generally better.

And ONE U of L guy--one of those 1,500 hits--took issue with the subject. And once I politely explained myself, you don't see him questioning me anymore, do you? Hell, you can't please everyone, and you're not very interesting if you try. I'm the first to admit that there are U of L posters with whom I get sideways. Welcome to the real world and real back-and-forth. Nothing contrived here, at least with me.
It appears you have some difficulty counting there Zipp. Of the first 7 total people to respond to your comment, 6 were Louisville fans and 3 of them posted comments that questioned your motivation and didn't want to talk about Kentucky again. That's 50%. A pretty strong percentage.

Also, the fact that you continue to bring up the hit counts on your posts proves that you are in this for the attention you get. You're like the sad court jester that thinks he is making fun of people, when they are simply just humoring him and pitying him.

But, back to the topic at hand, right? Sure, one guy calls in and says "IF there ever were a time to rush the court, Saturday would be it." I don't agree with that guy, Kentucky has won too many big games over the years to do that. Act like you've been there before, right? That guy has his opinion and he's entitled to it.

And yes, Kentucky expects to be in the hunt for a National championship every year. Of course we don't win it every year, but hey, that doesn't change the expectation of greatness.

Originally posted by J-Rye_UL:
I use the ignore feature often to avoid getting caught in an argument with an idiot. There are some posters so ignorant that I'd rather not read the incoherent thoughts they put through a keyboard. I'd never put you on ignore. I think you're one of the better posters on the board when it doesn't involve UK. The thing is, threads like these just invite over the worst kinds of UK fans. The level headed UK fans ignore what is said on our board. Only the approval seeking goobers come over to comment on troll bait like this, with the exception of very few. Those same fans tend to take a dump on every other UofL thread while they're over here. I'd rather us avoid the troll invites if you know what I mean. Much respect ZippSame to you, Rye, and it's usually hard to disagree with anything you say.

We have to recognize that on a message board devoted to a broad subject--"basketball"--you're gonna see topics that don't interest you. Occasionally, someone here starts a thread about, for example, the NBA or pro basketball. And as I've often said, I have zero interest in pro sports. Unless news is really slow, there are many threads that I don't click on the first time. Posters do a pretty good job of at least hinting at the topic in the "subject" line. I try to do that too.

Some LPT posters who come here do a respectable job. I don't jump on every one, just the ones talking nonsense or what looks like nonsense to me. But even those guys I don't put on "ignore". Reading stuff I don't like is part of the experience for me.

Not that I follow this stuff--you brought the whole issue up--but the count is now up to 1.5K in 24 hours. Who knows how many of them are LPT lurkers? A website calls those "hits" or "page views", and more is generally better.

It appears you have some difficulty counting there Zipp. Of the first 7 total people to respond to your comment, 6 were Louisville fans and 3 of them posted comments that questioned your motivation and didn't want to talk about Kentucky again. That's 50%. A pretty strong percentage.

Also, the fact that you continue to bring up the hit counts on your posts proves that you are in this for the attention you get. You're like the sad court jester that thinks he is making fun of people, when they are simply just humoring him and pitying him.

But, back to the topic at hand, right? Sure, one guy calls in and says "IF there ever were a time to rush the court, Saturday would be it." I don't agree with that guy, Kentucky has won too many big games over the years to do that. Act like you've been there before, right? That guy has his opinion and he's entitled to it.

And yes, Kentucky expects to be in the hunt for a National championship every year. Of course we don't win it every year, but hey, that doesn't change the expectation of greatness.
If I may join in. I certainly don't need to nor want to speak for zipp, but if you guys can't figure it out by now, then you're never going to. zipp plays you guys like a cheap fiddle for his (and most of us) amusement. You guys are just TOO easy. LOL!

With that said, your last line of thought is pretty pathetic. Everyone expects to be in the hunt for a national championship. The difference is when it doesn't happen for most all of the other NCAA programs each year, their fans just go about their lives and say, oh well, maybe next year. UK fans (in general) will go stand outside in the cold, burn their couches, kick their dogs, and basically have to be put on medication to absorb the fact their LIFELINE team just failed to win the National Championship. Considering UK has failed to win the National Championship for close to 100 years with only 8 successful endings to a season, that's a whole lot of standing out in the cold, a lot of burnt couches, abused dogs, and a shit load of prozac.

Just my take.
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/3 4:59 PM by Cue Card

Damn, do I have to spell his name for you, Elwood? It's R--O--B. You show me the posts of other U of L fans in this thread who were taking issue with me. I wanna know how that excuse-for-a-mind works for you.

The post count thingy was at your instigation--alleging that people here didn't wanna read this stuff. Evidently, nearly two thousand have now thought this thread was worth clicking on. And one guy, Rob, bothered to ask the question "why". I can live with those percentages.

But thanks for getting back to the topic... You know that it's more than a rogue caller. The mouthpiece for many LPT fans who has enough support--at least advertisers must think so--to have his own daily radio show as well as enough credibility--at least the LPT radio network must think so--to co-host the LPT basketball broadcasts, THAT guy thinks it's almost time to hang a banner. That's not just "Elwood from Somerset".

Can storming the court be far off?

My cats shouldnt raise a banner for it but there should be a mural in rupp or something celebrating it if we do go 31-0 in the regular season.

Zipp, you like using math so tell us how many national champions there have been since say 1950? Now how many times has a team gone undefeated in the regular season in division 1 mens basketball? One is more rare than the other.

So 3 out of seven is over 50%. Boy these KKKAT fans love to come over here to shine. We've got ourselves a Rhodes Scholar here. Actually that's better than average math for a UK fan. It's not hard to believe that the average UK fan has less than a high school degree. As I said they've got nothing. It must be sad to spend your life in single wide and have your entire being depend on a bunch of players who don't belong in college and plan to go for the money. Actually going for the money is why they are in Lexganistan in the first place. Thank god respect still means something in the world.

Not in the SEC. It always UK and one other team and has been for 60 years. The league is AAC lite.

Originally posted by Briggsky:
Not in the SEC. It always UK and one other team and has been for 60 years. The league is AAC lite.
Actually UVA with a 28-1 record, higher SOS than UK and playing in a real league is more impessive than UK current record.

Ok. So where would you put your money on who to win? UK or Virginia? Any rational sports fan knows UK is the better team. So which team do you think is better? Gotta hear this.

...UK beat both UNC and UL and yo momma from the highly touted ACC like step children. So whatever works.Those schools and others like Kansas have to worry about their conference schedules. They don't have the luxury of lying in wait for one OOC team. They play in real conferences.

This is easy. And true.

It's kind of sad to hide behind conference smack. I don't know of any ACC team that does that.

It's one thing to devote time and effort to troll a fan base. It's another to do it with merit.

I agree with the early poster on why would you continue to look foolish. Get responses doesn't equal success.

On court success equals success. Relying on message board views and posts is basically just giving up on a favorite team and focusing more on another.

Not a good look for a fan base. Other ACC fans don't do this.

This post was edited on 3/3 11:26 PM by lonedingo93

Originally posted by Briggsky:
So 3 out of seven is over 50%. Boy these KKKAT fans love to come over here to shine. We've got ourselves a Rhodes Scholar here. Actually that's better than average math for a UK fan. It's not hard to believe that the average UK fan has less than a high school degree. As I said they've got nothing. It must be sad to spend your life in single wide and have your entire being depend on a bunch of players who don't belong in college and plan to go for the money. Actually going for the money is why they are in Lexganistan in the first place. Thank god respect still means something in the world.
I see that you struggle with reading comprehension, so let me clarify and simplify my statement for you. I said, of the 7 posts, 6 were Louisville fans, and of those 6, 3 said they didn't like the post. When we do some simple math, it shows us that 3/6 = 1/2=50%. You'll notice that I never said "over" 50%. I said 50%, which is completely and totally the correct math.

I won't insult your fan base because you can't judge an entire group of people from one person's actions, or, at least you shouldn't. Learn to read, learn to comprehend, then come back and try again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT