ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs MTSU

It looked like we were going to run away with it in the first half up by 18. I stopped watching. Disappointing to say the least.
We’ve had an issue all year with putting teams away. And it got us today

FT Attempts
Middle Tennessee: 33
Louisville: 10

UGH!
When your midgets persist in driving to the basket against a 6' 6" player they should expect a block and not a foul. Walz has been preaching all season to jump stop and shoot the ball instead of driving and maybe charging..

Last edited:
Reactions: CardsFirst
When your midgets persist in driving to the basket against a 6' 6" player they should expect a block and not a foul. Walz has been preaching all season to jump stop and shoot the ball instead of driving and maybe charging..
Some on the team (Not Harris, Russell, or Cochran) don’t listen. I know I mention Cochran needs to move on, but she has lots of heart and grits. She’s a leader so I revoke my earlier statement and she will be a plus. I don’t think Cochran was the issue.

Some on the team (Not Harris, Russell, or Cochran) don’t listen. I know I mention Cochran needs to move on, but she has lots of heart and grits. She’s a leader so I revoke my earlier statement and she will be a plus. I don’t think Cochran was the issue.
Cochran wasn't the issue but Walz had to rely on her in the post because her backups, most notably Mobley, just didn't pan out.

Cochran doesn't jump and when she does, it's not very high. If she could slide to the PF position beside a true post player, she should come back. If she has to be the player in the middle again, I'd rather see her move on.

Harris is very similar to Cochran. Both have slow feet but I do believe Harris has more moves inside than Cochran. If Walz brings in a top level center, I believe either Cochran or Harris will move on.

But until we see who Walz is going after in the portal, we just don't know for sure. Walz has to improve the 3pt shooting game and needs to get a talented 6'5+ center. A post player that can score and block shots.

Olivia had a double double in the loss, and her 17 points led the Cards; not sure how anyone can look at this UL WBB team and see Olivia as the problem. Cochran is not perfect, but she has been a huge contributor. Go back and examine the shooting percentage of the rest of the roster and it goes a long way toward explaining the disappointment this season. This was a strange season, as the transfers digressed rather than improve as the season progressed.

Olivia had a double double in the loss, and her 17 points led the Cards; not sure how anyone can look at this UL WBB team and see Olivia as the problem. Cochran is not perfect, but she has been a huge contributor. Go back and examine the shooting percentage of the rest of the roster and it goes a long way toward explaining the disappointment this season. This was a strange season, as the transfers digressed rather than improve as the season progressed.
Which is why I retracted my previous statement

Elif with a full season in the program, the RS center and the FR from Australia. Those should be our post players. Olivia and Nyla should be the 3/4s. Nyla just needs to play with confidence and she should be a dbl-dbl player for us.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Not directed so much towards you Card First: folks on this site have been critical of Olivia for several years. There were times that I too I felt like she failed to measure up to expectations. I think this was the season that she just needed others to step up.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT