ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Va Tech

Tech lost at home to Iowa but they are right behind those two.
Iowa lost to KSU, OSU and Nebraska …….. you can’t judge any team by one win or one loss. Iowa shot 22 FTs to VT’s 8; those fans at Tech were as outraged over the officiating in that game as UL was over the officiating at Syracuse.

No, I mean players like Kitley we have players the same height as Amoore. Va Tech doesn’t have 4 guards on the court like us. We do have a 6’6” player on the bench this year redshirting and a 6’4” player coming in next year. If Cochran stays she can move to a strong forward She has a good midrange jumper and that is probably a more natural position for her in the college game.

Reactions: 2330859
No one should blame Olivia; she gives 110%, and has contributed a lot to this program. In preparation for this season she sacrificed by losing some weight. I agree with Koz; if she returns next year, she will provide much needed leadership and would be more effective if she could move to the 4 rather than defending in the middle.

No one should blame Olivia; she gives 110%, and has contributed a lot to this program. In preparation for this season she sacrificed by losing some weight. I agree with Koz; if she returns next year, she will provide much needed leadership and would be more effective if she could move to the 4 rather than defending in the middle.
No doubt she dedicated but has limitations. That’s just a fact. She is not as athletic as we need her to be. I’ll never ding her for effort but that only goes so far.

Kitley and Amoore are both averaging 22+ points per game. So apparently, none of the
teams they have played have guarded them???
Give V Tech a little credit.

This is true. This team just doesn't have the one true star player. In the past, it's been shooters like Evans, Durr and Schimmel or wings like Angel, Hines and more recently Engstler.

This team is mostly full of secondary and roll players. Jefferson is the closest thing to a star. Taylor has been a bit of a disappointment. I was sure she would average 17 or so a game after seeing her in that summer game.

Walz just can't seem to find that post player who can score in multiple ways. He recruits 4 and 5 stars but when they get here, they don't rise to their potential. Just look at Mobley. She rarely plays for such a high rated recruit.

Harris is getting better, but she's undersized and doesn't have a perimeter game.

Walz just can't convince all American post players to come here. It's a bit of a mystery.
I guess you purposely left out HVL for a reason....

Getting those top-flight HS players now cost money. I hate it. But, it is what it is.

I wouldn’t include HVL in any conversation regarding Louisville. All the other players mentioned finished their careers at Louisville and she didn’t.

Amore went 4-21 against Duke in the game before yesterday. Oh well!!

We saw the difference from 1st half to 2nd half how Amoore was effected by the trap defense. She wasn’t nearly as effective in the 2nd half as she was in the 1st. Like I posted before Va Tech is a totally different team they come up against a team that plays physical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT