ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Va Tech

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
Big game today I would really like to win this game but we are going to have to play a lot better than what we did against Boston College. We are going to have to be more focused and cut down on turnover. We will have to play a complete game today.

The first half of our game will be over before South Florida vs Fla Atlantic game. There is so much stoppage with fouls, timeouts and reviews.

Keeping turnovers in check, but rushing shots, too much one-on-one. Be nice to see some hard screens, fast cuts, multiple passes.

You can't win getting out rebounded 19 to 11, and getting one assist to Va.Tech 11. Assist have been very poor all year, but add poot rebounding.... However, turbo you've decreased.

The reason they are getting more rebounds is because they aren’t missing their offensive shots. If we could get some stops we would increase our rebounding. We have to be quicker on defense and try to out hustle them.

Reactions: rh62531
I think it is obvious we won’t win this game I just hope we don’t give up. This is the best team we have played all year they have so many weapons. This also makes that bad call at Syracuse a whole lot worse.

South Carolina is in a class by themselves, but I believe VT is right behind them along with LSU.

Our next game is Thursday at Georgia Tech at Tech. That won’t be an easy game they almost beat UNCST today.

Reactions: Bardman
I think it is obvious we won’t win this game I just hope we don’t give up. This is the best team we have played all year they have so many weapons. This also makes that bad call at Syracuse a whole lot worse.
I'm still pretty steamed about that call. One bad call can totally impact a season. There ought to be some kind of discipline after the NCAA came out and said it was a bad call. You'd think after the NCAA criticized the Finals officiating last year and this there would be some kind of crackdown.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Nobody can fault these girls effort but they are more complimentary players. Just missing a couple of stars.
This is true. This team just doesn't have the one true star player. In the past, it's been shooters like Evans, Durr and Schimmel or wings like Angel, Hines and more recently Engstler.

This team is mostly full of secondary and roll players. Jefferson is the closest thing to a star. Taylor has been a bit of a disappointment. I was sure she would average 17 or so a game after seeing her in that summer game.

Walz just can't seem to find that post player who can score in multiple ways. He recruits 4 and 5 stars but when they get here, they don't rise to their potential. Just look at Mobley. She rarely plays for such a high rated recruit.

Harris is getting better, but she's undersized and doesn't have a perimeter game.

Walz just can't convince all American post players to come here. It's a bit of a mystery.

Nobody can fault these girls effort but they are more complimentary players. Just missing a couple of stars.
Excellent observation. We are short a couple of shooters and an interior enforcer. Passing wasn’t good again today. I think this team is in the 15-25 ranking window. Second weekend team but nothing beyond that (most likely).

This is true. This team just doesn't have the one true star player. In the past, it's been shooters like Evans, Durr and Schimmel or wings like Angel, Hines and more recently Engstler.

This team is mostly full of secondary and roll players. Jefferson is the closest thing to a star. Taylor has been a bit of a disappointment. I was sure she would average 17 or so a game after seeing her in that summer game.

Walz just can't seem to find that post player who can score in multiple ways. He recruits 4 and 5 stars but when they get here, they don't rise to their potential. Just look at Mobley. She rarely plays for such a high rated recruit.

Harris is getting better, but she's undersized and doesn't have a perimeter game.

Walz just can't convince all American post players to come here. It's a bit of a mystery.
Maybe a self-fulfilling prophesy. JW doesn’t have a star center he can point to, so the impression is he can’t develop star centers. Therefore really good bigs don’t come here. It just takes one. Maybe he needs staff shakeup. Hopefully the Cards get it together and go on a run in the ACCT.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I really hope they make a push for bigger players. CJW is so guard oriented that he focuses on those type of players. We need to focus on bigger inside players. I like Cochran and Harris both of them have done well but if we don’t get bigger players we are going to get left behind in the ACC.
Syracuse is an up and coming force in the ACC and they have good height. UNCST is good every year when it comes to conference play . I think that is because Wes Moore knows how to coach against familiar opponents. The problem is they are always a bust in the NCAA tournament.
I hope we make a push for taller players like Jayden McClain at Ryle High School. I hope Cochran stays another year she can be a force inside until the younger players develop. We do have the 6’4” player from Australia coming in next year. Every time I watch a game with Australian players they seem really good.

I really hope they make a push for bigger players. CJW is so guard oriented that he focuses on those type of players. We need to focus on bigger inside players. I like Cochran and Harris both of them have done well but if we don’t get bigger players we are going to get left behind in the ACC.
Syracuse is an up and coming force in the ACC and they have good height. UNCST is good every year when it comes to conference play . I think that is because Wes Moore knows how to coach against familiar opponents. The problem is they are always a bust in the NCAA tournament.
I hope we make a push for taller players like Jayden McClain at Ryle High School. I hope Cochran stays another year she can be a force inside until the younger players develop. We do have the 6’4” player from Australia coming in next year. Every time I watch a game with Australian players they seem really good.
Not just big but athletic. Cochran cannot jump.

Reactions: TheRealVille
This UL roster is a JW miracle; he brought in the best available talent that were willing to come play here. Unfortunately there was not a single one who could score the way some of our ACC competition have on their roster.

If you play for Jeff; you will exhibit effort, and that has been a trade mark for all of his teams. We have been fortunate to have several in the past that were predictable for WNBA ……… I don’t believe we have one on the roster now that measures up to that elite level. We lost today to a team that as two, and for me, that explains where we are.

I love the UL fan support, and these ladies who are giving 100% effort.

Maybe a self-fulfilling prophesy. JW doesn’t have a star center he can point to, so the impression is he can’t develop star centers. Therefore really good bigs don’t come here. It just takes one. Maybe he needs staff shakeup. Hopefully the Cards get it together and go on a run in the ACCT.
I was hoping this team would continue to develop and gel by tournament time. Now I hope they don’t implode. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 10’years and this is the worst team CJW has fielded. That was painful today.

The Ladies did not play that bad today. V Techis just better and they shot 65%.
Probably their best game this year.

Reactions: 2330859
I actually think this years team is better than last years team. I also think CJW did a great job building this team on short notice. I just really think the players are getting taller and you have to keep up with that or get left behind.
I remember the men’s game when Unseld was playing. A 6’7” player was the center and now if you don’t have a 6’11” center at least and big guards you won’t compete with the better teams. The women’s game is changing and we have to change with it. The one thing I can say about Syracuse was their players jumped. I have said in the past that our coaches need to work with the girls on jumping skills. They need to make it a regular part of their practice.

Reactions: Bardman and 2330859
Not just big but athletic. Cochran cannot jump.
I appreciate Cochran's loyalty but I hope she moves on. She's just not capable against taller opponents. She doesn't jump. I think that's why she's been shooting from the perimeter more.

Good luck in whatever she chooses.

Reactions: CardsFirst
The Ladies did not play that bad today. V Techis just better and they shot 65%.
Probably their best game this year.
You don’t think they play bad today? They were a step behind continuously leaving players uncovered on the wings. Leaving players take the baseline without challenging. The D today was a hot mess. They played like they did at BC but played a much better team. And more importantly CJW thought they played horrible D to the point he apologized to the fans.
Sure VT took some tough shots but there was a reason they shot 69% because most weren’t challenged.

You mean like Amore ? 😜

You don’t think they play bad today? They were a step behind continuously leaving players uncovered on the wings. Leaving players take the baseline without challenging. The D today was a hot mess. They played like they did at BC but played a much better team. And more importantly CJW thought they played horrible D to the point he apologized to the fans.
Sure VT took some tough shots but there was a reason they shot 69% because most weren’t challenged.
Jeff's post game comments were right on. Also, in the future we can not have 3 and 4
first year transfer portal players in the starting lineup. Get back to recruiting blue chip
high school talent !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT