ADVERTISEMENT

Do we get gashed on the ground by MSU?

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
Everyone knows it’s been a problem for us and MSU is another run heavy team with an SEC Offensive line and a star RB.

I do like that our guys are fresh and our coaches have had a month to prepare. What worries me more is can we run and protect the QBs against them, especially without Mekhi Becton?

I’ll be a hopeful homer and say we keep them under 200 yards rushing and score just enough.
Cards- 24
MSU- 23

We better score more than 24 if we have any chance of winning. Last team with ball will win. Too much size up front for Browns smaller/faster defensive philosophy. We r gonna give up chunks on the ground and just will need to outscore MSU.

Reactions: Mayoman
Everyone knows it’s been a problem for us and MSU is another run heavy team with an SEC Offensive line and a star RB.

I do like that our guys are fresh and our coaches have had a month to prepare. What worries me more is can we run and protect the QBs against them, especially without Mekhi Becton?

I’ll be a hopeful homer and say we keep them under 200 yards rushing and score just enough.
Cards- 24
MSU- 23

Honestly, the Cards probably get smashed again like in the UK game and lose by 2 or more TD's. It's fine, they weren't supposed to be here. Before the season started, we would have loved to see them in a bowl game against a Sunbelt school.

You ask: Gashed on the ground? YES

Can be stop their passing game when they do pass? IDK

Can we get the early lead and keep pace in scoring with them after that? IDK that either. Guess we will just have to watch the game to find out. Hope they do....but if the score is a close one either way; that would be fun and ok too.

Go Cards!!! Beat the Bull dawgs.

Has nothing to do with a gap. Louisville is horrendous in all aspects. The QB can’t even lob a pass over a oncoming defender. Laziness all over the field.

Look at our defensive players size compared to their linemen . We look like a high school team . This is what alot of you fans need to understand and look at the size difference . Satt has alot of work to do on the lines .

It would take years if your were even correct. My opinion is they are lazy and undisciplined.

I hate these refs. Our team always seems to give up after people get kicked out or have other big things that happen negatively to us. Im sorry if that didn't make any sense, I'm so pissed right now about this crap.. what the heck... seriously

This team beat Kentucky
uk was a different team at the time. I’ve not accounted Miss st beating Kentucky in my evaluation of the game at all because it was a one off. The Kentucky team Louisville faced would beat Miss St to the same extent

uk was a different team at the time. I’ve not accounted Miss st beating Kentucky in my evaluation of the game at all because it was a one off. The Kentucky team Louisville faced would beat Miss St to the same extent
Kentucky was not, they looked good against us because we were depleted. Kentucky played one good game all year, and that was against us. They looked like crap even against Arkansas.

Reactions: Deeva
Defense toughened up in the 2nd quarter. Offense is moving the ball. We just need to play a clean 2nd half with 0 turnovers and minimal penalties.

Reactions: Mayoman

Mississippi State offense is also completely different with Schrader at QB and a healthy Hill at RB. The two combined for 245 yards rushing and 3 TDs against UK. Plus, UK was playing on the road, while we have a neutral site game.

The ref that made the call to eject Etheridge should never be allowed to work another game. Can you say 'over reach' by him? BS call all the way. And then nothing on the big MSU lineman who ran in and pushed the closest UofL player standing by were Dorian E. was laying on the ground trying to get the MSU jerk off his legs. Geez!

Reactions: PHCARD and BPGhost
We’ve got receivers open if we can give Cunningham time. He’s having to take his eyes off downfield to avoid the rush.

The ref that made the call to eject Etheridge should never be allowed to work another game. Can you say 'over reach' by him? BS call all the way. And then nothing on the big MSU lineman who ran in and pushed the closest UofL player standing by were Dorian E. was laying on the ground trying to get the MSU jerk off his legs. Geez!

Yes, I could tolerate the ejection, but Mississippi State has been very dirty, including on that play. The OL should have been ejected as well.

Reactions: kypecos and BPGhost
Per Twitter:

Louisville has more than double the total yards of Mississippi State (324-157). Have run 44 offensive plays to State's 27.

Yet we only have 10 points so far. Defense is doing its job; I hope the offense starts capitalizing on its yardage.

Mississippi State offense is also completely different with Schrader at QB and a healthy Hill at RB. The two combined for 245 yards rushing and 3 TDs against UK. Plus, UK was playing on the road, while we have a neutral site game.
You’re massaging that Kentucky fans ego pushup.

Reactions: PushupMan
Per Twitter:

Louisville has more than double the total yards of Mississippi State (324-157). Have run 44 offensive plays to State's 27.

Yet we only have 10 points so far. Defense is doing its job; I hope the offense starts capitalizing on its yardage.

We’ve kind of seen it with this team all year on offense ... we’re very good when we don’t have negative plays, either through penalties, sacks or tackles for loss on those zone running plays.

Reactions: Steelers2012
Shrader for MSU passed for only 1100 yards on 57% completion rating, 8 tds to 5 interceptions. He wasn’t a game changer, he only had 500 yards rushing also.

Wow very impressive if they can hold on . The Card Nation could use a bowl win considering how the bb team let us down.I'm still deflated .

Reactions: PushupMan
Shrader for MSU passed for only 1100 yards on 57% completion rating, 8 tds to 5 interceptions. He wasn’t a game changer, he only had 500 yards rushing also.

Yes, that’s true ... but he was a very good 2nd option to Hill.

Very interesting comment from the color analyst . First time i heard this one . Brian Brown stated the first practice he had with the defense. It was the worst team he had ever saw the CB didn't understand any coverage because they were told to not touch the receivers. Just shows their was actually no coaching whatsoever to include recruiting in certain positions. Truly amazing what Satt was able to accomplish in one season. To those naysayers go suck a big one.

The truth shall set you free. Still going to be a great win for us if we can finish!

I get ya, but Kentucky beat up a depleted Louisville team. Cunningham had the flu, huge difference when he’s healthy. Our defense still isn’t good, but we could’ve scored way more than we did. Kentucky is a good team, but nowhere near what we made them look like.

Damn...it’s ALL clicking now. Living in the MSU backfield, forcing punts (or TOs), Cunningham finding receivers everywhere, and...even making extra points. This sh!t is fun.
The ball has to bounce your way sometimes! Just wish it would for the BB team in a certain game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT