ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm and Purdue killing it again.

Yes I have been and the games have been fun. People have to make their own choices. Quality of play at home was good.

It would be dumb to pay off a coach (Satterfield) and hire a coach equal to him (Brohm). Believe it or not there are coaches that would come here.
I agree - that would be dumb - except Brohm is better than Satterfield. I have no doubt that we’re Satterfield to leave for whatever reason, UofL would find another HC but, that wasn’t the premise - was it? You said that UofL could get an elite coach so I ask you again - what elite coach would realistically come to UofL?

No one has said Brohm sucks. All people keep telling you is there is not a huge difference between him or Satterfield. The records are identical. You choose to ignore the records and keep saying Purdue was terrible. Yet will not recognize Louisville was a disaster the year he took over.

If Satterfield were to leave Brohm would be a good choice. But firing Satterfield to get Brohm makes no financial sense based off actual game data-results.
I absolutely recognize that UofL was terrible in Petrino’s last year - have never said anything to the contrary. But even with that turd of a season, UofL was still 36-26 in the five years before Satterfield took over. And if UofL was such a disaster - how in the world did Satterfield post his best record in his first season?

Purdue was 9-39 in the five years before Brohm took over. If you can’t recognize the immense difference in those two sets of numbers and what they say about the condition of a program - again I’m not sure what to tell you.

Yeah, looking at this through the lens of our athletic department, I have no issue criticizing a coach who just won his side of the Big Ten football conference.

Seriously, what are some of you guys smoking?…

Reactions: BPGhost
Rondale Moore serves as a perfect example; he was a 5’7” freak athlete from Trinity who was recruited by most everyone including UL and Purdue. He did not graduate from Purdue, as he left early to do what everyone expected him to do …….. play football in the NFL.
Rondale Moore did in fact graduate from Purdue with a business degree. He took 35+ hours his final 12 months on campus to complete it before reporting to training camp.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
I agree - that would be dumb - except Brohm is better than Satterfield. I have no doubt that we’re Satterfield to leave for whatever reason, UofL would find another HC but, that wasn’t the premise - was it? You said that UofL could get an elite coach so I ask you again - what elite coach would realistically come to UofL?

It could happen , however said elite coach would never unpack. He'd be here 1 or 2 years at the most before getting poached.

Brohm rejected Louisville when he was offered.
The infatuation with an old girlfriend who kicked you to the curb is quite delisional.

Well, the OP’s premise aged about as well as most of us thought it would. While good ole Andy Taylor took another trip to the woodshed courtesy of Porky Stupes, Jeff Brohm took perennial bottom feeder purdoo to the B1G west title and a spot against Michigan in the championship game.
How did Porky get to the position of being able to do that? He did it by building the roster over many years, because his administration was patient. We are in a similar situation, but with a more winnable conference. We are improving in the trenches, where games are decided, but we have a ways to go. Stick with the program.

Reactions: 2330859
Yeah, looking at this through the lens of our athletic department, I have no issue criticizing a coach who just won his side of the Big Ten football conference.

Seriously, what are some of you guys smoking?…
He’s 8-5, with some inexplicable losses. CSS is 7-5, with some inexplicable losses. Maybe Purdue was in bad shape when he got there, but he’s been there longer than Scott has been here. It seems to me the argument for Brohm is the argument for Satt. I think if you give him a couple more years you’ll get results like Brohm has with Purdue. Purdue stuck with him even during down years and they got to where they are. No guarantee they start winning titles, but if we stick with Satt we will control improve. The idea the Brohm is a better coach that Satt is simply unsupported by any evidence. Besides, as the you have told us we can’t afford Brohm.

Brohm equals mediocrity...will not get people coming to games
That’s your speculation but it’s not (because it couldn’t be) rooted in anything factual. What is fact is that attendance is worse than when Satterfield took over. I guess we’ll see if that changes next year but if it doesn’t - with all of the hype behind the recruiting class - it almost is certain to never do so with SSS here.

He’s 8-5, with some inexplicable losses. CSS is 7-5, with some inexplicable losses. Maybe Purdue was in bad shape when he got there, but he’s been there longer than Scott has been here. It seems to me the argument for Brohm is the argument for Satt. I think if you give him a couple more years you’ll get results like Brohm has with Purdue. Purdue stuck with him even during down years and they got to where they are. No guarantee they start winning titles, but if we stick with Satt we will control improve. The idea the Brohm is a better coach that Satt is simply unsupported by any evidence. Besides, as the you have told us we can’t afford Brohm.
Your last sentence is correct, and I’ve reminded people enough. Simply ain’t happening here.

My issue is the Brohm butthurt part of our fanbase. The guy’s a good coach at Purdue, and some can’t admit that. He won’t be coaching here anytime soon, but I have no problem admitting any of that…

How did Porky get to the position of being able to do that? He did it by building the roster over many years, because his administration was patient. We are in a similar situation, but with a more winnable conference. We are improving in the trenches, where games are decided, but we have a ways to go. Stick with the program.

Stick with the program ?
The minute UNC calls, Satterfield will be in chapel hill before the question can be finished being asked.

Beamer at Scar beat SuCkS AND Clemson in year 2. Four years and nada for Aw Shucks.

It’s in barnfart’s DNA to not only stand pat but, negotiate against himself. That’s how Porky got a raise to 9M(!) per and sweaty cal got a lifetime contract with a never ending 50M buyout.

He may have been correct in his belief that uk could never get anyone better than Stupes but, that’s not the case here. We’ve had better - and a lot better - than we have now. How many additional years of seeing the same thing - hover around .500 and get dog walked by your two biggest rivals - do you need to see before it’s time to move on?

Wash, rinse - repeat.

So, we are following the UK model? Can’t get much more little brother than that. Heaven forbid we forge our own path.

It looks official. 6 year deal. The bowl game just became way more interesting.

I’ll tell you who loves the rumor the most - the wasabi bowl people - their ratings just got a big jolt.

it’s a done deal.

The Grinch Smiling GIF by The Good Films

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT