ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm and Purdue killing it again.

Perfect example of the superior play calling of Brohm today on Purdue's first possession. After a 10 yard sack making it 2nd and 20, Brohm calls a wide receiver reverse that nets 19 yards.

This kind of misdirection Scott Satterfield just doesn't employ. Who agrees that Louisville would have ran off tackle on 2nd and 20?

I've said it a thousand times. Satterfield may be a very good coach but as a play caller not so much.

Pretty ironic both Brohm and Satterfield are 7 and 4 and play their top rival next week on the road. Both have two wins over ranked teams.

Reactions: putter23
Perfect example of the superior play calling of Brohm today on Purdue's first possession. After a 10 yard sack making it 2nd and 20, Brohm calls a wide receiver reverse that nets 19 yards.

This kind of misdirection Scott Satterfield just doesn't employ. Who agrees that Louisville would have ran off tackle on 2nd and 20?

I've said it a thousand times. Satterfield may be a very good coach but as a play caller not so much.

Or Satterfield has Braden throw a WR pass like he has done so many times.

Until Satterfield leaves, he is UofL's coach, not Brohm.

Can we get over the Brohm love fest? He had his chance to come here if he wanted too. He passed.

Give some credit to the current UL leadership to have some balls. Balls to stick with Satt when all the doubters were losing their minds. Our fan base needs to back the current leadership at the university because if they don’t everything Bevin, Grissom and the UK mafia did to us after the 2013 Year of the Cards will never go away.

Can we get over the Brohm love fest? He had his chance to come here if he wanted too. He passed.

Give some credit to the current UL leadership to have some balls. Balls to stick with Satt when all the doubters were losing their minds. Our fan base needs to back the current leadership at the university because if they don’t everything Bevin, Grissom and the UK mafia did to us after the 2013 Year of the Cards will never go away.
100% agree. Way too many people living in the past and not supporting the current admin. There is nothing anyone can do about the past but we all can do something about the future.

100% agree. Way too many people living in the past and not supporting the current admin. There is nothing anyone can do about the past but we all can do something about the future.
It really doesn't make any sense we're seven and four heading to a pretty good Bowl good chance to be UK great recruiting class coming not sure why we're talking about Brohm. Unless people think Satterfeild leaving for greener pastures because he had such a good season

Why are some of you so concerned about whether other Louisville fans are also fans of Brohm? Why does that threaten you?

I have no problem being excited about the turnaround that Satterfield & Co have demonstrated, hope that it continues this year and beyond AND be happy for a guy who meant a lot to UofL when he’s having success. Why some of you think these things can only be mutually exclusive is juvenile.

Zipp eruption in 3.. 2…1..

If you take any stock in bowl projections, Brett McMurphy has Cards playing Purdue in Pinstripe Bowl. That would be entertaining.

There is a huge myth going around about any disadvantage that Purdue and the rest of the BIG10 have when recruiting athletes.

Most Universities have some program that achieves a reputation as “superior” to others. Purdue‘s Engineering School is well deserving of it’s excellent recognition. At the same time, UL’s Speed engineering school may not be anywhere close to the size of Purdue, but it‘s graduates are equally coveted by those companies who hire them. UL’s research partnership with UNC is currently a well-kept secret, but over time will gain the recognition that goes with success.

The vast majority of athletes who compete in their school’s respective sports programs are generally enrolled in their undergraduate classes and there is very little difference in qualification for recruiting purposes. Rondale Moore serves as a perfect example; he was a 5’7” freak athlete from Trinity who was recruited by most everyone including UL and Purdue. He did not graduate from Purdue, as he left early to do what everyone expected him to do …….. play football in the NFL.

There are no 4 or 5 Star HS recruits that can not get into Purdue or any other school. The problem with both Purdue and UL ……. Is that most of these highly rated recruits that can go to Purdue, are more inclined to attend OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin or Penn State. Conversely, those same recruits considering UL will likely be the same ones that Clemson, Kentucky, Miami, FSU or UT are pursuing.

Pierce Clarkson was offered a scholarship by a ton of schools, a list that included Purdue and UL; so far it appears that Satterfield has won that battle over Brohm ……. Obviously inferior or superior academic qualification had no affect on selection.
Do you even read your own posts? First sentence says there is a huge myth about any disadvantage that Purdue has recruiting wise. Then, 4th paragraph, "the problem is that most highly recruited athletes that can go to Purdue are more inclined to attend OSU, Mich.... I love how you contradict yourself....

Reactions: BPGhost
There is no contradiction there; as my point is that Purdue and UL (that is the comparison being applied here) are equal in terms of obtaining recruits. Yes, Purdue must overcome the attraction to OSU, Michigan and Penn State; but that is no different than UL having to compete against those SEC schools that are equally attractive.

I have you “ignored”; not sure how you slipped through. However, instead of trying to argue my points …… try providing evidence of where Purdue has been unable to recruit a single player where UL was advantaged?

Reactions: gocds
If you take any stock in bowl projections, Brett McMurphy has Cards playing Purdue in Pinstripe Bowl. That would be entertaining.

That would be AWFUL.
Horrible location for winter football against a horrible school for football with the stupid Brohm angle.

Reactions: cardinalrod
There is no contradiction there; as my point is that Purdue and UL (that is the comparison being applied here) are equal in terms of obtaining recruits. Yes, Purdue must overcome the attraction to OSU, Michigan and Penn State; but that is no different than UL having to compete against those SEC schools that are equally attractive.

I have you “ignored”; not sure how you slipped through. However, instead of trying to argue my points …… try providing evidence of where Purdue has been unable to recruit a single player where UL was advantaged?
I would say just the majority of players from South Florida would rather go to Louisville than Purdue, if you consider the intangibles, weather, things to do, etc.

I would say just the majority of players from South Florida would rather go to Louisville than Purdue, if you consider the intangibles, weather, things to do, etc.
I think our selling point now to South Florida recruits is that we’re in a conference with Miami and FSU. So they’ll have an opportunity to play those teams. I’m their four-five years of school.

But the change now is going to be the Big Ten’s new TV deal.

They’ll have the prominent Big Noon kickoff for their A games. They’ll have the CBS 3:30 game for their 2nd best game. And Primetime NBC for their 3rd game. That’s going to make them the story in college football every week in a big way.

So then moving to the SEC. The SEC when it was the main CBS game, ESPN/ABC didn’t get the prominent SEC game and would feature the top ACC games more.

The SEC now contractually will get the best ABC game every week. They’ll have the afternoon games. They’ll have the primetime games. They’ll have their top games on ESPN.

So now the ACC is gonna be bunched in with the Big 12 & PAC 12. Now Clemson, Miami, and FSU will always be OK. But what that does is our brand is going to be pushed down competing with others.

We have to hope that FSU continues to be moving back to the Top 10. We need to hope Mario gets Miami back to a top 10 team. We have to hope UNC stays consistently ranked along with Virginia Tech getting back. The better brands brings the bottom up. And it will help our recruiting.

This new era of NIL is all about brand. Being in a Big Ten/SEC game starting in 2025 is gonna be a lot more valuable and players will be sold on that. The ACC needs to step up now.

UL’s relevance inside the ACC, just like all conference members, is within their own control. FSU has been able to put aside the departure of Jimbo, and are clearly trending up towards their traditional position. The Seminole fans showed up last night, as further evidence of what it means to beat their in-state and SEC rival. They did it with a UL transfer at QB, performing like Lamar.

NCST defeated their in-state rival UNC with a 4th string QB, against arguably a future Heisman Trophy QB.

Louisville football, along with most every other ACC member can compete for the conference Championship and beyond; they just need to win.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Purdue in the BIG10CCG

Purdue.......

UofL is going to the pinstripe bowl.......

The mission is clear. Bring Brohm home.

Well, the OP’s premise aged about as well as most of us thought it would. While good ole Andy Taylor took another trip to the woodshed courtesy of Porky Stupes, Jeff Brohm took perennial bottom feeder purdoo to the B1G west title and a spot against Michigan in the championship game.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
Until CSS starts losing I'd have to say that he is our coach. Coach JB is Purdue's coach and I don't see that changing anytime soon. And that is regardless of what ANY Trinity H.S. Alum thinks about it. Pretty darn simple.

GO CARDS!!!

Looks like Brohm gonna back door his way into Big 10 championship game
I don't know if this was intended to be a dig at Brohm but I'll just say, you win the games on your schedule and everything else works out. Is this any different than all the U of L fans who want an ACC conference realignment because we can't beat Clemson? I don't see Michigan or Ohio St fans clamoring to be moved into the other division. This guarantees they play each other every year... a true rivalry.

This is exactly why conferences are getting away from divisions. It is great for Purdue but not great look for the conference. Look at SEC they have a 3 loss team in championship game.

What it does say the West the teams were all good teams not great. This is going to be the trend.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
This is exactly why conferences are getting away from divisions. It is great for Purdue but not great look for the conference. Look at SEC they have a 3 loss team in championship game.

What it does say the West the teams were all good teams not great. This is going to be the trend.
So if the ACC and Big 10 were simply 1 conference and not split into divisions...

Cardinals would be tied for 7th while Purdue would be (gulp) 4th...

I don't know if this was intended to be a dig at Brohm but I'll just say, you win the games on your schedule and everything else works out. Is this any different than all the U of L fans who want an ACC conference realignment because we can't beat Clemson? I don't see Michigan or Ohio St fans clamoring to be moved into the other division. This guarantees they play each other every year... a true rivalry.

wasn’t a dig at Brohm. I want him in Louisville

Comparing schedules is a fair way to evaluate a year.

Purdue—Games won-the opponent record 39-57.
Louisville Games won-the opponent record 44-38

In losses both had a 10 game spread.

Again very similar.

Brohm said no to Louisville when we needed him. CSS isn’t Knute Rockne but he’s also not Ron Cooper. If we’re still 6-6 or 7-5 next season then we need to possibly think of making a change. Jeff Brohm isn’t an elite coach, he’s probably not even an upgrade.

Brohm said no to Louisville when we needed him. CSS isn’t Knute Rockne but he’s also not Ron Cooper. If we’re still 6-6 or 7-5 next season then we need to possibly think of making a change. Jeff Brohm isn’t an elite coach, he’s probably not even an upgrade.
Ok - Brohm sucks - I get it.

Based upon that, when (not if - because we have enough evidence of what caliber of coach he is) Satterfield goes 6-6 or 7-5 next year, just what “elite” coach do you realistically believe would come to UofL and as importantly, stay long enough to create sustained excellence?

Based upon that, when (not if - because we have enough evidence of what caliber of coach he is) Satterfield goes 6-6 or 7-5 next year, just what “elite” coach do you realistically believe would come to UofL and as importantly, stay long enough to create sustained excellence?
It would be dumb to pay off a coach (Satterfield) and hire a coach equal to him (Brohm). Believe it or not there are coaches that would come here.

No one has said Brohm sucks. All people keep telling you is there is not a huge difference between him or Satterfield. The records are identical. You choose to ignore the records and keep saying Purdue was terrible. Yet will not recognize Louisville was a disaster the year he took over.

If Satterfield were to leave Brohm would be a good choice. But firing Satterfield to get Brohm makes no financial sense based off actual game data-results.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
No one has said Brohm sucks. All people keep telling you is there is not a huge difference between him or Satterfield. The records are identical. You choose to ignore the records and keep saying Purdue was terrible. Yet will not recognize Louisville was a disaster the year he took over.

If Satterfield were to leave Brohm would be a good choice. But firing Satterfield to get Brohm makes no financial sense based off actual game data-results.
Thats where you're are wrong. Have you been to the last few football games at home? Its not just wins and losses, its putting people back in the seats, getting people fired up about the rivalry again... Satt doesn't do either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT