ADVERTISEMENT

I love Jeff, no question about it, but the honeymoon is over.

Look at the percentage of efficiency when Plummer passed; his 21 completions out of 25 attempts for 140 yards and no interceptions is more than respectable.

We lost to USC as a result of our inability to defend period. The fumble and the blocked punt definitely contributed to the loss, but even with those two untimely turnovers, our offense played well enough to secure the win, but not when our defense failed to stop USC’s passing game.

People need to really chill the f*k out with these wild swings of emotion with Jeff.

Jeff just went 10-4 AND WENT TO THE ACC TITLE GAME in year one after having very little time to really target and prepare for the portal and recruiting.

Yes there were hiccups. Alabama lost 2 games and needed a 1 in a million luck play to beat a mediocre Auburn team. A school like UofL is going to need all the pieces to fall into place perfectly to achieve those 1 or 2 loss seasons and its crazy to put that level of expectation on Brohm in year 1.

People are evaluating Brohm the same way they've evaluated every other coach we've ever had and its reasonable to do so because its all we've known. But we're in rarified air now. Brohm isn't going anywhere. He's OUR guy. This isn't Kenny Payne. Jeff gets it. Jeff is good at what he does. He isn't perfect and he's not at a place like Alabama where you can just throw talent at whatever problem pops up. I'm sure there were roster additions that the staff made that they wish they hadn't because they weren't given enough time to properly scout and evaluate. I'm sure there were some issues of "bad eggs" making things a little difficult because of this. This isn't any inside info, this is just an assumption. But Brohm's our guy. Let's give him some well earned leeway here since he's been an absolute grand slam in every aspect of running the football program since stepping back into UofL.

Brohm's our guy. He's here to stay. He can build for the LONG haul. This is something we've NEVER had as UofL fans - ever. Sit back and enjoy it. Complaining about 1 first year coach going 10-4 regardless of how the season ended is crazy. Complaining about anything Brohm does after having to endure 4 years of Satterfield's bland, soul sucking personality and play style is crazy.

Enjoy Jeff Brohm.

I mean who are we going to bring in lol

Our last 4 hires before Brohm

Steve Kragthorpe was run out of town

Charlie was a success, although how much of it was Teddy is up for debate as we saw Charlie fail at Texas and USF. And he did well in a weak Big East and AAC, who knows how he does in the ACC?

Bobby 1.0 started high and ended bad but ended terrible and wrecked the program

Satterfield wasn’t terrible, but most wanted him gone

People acting like we have such high standards that a 10-4 season where we finished ranked and go to a P5 conference title isn’t worth celebrating. It didn’t end well, fine, but who you bringing in that’s better that would come here? I’ll wait.

Bobby 2.0 was our best option and TJ made the right hire at the time, ended bad but honestly look at the other options at that point. Krag and Satt weren’t top notch hires but that was the best we had. Charlie was passed over many times.

Jeff has had previous success. He had great success this year. And he’ll be staying here no matter what. Why complain?

Just like Scott in 2019 overachieved, he became a victim of his own early success and raised expectations.

Jeff starting 10-1 and our rankings made people forget we weren’t a super talented team and Jeff’s coaching elevated this team to a much higher level. But many saw it like we legit were a team that could contend with top teams and that the fall off was unacceptable. No, the only reason we had those visions was Jeff’s coaching was so good to get us there.

You would think by now fans would realize at some point dudes matter. This idea coaches can work miracles with average dudes is non sense. To win 10 games with this rosters was a success and a terrific job by everyone.

Until this roster has several 5-10 legit NFL and another 20-30 borderline guys there is a ceiling and it doesn’t matter who is coaching it. That is what the elite teams have as well as the same or better coaching.

Very unlikely Louisville obtains this much talent so celebrate 10 wins season they won’t be the norm.

People need to really chill the f*k out with these wild swings of emotion with Jeff.

Jeff just went 10-4 AND WENT TO THE ACC TITLE GAME in year one after having very little time to really target and prepare for the portal and recruiting.

Yes there were hiccups. Alabama lost 2 games and needed a 1 in a million luck play to beat a mediocre Auburn team. A school like UofL is going to need all the pieces to fall into place perfectly to achieve those 1 or 2 loss seasons and its crazy to put that level of expectation on Brohm in year 1.

People are evaluating Brohm the same way they've evaluated every other coach we've ever had and its reasonable to do so because its all we've known. But we're in rarified air now. Brohm isn't going anywhere. He's OUR guy. This isn't Kenny Payne. Jeff gets it. Jeff is good at what he does. He isn't perfect and he's not at a place like Alabama where you can just throw talent at whatever problem pops up. I'm sure there were roster additions that the staff made that they wish they hadn't because they weren't given enough time to properly scout and evaluate. I'm sure there were some issues of "bad eggs" making things a little difficult because of this. This isn't any inside info, this is just an assumption. But Brohm's our guy. Let's give him some well earned leeway here since he's been an absolute grand slam in every aspect of running the football program since stepping back into UofL.

Brohm's our guy. He's here to stay. He can build for the LONG haul. This is something we've NEVER had as UofL fans - ever. Sit back and enjoy it. Complaining about 1 first year coach going 10-4 regardless of how the season ended is crazy. Complaining about anything Brohm does after having to endure 4 years of Satterfield's bland, soul sucking personality and play style is crazy.

Enjoy Jeff Brohm.
Look I don't think you really need to put anything in all caps. We know what Jeff did and how much he has accomplished but that doesn't mean he or the team can just get a free pass on everything. That's what this message board is for is to have debates and questions asked and answered. You answered that in your own response, there was hiccups. Now if someone was clamoring him to be fired or replaced which has been the typical rhetoric lately and now dominantly so on the basketball thread, then I would say you're out of line. Its only typical that fans want to see improvement game by game, We had a snafu at the end of this season that fans want to know the reasons for and more importantly how does Jeff prevent that from happening again. Like I said Jeff's our guy and I would say a large majority are behind him. Is he perfect, no but no coach is. Look I can guarantee you that Jeff was not happy with how the season ended. He would be the first one to say so but that will make him work that much harder. In time both him and the fans will realize what U of L accomplished this past year but as we all know, how long does it last? The pundits will be out again by next season.

Reactions: EKYCard643
btw satts and cincy are currently ranked 5 spots higher than us in recruiting. we need "coaching them up" now more than ever

The ”recruit rankings” does not include the portal, which by the way is still an ongoing process.

Let’s see how this UC versus UL comparison works out over time. I like Satt, but UL clearly improved its position in college football once Scott left and Jeff arrived.

if anyone needed more evidence of the significant influence the Transfer Portal has over recruiting HS Seniors, just look at Clemson and its quick decline in competitiveness by refusing to use the portal. UL, and so many other schools had little chance of ever catching up with the “blue bloods” like Clemson, FSU, Alabama, USC, OSU, Michigan, etc when it comes to recruiting High School seniors.

Reactions: Mayoman
btw satts and cincy are currently ranked 5 spots higher than us in recruiting. we need "coaching them up" now more than ever
It is a good point of discussion. You have to take it all in not just bits that support your opinion. I really wonder how many High School recruits stay3-4 years in the portal world? The retention rate and success rate is probably pretty low. Then on the flip side the portal guys may have similar retention rate but higher success rate.

It is a philosophy more than anything. Is Brohm going to be 50-50 annually or lean more toward transfers. To me you have to be very selective with High School guys. I would focus high school for lineman they tend to take longer to develop and seem to be more realistic in how fast they should see the field.

Pre Covid classes rarely had a tremendous hit rate at places like Louisville. We obviously stacked some classes but it wasn’t the norm.

For some reason to me when I hear high school guys I associate the word "local" with it. Not always the case but you have to rely on the guys who played high school nearby and have dreams of being able to play there one day in case you strike out with 4 and 5 star guys in recruiting or in the portal. Of course it doesn't hurt to have local 4 and 5 star guys. You hope you don't lose those guys. As we all know we have to have some of this talent (if its there) to build a strong community fanbase but if the team is winning on a high level, the whole team becomes "adopted" by the community.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT