ADVERTISEMENT

Met G. G. Robinson

a couple weeks ago while out and about.

He is one of the most polite, respectful, and pleasant young men we have ever met.

Told him we would see him in Orlando, he thanked us for going, and that is the extent of the FB conversation. I'm not small, but I am when standing next to him! :p

He made some fans that day.

There is so much bad being reported about athletes today, I just wanted to mention this young man's courtesy to total strangers.

USA U 18 Women 83-47 over Colombia to advance to finals

I only caught bits and pieces of the game. I'll refer you to the head chimp in the household -- Paulie --for his write up at www.cardinalcouple.com

Walz gets the Canadians tonight. USA beat them by 30 in a scrimmage before the FIBA Americas got underway. Both are 5-0 but I'd be a bit surprised if USA doesn't win by at least 20.

I've been surprised before, though.

Another sign that football is close ... Hard Knocks on HBO returns tonight.

Season 13 of HBO's Hard Knocks airs tonight at 10 eastern. Following the Cleveland Browns. I suspect we will get a heavy dose of Baker Mayfield. But former Card James Burgess JR made the team last year as an undrafted free agent, and will be battling again to keep his spot on the roster.

It's not much longer now boys and girls.
Reactions: Matt_Willinger

Junior Bridgeman Has Eyes Set On Owning Sports Illustrated

Junior Bridgeman has never appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated, but his name might soon appear on its masthead.

The former University of Louisville basketball star, who has become one of the sports world’s richest retirees, has emerged as a serious bidder for a storied magazine struggling with secular change.

“It’s an iconic brand,” Bridgeman said Sunday morning. “The next part of our analysis is there are other things, other areas that we can go. ... (But) In this world, you can’t be overly optimistic.”

Still standing are Bridgeman and, according to a source with the magazine, a group that includes Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert and motivational speaker Tony Robbins. There may be others. Though he expects to know more by the middle of the month, Bridgeman was not sure where he stood as of Sunday.

In 2016, Forbes estimated that Bridgeman was the fourth highest-paid retired athlete, behind Michael Jordan, David Beckham and the late Arnold Palmer, with an annual income of $32 million. His net worth has been pegged at $600 million by TheRichest.com.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT