ADVERTISEMENT

Something positive about Louisville football

wilkie01

Four-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Planet Red
I had to find something nice to say about the Football Team. So here goes, I really like the helmets worn at the FSU game.

I thought the Cards looked much improved overall (which is an expectation of mine - look better with this young team by season's end). The offense looked 1.0-ish in the first half. WR's were open, gotta see those. The defense played great for 3 quarters, would have been for 4 had the offense stayed on the field more in Q4. At the end, if the Cards run run run (or kick a FG if necessary), they win this one and we're all talking about the improvements instead of FARRR'N Bobby.

That inexplicable play call has us all going

vmptfl.gif.gif

If we lose to Georgia Tech and Wake, we will probably finish 2-10. I am not a pessimist nor am I a Homer! I am a realist and look at the facts and results.

I'd say GT can't wait to get in here because FSU HAD to take a lot out of us.

You don't lose a game you dominated for 3 quarters, and just bounce back.

Reactions: wilkie01
I hope I am wrong. But after the FSU loss and 4 or 5 days to prepare for the triple option. I see another loss.

I hope I am wrong. But after the FSU loss and 4 or 5 days to prepare for the triple option. I see another loss.

We were at the FSU game (wife is FSU poster child, I'm a GT guy) and I'm not convinced a UL loss will happen. I'm sure GT will be able to move the ball on the ground, but doesn't spell doom at all. If you take a look at GTs schedule thus far you'll note they've been torched through the air. If Pass can minimize completions to the GT secondary I think UL can put enough points up to win this.....like 28-24. I feel though that UL will need to make GT put the ball on the ground at least 2x and/or force TM to throw an INT or two.

We were at the FSU game (wife is FSU poster child, I'm a GT guy) and I'm not convinced a UL loss will happen. I'm sure GT will be able to move the ball on the ground, but doesn't spell doom at all. If you take a look at GTs schedule thus far you'll note they've been torched through the air. If Pass can minimize completions to the GT secondary I think UL can put enough points up to win this.....like 28-24. I feel though that UL will need to make GT put the ball on the ground at least 2x and/or force TM to throw an INT or two.

So.....all we need is 4 turnovers and we win? Sweet!!

If we lose to Georgia Tech and Wake, we will probably finish 2-10. I am not a pessimist nor am I a Homer! I am a realist and look at the facts and results.
Realists know they can’t predict the future. You are a pessimist.

Realists know they can’t predict the future. You are a pessimist.
Did you play football? Did you ever play against a triple option offense? If we barely stopped Indiana State's run game. What do you think a triple option offense is going to do to our D?

Last edited:
Well rat spit.

Let's just forfeit, save all the time in traffic, and call it a day.

It's over, done. End of story.

Reactions: Mayoman
I'd say GT can't wait to get in here because FSU HAD to take a lot out of us.

You don't lose a game you dominated for 3 quarters, and just bounce back.
It's actually a defining moment in the season tonight. The gut wrenching loss to FSU will have one of two outcomes for this team. They'll either fold up like a really cheap tent pole, or they'll get mad and come out unhinged and play like it's their last game ever.

I guess we'll find out tonight.

I resent the idea that using logical data makes you pessimist.

Louisville currently sits at 75th in total defense.

Louisville currently sits in the bottom 25 teams for penalties and penalty yards.

Louisville currently sits 113th in defensive 3rd down conversion %

Louisville currently sits 83rd in rush defense.

Louisville currently sits 126th (out of 129) in turnover margin and 114 in turnovers lost.

Georgia Tech is 23rd in the country in time of possession.

Louisville is 86th in time of possession.

Georgia Tech is 50th in total defense and 41st in total offense.

Louisville is 120th in total offense.

What some people call pessimism, I would say others call statistical analysis. Can Louisville win this game? Absolutely, but based on every metric of data you can pull up on the game Georgia Tech is better than Louisville in every one of them. Can they win? Yes. Will they win? I doubt it.

something positive... i for one believe the defense is much improved as if the offense put mroe points up they'd be an even better D. actually i've been impressed this year with the D

It's actually a defining moment in the season tonight. The gut wrenching loss to FSU will have one of two outcomes for this team. They'll either fold up like a really cheap tent pole, or they'll get mad and come out unhinged and play like it's their last game ever.

I guess we'll find out tonight.

I agree. And you cannot play emotionally. You have to play with purpose, discipline and the heart of a warrior, who refuses to lose!

Louisville currently sits in the bottom 25 teams for penalties and penalty yards.

Louisville currently sits 126th (out of 129) in turnover margin and 114 in turnovers lost.

What some people call pessimism, I would say others call statistical analysis. Can Louisville win this game? Absolutely, but based on every metric of data you can pull up on the game Georgia Tech is better than Louisville in every one of them. Can they win? Yes. Will they win? I doubt it.

Well said, we think alike. You and I are not rah rah homers, but we are realized to the truth of the facts.

Did you play football? Did you ever play against a triple option offense? If we barely stopped Indiana State's run game. What do you think a triple option offense is going to do to our D?
I did and I did. I also played against the single wing. GT is not Alabama. I’m not saying you are wrong, but I am saying that you are a pessimist. “Realist” is a term used by pessimists who don’t want to think of themselves as pessimists.

Rankings mean little, especially this early. I don’t know why you pessimists think GT is such a world beater.

Rankings mean little, especially this early. I don’t know why you pessimists think GT is such a world beater.

Rankings and stats are all we have. There's a reason that Louisville is a home underdog....data. If all the data and statistical analysis in the world didn't point to a Ga Tech victory then Vegas wouldn't have them as 4 point favorites.

I don't think Ga Tech is very good at all. But I've seen nothing from Louisville that tells me this won't be a penalty filled, turnover riddled game by Louisville where Ga Tech wears down ULs already porous defense by controlling the clock.

If only there were a bunch of statistical data that could have predicted that GA Tech was literally better than Louisville in every measurable way?

Thats a shame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT