ADVERTISEMENT

Some facts

Shadow....as I've said earlier, there are up and down years in the SEC. UK's been there forever, I'm fine with that. No 'jealousy' here for uofl's conference or even their non-conference schedule.

Cardio.... Nope....never been banned from Rupp's Rafters. I'm guessing you probably have, though.

Posting here and making an argument for every anti- UK theory here is not an obsession. More of a hobby, actually. An attempt to guide the misguided.
11181814_699287006846270_8425486250642835633_n.jpg

Not trying to be a comedian, you're all the joke I need ...LMAO
11181814_699287006846270_8425486250642835633_n.jpg
JC for 3 doing his every hour, all day, everyday "hobby" at his keyboard on the University of Louisville Rivals Site.......ROTFLMAO
Just can't help himself a total blue hole tool.

....pssst...Hey Cardio....let you in a little secret....I no longer see a thing you post. You're wasting your time responding to me.

Reactions: blubo
Again Zipp, you're using another convenient stat to steer away from the point raised earlier as to whether or not the SEC has had some solid years...
LOL! Not steering anything. You just don't like other stats that discredit one of your flimsy arguments. WTH does "some solid years" mean anyway??

...They have, and proof of that I provided without even going to Google. 11 National Titles, 5 bids last year. As expected, you take that in another direction...
"Bids" prove nothing except that some conferences are found to be overrated after the fact. Except for LPT, your conference went 2-4 in the NCAA last year.

And TWO of the teams in your conference--a 14-team league--account for all but one of those NCAA titles. That's not a basketball conference, that's two-team basketball conference.

...Forget that even LSU was in the Final Four in '06, forget that the SEC is anually a member of the 'power conferences', there's not going to be any more factual information to reduce what you constantly spew about the SEC...
Damn. You gotta go back a decade to find the last Final Four for one of those other 12 teams? Pretty weak. And you're in a "power" conference in football--as the token doormat--but not in basketball. That's how you can go 38-1 and still flame out.

...Maybe come tournament time we can revisit this issue...when 5 or more SEC teams are again in the dance while you keep your 'SEC sucks' mantra going.
What's that LPT mantra?... "Wait until next year."

"Elite program", my a$$...

Try convincing the selection committee that bids 'prove nothing'. You generally have to have a pretty good year to get one.

...funny how you disregard the fact that the SEC is one of the 5 power conferences in basketball. Denial just ain't a river in Egypt.....

Try convincing the selection committee that bids 'prove nothing'. You generally have to have a pretty good year to get one.

...funny how you disregard the fact that the SEC is one of the 5 power conferences in basketball. Denial just ain't a river in Egypt.....
Well, bids do pit teams against one another across conferences at the right time of the year. But RESULTS are all that matter; the number of bids proves nothing. Kinda like playing UCLA and Texas in basketball last year.

And not to discredit any of the legit P5 basketball conferences like the ACC--but the "power" designation in P5 as we all know was defined on the football side of things. If the Big East had great and widely watched football teams, that conference would still be intact and inside of the Power Whatever.

Speaking of the non-P5 Big East, they had one more bid than the SEC to the 2015 tourney with FOUR fewer teams.

Hiding behind the "P5" label in basketball is like the SEC in that sport, a monumental joke. And not something you'd expect from a fan of an elite basketball program.

Nah, just shows how much you'll squirm to avoid the truth.
Consistent with the header, I've given you facts. You just don't like them. Don't indicate you're all that elite.

You've given pretty much nothing but your anti-UK opinion rather than fact and try to back it up with cherry-picked stats. Anybody can do that to make their case. I know you're just going to weasel out of every factual argument presented to you. Your sig is basically your mission statement, which is basically to discredit any of UK's accomplishments. Here's a basic illustration of what you do rather than acknowledge facts:

• In reference to fan celebrations-- I say all was not all 'peace and quiet' in the Ville. Zipp: "Find evidence otherwise." OneEarWonder then posts "Riot police had to be dispersed around campus to quell a riotous crowd." (States he has a relative working in that capacity to back it up. ) Zipp: Silence.

• Zipp: "Tubby was run off." I point out that Tubby hired an agent in DECEMBER the year o his final season at UK. Also link an article that was account of Crum's departure from Louisville to provide a better look at what being "run off" looks like. Zipp: Silence (again)

• Me: Name me 1 more coach other than Coach K that has had a better past 6 years than Cal. Zipp: "Sounds like it's time to start a great run banner like all of the elite programs have hanging" (To which he is called out for clearly not wanting to answer the question)

• Zipp: "Pitino has had the better past 6 years because....no NIT's" Me: ...uh, he's taken uofl to the NIT TWICE. Zipp: Silence.

• Zipp: "All of those UK wins and conference titles came in the SEC." Me: UK currently has 923 Non-conference wins. (Conference titles...of course all in the SEC. UK hasn't ever needed to jump around to what is now 6 conferences for uofl.)

• Zipp: "Your conference schedule is a dumpster fire." Me: You mean like BC, Wake, FSU, Ga Tech, Va Tech, Pitt and Clemson? .....not exactly a murderer's row. Zipp: "Oh, and some of the better ACC teams are played ON THE ROAD, remember what that is?" Me: 2015-2016 Louisville schedule....Duke, ND and VA on the road. (Still not sure how 'good' VA will be next year).... so possibly 3 tough road games. Zipp: Silence.

• Zipp: "Mulder was passed over by Pitino. Pitino got the guys he wanted, you guys got Mulder." Me: Yeah, I'm sure RP didn't want the JUCO POY." Zipp: silence.

• Zipp: "NCAA Tournament bids mean nothing." Me: Uh... yes they do....they mean you had to have a good season to get one." Zipp: "Well, the other teams not named UK went 2-4 in the tournament." (So now to shift away from the fact that 5 SEC teams got bids to the tournament, now it only matters how they did after getting there.)

• Zipp: "Two of the teams in your conference--a 14 team league account for all but one of those NCAA Titles." Me: "...and yet the title count between the 2 conferences is 13-11....with the ACC holding a 2 title lead." (Now that Maryland has left the ACC.... 3 ACC teams account for all but one of those 13 titles....)

• Me: "The SEC is a member of the Power 5 conferences on an annual basis." Zipp: "That Power 5 designation only comes from the football side of things." (Same designation is usin basketball, but apparently that doesn't matter here.)

• Zipp: "Pitino Lite." Me: Cal is 7-1 against RP since coming to UK. Zipp: "LPT" ....Me and other UK posters: Your team is 15-33 in basketball and 13-14 in football against an alleged "play toy".

• Me and other UK posters: "If Cal 'can't coach', how can he be 7-1 against RP since becoming UK's coach?" Zipp: Super Bowl

• Me: "It's funny how the football game between UK and uofl "matters"...and somehow the basketball game isn't all that 'important'." Zipp: Super Bowl
As you can see....just a litany of deflecting, changing the question or simply refusing to answer. Like I said before....denial just ain't a river in Egypt.

You've given pretty much nothing but your anti-UK opinion rather than fact and try to back it up with cherry-picked stats... Here's a basic illustration of what you do rather than acknowledge facts...
I'm sorry, I didn't know you were logging every one of my posts. (I should have guessed that a courier job allowed for that.) I'll catch up now, scout's honor...

...In reference to fan celebrations-- I say all was not all 'peace and quiet' in the Ville. Zipp: "Find evidence otherwise." OneEarWonder then posts "Riot police had to be dispersed around campus to quell a riotous crowd." (States he has a relative working in that capacity to back it up. ) Zipp: Silence...
The Ear guy's just another slapd!ck. You're gonna need a more credible source than that, esp. if you agree with him.

...Zipp: "Tubby was run off." I point out that Tubby hired an agent in DECEMBER the year o his final season at UK. Also link an article that was account of Crum's departure from Louisville to provide a better look at what being "run off" looks like. Zipp: Silence (again)...
Unlike Pitino Lite, Tubby never missed an NCAA tournament. He left because he knew a hooded LPT lynch mob was forming. Crum had losing records two of his last three seasons. Slight difference.

...Me: Name me 1 more coach other than Coach K that has had a better past 6 years than Cal. Zipp: "Sounds like it's time to start a great run banner like all of the elite programs have hanging" (To which he is called out for clearly not wanting to answer the question)...
I'm not going back to link it, but I responded "Pitino" for one. One title and no NITs in the last six years. The banner was a reference to all of the other non-elite program garbage (e.g., "a good run") you wanna talk about.

...Zipp: "Pitino has had the better past 6 years because....no NIT's" Me: ...uh, he's taken uofl to the NIT TWICE. Zipp: Silence...
Not since Pitino Lite rolled into town. Shall we use the same timeframes to compare? You know, for consistency?

...Zipp: "All of those UK wins and conference titles came in the SEC." Me: UK currently has 923 Non-conference wins. (Conference titles...of course all in the SEC. UK hasn't ever needed to jump around to what is now 6 conferences for uofl.)
LPT clearly had what it wanted from the beginning--a basketball conference it could dominate. U of L "jumped around" to improve its conference affiliation. Another slight difference.

...Zipp: "Your conference schedule is a dumpster fire." Me: You mean like BC, Wake, FSU, Ga Tech, Va Tech, Pitt and Clemson? .....not exactly a murderer's row. Zipp: "Oh, and some of the better ACC teams are played ON THE ROAD, remember what that is?" Me: 2015-2016 Louisville schedule....Duke, ND and VA on the road. (Still not sure how 'good' VA will be next year).... so possibly 3 tough road games. Zipp: Silence...
Silence here can likely be interpreted as being dumbfounded at LPT stupidity... The 38-1 "good run" was against ONE team that barely made the Sagarin Top Ten (UNC at #10). U of L played SEVEN games against that same Top Ten. Hell, what more needs to be said?

...Zipp: "Mulder was passed over by Pitino. Pitino got the guys he wanted, you guys got Mulder." Me: Yeah, I'm sure RP didn't want the JUCO POY." Zipp: silence...
I'm sure his mother thinks he's a fine boy too. But Pitino clearly got the two guys he wanted. Wasn't room for a non-elite guy named "Mulder".

...Zipp: "NCAA Tournament bids mean nothing." Me: Uh... yes they do....they mean you had to have a good season to get one." Zipp: "Well, the other teams not named UK went 2-4 in the tournament." (So now to shift away from the fact that 5 SEC teams got bids to the tournament, now it only matters how they did after getting there.)...
Another example of LPT lowering the bar... What you do in the NCAA tourney is evidently less important.

...Zipp: "Two of the teams in your conference--a 14 team league account for all but one of those NCAA Titles." Me: "...and yet the title count between the 2 conferences is 13-11....with the ACC holding a 2 title lead." (Now that Maryland has left the ACC.... 3 ACC teams account for all but one of those 13 titles....)
Quoting out of context, naturally... The debate was about the strength of your schedule. And as I've said, you can't play against yourself. Deduct 8 from that 11. If you wanna play against a conference with 13 titles already, apply for ACC membership. Oops, there goes any shot at 40-0!!

...Me: "The SEC is a member of the Power 5 conferences on an annual basis." Zipp: "That Power 5 designation only comes from the football side of things." (Same designation is usin basketball, but apparently that doesn't matter here.)
Sorry, that's just LPT ignorance--or denial--of the basis for the Power 5 designation. I'd kinda expect that denial from a basketball school. Those are the five best football conferences, not necessarily basketball.

...Zipp: "Pitino Lite." Me: Cal is 7-1 against RP since coming to UK. Zipp: "LPT" ....Me and other UK posters: Your team is 15-33 in basketball and 13-14 in football against an alleged "play toy".
When Matt Hayes of The Sporting News comes off that moniker, so will I. Keep me updated.

...Me and other UK posters: "If Cal 'can't coach', how can he be 7-1 against RP since becoming UK's coach?" Zipp: Super Bowl...
Don't whine to us. Pitino Lite came up with that term. I just happen to agree with him. With your junk basketball schedule, who's to argue?

...Me: "It's funny how the football game between UK and uofl "matters"...and somehow the basketball game isn't all that 'important'." Zipp: Super Bowl...
Nonsensical courier-babble... You'll have to explain yourself a little better.

...As you can see....just a litany of deflecting, changing the question or simply refusing to answer. Like I said before....denial just ain't a river in Egypt.
Let me know when you think I'm ignoring you again. No reason for an LPT courier and a fan of an elite basketball program to have an inferiority complex.

Last edited:
....pssst...Hey Cardio....let you in a little secret....I no longer see a thing you post. You're wasting your time responding to me.
What a blue hole thing to say...you respond to him to say nanananaanaa ...I didn't see your reply ...which you obviously did hence the playground chant response. Grow up already.

Again, Zipp....you come back with nothing but anti-UK opinions. You truly do live by the code of not letting facts get in the way of a 'good' story.

because I'm tired of all this BS blue revisionist history.

1. 99.9% of UK fans (100% of those in the Louisville area) were boastful of, obnoxious about, and guaranteeing a certain national championship. The best example of their pompous, puffed-up and beyond-the-pale braggadocio was the "Drew" character from Matty Bangs' show who hosted Sports Talk the night Louisville won their very difficult opening game against the 7' 6" behemoth and his teammates. This guy, and the thinly veiled Frosty Tips himself who called in under a nom de plume giving his delusion-fueled version of what he thinks a UofL fan thinks/says, went on and on about how all-time great UK was, how the championship was all theirs and theirs alone to lose and how pitiful UofL fans were to be jubilant about a win against inferior competition. As previously mentioned on this site, MANY UK fans were sporting more and more tattoos and t-shirts proclaiming, among other things, the greatest team of all time, 40-0, and a guaranteed national championship. The coach did NOTHING, absolutely M-F-ing nothing to dissuade this behavior and frankly fueled it a great deal with his obnoxious and self-absorbed press conferences throughout the season.
2. The UK players and coaches either mimicked or inspired the above by their own proclamations of this being a "national championship season or bust," and expecting to win all their games. Not only does this disrespect your opponent to the nth degree, it disrespects the game. But I would expect nothing less than this from Cal.
3. UK had 4, count-em FOUR players drafted in the first 13. Now I personally think that WCS, Trey Lyles and Devin Booker will be monumental busts, up there with Sam Bowie but the point remains that NBA scouts and GMs who know a lot more about this stuff than I do, saw fit to draft these bozos in the top 13 picks. Two other teams in the HISTORY OF NCAA BASKETBALL had 4 lottery picks and they both won the national title. UK didn't even make the final game. If that is not the living, breathing, walking, talking manifestation of the biggest choke job in the history of the game, then I don't know what is.

These are facts. They are indisputable. UK, as oppsed to the immortal words of their prior president, over-promises and underperforms.

"you respond to him to say nanananaanaa ...I didn't see your reply ...which you obviously did hence the playground chant response."

Actually, I don't see his replies....that's how that 'ignore' button works. It's possible to see that he replied to the topic, just not the content. Just letting him know he's wasting his time if he's going to keep trying to fire off his little zingers in my direction.

When I google riots in Lexington they bring stories up about the riots that occurred the past few years that were related to sUcK basketball. When I google riots in Louisville they bring up stories about the riots in Louisville in the 1960's after the assassination of MLK.

Again, Zipp....you come back with nothing but anti-UK opinions. You truly do live by the code of not letting facts get in the way of a 'good' story.
A. You're on a U of L message board.
B. You can label facts you don't like whatever you want.
C. What are you "coming back" with?

Opinion: "Unlike Pitino Lite, Tubby never missed an NCAA tournament. He left because he knew a hooded LPT lynch mob was forming"
Fact: Tubby hired an agent in December of his final season at UK. He knew things weren't going to work out and planned his departure.

Opinion: "I'm sure his mother thinks he's a fine boy too. But Pitino clearly got the two guys he wanted. Wasn't room for a non-elite guy named "Mulder".
Fact: Mulder was the JUCO Player of the year....and you continue to contend that RP was interested.

Opinion: "Sorry, that's just LPT ignorance--or denial--of the basis for the Power 5 designation. I'd kinda expect that denial from a basketball school. Those are the five best football conferences, not necessarily basketball."

Fact: Power 5 conferences is a relative term in both football AND basketball...pay more attention around Selection Sunday and you'll hear it.

Opinion: "LPT"
Fact: uofl has losing records to UK in both basketball (15-33) AND Football (13-14)

Opinion: "Pitino Lite"
Fact: ...he's 7-1 against RP since coming to UK.

Opinion: "Bids mean nothing."
Fact: A team needs to have a good season to get one. ALL teams in college hoops have getting to the tournament as one of their goals at the start of the season.

....see the difference yet between opinion and fact?

Opinion: "Unlike Pitino Lite, Tubby never missed an NCAA tournament. He left because he knew a hooded LPT lynch mob was forming"
Fact: Tubby hired an agent in December of his final season at UK. He knew things weren't going to work out and planned his departure.
You're taking credit for Tubby proactively dealing with his lynching. Did LPT counteroffer what Minny offered him? And is Minny a better job?

...Opinion: "I'm sure his mother thinks he's a fine boy too. But Pitino clearly got the two guys he wanted. Wasn't room for a non-elite guy named "Mulder".
Fact: Mulder was the JUCO Player of the year....and you continue to contend that RP was interested.
So, if he was an Eagle Scout too, does that mean that Pitino wanted him? Pitino wants guys good enough who fit his system, and assuming there's an available scholarship. One of those boxes wasn't checked.

...Opinion: "Sorry, that's just LPT ignorance--or denial--of the basis for the Power 5 designation. I'd kinda expect that denial from a basketball school. Those are the five best football conferences, not necessarily basketball."

Fact: Power 5 conferences is a relative term in both football AND basketball...pay more attention around Selection Sunday and you'll hear it...
The Big East was better than the SEC in basketball last year. (They got more NCAA invites, right?) So, tell me what Power 5 means in basketball again?

...Opinion: "LPT"
Fact: uofl has losing records to UK in both basketball (15-33) AND Football (13-14)...
Here, tweet him...

...Opinion: "Pitino Lite"
Fact: ...he's 7-1 against RP since coming to UK...
And why do you think that has anything to do with him being "Pitino Lite"?

...Opinion: "Bids mean nothing."
Fact: A team needs to have a good season to get one. ALL teams in college hoops have getting to the tournament as one of their goals at the start of the season...
So why do the records of the conferences get tracked in the NCAA? (As an example...) And once it's over, no one but the courier talks about "bids"? ANSWER: Because he's lowering the bar.

Any why didn't you try to rebut the rest of the points/issues?

Labeling facts opinions and opinions facts means nothing except to the guy assigning the labels.

None of what you've said so far has settled any fragment of any argument. Once you're given a factual answer, you just change the question.

because I'm tired of all this BS blue revisionist history.

1. 99.9% of UK fans (100% of those in the Louisville area) were boastful of, obnoxious about, and guaranteeing a certain national championship. The best example of their pompous, puffed-up and beyond-the-pale braggadocio was the "Drew" character from Matty Bangs' show who hosted Sports Talk the night Louisville won their very difficult opening game against the 7' 6" behemoth and his teammates. This guy, and the thinly veiled Frosty Tips himself who called in under a nom de plume giving his delusion-fueled version of what he thinks a UofL fan thinks/says, went on and on about how all-time great UK was, how the championship was all theirs and theirs alone to lose and how pitiful UofL fans were to be jubilant about a win against inferior competition. As previously mentioned on this site, MANY UK fans were sporting more and more tattoos and t-shirts proclaiming, among other things, the greatest team of all time, 40-0, and a guaranteed national championship. The coach did NOTHING, absolutely M-F-ing nothing to dissuade this behavior and frankly fueled it a great deal with his obnoxious and self-absorbed press conferences throughout the season.
2. The UK players and coaches either mimicked or inspired the above by their own proclamations of this being a "national championship season or bust," and expecting to win all their games. Not only does this disrespect your opponent to the nth degree, it disrespects the game. But I would expect nothing less than this from Cal.
3. UK had 4, count-em FOUR players drafted in the first 13. Now I personally think that WCS, Trey Lyles and Devin Booker will be monumental busts, up there with Sam Bowie but the point remains that NBA scouts and GMs who know a lot more about this stuff than I do, saw fit to draft these bozos in the top 13 picks. Two other teams in the HISTORY OF NCAA BASKETBALL had 4 lottery picks and they both won the national title. UK didn't even make the final game. If that is not the living, breathing, walking, talking manifestation of the biggest choke job in the history of the game, then I don't know what is.

These are facts. They are indisputable. UK, as oppsed to the immortal words of their prior president, over-promises and underperforms.
Nothing but the facts.

None of what you've said so far has settled any fragment of any argument. Once you're given a factual answer, you just change the question.
As everyone can see, I'm doing my best to address each of your issues head on. Show me otherwise. (And not just your opinions or facts you don't like...)

"Elite program", my a$$.

"As everyone can see, I'm doing my best to address each of your issues head on."

....with nothing but the usual factless, anti-UK slanted Zippisms.

"As everyone can see, I'm doing my best to address each of your issues head on."

....with nothing but the usual factless, anti-UK slanted Zippisms.
Nothing specific from the "legal firm", as usual.

"When I hear "blue hole" i think of the head to head record (all NCAA records), UL has against UK."

...pretty big hole, no doubt. Except in football....they're close....13-14 overall record v. UK. With the way recruiting is going.... look for UK to widen the lead.

...13-14 overall record v. UK. With the way recruiting is going.... look for UK to widen the lead.

Surely to God you don't mean these LPT recruits?...

With LPT, recruiting is all about HYPE.

I heard that Tuesday was the "best day in LPT football recruiting history". Three kids committed in the 2017 class. I look on Rivals, and they have four commits in that class with an average rating of 3.00 stars. That's a LOWER rating than the LPT class this year.

And here's the list of other offers for those four kids:

Iowa (3 offers)
Toledo (3)
West Virginia
East Carolina
Central Michigan
Cincinnati
Illinois
Indiana
U of L
Maryland
Washington State

I've also heard there's concern about these guys decommitting. :D

LPT Football: Iowa and Toledo are hot after our guys...

You mean the class now currently ranked 12th?

Edit: ....the 2017 class is actually currently ranked 9th....after getting commits from 3 4-star players earlier this week (RB- Michael Warren, DE James Hudson and WR Craig Yeast II (who picked UK over uofl).

The 2016 Class has 21 commitments, including 3 more 4-star players and some offensive linemen that are projected to be one of the best units in the country. (Landon Young, Drake Jackson, Tate Leavitt)

Last edited:
You mean the class now currently ranked 12th?

Edit: ....the 2017 class is actually currently ranked 9th....after getting commits from 3 4-star players earlier this week (RB- Michael Warren, DE James Hudson and WR Craig Yeast II (who picked UK over uofl).

The 2016 Class has 21 commitments, including 3 more 4-star players and some offensive linemen that are projected to be one of the best units in the country. (Landon Young, Drake Jackson, Tate Leavitt)
The rankings are based on the NUMBER of commitments, not just the quality.

LPT's average star rating in 2016 is equal to Louisville's and just slightly higher than Joker's classes were rated.

Very few teams have any recruits for 2017, so it's easy to be ranked high at this point. In the 2015 class just completed, LPT's 2017 average star rating (3.00) is the same as Georgia Tech's was. And Tech finished 39th in the Rivals ranking in 2015.

All you have to do to verify the 2017 LPT commitments is that offer list. Louisville is the best offer on there.

Holy hell! This dude seriously thinks uk is widening some sort of gap against UofL in football? Maybe you're referring to the gap between your ears or something. So you continue with this whole leading the series BS by including games from the leather helmet era. That's a peach! LOL!

Some blue fans are just straight dumb but then there are the select few who even believe the nonsense they makeup as if God sent them a message thru their pancakes. Jesus is in Tijuana!

I love it when uk fans get into the football recruiting smack. It's like someone just rewound the tape and hit play on the same old worn out jibber jabber we have heard for years.

LPT fans simply overestimate the value of recruiting and underestimate the value of coaching. It's pandemic in their fanbase, probably because they're often short in the latter case.

"Holy hell! This dude seriously thinks uk is widening some sort of gap against UofL in football?"

I said they could widen their 14-13 lead with the success they're seeing in recruiting. If you're going to try to analyze what I said, try making sure you're at least accurate about what I said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT