ADVERTISEMENT

Some facts

blubo = no-lifer chasing around after no-lifers

"Elite program", my a$$...

For this upcoming season....

Louisville 2015-16

.....looks like that murderous road schedule is Duke.....maybe Notre Dame.....and??

Virginia? Anderson is gone.
NC state? Lacey is gone.
Miami....?

So, yeah....looks the road games against Duke and ND might be the "better ACC teams that are played ON THE ROAD" that you were talking about.

This is the kind of uninformed analysis that tells you all you need to know about JC for 3 and some of these other visitors.

UVA is a consensus Top 10 team next year Brogdan is more than likely the ACC POY. Every program loses players each year UVA is all about a system not it's parts. They return about five really good experienced players and the front runner for ACC POY....Most publications will have them right around #5. You just can't make up some of the shit you read on a message board!

Miami is a fringe top 25 team also they return a lot of good players.

NC St returns Cat Barbour and some good front line players and they are probably looking @ NCAA bubble status though they could be worse or they could be better.

Bottom line you clearly watch UK basketball only this post above calling out UVA pretty much outs you as uninformed. It's incredibly embarrassing to see a poster spending this much time on a college basketball board in the summer thinking he knows the game when clearly you don't know anything given your post above.

Hilarious!

"UVA lost Anderson" - LMFAO get out of here you don't know anything! Some of these invaders are just so clueless. These teams they insult is mind boggling.

This guy DVR's UK games. That's about it. And he probably roots against Duke, UNC, and UofL really, really hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
...I'll believe what you say about UVA when I see it. Anderson is a huge loss for them, whether you believe it or not.

Reactions: blubo
...I'll believe what you say about UVA when I see it. Anderson is a huge loss for them, whether you believe it or not.

UVA is a consensus Pre Season Top 10 team. You will see that when the polls come out. Fans like yourself said the same thing the year prior when Joe Harris graduated. Who's going to score now that Harris is gone? Players get better, especially under THAT coach. They have good players that are going to get better. Wow what a concept. Brogdan and Gill are an excellent 1-2 punch and the PG Parrentes is a savvy SR that knows how to control a game w/o scoring. Tobey has size to do some things he's a very efficient big, and Shakyok will improve. It's ok that you probably have never heard of any of these guys, I get it. You're uninformed. One other piece of info - the HC is one of the top up and coming coaches in the country and having this type of returning roster is PLENTY for him to work with. I would not be surprised if they went ahead and won the ACC reg season AGAIN though I'm liking UNC more and not predicting that.

Nobody has a crystal ball even the mighty UK had a Pre Season Consensus Top 5 team go to the NIT a couple years ago. I get it.

You are dismissing UVA right now, and that is just ridiculous.

You're pretty much dismissing the entire ACC not named Duke/UNC. Which, is also ridiculous, and the type of analysis only an uninformed blowhard would bring to the table.

Somebody other than those two teams are going to be good in the ACC, and hang out in the polls and make the tournament. Programs 3-10 are going to produce a few teams that have good seasons, because that's how it works.

Fans have no problem calling out other teams, but they also fail to think about the big picture and where teams fall in the overall picture.

The NCAA Tournament isn't going to consist of 14 teams. There's a few more than that, and some of them are going to come from the ACC, and be on UofL's schedule.

Good talk.

"One other piece of info - the HC is one of the top up and coming coaches in the country" ....a year or two of solid results and that can be said about any coach. It was even said about Billy G.

You're taking my posts as some sort of ACC 'bashing'.... that's not the meaning that was conveyed. I'm simply pointing out it's a 'top heavy' conference like many others are. When posts all over this board just want to point to UK's success being mainly because of being in the SEC, I bring up the title count, where the ACC holds only a slight edge, 13-11. When there are posts taking shots at Auburn, Miss St., etc....I can point to Va Tech and Ga Tech... see how that works?

Has the SEC had down years, sure it has. It's also had plenty of good years as well over the years as well. This coming season could probably be another where 5-6 teams are in the field of 64. As I've also had to point out here, UK is gaining ground on reach 1,000 non-conference wins. They've been a very good program from the beginning. Blaming all that on their conference affiliation is what's truly 'dismissive' here.

"I'm simply pointing out it's a 'top heavy' conference like many others are.

The ACC has depth. Some of the teams you blatantly dismiss have potential heading into the upcoming season. The fact that you dismissed UVA so eagerly destroys the conversation.

I could breakdown a few of the middling teams in this league (FSU) and point to their potential but if you aren't even going to give the ACC UVA (the rest of the world puts them anywhere from #5-#15) there is no point in doing that. Random UK fan on message board in July is literally the only person that doesn't concede UVA is legit.

If UVA were on UK's OOC schedule you'd be hailing them a great match-up.

The ACC placed 5 teams in the SS last year and a few others were competitive. It's a league full of tradition laden programs which makes it possible for a team with good players to hit the skids and miss the NCAAs altogether.

I know you're here to simply argue with the haters so I'll let you get back to that I just couldn't resist your silly mention of UVA. Carry on.

P.S. - Billy G didn't win the ACC b2b seasons, not many coaches come into a P5 league and do what Bennett has done. Last year's ACC was a monster. What Bennett's done goes far and beyond what you're implying it takes to be considered up and coming. He's effing produced in the top league in the country and his system is here to stay.

Last edited:
This ... "Virginia? Anderson is gone." ....is not 'blatantly dismissing' Virginia. It's simply calling them into question. Aside from the past couple years, they haven't exactly been one of the ACC's top teams, so it does call into question how good they will be after losing a player like Anderson.

Pretty funny watching an LPT fan debating the strength of a basketball conference.

:D

uk lost how many players from it's perfection rejection team, that team that you blue holes screamed all year that was going 40-0 ? How many players did that team lose ?

7. Lost a pretty good number of players at the end of the 2011 season too. Did that matter? No. Cal has re-loaded once again.

Labissierre
Matthews
Briscoe
Mulder
Murray
Wynyard

.....with Poythress, Lee, Ulis, Hawkins, Willis, and Floreal returning.

Matthews is rated below a couple of the U of L guys. Mulder was passed over by Pitino. Poythress and Lee are OAD fails.

Your talent is WAAAAAAAY down this coming year. And you could barely get past the Elite Eight last year.

Probably because of that schedule you play.

Reactions: earsky
Your anti-UK bias pretty much renders anything you say to just hateful gibberish. Not sure if you and RP are buddies, but something tells me 'passed over by Pitino' most likely isn't the truth, considering that Mulder was the JUCO Player of the Year.

Once you went into the "waaaaaayyy down" comment, I had to laugh. You really just go with the anti-UK slant rather than using sound judgment. I'm not going to waste the time on this segment of your last post to once again show you where you're wrong....anyone that follows college basketball could look at that roster and see it much differently than you do.

Reactions: PatWall and blubo
Your anti-UK bias pretty much renders anything you say to just hateful gibberish...
Kinda rich from an LPT guy who has to post here 50 times a day.

...Not sure if you and RP are buddies, but something tells me 'passed over by Pitino' most likely isn't the truth, considering that Mulder was the JUCO Player of the Year...
Once Lee and Lewis had signed, there was no more room for U of L transfers. Pitino got the guys he wanted, and you guys got Mulder.

...Once you went into the "waaaaaayyy down" comment, I had to laugh. You really just go with the anti-UK slant rather than using sound judgment. I'm not going to waste the time on this segment of your last post to once again show you where you're wrong....anyone that follows college basketball could look at that roster and see it much differently than you do.
It's simple math--well, simple for me. You lost, like, SEVEN five-star guys from last year and have commitments from three. If a roster with four less 5-star guys isn't WAAAAAAAY down, give me another word for it.

And those seven guys out the door couldn't get the job done last year. Why should the three newbies fare any better? Maybe you can fall back on Pitino Lite's in-game coaching.

Last edited:
This ... "Virginia? Anderson is gone." ....is not 'blatantly dismissing' Virginia. It's simply calling them into question.

In the context of schedule discussion, your post read "Virginia?" which is a vague question @ best, and can certainly be viewed as a back-handed vague question @ that......especially when combined with the follow up "Anderson is gone" which is "matter of fact" rhetoric...undoubtedly burying them if you have absolutely nothing else to say about them, which you didn't.

I don't have stock in UVA, or any other team in the ACC.

But, the ACC is a monster, last year was just the beginning. The schedule will almost always be tough. In most instances, it's hard to know for sure which games are going to be tough, because there are just so many basketball feverish programs.

I know that's a pill you're going to refuse to swallow because that would be a step towards admitting when the calendar turns January the match ups are mostly boring for you and our schedule does leave you just a bit jealous.

It is cool though, I know these guys are attacking you in this thread and you're fighting the good fight man. So I can't blame you for making the floor the ceiling for a bunch of teams on our schedule.

"when the calendar turns January the match ups are mostly boring for you and our schedule does leave you just a bit jealous."

....jealousy is nothing I would ever feel in connection with uofl basketball.

*** WTH? I'm not sure where this post came from, but leave it there please. We don't need that type of "discussion" going on here. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
"when the calendar turns January the match ups are mostly boring for you and our schedule does leave you just a bit jealous."

Your fixation on U of L continues...

Did he mention U of L in that regard? He's talking a representative, elite basketball program.

"our schedule does leave you just a bit jealous".... yes, Zipp...he did.

...and if you're going to define uofl as 'elite', this ought to be interesting...

Riiiiight.... So you would never want to see UK play more big name match ups in conference play? Somehow I doubt that. But then again maybe you wouldn't.

"our schedule does leave you just a bit jealous".... yes, Zipp...he did.

...and if you're going to define uofl as 'elite', this ought to be interesting...

You are one obsessed blue hole......damn ! They ban you again from the kitty board !
Man you are one total joke with your obsession of UofL basketball.
And of course you will post again just to prove how obsessed you are........LMAO

Shadow....as I've said earlier, there are up and down years in the SEC. UK's been there forever, I'm fine with that. No 'jealousy' here for uofl's conference or even their non-conference schedule.

Cardio.... Nope....never been banned from Rupp's Rafters. I'm guessing you probably have, though.

Posting here and making an argument for every anti- UK theory here is not an obsession. More of a hobby, actually. An attempt to guide the misguided.

No you blue hole it's an obsession plain and simple and if you think it's a hobby then you're a bigger hole than I thought. The misguided is in your mirror...you're pathetic. Probably sad and lonely as well if you really see what you're doing as a hobby...wow what a loser.
11181814_699287006846270_8425486250642835633_n.jpg

Shadow....as I've said earlier, there are up and down years in the SEC. UK's been there forever, I'm fine with that. No 'jealousy' here for uofl's conference or even their non-conference schedule.

Cardio.... Nope....never been banned from Rupp's Rafters. I'm guessing you probably have, though.

Posting here and making an argument for every anti- UK theory here is not an obsession. More of a hobby, actually. An attempt to guide the misguided.
11181814_699287006846270_8425486250642835633_n.jpg

I get that. I used to be "that guy" for a time on the UK boards. After a while it gets exhausting trying to defend or counter every dumb post made about your team on your rival's boards. You never "win" a debate, nor do you ever convince anybody of anything. You do seem to be pretty energetic and prolific in your posting though, so you may stay at it longer than I did.

Last edited:
'After a while it gets exhausting trying to defend or counter every dumb post made about your team on your rival's boards.' ...True, in some cases. I just tend to ignore Cardiotonic.

courier will probably go back 20 years.

...You do seem to be pretty energetic and prolific in your posting though, so you may stay at it longer than I did.
"Energetic" and "prolific" weren't the descriptors that came to mind for me.

Well, 11 years come to mind right away without google. 11 National titles have been won by SEC teams.

...and even looking back to last season, the SEC had the 3rd highest # of NCAA bids in the field of 64 with 5 teams in the dance.

Last edited:
Well, 11 years come to mind right away without google. 11 National titles have been won by SEC teams.

...and even looking back to last season, the SEC had the 3rd highest # of NCAA bids in the field of 64 with 5 teams in the dance
Dating back to the Civil War.

2015 NCAA Tournament results by conference:

ACC 0.773 winning percentage

Pac-12 0.667

Big Ten 0.632

Missouri Valley 0.600

West Coast 0.600

SEC 0.545 (...better than Mountain West, American, and Conference USA)

Again Zipp, you're using another convenient stat to steer away from the point raised earlier as to whether or not the SEC has had some solid years. They have, and proof of that I provided without even going to Google. 11 National Titles, 5 bids last year. As expected, you take that in another direction. Forget that even LSU was in the Final Four in '06, forget that the SEC is anually a member of the 'power conferences', there's not going to be any more factual information to reduce what you constantly spew about the SEC. That's like taking a kid's favorite toy away....in your case, taking away your #1 tool for discrediting UK at every turn. I'm sure you not gonna let that go, no matter what is provided here.

Maybe come tournament time we can revisit this issue...when 5 or more SEC teams are again in the dance while you keep your 'SEC sucks' mantra going.

Reactions: PatWall and blubo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT