ADVERTISEMENT

Some facts

"Blue holes is like fingernails on a chalk board", to all and any uk fan.......shall we count you among them ?
You read the posts you want to read and post what you want to post and I'll do the same

...the NCAA record books have UK's title count at 8. End of story.
So, it is mostly about titles. Got it.

One with 20-something NBA draft picks in six years.

"Elite program", my a$$...

"Blue holes is like fingernails on a chalk board", to all and any uk fan.......shall we count you among them ?
You read the posts you want to read and post what you want to post and I'll do the same

Just saying you sound like an idiot

....no, that's a typical reaction from guys like you. RP is 1-7 vs Cal at UK and yet the outcry from your side of the fence is still "Cal can't coach."

UK's 8 titles ....someone here attempts to try to 'dissect' them in some weird attempt to act like they don't exist.

Director's Cup standings... UK is ahead of uofl.... and here you are, dissecting.

What's next? Water isn't wet?
BOTH COACHES HAVE ONE TITLE AT RESPECTIVE SCHOOLS. Of course Cal is going to win the majority of the games. He has had more talent in ALL 8 of them. But UL should have been able to pull at least one more win (Indy).

Dissention (sic) in the ranks....
:) Nice try, courier. ACCC just lost track of his argument...

THAT LPT team also had SEVEN Rivals 5-star kids. Like he said, LPT's had a lot more talent.

(And still the same number of titles...)

It had nothing to do with ACCCard, Zipp. Scroll up higher.... Cardio's got some of his own turning on him.

Reactions: blubo
It had nothing to do with ACCCard, Zipp. Scroll up higher.... Cardio's got some of his own turning on him.
Because you all are still blue hole chumps and yes cal is laughing at you clowns all the way to the bank........I know the truth hurts but there it is.

I could care less what uk fans think of UofL and repeating my posts to fit your response is just sad really. The judges give tubbystabbys and jcfor3 zero stars for originality. Not impressed. You keep missing the point but that doesn't suprise me. I'm trying to tell you idgits your never ending rants about how great uk is to you doesn't sway mine and many others opinion of how corrupt, racist and frankly disgusting your program's wonderful history actually is and nothing you say changes that. You have very little respect here...if any.

What I find just fascinating is how often your brain trust finds their way onto our boards and spews your glorious history as if it matters. Your mission, should you accept it, is to continue with the same worn out rah rah bull manure that your program is better than ours. I'm sure you will take the mission. You are all lemmings and I expect nothing less from inferior people with sloping foreheads and prominant brow lines.

Now tell me again how your history is supposed to be my history. I will be over here ignoring it.:eek:

Cal and the players in almost every interview this season did what they could to say they weren't focusing on being undefeated, but just getting better one game at a time. I'd say Cal did a lot to try to nerf the 40-0 stuff, in spite of the media pumping "Pursuit of Perfection" and stuff like that.

And yes, many UK fans got overconfident and said/did silly things, but I really wasn't one of them. I said they were the favorite and I thought they would, but I never bragged on the internet or real life that it's a guarantee, I didn't buy any silly shirts, I don't have any UK tattoos, or tattoos of any kind... And my UK fan friends in real life/social media, same deal. Some of us are indeed sane, haha!

I might still get flamed or whatever, but that's okay.

There was a comment posted that when UL went to the Final Four 4 times in 7 years UL was talking dynasty and had T-shirts printed up. I am a diehard UL fan who has been following the Cards for 48 years and I don't remember the dynasty talk or the T-shirts. Can you elaborate a little more and tell us what the T-shirts said and if you remember correctly there were about 4 or 5 teams in the 80's that had really impressive runs along with UL, it would have been hard to talk dynasty.
On another note I remember when Pitino first came to UL and he was asked what was the big difference between UL and UK fans. Pitino said the big difference was how the 2 fan bases handle their wins and losses. Pitino said "When UK loses a game they go outside and beat themselves up in the snow, when UL loses a game they move on to the next game".

The reason I and most Calipari critics don't think he is a great coach is because he is under achieving considering the talent he has every year. He is definitely well connected, he gets one and done players that he doesn't have to coach. These kids are good enough to go pro right out of high school but because of the rules they aren't able to.

Make no mistake Calipari doesn't develop these kids they are already talented enough where they don't need him. Have you ever watched Calipari on the sideline, he is not yelling plays or coaching a strategic game instead he is yelling at his players to rebound, block out, pick, etc., it is like watching a grade school coach.

The reason I and most Calipari critics don't think he is a great coach is because he is under achieving considering the talent he has every year. He is definitely well connected, he gets one and done players that he doesn't have to coach. These kids are good enough to go pro right out of high school but because of the rules they aren't able to.

Make no mistake Calipari doesn't develop these kids they are already talented enough where they don't need him. Have you ever watched Calipari on the sideline, he is not yelling plays or coaching a strategic game instead he is yelling at his players to rebound, block out, pick, etc., it is like watching a grade school coach.

You really think Calipari is underachieving? That's a helluva standard you've got there.

As a UK fan these are the good ol days. We're in the running for national championship every year, and in the final four just about every year, I'll take that all day long.

Read the entire post, I said he was under achieving considering the talent he has and yes I think he is way under achieving. He was under achieving at Memphis, he had an 11 point lead with less than 2 minutes left against Kansas in the National Title game and coached his team to a defeat. It will be interesting to watch you all continuously brag about winning big in that girl basketball conference you are in and then watch you lose on a regular bases when you have to play the boys in the tournament. Calipari's loss to Wisconsin this year was not abnormal, it was his victory for the National Championship that was abnormal.

Pitino Lite is averaging two less losses per season than Tubby did.

In six seasons at LPT, Pitino Lite has won one NCAA title and played in one NIT. In nine years at LPT, Tubby won one NCAA tourney and made the tournament every year.

How did the talent on Tubby's teams stack up against the talent on Pitino Lite's teams? Was it ever close??

Tubby was run off while Pitino Lite is eulogized.

Last edited:
Sounds like it's time to start a "great run" banner like all of the elite programs have hanging.

Haven't researched it, but If we're using the same six years, Pitino for one. One title and no NITs in that timeframe. My guess is other coaches who have won titles the last six years are in that discussion.

And no one's "deflecting" anything since the thread is not "who's the best coach".

Pitino?? Based on the whole 'No NIT's in that timeframe'? Again.... agenda setting at its best. Forgetting that he has been to the NIT TWICE since he's been at uofl? One of those times coming off of a Final Four?
In the past 6 years, the overall # of wins, conference titles, conference tournament titles and in head-to head matchup, RP simply isn't close to Cal in any of those categories.

Pitino?? Based on the whole 'No NIT's in that timeframe'? Again.... agenda setting at its best. Forgetting that he has been to the NIT TWICE since he's been at uofl? One of those times coming off of a Final Four?
In the past 6 years, the overall # of wins, conference titles, conference tournament titles and in head-to head matchup, RP simply isn't close to Cal in any of those categories.
Didn't Pitino Lite go to the NIT off of his one championship? And lose in the first round to Robert Morris? Talk about crashing to earth.

And all of those wins and conference championships came in the SEC. That has to be factored into the analysis.

And like I said, you can't play against yourself. Your conference schedule is a dumpster fire.

...kinda like the lower half of the ACC that I've already pointed out to you? BC, Wake, FSU, Ga Tech, Va Tech, Pitt, Clemson ....not exactly a murderer's row.

Reactions: PatWall and blubo
...kinda like the lower half of the ACC that I've already pointed out to you? BC, Wake, FSU, Ga Tech, Va Tech, Pitt, Clemson ....not exactly a murderer's row.
And doesn't that leave 6-7 pretty good ACC teams? Some of which, like UVA and Carolina, we played TWICE? Not to mention the conference tourney. (That's UNC THREE times...)

LPT fans just can't stand the fact that, playing in the SEC, your overall schedule is gonna be hot garbage every year. Get outta the SEC if you wanna fix that.

Oh, and some of the better ACC teams are played ON THE ROAD. Remember what that is?

For this upcoming season....

Louisville 2015-16

Home/Road: Pittsburgh, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Duke

Home: Florida State, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Boston College, Syracuse

Road: Miami, Clemson, NC State, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame

.....looks like that murderous road schedule is Duke.....maybe Notre Dame.....and??

Virginia? Anderson is gone.
NC state? Lacey is gone.
Miami....?

So, yeah....looks the road games against Duke and ND might be the "better ACC teams that are played ON THE ROAD" that you were talking about.

We'll talk about how good the LPT basketball schedule is AFTER we see how good the teams are on it. We found out last year how deceptive that can be doing it backwards.

dUKe and Kansas are going to be very tough. Playing @Kansas is going to be very difficult as well. As for Ohio St., uofl and UCLA....the jury's still out.

Anybody else notice how Blubo likes everything this guy posts. What's the chances he's liking his own posts with another account?

ADVERTISEMENT