ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS IU GAME THREAD

Has anyone ever seen a half of football where every single key play and key whistle goes for one team? It's like IU was supposed to win this game no matter what.

This is why sports is so maddening. Without that onside kick most of this would not have happened.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Oh my God defense holds IU at the 1 1/2 yard line our ball. I hope we can get it out of there and score.

Has anyone ever seen a half of football where every single key play and key whistle goes for one team? It's like IU was supposed to win this game no matter what.

This is why sports is so maddening. Without that onside kick most of this would not have happened.
Bad calls an onside kicks are part of the game.

There was a holding call, a pass interference call and that last call out of bounds that were awful.

Should of used Jordan more when we last had the ball near FG range. The only thing IU did wrong in that 2nd half was the 4th and goal playcall on the one yard line.

IU has something with Jackson. They will be lucky to keep him out of the portal in years to come.

Plummer didn’t have a good 2nd half but he made to great runs for 1st downs enabling us to run the clock out.

Reactions: Deeva
Well, considering a phantom offensive holding call nullified a TD and Coleman dropping a pass into a INT at the 2 yard line, IU's defense was fortunate the Cards didn't have 35 points.

I do believe Brohn went a bit conservative with the offense, but there were several big plays that just didn't happen. The one trick play Brohm ran, the IU defender happened to be blitzing. Was it perfect timing by chance or did he read the play? I'm thinking the former.

These are the kind of games teams have to figure out how to win. Brohm is still learning how best to utilize his weapons, while on the defense there is an obvious lack of sacks so far. We got close several times today, but just couldn't quite get there.

We didn't blitz much though and the IU QB was very impressive avoiding the sack.

Off to BC ready to take revenge on last years loss. It's good to be undefeated while learning from mistakes.

I can see why CJB benched Plummer, he makes TERRIBLE decisions. He always goes for the "hero ball" and misses or flat refuses to throw the underneath routes because he wants the homerun glory throw.

Not always. Not even close to always. The one today where he did that should have been a completion at the one yard line, but the receiver dropped it into a interception.

6'5, 215 lbs, 5th year, athletic senior who has experience and knows Brohm's system. He checks every box. On paper, you're like, hell yeah!

So what gives? Game smarts.

I think he is going more for the home run ball instead of the sure first down. I saw several plays where he had open receivers open for the first down and he ignored them and went for the home run ball. He even looked at them but went long for a covered receiver. He would do better if he hit the open receivers and had a sustained drive.

Some of you watched a different game than I did.

Plummer threw a perfect TD strike after getting flushed from the pocket that was called back for a late and questionable holding call. On a different series, Plummer had what would have been a first and goal at the one, if Coleman held on to the ball instead of bobbling into an INT. There was another likely TD pass that was our receiver failed to hold on to.

Plummer was not responsible for IU covering the onside kick, nor did he have anything to do with the 97 yard IU a drive that ended in a TD.

What Jack did, was convert several key first downs running the football to preserve the win.

This is the same IU defense that held OSU well below its offensive production. Give the Hoosiers credit, and appreciate that Plummer was not the problem.

Louisville fans dominated downtown Indianapolis yesterday, it was an awesome atmosphere! Indiana should be embarrassed by the 2/3 of the stadium being Louisville fans.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Some of you watched a different game than I did.

Plummer threw a perfect TD strike after getting flushed from the pocket that was called back for a late and questionable holding call. On a different series, Plummer had what would have been a first and goal at the one, if Coleman held on to the ball instead of bobbling into an INT. There was another likely TD pass that was our receiver failed to hold on to.

Plummer was not responsible for IU covering the onside kick, nor did he have anything to do with the 97 yard IU a drive that ended in a TD.

What Jack did, was convert several key first downs running the football to preserve the win.

This is the same IU defense that held OSU well below its offensive production. Give the Hoosiers credit, and appreciate that Plummer was not the problem.
1. Plummer doesn’t get the ball off without the hold.
2. Instead of floating the ball into double coverage (where it could have been, and was, picked off) he could have thrown right in front of him to Turner who was wide open or, run the ball. Either would have gotten at least 10 yards and the 1st down - which was all was needed at that moment. It’s no surprise that’s exactly what he did multiple times after that as I have zero doubt Brohm made it clear to take what the defense gives you - rather than the hero play.

Hopefully he continues to learn from this but as others have mentioned, not sold on him or his decision making so far. Particularly for a guy who’s a 6th yr senior and who’s played in this system before.

Happy to be 3-0.

1. Plummer doesn’t get the ball off without the hold.
2. Instead of floating the ball into double coverage (where it could have been, and was, picked off) he could have thrown right in front of him to Turner who was wide open or, run the ball. Either would have gotten at least 10 yards and the 1st down - which was all was needed at that moment. It’s no surprise that’s exactly what he did multiple times after that as I have zero doubt Brohm made it clear to take what the defense gives you - rather than the hero play.

Hopefully he continues to learn from this but as others have mentioned, not sold on him or his decision making so far. Particularly for a guy who’s a 6th yr senior and who’s played in this system before.

Happy to be 3-0.
The floating throws will be a big problem down the line

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT