ADVERTISEMENT

Dusty May vs Will Wade

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Just from what I've seen, it seems like more Cards fans would like to have Wade over May. Toss out the unlikely hiring of Wade for this thread.

Wade has one Sweet 16 and May has a Final Four. Those that like Wade over May what is your reason? Is it that Wade has P6 experience already?

I'm completely comfortable with May. I think he will be a good fit here. I'm not tio worried about IU hiring him away, but if they do, let's make sure the buyout is high enough that we get some real compensation there, plus we also get a couple of years back in the right direction. I think Wade's NCAA show-cause makes him untouchable for us until next year or later.

UofL is not in the position to hire anyone with any kind of shady background. It’s a no can do from Heird’s perspective. Also, from a common sense one.

I don't think coaches like these guys will energize the fanbase. Kenny Payne had fewer fans buying tickets his first year than the number in Mack's disastrous fourth.

If Heird doesn't land Drew, I'm not optimistic about fan support out of the starting gate...

Reactions: JTMPR
I don't think coaches like these guys will energize the fanbase. Kenny Payne had fewer fans buying tickets his first year than the number in Mack's disastrous fourth.

If Heird doesn't land Drew, I'm not optimistic about fan support out of the starting gate...
There’s been a ton of speculation, but it appears as if Drew is off the table. I think you have been following these boards and you think this too. You are simply teeing yourself up for yet another broadside aimed at Hierd. We really don’t know what’s happening, and there is no way to predict attendance based on a coach 6 months before the first practice.

Reactions: achilles992000
There’s been a ton of speculation, but it appears as if Drew is off the table. I think you have been following these boards and you think this too. You are simply teeing yourself up for yet another broadside aimed at Hierd. We really don’t know what’s happening, and there is no way to predict attendance based on a coach 6 months before the first practice.
Very perceptive Beantown. But that’s how Zipp gets his kicks.

There's a lot of variables that could impact fan turnout. If the new coach puts together a solid class of recruits, if the university PR department builds a lot of hype, if the new coach is out in the community, these things will put butts in the seats. Then if there are some solid wins out of the gate, things will snowball. I know that's a lot of if's, but they are all possible. This fan base is starving for good basketball again and I believe will pack the Yum if it's delivered. I think there are several coaches being mentioned who can be successful here.

I guarantee whoever the new coach is we won't be fed lame excuses before his first game like the walking corpse that just got fired. It will be nice to finally have a coach who actually coaches and embraces what this city can give them.

You mean because I’m not gonna pound the table what a great hire either guy would be?

You’re right, fan support will be gauged by attendance. I can trot out that long term graph again for S&Gs…

Last edited:
There are 1-2 coaches that would see an immediate fan boost. None of them were really realistic. It is the currently state of coaching. Not many coaches really available or interested leaving their current situation. Schools locking coaching down as well.

I really like Wade he is that coach you love while you have him and hate him if coached elsewhere. He has is cocky-arrogant but can coach. Perfect fit for the fanbase. Little brother with a attitude that can back it up with his coaching. He isn’t an option because Louisville can’t allow him to be himself. Ignoring the NCAA rules and ripping them whenever he feels like it. Bad timing with show cause.

May-anyone paying attention knows this guy can coach. Look at FAU before and after he arrived. He took FAU to the Final Four. He beat Arizona this year. If it happens it is a good hire and borderline great hire.

As far as fan excitement it could be faster than we think. FAU has a nucleus of players that could all come to Louisville. The improvement would be instant. Retain Clark, Hatfield and Johnson you have to Top 25 ish team.

There is a lot to like about both Wade and May. Musselman is still hanging out there too. We will see

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT