ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS IU GAME THREAD

The Cards have some weapons! And it doesn't hurt that IU doesn't look too good. Pretty much proving why IU canceled the series.

IU's strategy was working early as the Cards had only two possessions in the 1st quarter. So far this young season, Cards have been very good making adjustments during the game. Looks like they're going to need to do it again.

Kicker missing the FG was a surprise. Everyone has been talking him up.

It's early but the Cards defense looks amped against IU's offense. Hoosiers are trying to beat us with one guy.

Reactions: shadow force
I agree on adjustments it’s great to see we finally have a coaching staff that does that.

IU caught us off guard on the onside kick and then drove downfield and scored. I hope we didn’t get to relaxed with that big lead. Now we need to put together a good drive together and take back momentum.

Reactions: Deeva
Off to a really bad start in the 2nd half I hope it doesn’t continue. On side kick they score , we throw a TD but called back for holding. Our drive stalls and we kick a 20 yard punt IU ball. I hope our defense can stop IU on this drive.

IU scores on a 97 yard drive to close the lead to 7 our pass defense needs to be better. We need to score at the start of the 4th to take momentum back.

That onside kick changed the momentum. After being up 21 and getting the ball to start the 2nd half, Brohm & Co. should have expected it. Out coached there. IU has owned the 3rd.

Need to regroup. Lets Go.

Reactions: Tenncard and Deeva
Everything is going IU's way. It's unreal how a couple lucky plays can create the kind of momentum for IU.

This is where Brohm has to show he's a top coach. He has to get a TD to stop the momentum for IU. He needs to get Jordan back in the game and get Thrash involved again. Stop messing around.

Any QB can be good if they have zero pressure. Louisville can’t generate pressure with just 4 that is pretty clear in the 3 games. That is going to be a problem at some point maybe today.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
That onside kick changed the momentum. After being up 21 and getting the ball to start the 2nd half, Brohm & Co. should have expected it. Out coached there. IU has owned the 3rd.

Need to regroup. Lets Go.
It's hard to tell if Brohm wasn't aware of the on side kick. The ball bounce perfectly into the arms of the IU player. There wasn't much a Cards defender could do. They couldn't sell out like it was the 4th quarter. It was just perfect.

We do not look good at all in the 2nd half and if the defense doesn’t make a stop we are in trouble.

Another key play goes against the Cards with the grounding penalty. And that 3rd down playcall was the first Satterfield type play from Brohm this season.

I don't know. Maybe this good fortune will continue for IU as it's starting to look like one of those fluky kind of games.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Nice 3 and out. IU did not get it off before the play clock expired, but whatever. Got the stop. I’d go run heavy here, eat clock.

Get the ball to Thrash. Coleman has dropped two big passes already. And run Jordan and maybe it's time for some serious misdirection that Brohm is known for?

Reactions: SpotHogCard
If it's not an instant throw, you know Plummer will not deliver. System guy. Ad lib is not his forte.

Have to question 3rd down playcall. Should have ran Jordan twice if needed. So close to FG range, we needed to try instead of throwing the ball away and punting.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Have to question 3rd down playcall. Should have ran Jordan twice if needed. So close to FG range, we needed to try instead of throwing the ball away and punting.
The reverse call was dumb. No need to get cute. Blew up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT