ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction for IU game

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
IU fans and some Cards fans are putting some stock in IU's loss to OSU. Since the Hoosiers didn't give up 50 points, this somehow suggests IU is much better than usual.

I watched most of that game and for me it showed more how OSU is not as good as they usually are. IU had only 158 total yards in that game. Both teams offensively looked like they have a lot of work to do.

OSU still should have scored more points but mistakes held them up as did the spotty QB play. IU couldn't muster much of anything.

IU then destroyed Indiana State much like how Louisville beat Murray state. Both games were like scrimmages.

Going into this game in Indy, both teams have something to prove. The Cards want to give IU a reason why they're scared to continue the series and IU wants to give some payback to Jeff Brohm who routinely beat the Hoosiers while at Purdue.

Louisville clearly has the better players on both sides of the ball as the 10 point line shows. If the Cards show up with a purpose which I believe Brohm will assure, they should take care of business.

I think Louisville will score early and often and take a 24 to 10 halftime lead. IU will close the gap a bit in the 3rd quarter but the Cards will put them away with 2 TD'S in the 4th quarter.

Louisville 41
Indiana 23

If we have made improvements to the run D, I think we can blow them out, if not it will be close.

IU plays balls control offense with a talented runner at QB. If Louisville’s contain defense is not disciplined, things could go poorly for the good guys. If -as we all hope- the defense is disciplined and stops the run it will still be a low scoring affair because IU will sit on the ball as much as they can. I predict 21-13 UL over IU.

Kind of hard to sit on the ball when you're down two TD's or more. Brohm owned IU while at Purdue. I just don't see why that won't continue now that he has a much more talented team.

If the Cards sleepwalk or come in overconfident, then IU can stay in the game. If the Cards come out ready to pounce the Hoosiers, I believe they will.

I believe that GT is better than IU. I think Brohm will not let any lethargic, half ass effort from any player and there's guys ready to show what they can do.

Louisville is hungry to prove they're a force, and I'm sure they know they still don't have a single vote from AP voters and only three in the coaches poll. They're going to take out that disrespect on the Hoosiers Saturday afternoon.

Why do you have a bad feeling? What worries you? IU hasn't been any good since Penix transferred to Washington. The Hoosiers don't have a high scoring offense or stingy defense. They're picked near the bottom in the Big 10. They are 10 point underdogs.

If I was worried it would have to mean I wasn't confident in Brohm motivating his team against an inferior opponent. That for IU to upset the Cards it would be due to the Cards bad play instead of IU's good play.

Is that the bad feeling you have? If so and you're right, Jeff Brohm will have some explaining to do.

On the contrary, I have a good vibe about this game. I think it will be Plummer's best performance so far and the Cards biggest issue will be how to spread out all the touches for the skill position players.

With IU now cancelling the rest of the series, I smell a route coming courtesy of Coach Brohm. He's going to have our team fired up for this one. Louisville wins 49-13

Ohio State has the 2 best receivers in the nation.

Against Indiana Egbuka had 3 catches for 16 yards. Harrison had 2 catches for 18 yards. So just assuming Brohm and our wideouts can just run all over them isn’t looking at what they’ve done. They are prepared to face tough wideouts like ours as they’ve played the best. Against a bad INdiana State they did hold them to 21 total yards passing

So they seem to have a good pass defense.

They have given up too many explosive plays. Ohio Staye rushed for 4.6 yards per carry. So this is a game we will have to establish the run.

I personally don’t know what to expect. They played an Ohio State defense that’s elite and a terrible Indiana State team. They’re a bit of a mystery on offense. They like to run the ball and that’s been a big issue the first 2 weeks. If it’s a glaring weakness, I could see this being a game we lose. If we do our jobs, i see a good win but closer than we’d like

Louisville 20
Indiana 9

Ohio State has the 2 best receivers in the nation.

Against Indiana Egbuka had 3 catches for 16 yards. Harrison had 2 catches for 18 yards. So just assuming Brohm and our wideouts can just run all over them isn’t looking at what they’ve done. They are prepared to face tough wideouts like ours as they’ve played the best. Against a bad INdiana State they did hold them to 21 total yards passing

So they seem to have a good pass defense.

They have given up too many explosive plays. Ohio Staye rushed for 4.6 yards per carry. So this is a game we will have to establish the run.

I personally don’t know what to expect. They played an Ohio State defense that’s elite and a terrible Indiana State team. They’re a bit of a mystery on offense. They like to run the ball and that’s been a big issue the first 2 weeks. If it’s a glaring weakness, I could see this being a game we lose. If we do our jobs, i see a good win but closer than we’d like

Louisville 20
Indiana 9

You're not taking into consideration OSU's QB. Receivers need the QB to attain stats.

I just find it strange that Cards fans are using that OSU game to gage how Louisville will fare against IU. If I had this little confidence in Louisville against a low level Big 10 team, I certainly wouldn't be expecting big things in year one of the Brohm era. I think we would win comfortably even if Satterfield was still here.

You're not taking into consideration OSU's QB. Receivers need the QB to attain stats.

I just find it strange that Cards fans are using that OSU game to gage how Louisville will fare against IU. If I had this little confidence in Louisville against a low level Big 10 team, I certainly wouldn't be expecting big things in year one of the Brohm era. I think we would win comfortably even if Satterfield was still here.
They’re a power 5 team. We’re probably upper middle P5 and they’re lower middle. It’s a game you can’t just show up and win. Are we better? Yes. But is the margin huge where we can just assume so? No.

It’s a game where if we hit on all cylinders and they’re flat it could get ugly, but it’s also one where we can really come out flat and get into a rock fight and lose. That’s the nature of things, we’re better but better doesn’t mean any game is easy at this level.

And are you saying OSUs QB is just awful and we have an All American? I mean Jack is really just an above average P5 QB.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Yes, Plummer is better than McCord. This is his 6th year to McCord's 3rd career start.

Obviously, college football games can be unpredictable, but for the most part when you're a 10 point favorite away from home, you're going to win comfortably.

I don't think it's an easy game. IU is motivated and confident. They're feeling good about not getting blown out by OSU.

But I maintain that Brohm is on a mission his first season at Louisville and he has so many better tools than IU. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. I think however we will see several reserves on the field in the 4th quarter for the Cards.

Yes, Plummer is better than McCord. This is his 6th year to McCord's 3rd career start.

Obviously, college football games can be unpredictable, but for the most part when you're a 10 point favorite away from home, you're going to win comfortably.

I don't think it's an easy game. IU is motivated and confident. They're feeling good about not getting blown out by OSU.

But I maintain that Brohm is on a mission his first season at Louisville and he has so many better tools than IU. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. I think however we will see several reserves on the field in the 4th quarter for the Cards.
I mean I think we win and better, but again that was he whole lead up to the GT game. Brohm’s back and let’s play football it’s gonna be easy.

Brohm’s history at Purdue was up and down, not just running through teams easily. He had some big wins and bad losses. Overall he was good, but Brohm’s results were really a wildcard rather than consistent performances.

Look at last year at Purdue. Barely skates by a terrible FAU team but then the next week goes on the road and beats a ranked Minnesota team. Or wins on the road against a ranked Illinois team, but then barely gets by a 1-11 Northwestern. That was his tenure and his history. It’s gonna be a wild ride.

Well, you have to remember what he had at Purdue. The talent level wasn't deep enough to avoid letdowns. It's why Purdue never really threatened to be a consistent top 20 team.

It's totally different at Louisville. There is just no reason for the team to be unfocused and not ready to play in game three. But if there is, unlike at Purdue, Brohm can go with talented reserves.

If Brohm has the same inconsistent struggles he had at Purdue, there's going to be a lot of upset Louisville fans. The GT game was just the first half of game one and the adjustments were made and the Cards ruled the second half.

That's what I think of when it comes to the GT game. Apparently, there are fans who are more focused on that first half.

I expect to see the second half Cards against IU.

Reactions: Mayoman
I think it is low scoring because of the new clock rules plus what Indiana likes to do on offense.

No idea, Vegas isn’t wrong very often so thinking 24-14 24-17 Louisville. It would surprise me if they lose. Not sure if Louisville can stop their running game.

IU's running game? What running game? I just don't get it. What am I missing? The Hoosiers by no means rushed all over Indiana State. They had a little over 200 yards and only 71 against OSU.

Now if they had a running game that would cause a Louisville fan to say he's not sure we can stop the run, wouldn't they have been somewhat successful even against a team like OSU?

IU has struggled at QB. They're still deciding between two inexperienced QB's. If they are not very successful throwing the ball against the Cards, they're going to be one dimensional and Cards will stuff the run.

It's IU who should be concerned about stopping the Cards rushing attack.

• Wow
IU plays balls control offense with a talented runner at QB. If Louisville’s contain defense is not disciplined, things could go poorly for the good guys. If -as we all hope- the defense is disciplined and stops the run it will still be a low scoring affair because IU will sit on the ball as much as they can. I predict 21-13 UL over IU.
100% my take too.

IU's running game? What running game? I just don't get it. What am I missing? The Hoosiers by no means rushed all over Indiana State. They had a little over 200 yards and only 71 against OSU.

Now if they had a running game that would cause a Louisville fan to say he's not sure we can stop the run, wouldn't they have been somewhat successful even against a team like OSU?

IU has struggled at QB. They're still deciding between two inexperienced QB's. If they are not very successful throwing the ball against the Cards, they're going to be one dimensional and Cards will stuff the run.

It's IU who should be concerned about stopping the Cards rushing attack.
You don’t have to have a ton of yardage to consume the running clock.

Again, why would a team stall the clock when they're down 2 TD's or more? You're assuming Louisville isn't going to score early and often. Why? Because of the OSU game?

Why is the line -10? Does Vegas not believe in IU's ball control game? Or do they believe that doesn't matter because Louisville's offense will make it not matter?

This game will be closer than Card fans will like it to be.
Cards 23 Hooshiers 20
A W is a W and lets move on forward full steam ahead. Next.
I agree. I'd be glad to be wrong, but I agree, imo, this game will be a close low scoring 1 possession game.

If IU tries to stop the run, Thrash will do his thing. IU tries to slow the pass game, Jordan will do his thing. Cards have too many playmakers. UofL by 14.

Again, why would a team stall the clock when they're down 2 TD's or more? You're assuming Louisville isn't going to score early and often. Why? Because of the OSU game?

Why is the line -10? Does Vegas not believe in IU's ball control game? Or do they believe that doesn't matter because Louisville's offense will make it not matter?
I think early in the year you really don’t know what you have or what another team has. IMO the only way Indiana wins the game is running the ball and controlling the clock. They will rely on their defense to keep them close. If Indiana converts enough 3rd downs and stops Louisville enough on 3rd downs then it is going to speed up the game limiting Louisville’s possessions. Never can predict turnovers either.

Vegas is usually right with the line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT