ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Notre Dame

If we had not laid down in the 1st qtr - who knows.
That’s been the issue all year. Sometimes it’s a slow start, sometimes it’s a lapse in the second, third or fourth quarter. It’s always something. Bad passes, poor rebounding, poor shooting or shot selection, and now free throws. All have been problematic at times. Very frustrating and I’m sure it’s more so for Walz and his staff. They’ve been their own worst enemy. Only If.

Just finished the game.
1. Refs dictated how this game was going to go from the get-go. Notre Lame playing physical and not getting called for anything.
2. Our offense is not very goo
-Terrible passing
-Questionable shot selection
-Terrible ball handling
3. Love the fight in that they didn’t quit.
4. Love CJW.

That’s why I think we are running the wrong offense with this group. I think a faster pace tempo before the defense sets up is best. Turnovers and missed free throws are another issue. I don’t know how you correct the bad turnovers. I don’t know if it is a lack of focus or basketball IQ. In regards to free throws you can take care of that in practice.

Reactions: UofLouisville
There is no way to put lipstick on 20 turnovers and make it look good. Against a team that plays d like ND I don't see a downside to pushing it.

Reactions: rh62531
FT% all season was really great. Many wheels have been woobling for about two weeks.

Your right. The last couple of weeks have been tough. Hopefully the break until tournament starts CJW can tighten up things a bit.

Reactions: vivid_red
The loss at Syracuse affected this UL WBB team in two ways; first, it removed any chance of finishing the regular season with the double-bye if ACC tournament. Secondly, it appears that it took a lot of momentum away from the team as a whole, which explains the unexpected loss at home to UVA.

No doubt the TOs and inability to score for extended periods explains how UL lost yesterday, but the 4th quarter rally was based on Curry taking offensive ownership ……something that HVL was able to do at times last year.

Kiki Jefferson obviously quit on thIs team, and CJW sent a strong message by sitting her ass on the bench. It will be interesting to see if Jeff can get her and Rickards to put aside whatever negativity prompted their decision to lose focus, and re-engage.

Reactions: vivid_red
Weird what is going on with her. She’s just off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT