ADVERTISEMENT

YOU are the AD...

You got to submit 3 names to the BoT of possible coaching candidates, who ya got?
Here is mine:

1) Jeff Brohm [Purdue HC] - local ties, former QB, former Asst
2) Scott Linehan [Dallas OC] - he coached here before, dont know if he would be interested but worth a shot even if only for a few years
3) Lane Kiffin [FAU HC] - just because

What about Charle Strong...they are 4-0 and beat Georgia Tech and Illinois.

What about Charle Strong...they are 4-0 and beat Georgia Tech and Illinois.

To be consistent, HELL NO !
Didn't want Petrino back.
Dont want Strong back.

I do think if Strong was coach , this team would be 4-2 or 5-1.

Who’s holding that against JB? I’m pointing out historical evidence why he would be able to recruit better at UofL than purdue.

The ONLY reason he would recruit better at Louisville is due to the slimy boosters who pay the players. See Pitino if you can't remember.

I think Mack's current buyout is about $30 million. Jeff Brohm's is $25 million.

Petrino's is $12 million

As usual, looks like Jurich knew what he was doing...

Not quite...

As frequently happens here, the above contains at least one "alternative fact"... Jeff Brohm's buyout is $4.4 million until 12/05/18, then it goes down to $3.3 million (and continues going down almost yearly after that), plus the remaining payback on a $900,000 interest-free loan that goes down $150,000 per year. So that means his buyout is a total of about $4 million immediately after 12/05/18. This is pretty widely available information. Still a lot of money, but not $25 million.

Even though Jurich did a lot of great things here, let's not pretend that he didn't make any mistakes. Petrino's considerable buyout is one of them.

Reactions: wilkie01
Not quite...

As frequently happens here, the above contains at least one "alternative fact"... Jeff Brohm's buyout is $4.4 million until 12/05/18, then it goes down to $3.3 million (and continues going down almost yearly after that), plus the remaining payback on a $900,000 interest-free loan that goes down $150,000 per year. So that means his buyout is a total of about $4 million immediately after 12/05/18. This is pretty widely available information. Still a lot of money, but not $25 million.

Even though Jurich did a lot of great things here, let's not pretend that he didn't make any mistakes. Petrino's considerable buyout is one of them.
There are two different "buyouts" here...

One is the coach leaving on his own. That's the 4.4/3.3 number you're referencing, and it would be money paid to Purdue. The other is the coach leaving involuntarily, i.e., fired. That's the much larger amount that, in Brohm's case, is the remaining money he's owed if the contract ran to full term. For Brohm, it's about $25 million after the first year. And presumably, Purdue would just pay him annually is if he was still coaching...

The ONLY reason he would recruit better at Louisville is due to the slimy boosters who pay the players. See Pitino if you can't remember.
Clearly you have a reading comprehension problem patty, it was the slimy coaches - AAU and otherwise - and the shoe company that “allegedly” paid player(s). Not the boosters. Plus that’s related to football recruiting how?

What a dumb POS you are. Good luck with whatever loser purdue hires after Brohm comes back home.

Clearly you have a reading comprehension problem patty, it was the slimy coaches - AAU and otherwise - and the shoe company that “allegedly” paid player(s). Not the boosters. Plus that’s related to football recruiting how?

What a dumb POS you are. Good luck with whatever loser purdue hires after Brohm comes back home.

Again, how could UL make it work financially to fire Petrino and bring Brohm in? I’d love to hear that explanation.

Again, how could UL make it work financially to fire Petrino and bring Brohm in? I’d love to hear that explanation.
Well first - they’d agree in principle to a deal with Brohm. Smart money says that process has already started. Then, they’d terminate Petrino and pay him his buyout. Brohm will sit on a dais with his family and make a great speech about how he’s unbelievably happy for them to be home and to be the HC of his alma mater. Lastly UofL fans will feast on your salty tears.

Your welcome.

Well first - they’d agree in principle to a deal with Brohm. Smart money says that process has already started. Then, they’d terminate Petrino and pay him his buyout. Brohm will sit on a dais with his family and make a great speech about how he’s unbelievably happy for them to be home and to be the HC of his alma mater. Lastly UofL fans will feast on your salty tears.

Your welcome.

Lol. Where is all of that money going to come from? Your AD isn’t exactly in great shape right now.

giphy.gif

One is the coach leaving on his own. That's the 4.4/3.3 number you're referencing, and it would be money paid to Purdue. The other is the coach leaving involuntarily, i.e., fired. That's the much larger amount that, in Brohm's case, is the remaining money he's owed if the contract ran to full term. For Brohm, it's about $25 million after the first year. And presumably, Purdue would just pay him annually is if he was still c

Thanks for the correction.

Reactions: zipp
I think booby knight quote about “relax(ing) and enjoy(ing)” inevitability probably describes purdoo’s situation pretty well.

You guys know it - that’s why there’s six threads on your football board about UofL - lol.

Reactions: Deeva

Your welcome.

"Salty tears"

Dayum :eek:

Reactions: BPGhost and Deeva

Your welcome.

LMFAO....

They’re not laughing on the purdoo board about it. They’re debating the inevitability.

I think most of the Purdue fans realize it’s quite unlikely that UL can make it happen. Are you looking at the free board or the premium board?

I see 2 or 3 threads not 6 lol.

I think most of the Purdue fans realize it’s quite unlikely that UL can make it happen. Are you looking at the free board or the premium board?

When UofL monied folks want something to happen, the money will be taken care of.

Reactions: BPGhost
Most of the people who want to feel uber-optimistic about U of L's future are in a cloud about our money situation. And it's a long way to earth from the clouds...

Your welcome.
Well, said. We have to get Brohm here for 2019. Bobby Petrino is slowly destroying our football program.

Same thing can be said at Purdue. Plenty of deep pockets.

I don’t dispute that. Bottom line is that UofL can offer as much monetarily as Purdue. I’ve been told by a few people that are usually reliable that Brohm would leave Purdue for Louisville. It’s not a knock on Purdue. His ties to UofL are just uniquely strong.

Most of the people who want to feel uber-optimistic about U of L's future are in a cloud about our money situation. And it's a long way to earth from the clouds...
Zipp - why is it that you feel like you’re the only one that has an accurate idea about Louisville’s money situation? I would also say that making a change in the football coach does not require an uber-optimistic opinion. Now if you were talking about something huge like expanding the football stadium...

Oops.

Reactions: HRTheCard
I don’t dispute that. Bottom line is that UofL can offer as much monetarily as Purdue. I’ve been told by a few people that are usually reliable that Brohm would leave Purdue for Louisville. It’s not a knock on Purdue. His ties to UofL are just uniquely strong.

I heard from my neighbor's daughter's boyfriend who lives next to Oscar's dog walker that Oscar told his veterinarian that Jeff would go to Louisville for less money than Purdue. How can you dispute that reliable of information?

I heard from my neighbor's daughter's boyfriend who lives next to Oscar's dog walker that Oscar told his veterinarian that Jeff would go to Louisville for less money than Purdue. How can you dispute that reliable of information?
Lol - dude you wouldn’t be on here saying the dumb shit that you’re saying if you didn’t know the possibility of JB leaving you for us was real.

Btw - I heard it directly from one of Oscar’s lifelong friends, who was told by Oscar himself, at lunch a week and a half ago. He’s not coming for less though - that’s just another dumbass thing coming from you.

Lol - dude you wouldn’t be on here saying the dumb shit that you’re saying if you didn’t know the possibility of JB leaving you for us was real.

Btw - I heard it directly from one of Oscar’s lifelong friends, who was told by Oscar himself, at lunch a week and a half ago. He’s not coming for less though - that’s just another dumbass thing coming from you.

Message board expert you are...

Would love to see Brohm here but I kinda agree with Zipp. Money ain't growing on trees and we probably spent a lot of it on our recent troubles. We lost donors too.

Buyouts can be negotiated but that would mean both Bobby's and Jeffs. I just don't think we got that kind of bargaining power right now.

Reactions: zipp
Zipp - why is it that you feel like you’re the only one that has an accurate idea about Louisville’s money situation? I would also say that making a change in the football coach does not require an uber-optimistic opinion. Now if you were talking about something huge like expanding the football stadium...

Oops.
I never said anything close to "I'm the only one." Where does that idea come from?

I said a majority of uber-optimistic fans. If the UO fans were 20% and the majority was 3/4s, that leaves 85% of the fanbase who likely or may know how bad our financial situation is. IOW, I probably have plenty of company. If I lost you with the math there, let me know.

Now you might ask why did I raise the point about what may be 15% of the fanbase? Because many times, they try to do 85% of the talking.

As far as raising money for one reason or another. you had the Juriches who were arguably among the best in the biz doing that for a stadium expansion. They communicated that optimism pretty well and multiple times over the last 20 years. Their successor is a greenhorn...

I never said anything close to "I'm the only one." Where does that idea come from?

As far as raising money for one reason or another. you had the Juriches who were arguably among the best in the biz doing that for a stadium expansion. They communicated that optimism pretty well and multiple times over the last 20 years. Their successor is a greenhorn...
Fortunately Tyra has a compelling product to sell in Brohm and I’ll bet, a willing consumer base. Thanks for your concern on the math - if I need you to dumb things down, I’ll be sure to tell you.

Fortunately Tyra has a compelling product to sell in Brohm and I’ll bet, a willing consumer base. Thanks for your concern on the math - if I need you to dumb things down, I’ll be sure to tell you.
I just don't understand how your math--"only one"--was that far off...

Premium - and there are six. Most purdoo fans are in a willful state of denial about the situation and are making rationalizations that aren’t based on any specific knowledge.

It happens.

ADVERTISEMENT