ADVERTISEMENT

YOU are the AD...

Premium - and there are six. Most purdoo fans are in a willful state of denial about the situation and are making rationalizations that aren’t based on any specific knowledge.

It happens.

Hardly. I think most of us laugh at the delusion of fans like who assume Brohm to UL is inevitable. It’s funny to read some of the posts here to be honest. I’m not even convinced Petrino will be fired this year.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
They’re not laughing on the purdoo board about it. They’re debating the inevitability.

I stopped by to see what the U of L fans were thinking about the Brohm possibility and just keep laughing at this guy.

UL would have to scratch together about $20M to make that happen, and all you can say is that “it will get worked out”?

If there’s any school in America that shouldn’t be sinking another $20M into a coaching change it’s UL.

Brohm might very well want to go to UL, but I doubt he will take a pay cut to do that.

Also, to an earlier comment about how he’d get paid more at UL... that’s doubtful. The B10 has been d
Well first - they’d agree in principle to a deal with Brohm. Smart money says that process has already started. Then, they’d terminate Petrino and pay him his buyout. Brohm will sit on a dais with his family and make a great speech about how he’s unbelievably happy for them to be home and to be the HC of his alma mater. Lastly UofL fans will feast on your salty tears.

Your welcome.

Lol... the “smart money” says that? Glad I stopped by.

Hardly. I think most of us laugh at the delusion of fans like who assume Brohm to UL is inevitable. It’s funny to read some of the posts here to be honest. I’m not even convinced Petrino will be fired this year.

Delusion ?

HE HAS TOLD UofL ADMINISTRATORS THAT HE WOULD TAKE THE JOB.

HE GOT INTO COACHING TO ONE DAY BE THE COACH AT UofL.

The delusion is on YOUR PART.

I await the day you have crap on your face when he dons the Red and Black hat......

Reactions: BPGhost
Ok - I’ll rephrase. Why do you think you know more about the financial situation at UofL than, say I do?
I don't think I do. Quite honestly, I don't recall what your opinion is on that subject. And that's true of most individual posters and issues here unless/until they go on rants that I get to hear repeatedly.

When you come to an issue with an opinion grounded in facts or evidence, I like to study it. And we have a few posters who do that consistently, a guy like Guardman on the premium site. He and I don't always agree, but we get along very well because he has an approach to an issue that I respect. He's earned that from me, and you shouldn't get respect by default.

Hope that clarifies things...

$20 million is a stretch Purdue fans don't need to make... U of L can't afford half that amount currently without raiding MORE piggy banks.

The biggest thing working against Petrino has less to do with his performance and more to do with our fanboy AD who's his boss. That guy would probably love the opportunity to bring in another department heavyweight who supports him. And that works in favor of those who want Petrino gone.

We also don't know how Purdue's gonna finish the year. The latest ESPN FPI predicts the Boilers to now go 5-7, which is not gonna win Brohm more supporters or an even larger contract.

It's an interesting give-and-take, but if I were handicapping %s, I'd say there's a 20% chance Petrino is gone after this year and only a 10% chance that Brohm is his replacement...

Delusion ?

HE HAS TOLD UofL ADMINISTRATORS THAT HE WOULD TAKE THE JOB.

HE GOT INTO COACHING TO ONE DAY BE THE COACH AT UofL.

The delusion is on YOUR PART.

I await the day you have crap on your face when he dons the Red and Black hat......

You actually think there’s a legit chance he becomes UL’s coach next year? That’s delusion and then some.

Where did I say that it was inevitable? I’ve merely stated that given the current multiple factors - of which W/L are only one component - playing out at Louisville with respect to Petrino, that it is quite possible. Throw in that JB is not entrenched at purdoo (and that it’s purdoo to begin with), UofL is a better job with better facilities and then add all of the other intangibles that purdoo cant match - I’d say there is a clear path for him to get here sooner rather than later.

Again, I get that you don’t feel similarly - but most of that’s based on ignorance - so we’ll give you a pass.

I stopped by to see what the U of L fans were thinking about the Brohm possibility and just keep laughing at this guy.

UL would have to scratch together about $20M to make that happen, and all you can say is that “it will get worked out”?

If there’s any school in America that shouldn’t be sinking another $20M into a coaching change it’s UL.

Brohm might very well want to go to UL, but I doubt he will take a pay cut to do that.

Also, to an earlier comment about how he’d get paid more at UL... that’s doubtful. The B10 has been d

Lol... the “smart money” says that? Glad I stopped by.
You have zero idea what Louisville’s ability to make a change is - you’re merely hoping that’s the case because you realize it might be the only thing that would allow purdoo to keep JB. I’m not saying for a second he’d take less but if you think that it would come down to money - you don’t understand Brohm at all.

Where did I say that it was inevitable? I’ve merely stated that given the current multiple factors - of which W/L are only one component - playing out at Louisville with respect to Petrino, that it is quite possible. Throw in that JB is not entrenched at purdoo (and that it’s purdoo to begin with), UofL is a better job with better facilities and then add all of the other intangibles that purdoo cant match - I’d say there is a clear path for him to get here sooner rather than later.

Again, I get that you don’t feel similarly - but most of that’s based on ignorance - so we’ll give you a pass.

You do realize UL’s history isn’t much different than Purdue’s right? Similar winning percentages historically. Not like UL is clearly a step above Purdue. They’re not. It’d be a lateral move for Brohm.

You do realize UL’s history isn’t much different than Purdue’s right? Similar winning percentages historically. Not like UL is clearly a step above Purdue. They’re not. It’d be a lateral move for Brohm.
Your last sentence just shows how completely out of touch you are with this situation.

Reactions: HRTheCard
There are two different "buyouts" here...

One is the coach leaving on his own. That's the 4.4/3.3 number you're referencing, and it would be money paid to Purdue. The other is the coach leaving involuntarily, i.e., fired. That's the much larger amount that, in Brohm's case, is the remaining money he's owed if the contract ran to full term. For Brohm, it's about $25 million after the first year. And presumably, Purdue would just pay him annually is if he was still coaching...
So we would wait for Jeff to be fired? I don’t get your logic. If he were to come next year, it would be the 4 mil buyout.

So we would wait for Jeff to be fired? I don’t get your logic. If he were to come next year, it would be the 4 mil buyout.
The guy was confusing Brohm's buyouts. If he came here voluntarily before December 2018, his Purdue buyout would be $4 million. We would save a million after that date.

That's on top of Petrino's money...

Your last sentence just shows how completely out of touch you are with this situation.
I'm afraid the Boiler guy is gonna be right in a couple more years. We're headed toward P5 middle class, driven primarily by money or lack thereof.

In a couple years for sure, the U of L job will be a lateral move from Purdue. The only reason Jeff would make that move--and that ain't guaranteed--are his U of L connections...

I'm afraid the Boiler guy is gonna be right in a couple more years. We're headed toward P5 middle class, driven primarily by money or lack thereof.

In a couple years for sure, the U of L job will be a lateral move from Purdue. The only reason Jeff would make that move--and that ain't guaranteed--are his U of L connections...
You could’ve stopped your post after the first two words...

You could’ve stopped your post after the first two words...
That's an expression. "Predict" may have been the better term.

I'm not one to fear anything in this world, certainly not U of L related...

That's an expression. "Predict" may have been the better term.

I'm not one to fear anything in this world, certainly not U of L related...
False.

With as much time and effort as you’ve put into it - you’re afraid Tyra will be successful. You’re afraid that his success might take some of the luster off of TJ’s tenure.

It won’t.

You’re a good dude and there’s no question that you care about UofL - that’s why I came up and introduced myself last year at the YUM - but IMO you’re confusing your unhappiness with what occurred in the last year with “keeping it real”.

I won’t presume to tell you how to be a fan - I can only say that the constant negativity isn’t productive on any level.

Just saying is all.

Reactions: EKYCard643
I think if he writes in CAPS, we're supposed to be convinced... :p

Unlike what Ghost said as of today, youre not a good fan of UofL youre a Pitino/Jurich fan.

That clouds your judgements, thus wise you can pat the Purdue lurkers on the head with your false bravado and shtick.

These whiny Purdue posters are over here for a reason. The end of Petrino is nigh.

As i previously stated, you were wrong about the Arena, clown Pitino, Jurich, Petrino, Mack and Tyra.

Do me a favor. Please go to the press conference when Brohm is hired as the next UofL coach. I want to see the look on your face when Tyra shakes Jeff's hand......

False.

With as much time and effort as you’ve put into it - you’re afraid Tyra will be successful...
Tyra's already sealed his fate. It's theoretically possible that he could pull off a miracle. Maybe Mack wins the national championship next year.

But I'll take the much shorter odds that pictures with other clowns like Maddie Bangs are just the tip of the iceberg. He has no clue how to run a program like Louisville esp. considering how there are natural factors working against us. It will be a slow grind down until it's obvious to everyone where we were and where we are.

Like most things, if you're right, time is on your side. I have no problem if this train wreck is in slow motion...

Unlike what Ghost said as of today, youre not a good fan of UofL youre a Pitino/Jurich fan...
Again with the fan card check. At least I've seen Ghost at a game. Let me know when you wanna run into me at one. God willing, I'll give you many opportunities...

Tyra's already sealed his fate. It's theoretically possible that he could pull off a miracle. Maybe Mack wins the national championship next year.

But I'll take the much shorter odds that pictures with other clowns like Maddie Bangs are just the tip of the iceberg. He has no clue how to run a program like Louisville esp. considering how there are natural factors working against us. It will be a slow grind down until it's obvious to everyone where we were and where we are.

Like most things, if you're right, time is on your side. I have no problem if this train wreck is in slow motion...
Again - BIG TJ fan here but, how exactly has Tyra “sealed his fate”? Did he deserve to sit in the chair? No, but he’s there now and you (the royal you) can stomp your feet and rail about how unfair it is from now until the next AD or, you can take a step back and let the process play out and then make a credibile evaluation.

There aren’t any miracles here - and there wouldn’t be if TJ was still in charge. There’s only the slow climb back to where things were. Like Brett Kavanagh - I’m a keg half full guy when it comes to that.

Again - BIG TJ fan here but, how exactly has Tyra “sealed his fate”? Did he deserve to sit in the chair? No, but he’s there now and you (the royal you) can stomp your feet and rail about how unfair it is from now until the next AD or, you can take a step back and let the process play out and then make a credibile evaluation.

There aren’t any miracles here - and there wouldn’t be if TJ was still in charge. There’s only the slow climb back to where things were. Like Brett Kavanagh - I’m a keg half full guy when it comes to that.
Basically, he's confirmed suspicions about him... People were saying "well maybe he's not like the other clowns". And he's spotted fraternizing with Pizza Guy and Maddie. He's now NOT a "good friend" of the Juriches. There's dissension in the ranks. Money is scarce, and he's budgeting there will be less of it.

He puts on a good face and appeals to millennials. He shoots baskets and dons jerseys. He introduces someone and takes most of the airtime talking himself. But he's not in it for the job or himself, so he says. People who look at him suspiciously get their suspicions confirmed, and it doesn't take much effort.

But hey, he could still beat the odds against him. Stupes is having a great season so far. In America, anyone can be successful despite himself...

Basically, he's confirmed suspicions about him... People were saying "well maybe he's not like the other clowns". And he's spotted fraternizing with Pizza Guy and Maddie. He's now NOT a "good friend" of the Juriches. There's dissension in the ranks. Money is scarce, and he's budgeting there will be less of it.

He puts on a good face and appeals to millennials. He shoots baskets and dons jerseys. He introduces someone and takes most of the airtime talking himself. But he's not in it for the job or himself, so he says. People who look at him suspiciously get their suspicions confirmed, and it doesn't take much effort.

But hey, he could still beat the odds against him. Stupes is having a great season so far. In America, anyone can be successful despite himself...

Lol. My god your hatred of Tyra is bizarre.

Louisville, the train wreck, is a better job with better facilities? Hardly. Purdue plays in the Big Ten son. They get lots of Big Ten network $. They've invested heavily in their facilities and continue to do so. They have a real President and AD. Louisville will never win the ACC Atlantic with FSU and Clemson there. Purdue just has to outplay Nebraska and Wisconsin to win the West. Louisville is nothing more than a commuter school with Papa John and Yum money. Purdue's a worldwide recognized premier engineering school and research center. I hate to tell you this, but if Brohm leaves Purdue, it won't be for Louisville. It will be for a big time football program.

Louisville, the train wreck, is a better job with better facilities? Hardly. Purdue plays in the Big Ten son. They get lots of Big Ten network $. They've invested heavily in their facilities and continue to do so. They have a real President and AD. Louisville will never win the ACC Atlantic with FSU and Clemson there. Purdue just has to outplay Nebraska and Wisconsin to win the West. Louisville is nothing more than a commuter school with Papa John and Yum money. Purdue's a worldwide recognized premier engineering school and research center. I hate to tell you this, but if Brohm leaves Purdue, it won't be for Louisville. It will be for a big time football program.

Mods dont delete this, pin this stupid post by this stupid SOB.

Its come from Brohms own mouth thats he wants to coach at his alma mater, but these a##holes from that prestigious academic school cant comprehend that.

Hopefully compensation for Brohm will be a mandatory home and home with Purdue so UofL can kick their ass.

Effin idiots

Simmer down young Pat. Perhaps go take a walk through those picturesque wind turbine farms around W Lafayette

Lol - purdoo plays in the big ten like kentucky plays in the sec. Luckily Indiana and Vandy exist - otherwise...

purdoo’s winning percentage against Nebraska and Wisconsin is .347 - including a losing record against Nebraska since they’ve joined and they’ve been simply terrible during that stretch. When exactly is purdoo going to beat both of those teams in a season?

They had better spend more of that big ten welfare money they get on facilities if they want to start sniffing Louisville’s. And I’m curious, if the president and AD of your world class university are so “real” why can’t they attract and retain great coaches? Maybe those aren’t the important factors that you think they are - lol. I get it though - you don’t have anything else to sell.

You might know purdoo - but you sure as hell don’t know Brohm. Later B.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
You’d better just focus on beating the hosers. “Just” beating Nebraska (easy this year) and Wisconsin (not easy) plus Minnesota is resurgent and Iowa is tough. Then, if you get to the CCG, you get crushed by tOSU, PSU, Mich, MSU, fill in the blank.

Lol - purdoo plays in the big ten like kentucky plays in the sec. Luckily Indiana and Vandy exist - otherwise...

purdoo’s winning percentage against Nebraska and Wisconsin is .347 - including a losing record against Nebraska since they’ve joined and they’ve been simply terrible during that stretch. When exactly is purdoo going to beat both of those teams in a season?

They had better spend more of that big ten welfare money they get on facilities if they want to start sniffing Louisville’s. And I’m curious, if the president and AD of your world class university are so “real” why can’t they attract and retain great coaches? Maybe those aren’t the important factors that you think they are - lol. I get it though - you don’t have anything else to sell.

Louisville football vs top tier ACC teams:
vs Clemson 0-4
vs FSU 4-15
vs Miami 3-9
vs VT 2-5

Remind me again why Louisville has a better program? Yeah, they won alot of games in the Conf USA, Big East, etc when they were a group of five team. Now when they play with the big boys, if you want to call the ACC that, not so much...

And Petrino shouldn't be fired this year. But people will yell FARRRRRRRRR THAT PERTRINA anyway because of short memories, crystal balls, and a budget apparently funded with monopoly money.

Reactions: zipp

There’s a decent chance they beat Wisconsin and Nebraska this year. Attract and retain great coaches? Lol. The AD has been at Purdue for 2 years and the president has been there for 5. The two of them plus the chairman of the board were instrumental in getting Brohm to Purdue. No idea what you’re talking about there. Saying Purdue doesn’t have anything else to sell is laughable. You really want to compare what Purdue has to sell versus Louisville? Lol. Purdue has plenty to sell.

Reactions: purduepat1969
So now in the midst of our dumpster fire situation we are fighting with random Purdue guys.

Lots of posters are going to be eating crow when we hit the off season.

I got to admit I have no idea who will be eating it, I just don't see how so many people know the future.

#Needing Power Ball #'s.

Thx

Louisville recruiting ranking for the last 5 years is 32nd - not exactly sure where Purdue’s is because Rivals only listed the top 50 programs. So, not really a debate there.

Right, but what is the average class ranking of the Big Ten West teams v. ACC Atlantic?

How good you can recruit is relative to what the recruiting ceilings are of the teams you have to play. MD has improved their recruiting under DJD. But they still aren't even close to Michigan or Ohio State, and Penn State is pulling away as well. A Top 25 class still probably doesn't give you a chance to win the Big Ten East consistently.
When FSU gets it going, what level do you have to recruit at to consistently beat Clemson or FSU? And then throw in an NC State team that will also probably be recruiting at that level. It's a tough job.

Whereas the highest ranking Big Ten West team in the 247 Team Talent list is Nebraska at 26. It's a division void of talent. And so good coaching and okay recruiting is going to go a lot further.

ADVERTISEMENT