ADVERTISEMENT

What are the odds we have to have open tryouts?

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
i believe we can have 13 players on a team (12 maybe?), and you need that many for good practices, and have seen in the past where grad assistants have had to be called into service, so it makes me think there's a good chance that maybe we cannot get 9 more kids. you;d think the portal should be to get a few just because of NIL $, and maybe you can even have a few kids who directly reach out and ask if there's any $ if he left his current school (we can't call them o/w it's tampering), but i'd think there could be a few kids who might see we're short players and put a feeler out to see if it's possible to do a late transfer. will be curious to see how many players we have in the fall and how long it takes to fully fill out the roster. kinda feels like two years ago but with more optimism because it's a complete overhaul, no leftover from previous coaches. go cards and go CPK!!!

Still seems odd to me that Mike James, Caleb Glenn and Ty-Laur have not landed anywhere yet. I think all three of these would be/could be useful in CPK’s program. Anyone know if they’re still in town and working out at the gym?

Kelsey said he hopes to have most of the roster solidified by the end of May, but they can still add players over the summer months.

Cards still have a lot of spots to fill but there's also still some time to do it.

It seems like I read last year that almost half of the players who entered the portal didn't find destinations. What that means for us, I think, is that we will eventually fill out our roster through the portal. Whether they can all play at the ACC level remains to be seen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT