ADVERTISEMENT

Wasn't the popular narrative that U of L football coaches?...

So Jurich gave the $14 million buyout with no intention of ever paying it if things went south? Brilliant.
You saying Jurich never faced big stakes in two decades? Seriously?

He simply never sold the ranch like this guy's willing to do...

You "forgot" to include the bit about extrapolation being nothing more than a hypothesis or an educated guess. As every taco college data professor should know, extrapolations (and interpolation as well) are made by taking facts and observations about a present or known situation and using them to make a prediction about what might eventually happen and or, using those facts to estimate hypothetical values for those variables based on other observations.

Extrapolation (particularly your attempts) makes the assumption (without basis) that the observed trend would continue - which is often not be the case. I.e. - that TJ might or would have handled a situation in a certain way based on ways that he had handled previous situations. Given that external factors are always changing there is no way to know for certain - leaving only hypothesis.

Honestly, I'm not sure why you would take more comfort in believing that your agenda is extrapolation rather than hypothetical - particularly as it equates to the same level of bullshit however you attempt to define it. :)

Lol - "inference".
You hypothesize based on nothing (AKA "Vince"). I extrapolate based on evidence.

Not understanding that difference is YOUR problem.
You are giving him a dose, so all good.
A dose of bull$hit? Yep, that's what he's got--as usual...

You hypothesize based on nothing (AKA "Vince"). I extrapolate based on evidence.

Not understanding that difference is YOUR problem.
Other than extrapolating how (based upon the existing ample evidence of the replies to your childish agenda) unpopular you are on this board into how many dislikes you would have “bagged” if they were a thing - I’m not in the hypothesis business.

That’s your lane.

I don’t deal in “what if’s”. We’re I to, it would be more in the “what if ‘zipp’ wasn’t such an annoying and terrible poster”?

Other than extrapolating how (based upon the existing ample evidence of the replies to your childish agenda) unpopular you are on this board into how many dislikes you would have “bagged” if they were a thing - I’m not in the hypothesis business.

That’s your lane.

I don’t deal in “what if’s”. We’re I to, it would be more in the “what if ‘zipp’ wasn’t such an annoying and terrible poster”?
You're one of the clowns saying Jurich couldn't have dug outta the hole "Vince" has dug for himself. Not only is that a hypothetical, it flies in the face of evidence to the contrary about Jurich.

That's your style...

You're one of the clowns saying Jurich couldn't have dug outta the hole "Vince" has dug for himself. Not only is that a hypothetical, it flies in the face of evidence to the contrary about Jurich.

That's your style...
If that is true, there should be ample posts of mine for you to cut and paste proving your assertion. Feel free to climb out of your coffin after midnight tonight and get to work on backing your statement up with some facts.

Oops, that’s not your style...

Only a fool debates history. Find me ONE example.

Two million
One million
Two million

Those aren't examples...
Crum’s buyout / severance was actually seven million - two in buyout and five in “consulting fees”.

Or $10,080,000 in today’s dollars.

Reactions: teamcanada

That's your style...
Vince didn't dig the hole- Jurich did.

Only a fool debates history. Find me ONE example.

Two million
One million
Two million

Those aren't examples...
They are examples of 1) Jurich firing a coach, and 2) Jurich honoring a contract. The argument that X didn’t happen before, therefore it would not have happened in the future” is just silly. You still cannot explain how Jurich would have broken a contract. As I have said before, he doesn’t know Jedi mind tricks. Bobby wasn’t going away for a dollar less than his contract called for.

They are examples of 1) Jurich firing a coach, and 2) Jurich honoring a contract. The argument that X didn’t happen before, therefore it would not have happened in the future” is just silly. You still cannot explain how Jurich would have broken a contract. As I have said before, he doesn’t know Jedi mind tricks. Bobby wasn’t going away for a dollar less than his contract called for.

It’s not nice of you to dump on “Zipp”’s narrative by using facts.

Reactions: teamcanada
If that is true, there should be ample posts of mine for you to cut and paste proving your assertion. Feel free to climb out of your coffin after midnight tonight and get to work on backing your statement up with some facts.

Oops, that’s not your style...
OK, you were just an idiot this time. Nice recovery...

Vince didn't dig the hole- Jurich did.
Let me clarify then...

Any holes Jurich dug, the facts show he got out of just fine on his own.

That doesn't apply to the clowns trying to accomplish the same thing. Maybe they should have thought of that before railroading him...

There are no mind tricks, just lack of comprehension.

Money matters, as in the $14 million that "Vince" casually forked over. Of course, it wasn't money he earned; he's just great at spending it.
It’s not nice of you to dump on “Zipp”’s narrative by using facts.
Irrelevant facts...

Last edited:
Crum’s buyout / severance was actually seven million - two in buyout and five in “consulting fees”.

Or $10,080,000 in today’s dollars.
Crum was paid a salary to continue employment. That part's not a buyout--U of L received something for those services.

But if you wanna count it, make sure to net off the money Crum generated while fundraising the last 15+ years...

There are no mind tracks, just lack of comprehension.

Money matters, as in the $14 million that "Vince" casually forked over. Of course, it wasn't money he earned; he's just great at spending it.

Irrelevant facts...

Nope! Completely relevant to the argument you tried to make, but failed!

Nope! Completely relevant to the argument you tried to make, but failed!
No, I asked for examples of where Jurich had to pay anything close to $14 million to get rid of a problem. What I got as "facts" were nickels and dimes from a new regime apologist. Typical...

Last edited:
Or let's put those "facts" in this perspective...

They totaled $5 million, or about one-third of Petrino's buyout paid by "Vince". So in his two decades in the job, Jurich paid one-third in buyout money that "Vince" paid in his one year-plus in the job.

Thanks for THAT fact...

No, I asked for examples of where Jurich had to pay anything close to $14 million to get rid of problem. What I got as "facts" were nickels and dimes from a new regime apologist. Typical...
That's a circular argument based on conjecture. The $14 million buyout was Jurich's doing but you want to argue he wouldn't have honored the contract he signed.

That's a circular argument based on conjecture. The $14 million buyout was Jurich's doing but you want to argue he wouldn't have honored the contract he signed.
My argument is a fact...he never got the chance. And that he never paid anything close to that for any other issue/problem, another fact.

I also claim that the clowns didn't take stock of how precarious their athletics situation was when they canned Jurich. I think they were clueless, but that's opinion and speculation on my part...

Crum was paid a salary to continue employment. That part's not a buyout--U of L received something for those services.

But if you wanna count it, make sure to net off the money Crum generated while fundraising the last 15+ years...
DC was given that “consultant” gig as a way for everyone to feel better about his ouster. And that doesn’t count the extra 5.7 million he received from the Foundation from 2010 to 2017.

The only money I see that was generated by him was for the DC scholarships - of which (again according to the audit) gave out 600K in its 15 year history.

Or let's put those "facts" in this perspective...

They totaled $5 million, or about one-third of Petrino's buyout paid by "Vince". So in his two decades in the job, Jurich paid one-third in buyout money that "Vince" paid in his one year-plus in the job.

Thanks for THAT fact...
Umm, what about that extra 4M kragthorpe got - over and above his buyout? You didn’t seem to factor that in.

There are no mind tricks, just lack of comprehension.

Irrelevant facts...
You never manage to address HOW Jurich would have broken a contract he made with Bobby. It just doesn't seem to dawn on you that TJ didn't walk on water. TJ would have done the same thing Vince NQ did; because he HAD to. Why don't you get this? Why is it so difficult? If "lack of comprehension" refers to my lack of comprehension, you're right. Because the key to your whole argument is never explained. How could anyone comprehend the incomprehensible?

DC was given that “consultant” gig as a way for everyone to feel better about his ouster. And that doesn’t count the extra 5.7 million he received from the Foundation from 2010 to 2017.

The only money I see that was generated by him was for the DC scholarships - of which (again according to the audit) gave out 600K in its 15 year history.
"...UofL spokesman John Karman tells IL that Crum’s base salary over this 15-year period was specifically for his efforts to raise money for the Denny Crum Scholarship Fund, adding that his extra payments appear to be due to a deferred compensation agreement that Crum made while he was still coaching with Bill Olsen — the athletics director preceding Tom Jurich — who served from 1980 to 1997..."

Reads like a dastardly conspiracy to me. Maybe you should dig up Bill Olsen and back the car over him a couple times. (That's the guy who PRECEDED Jurich.)

LINK

Umm, what about that extra 4M kragthorpe got - over and above his buyout? You didn’t seem to factor that in.
You're confusing athletics with the Foundation, even if all of this is true which is doubtful. Jurich didn't control the purse strings of the highly successful Foundation...

You never manage to address HOW Jurich would have broken a contract he made with Bobby. It just doesn't seem to dawn on you that TJ didn't walk on water. TJ would have done the same thing Vince NQ did; because he HAD to. Why don't you get this? Why is it so difficult? If "lack of comprehension" refers to my lack of comprehension, you're right. Because the key to your whole argument is never explained. How could anyone comprehend the incomprehensible?
I don't argue with hypotheticals when there are plenty of facts and historical evidence to draw from. Twenty years of it, in Jurich's case...

You're confusing athletics with the Foundation, even if all of this is true which is doubtful. Jurich didn't control the purse strings of the highly successful Foundation...
Of course - Those in the foundation who gave kragthorpe the extra 4M did it because they went way back with him.

Oh wait...

Reactions: Knucklehank1
"...UofL spokesman John Karman tells IL that Crum’s base salary over this 15-year period was specifically for his efforts to raise money for the Denny Crum Scholarship Fund, adding that his extra payments appear to be due to a deferred compensation agreement that Crum made while he was still coaching with Bill Olsen — the athletics director preceding Tom Jurich — who served from 1980 to 1997..."

Reads like a dastardly conspiracy to me. Maybe you should dig up Bill Olsen and back the car over him a couple times. (That's the guy who PRECEDED Jurich.)

LINK
Please explain - mostly to yourself I suppose - how what you’ve posted contradicts my post. Where did I say anything about a conspiracy with anyone?

Your tin foil hat is clearly too tight.

No, I asked for examples of where Jurich had to pay anything close to $14 million to get rid of a problem. What I got as "facts" were nickels and dimes from a new regime apologist. Typical...

It’s appropriate that today is groundhogs day. I’m waiting for examples of Jurich negotiating down the termination of a contract. You are the one who brought up TJ’s supreme relational skills and how he would’ve have presumably used them on the always magnanimous Petrino to woo Petrino’s buyout down. Just support your argument.

Reactions: Art79
It’s appropriate that today is groundhogs day. I’m waiting for examples of Jurich negotiating down the termination of a contract. You are the one who brought up TJ’s supreme relational skills and how he would’ve have presumably used them on the always magnanimous Petrino to woo Petrino’s buyout down. Just support your argument.
C’mon Hank, this is easy!

Because Jurich never had to negotiate a contract down previously, that meant that he never would have to in the future.

You have to admit, it’s beautiful in its simplicity - child-like even.

C’mon Hank, this is easy!

Because Jurich never had to negotiate a contract down previously, that meant that he never would have to in the future.

You have to admit, it’s beautiful in its simplicity - child-like even.

I do give him credit for devising this strategy.

I don't argue with hypotheticals when there are plenty of facts and historical evidence to draw from. Twenty years of it, in Jurich's case...
To the contrary. You argue will all hypotheticals, no facts. It is a fact that Jurich never got himself into this big a hole (14 mil). Your hypothetical is that by some sleight of hand, he would have gotten Bobby to take less than he was owed under his contract. Twenty years of historical evidence is that Jurich was willing to fire coaches who weren’t performing before their contract was up, and Jurich always honored contracts. Do you have a historical example of a time he stiffed anyone? I’ll wait for that example...

If you need specific examples of what someone has done to prove what he would do in exactly the same situation or decision...

Where are examples of Tyra's ability to do ANYTHING athletics related before he commandeered his new job?

At least in his predecessor's case, we have two decades of history to draw from...

Last edited:
...Your hypothetical is that by some sleight of hand, [Jurich] would have gotten Bobby to take less than he was owed under his contract...
No, YOUR hypothetical is that Jurich would have paid astronomical amounts of money. My analysis is based on facts...
  • Jurich never paid anything approaching $14 million to get out of ANY mess he had created.
  • Jurich isn't in the AD's job.
  • "Vince" pays whatever.
From that, you HYPOTHESIZE that Jurich would have paid what "Vince" did. And you have no basis for that...

Guy who stalks children in tin foil hats...
Your posts are becoming more and more deranged. Clearly you’re cracking under the pressure - lol.

Quick question.

Do you ever post anything related to the athletic contests themselves? Do you have anything of value in that area?

No, YOUR hypothetical is that Jurich would have paid astronomical amounts of money. My analysis is based on facts...
  • Jurich never paid anything approaching $14 million to get out of ANY mess he had created.
  • "Vince" pays whatever.
From that, you HYPOTHESIZE that Jurich would have paid what "Vince" did. And you have no basis for that...
Incorrect. Jurich paid 10.8M in present day dollars to buy Crum out.

Fail again.

If you need specific examples of what someone has done to prove what he would do in exactly the same situation or decision...

Where are examples of Tyra's ability to do ANYTHING athletics related before he commandeered his new job?

At least in his predecessor's case, we have two decades of history to draw from...

Nice deflection, but I’m not letting you off the hook. This was your hypothesis. I’m giving you the opportunity to defend your hypothesis with facts. So far, the only facts we can find don’t support your theory. So dig up some facts to support your theory!

• "Vince" pays whatever.
You are arguing in circles.
  • He never paid 14million before because he never created a mess that big before.
  • You are arguing that Vince NQ threw away money that Jurich would not have. Since he had never been in that big a mess before, you have no idea what Jurich would have done.
  • I argue that whatever Vince NQ did, it was no different from what Jurich would have done, based on Jurich’s own track record.
You have no basis for arguing that TJ would have violated Bobby’s contract, or somehow persuade him to take less. He had never done that before, either.

Incorrect. Jurich paid 10.8M in present day dollars to buy Crum out.

Fail again.
Jurich paid $2 million to buy out Crum and gave him a job. Anything else Denny got--which you haven't proven--someone else gave him.

THAT is a fail...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT