ADVERTISEMENT

UofL or UofK??

?? Maybe equal.. Don't expect either to have a great year....upper limit for either is make the tourney and (with luck) survive the first weekend.

Going forward????? UK has 8 FR & 3 Soph. maybe for once we get 6-8 back for next year.
U of L ..........much bigger question on who returns or who commits .

A question for consideration: Will your rookie coach mature quickly enough to salvage the season, and will our rookie players mature soon enough?....if not, long season for both.

Last edited:
Uh, you serious? While neither are world beaters. They beat us by what? 31? While I’d like another shot @ them I believe getting killed by that margin answers your question.

Reactions: Kentucky31
Uh, you serious? While neither are world beaters. They beat us by what? 31? While I’d like another shot @ them I believe getting killed by that margin answers your question.

I wouldn't use the game at UK as a barometer. Even UL's best teams have not played well in Rupp over last 10 years. This year, UL just plain quit..playing uninspired. Same for UK in Knoxville...just don't get it done.

P.S. The question was "who is having the worst year", not the worst team.

incredulous.gif

Reactions: shadow force
What a cow crap thread but after losing to Tennessee I might as well put my fave in it.

I live in the Tennessee line and hate losing to them more than anyone other than maybe Indiana

UK. we knew UL would suck but give this roster to any real coach that the cats habe and we bury teams

Rick Barnes and Tennessee beating these Cats is not a shock. Trouble is wondering if this crew will pull together or remain an exhibition crew that doesn't have enough basketball IQ to realize they ARE screwing up.
Dunno about you guys' team. Not sure of what Padgent's style is....and to be fair he wasn't supposed to have to have one at this stage of his coaching career.

There's no way we (UK) are a 29 point better team than you. And I agree with you that neither of us are world beaters. But as a UK fan i'm hoping that the fact that Jarred Vanderbilt, who i feel will be our best all around player is almost ready for game action. I'm hoping with Vanderbilt playing & with us being the youngest team in college basketball that we have more room for improvement than any team in the country. If we don't improve. I see us going out in the round of 32.

Fair enough posts from UK fans so far. The problem David has is that this team was engineered to have an a ridiculously intense micromanager massaging their emotions. Rick knew Deng, Anas, Q and Ray all have the emotional roughness of Charmin. He could work with players who were talented yet needing motivation in order to develop. He could crack that sort of whip. Poor David inherits a team Rick could have guided to a Final Four by being their conscience and energy himself. David is more self-supporting and expects that from others.

Unless this team discovers some of the nastiness it takes to will oneself to win games in the face of long odds, he is destined to be lucky to make the tourney at all. This was a dreadful inheritance, purely based on personalities. - (and, to be honest, the grit they showed down at Clemson is definitely a possibly meaningful sign by all means.)

Reactions: SoulSr
90-61 with all freshman that is all
90-61 with a roster full of five stars and a team without a coach ....all the while two losses to the mighty vols, UCLA, South Carolina, Florida, and MISSOURI....that is all.

Fat Sweaty Cal cant coach....you have players that play for the name on the back of the jersey.

Big expectations for the Cats were smoke.
Yeah, a couple of teams, including the Cards walked into the wheelhouse of letting the long kids run.
As of right now, Cats have no leader on the floor. A couple of these guys are so desperate to prove they're NBA ready they dig their own hole. Cal's fault for selling that dream, NBA fault for OAD, fans fault for not realizing we have eight five star forwards but no point guard and no consistent outside shooter....pick your poison. I've seen bizarre last minute spin arounds in the past, but after Tennessee swept the Cats seems more like a slow burn to season end.
Padgent has taken his learning lumps. Would Pitino have pulled out a couple more wins???? Couldn't say.
Probably more disappointing for the Cats because there have been years of rabbits getting pulled out of the hat. I don't think the Cards fans were expecting to be as solid as they are.

90-61 with a roster full of five stars and a team without a coach ....all the while two losses to the mighty vols, UCLA, South Carolina, Florida, and MISSOURI....that is all.

Fat Sweaty Cal cant coach....you have players that play for the name on the back of the jersey.
What’s your assessment of duke right now? Roster full of five stars with stud vets mixed in. Just lost 3 of their last 4 including possibly he worst loss in the history of their program to a team on a 11 game losing streak......that is all

What’s your assessment of duke right now? Roster full of five stars with stud vets mixed in. Just lost 3 of their last 4 including possibly he worst loss in the history of their program to a team on a 11 game losing streak......that is all
ACC>>>>>>>SEZ ..that is all

I wonder what the pussy cats record would be in the ACC....NIT bound

Well we are 2-0 against the ACC this year in a down year for us....that is all
Well...as always it is quite flattering that beating UofL is your measuring stick. Its obvioulsly fat boys superbowl. Glad it makes you all feel legit to beat a team with an interim head coach and a program thats riddled with problems at the moment. We will and always will own you little girls in football at least since ive been on this earth..

Could you imagine if the cayuts lost to UofL this year....you dumb bstards would be calling for Cals over sized head with they way you are performing this year plus playing in the shadows of the blue bloods of Duke, Carolina, and Kansas. You all have sweated dukes nuts since they sent you all packing when I was a little boy and now ol K is stealing every last one of your recruits.

But glad you performed well againts two of this years middle of the pack ACC b ball teams....granted it was at your cheating arena.

While every other Southern school is obsessed with football, Kentucky, forever unable to compete in football, adopted basketball as its chosen sport. That doesn’t stop Kentucky basketball fans from choosing other football teams to root for either. Kentucky basketball fans will root for Ohio State, Tennessee, even, of late, and this fan has to be the worst on earth, Alabama for football.

There is no worse human being on earth than a Kentucky basketball fan and an Alabama football fan.

Have you no shame, Wildcat fans?

Of course not. The man they named their arena after, Adolph Rupp, actually got the NCAA death penalty for a year.

What can you say? Cheating is in the Wildcat fan DNA, right down to its present day savior, John Calipari.

John Calipari is the only man alive who has twice had NCAA Final Fours stricken from his record. When he coached at Memphis, Kentucky fans hated him and called him a cheating liar. The moment the Wildcats hired him he became a saint who was unfairly maligned by everyone.

Well...as always it is quite flattering that beating UofL is your measuring stick. Its obvioulsly fat boys superbowl. Glad it makes you all feel legit to beat a team with an interim head coach and a program thats riddled with problems at the moment. We will and always will own you little girls in football at least since ive been on this earth..

Could you imagine if the cayuts lost to UofL this year....you dumb bstards would be calling for Cals over sized head with they way you are performing this year plus playing in the shadows of the blue bloods of Duke, Carolina, and Kansas. You all have sweated dukes nuts since they sent you all packing when I was a little boy and now ol K is stealing every last one of your recruits.

But glad you performed well againts two of this years middle of the pack ACC b ball teams....granted it was at your cheating arena.
So since your arguments didn’t hold up you switched to defense protocol:

1) switch conversation to football
2) introduce hypotheticals (what if, what if, what if?)
3) the refs cheated for UK

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/...es-in-america-2-the-kentucky-wildcats-102213/

I can literally find a link to support any belief that I see fit. SEZ is a joke of a conference in basketaball...and the east was hot garbage in football.

Northwestern lol 42-17 in kroger bag field lol

https://louisville.forums.rivals.com/forums/the-collision-course.10/

Football board

By the way, that link you sent had nothing to do with how strong the sec is in basketball this year. At this point you’re just yelling.

Did you hear the new cover by Bad Wolves? It’s not bad but I still prefer the Cranberries version. It has a more haunting vibe. Good tune
Yea...lead singer of Cranberries died. Still waiting on the autopsy report. They said they wont know anything till April. She did suffer from depression and heavy drug use at times. sad story.

Damn good song. It was a bout the Catholics and the protestants fighting in Ireland, if im not mistaken.

Now..... back to hating each other.

JK with you man

Yea...lead singer of Cranberries died. Still waiting on the autopsy report. They said they wont know anything till April. She did suffer from depression and heavy drug use at times. sad story.

Damn good song. It was a bout the Catholics and the protestants fighting in Ireland, if im not mistaken.

Now..... back to hating each other.

JK with you man
did-we-just-become-best-friends-yep.gif

Reactions: Chapman123

Well St. John's did also just beat a #1 ranked Villanova team on the road too.

Last edited:
It HAS been an odd year. Nova has seemed to be the steadiest team around....but goodness...StJohns loses 11 in a row then knocks out number 4 then number one back to back....UCLA beats Arizona....Duke is about to give K an ulcer.
Maybe if Witchita State gets in it's their year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT