ADVERTISEMENT

About NIL And Recruiting

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
People have been saying whoever the new coach is will have 3-4 million in NIL money to use. I know that can get some players here but can UofL finally be able to get some elite talent here or not?

Not even Rick was able to get elite high level talent here consistently and we were permanently locked out with Top 10/20 type players. Will someone who is competent and driven be able to get a couple players like that with NIL you think?

Last edited:
Can the Adidas brand make an impact finally? Will there be a breakthrough there or will it always be a blockade that keeps Nike kids away?

Reactions: Cardsfan62
the odd thing is KP, according to the rankings, recruited one of the best potential incoming classes ever, even if he was lazy so something worked. he recruited as well as RP ever did if not better last year. we had the #3 ranked class before it all fall apart starting with flowers. but if everyone had shown up and was healthy last year, we had a top 3 class. so can't think KP was lazy and didn't use NIL. he had almost our greatest class ever. then flowers took the money and ran. evans got hurt and was a flop. without flowers we still finished 8th in the country in recruiting. so while you may have hated him, don't say he couldn't recruit. fact is if flowers had stayed KP would still be the coach as we would have won at least double the games this year

Reactions: cardsfan53
He probably thought he would receive more time after initial hiring discussions. He may not have been lazy but more incompetent than anything else. If he could have accomplished anything between the lines he'd probably still be here. He just didn't prioritize correctly, which on part explains why he was unqualified.

This is going to be an interesting portal year for the program. Maybe we'll eventually hire a HC and get the party started.

Reactions: rh62531
Can the Adidas brand make an impact finally? Will there be a breakthrough there or will it always be a blockade that keeps Nike kids away?
Yeah that's basically what I'm wondering too. How far will the NIL take us in regards to recruiting.

If addidas can't come through it's more than past time for a change. You are basically locking yourself out of the top 20-30 HS recruits.

I’ve calmed down. I have received several texts that make me feel a little better about the hiring of Pat Kelsey.

One from @TravisGrafHoops who said Kelsey is the best recruiter of the candidates and is one of the best recruiter on the East coast. Has serious juice on the trail. I received another text from a former Louisville Football player and NFL Pro Bowler who said: “Fans will fall in love with Pat Kelsey. I can guarantee you that.”

One see's lunatic, I see passion and fire. I guess it's been missing around here for so long we have forgotten what it looks like.
Fans said they wanted:

Someone who brings energy- check

Someone who plays up tempo- check

Someone who wins- check

Someone without the baggage- check

Someone who is a tireless worker that wants do take on the demands of job that is 24-7- check.

I would have loved Will Wade but Josh never wavered on him being a no-go.

the odd thing is KP, according to the rankings, recruited one of the best potential incoming classes ever, even if he was lazy so something worked. he recruited as well as RP ever did if not better last year. we had the #3 ranked class before it all fall apart starting with flowers. but if everyone had shown up and was healthy last year, we had a top 3 class. so can't think KP was lazy and didn't use NIL. he had almost our greatest class ever. then flowers took the money and ran. evans got hurt and was a flop. without flowers we still finished 8th in the country in recruiting. so while you may have hated him, don't say he couldn't recruit. fact is if flowers had stayed KP would still be the coach as we would have won at least double the games this year

People have been saying whoever the new coach is will have 3-4 million in NIL money to use. I know that can get some players here but can UofL finally be able to get some elite talent here or not?...
Does this hire change anything? It's not bringing in more NIL anymore than it's putting more fans in the arena.
If addidas (sic) can't come through it's more than past time for a change. You are basically locking yourself out of the top 20-30 HS recruits.
That's serious money. Adidas funnels $7 million in cash per year to U of L and millions more in uniforms and merch. Nike would pay a fraction of that...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT