ADVERTISEMENT

UofL offers UK 4* QB commit Mac Jones

Dude...again Louisville also dropped a pick six in 2014 and with basically a Freshmen Offense and without our best Inside Linebacker...both leading WR-(Staples and in the 4th Quarter Quick) Louisville went on a 38-3 run..that is 3 Quarters of Total Domination...but keep playing the "Ifing" game...
UK fans brag about last years game like they do the off season. Doesn't matter how you finish, as long as you think you are ahead at some point. They brag about it without realizing how silly they look. Who cares if dominate the whole game or just the second half. As long as we win. But this is their football season, since they are "dominating" us in recruiting again. The thing with recruiting is this- if all players turn out to be what their star rankings say they should, then a 10 spot difference in team rankings is really negligible in the slots that our teams end up. But we all know it is much more than what a kid is ranked. We have a coach that can actually identify talent. They have one that just takes the overrated kids that Ohio State doesn't want.

Pretty much. You'll never see any of them own this one though. You are handing out tough pills to swallow here.

I can agree about other teams in the SEC not getting up for UK, but I don't know if I buy Petrino not having his teams full attention for the UK game.
That's not knocking Louisville compared to other SEC teams, but acknowledging Petrino's disdain for all things UK.

I can agree about other teams in the SEC not getting up for UK, but I don't know if I buy Petrino not having his teams full attention for the UK game.
That's not knocking Louisville compared to other SEC teams, but acknowledging Petrino's disdain for all things UK.
It don't take a genius to see that a team that is 0-5 the last five games will be the team getting up more. We simply expect the win so your point means nothing.

It don't take a genius to see that a team that is 0-5 the last five games will be the team getting up more. We simply expect the win so your point means nothing.
Petrino does not believe in losing momentum at the end of a season even if the opponent is UK. He enjoys beating those slapdicks and ending their season by as much as he can and taking that momentum into bowl season.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
We were an decent qb performance away from winning the last 2 years while still on a rebuild process.

The problem for you is, you can't have a decent QB performance because your head coach doesn't know how to develop players. If Big Ben had played for Stoops in college he'd be playing for the Toronto Argonauts right now instead of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

we should eak out 5 wins or maybe 6.

That will be enough to easily get another year, keep the vast majority of the class together and bring back 19 more experienced starters next year with some very good young talent coming in

"Wait 'til next year" warning shot sent in Spring.

Petrino does not believe in losing momentum at the end of a season even if the opponent is UK. He enjoys beating those slapdicks and ending their season by as much as he can and taking that momentum into bowl season.
Petrino has been known to play some games close to the vest against the cats, which shows in some of the winning margins against the cats during Petrino's tenure. And as was said, coming into last year's game with a four game winning streak, along with the fact that uk sucked last year against any good team they played, our players were not up for the game nearly as much as uk's players were, hence throwing the ball into the stands after returning a pick six.

The difference is that over four quarters, it was easy to tell who was the better team. Our players didn't panic and played good football after falling behind by 21, and EVERYONE saw what was coming as the game progressed. I was reading cats pause in the second half and they ALL knew what was coming. We have come out flat in several games against the cats recently, but have managed to regroup and win the game. Good teams do that. uk is not, and will be, a good team any time in the foreseeable future, especially as long as stoops is there.

For cat fans thinking we are hoping stoops moves on, there could not be a more ignorant statement. We love stoops and what he has done with the program. He has managed to bind them into a contract they cannot afford to buyout with a coach that cannot coach. He is in year 4 and yet they still have depth problems, as well as quarterback problems, and the turnover in the coaching staff is off the charts. All of this turmoil just means more mediocrity for uk football with no end in sight. Couldn't happen to better fan base.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
Sure it is. We were an decent qb performance away from winning the last 2 years while still on a rebuild process. Lost by 3 and up 21 at half with our top 2 running backs getting injured for second half last year.
Right...total domination that will never change
Dude, Louisville out scored Kentucky 38-3 after the first quarter, Cam Newton couldn't have saved you guys.

No way does UK replace Stoops next year. MAYBE with a 1-11 or 2-10 type of year..but that is highly unlikely. All the hot seat talk is just wishful thinking. The reality is UK still has a very young team. Watching some mistakes from Stoops on the field and with the Dawson hire has definitely been painful.
The simple fact is Barker or his backup can't be any worse than Towles last year. And the new OC and QB coach have won wherever they go. If we can find a severable OTackle (which will almost assuredly be the 5star true frosh) and the defensive front shows up at all...we should eak out 5 wins or maybe 6.

That will be enough to easily get another year, keep the vast majority of the class together and bring back 19 more experienced starters next year with some very good young talent coming in

I believe you are right. There is no way uk fires Stoops after this season. They can't afford to. Barnhardt gave him a huge extension last season. I'd say he has 2 more years even he does no better than 3-9 the next 2 years. They just won't be able to afford to fire him. And i doubt they will find a booster that cares enough about their football program to pay the cash to get them off the hook. Worst case scenario, UL faces a Stoops coached team for at least 2 more years. That basically means 2 easy wins for UL.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
Dude, Louisville out scored Kentucky 38-3 after the first quarter, Cam Newton couldn't have saved you guys.

Yup....they had no answer for Jackson and don't tell me they didn't prepare for him since LJ played the majority of the minutes the week before at Pitt

Yup....they had no answer for Jackson and don't tell me they didn't prepare for him since LJ played the majority of the minutes the week before at Pitt

It shouldn't have mattered if they didn't prepare a single second for Lamar...Petrino wasn't running anything remotely complicated or difficult and the fact that UL reeled off 38 points after Lamar came into the game is only a testament to how little Stoops knows about coaching.

UK had problems all year with spread offenses, and Jackson has the speed that the defense can have the right play called and he will still shred it, the kids athleticism is absurd.

Throw in that UK's one real advantage on offense was it's running game, with Williams and Kemp out that was gone. The UK offense was 3 and out for the second half, and the defense couldn't stop Jackson.

It shouldn't have mattered if they didn't prepare a single second for Lamar...Petrino wasn't running anything remotely complicated or difficult and the fact that UL reeled off 38 points after Lamar came into the game is only a testament to how little Stoops knows about coaching.

I know right...Petrino ran basically the same play over and over again...lol

Reactions: LockdownCard
Louisville's defense dominated Kentucky, and Barker was a deer in the headlights all day. Towles came in late and had a very nice drive until he got picked in the end zone. Kentucky got two gift touchdowns, because Bolin was too amped up and Hatcher pressured him into mistakes. Towles and Hatcher won't be around for this year's game.

Louisville's defense dominated Kentucky, and Barker was a deer in the headlights all day. Towles came in late and had a very nice drive until he got picked in the end zone. Kentucky got two gift touchdowns, because Bolin was too amped up and Hatcher pressured him into mistakes. Towles and Hatcher won't be around for this year's game.

You're right, they did dominate. A rather substantial part of that was because UK had zero running ability.
Louisville had problems with speedy backs last year, Williams is that, and Kemp is a mix of power and speed. Horton has trouble making the edge, the O line didn't help him any.

When the 2 backs left the game it limited UK's offense significantly, because Louisville didn't have to be hesitant, they could handle UK's Line and Horton wasn't fast enough to beat them to the edge. Barker did look bad, your defense knew he had to pass, and he lacked experience on how to deal with it.

The constant 3 and outs wear a defense down, and UK's was whipped by that and Trying to contain Jackson.

Towles came in with little pressure, the Cats had blown a big lead, and he still threw a pick in the red zone.

Having said all of that I still believe tha Cards would've won the game even if Williams and Kemp hadn't gone down. Jackson was too much, he has the ability make positive yardage even on busted plays, and the Cats couldn't stop him.

You're right, they did dominate. A rather substantial part of that was because UK had zero running ability.
Louisville had problems with speedy backs last year, Williams is that, and Kemp is a mix of power and speed. Horton has trouble making the edge, the O line didn't help him any.

When the 2 backs left the game it limited UK's offense significantly, because Louisville didn't have to be hesitant, they could handle UK's Line and Horton wasn't fast enough to beat them to the edge. Barker did look bad, your defense knew he had to pass, and he lacked experience on how to deal with it.

The constant 3 and outs wear a defense down, and UK's was whipped by that and Trying to contain Jackson.

Towles came in with little pressure, the Cats had blown a big lead, and he still threw a pick in the red zone.

Having said all of that I still believe tha Cards would've won the game even if Williams and Kemp hadn't gone down. Jackson was too much, he has the ability make positive yardage even on busted plays, and the Cats couldn't stop him.
Two years ago our 3rd string qb beat ya, last year our backup true freshman did....

As for your rb's getting hurt, Michael Bush was much better than anyone you mentioned from Kentucky, he got hurt and yet we still kicked your kitty tails. Keep what if'n Billy boy.

Does anyone know if UK fans post this garbage on SEC teams' boards, or are they too embarrassed?

On the national football board , they discuss
basketball. Theyre largely invisible, unless
something comes out about the so called basketball scandal.

Two years ago our 3rd string qb beat ya, last year our backup true freshman did....

As for your rb's getting hurt, Michael Bush was much better than anyone you mentioned from Kentucky, he got hurt and yet we still kicked your kitty tails. Keep what if'n Billy boy.
Lol...nominated.

Obviously losing Williams and Kemp hurt UKs chances vs Louisville last year but I don't even for a single second think that if Kemp and Williams play that entire game that the outcome would be any different. Louisville was without Treyvon Young, Jamari Staples, and James Hearns.

UK came into that game with a chip on their shoulder and just like last year...needing that game 1,000 times more than Louisville did and just like last year they punched Louisville in the mouth for a good portion of the first half. It took half time, it took Petrino yelling and it took a QB switch because Bolin was far, far too amped to be playing UK in Lexington and couldn't be trusted to lead a comeback but once UL got their feet set and took UKs best punches...it was lights out.

UK did have multiple problems in the Louisville game....they're best player - Boom Williams was injured. The one place they had an advantage - the RB position was gone. Barker was obviously not prepared to play an attacking defense and/or lead an offense that had no running game. Compounding the problem even more is the fact that UKs WRs aren't good and they underutilized the TE...and their HC was clueless at stopping Lamar Jackson...and the UL OLine played really, really well against the weak UK DLine.

UL was a mediocre team last year lead by a dynamic playmaker, but UL was much better than Kentucky....UK shouldn't have even been in that game as in my completely non-biased opinion going in was that UL was about 2 TDs better..had UL not started Bolin in his hometown against a program that he hates, I think UL wins the game by 3-4 TDs ....but UL was miles better and the scoreboard showed that.

Last edited:

No doubt UL is ahead as a football program. However I give Petrino credit for making the right change at the right time in both games. No way would Bonnafon beaten UK two years ago. He was rattled and confused. The dropped interception by the UK DB McWilson didn't help their cause either.

Our dropped int that was a sure pick
6 (Gaines) didn't help our cause. You lost. You rule at the ifn game though

Last edited by a moderator:
Kentucky is kind of like Purdue. Purdue is better than Kentucky, but they are still a pretty bad program overall, setting aside the Drew Brees years. Purdue is the kind of program that will once in a while beat an Ohio State or Michigan. But even when Purdue wins, Michigan is still Michigan, Ohio State is still Ohio State, and Purdue is still Purdue.

I question whether the Louisville-Kentucky game is even relevant in the big picture. Even if Kentucky had found some way to win one or both of the Louisville games, they are still Kentucky and we are still Louisville. They are bottom feeders and we are a Top 30 team trying to move up. They can beat us, like Purdue beats Michigan from time to time. But it doesn't mean anything. We'll lose and regroup and go back to Bowls. The UK fan dream of moving up in the world is a fantasy.

No doubt UL is ahead as a football program. However I give Petrino credit for making the right change at the right time in both games. No way would Bonnafon beaten UK two years ago. He was rattled and confused. The dropped interception by the UK DB McWilson didn't help their cause either.
In game changes are what wins or loses games, I don't really understand what you're saying. Take away three negative plays in both games and we would've won both by even more. Hell, do the same for every season and Kragthorpe would've done no worse than a split with you guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT