ADVERTISEMENT

UK would be lucky to finish top 6 in ACC

I see you don't want to tackle this, kyjeff, as you ignored the response from the other poster as well as mine. In your own words Uk's win over UNC shouldn't count or mean much at all because it was played in December, right? At the very least Uk's win "has an asterisk" as UNC was missing a key player, right? I can understand you trying to ignore your own words here because it severely lessens Uk's best win of the season and you don't want to look like hypocrite by applying your "rules" to other team's wins but not to your own.
I never said they shouldn't count SF, I just think the results would be much different if the games were played now, as opposed to November/December.
I'm not sure what you want me to say, I'm not going to deny that a UK/UNC game played right now wouldn't yield different results, of course it would, both teams are much different now than they were back then.
But a Clemson v USC game, with Thornwell would have a much different result.
I still said that Clemson would probably win, on a neutral court against UGA and Bama, but that Clemson/UGA game would go down to the last possession.

Yet you think Vanderbilt will beat Florida again. LOL. OK. Lets be brutally honest here. UofK is the only real threat to make a run to the final 4 out of the SEC, and that's based on the talent alone. Monk and Fox are one of the the better back court duos in the country, and we all know strong guard play is essential to a strong post season run. UofL has that. Several teams have that all over the country.
Uh yeah, they are playing at Vandy tomorrow and Vandy is hot right now.

Why is that so hard to believe? Do you think Georgia Tech would win in Chapel Hill? Heck no, but they beat UNC** at home.

Also, yes, Florida has a shot at the FF, Vandy does not. Know why? Florida will have a much easier path as a 3 seed compared to Vandy, that would probably get an 11 or 12.

I guess you don't know a heck of a lot about Florida, but they have a very good back court, good forwards and, even without Egbunu, they are still good enough down low to more than hold their own. They can slso score. If UL and ND are capable of a FF run, than do is Florida.

Sorry, have to disagree with you on that. The top 4 of the ACC is comparable to UK and that is it. UF, USC and Vandy are not even comparable to the Noles this season. No way those three are comparable to U of L, Duke, UVa, UNC, ND and FSU.
LMAO.

You don't think Vanderbilt will beat Florida tomorrow? I'll take that bet all day long.

I'll take Florida in that bet. Here are the stakes; Vandy wins, I don't post on any UK board again until the NCAA tourney is over. Florida wins, and you don't post on any UofL board until the tourney is over. You in? ;)

Reactions: JohnKBA and kyjeff1
I'll take Florida in that bet. Here are the stakes; Vandy wins, I don't post on any UK board again until the NCAA tourney is over. Florida wins, and you don't post on any UofL board until the tourney is over. You in? ;)
That's great.
But why do you want to run me off? I've been staying inside the guidelines, I've been behaving. The UNC and FSU guys might disagree though. LOL.

h yeah, they are playing at Vandy tomorrow and Vandy is hot right now.
Hot? They lost by 20 points to Missouri 6 games ago. They did win 4 in a row after that but lost to UofK when UofK played like crap for most of the game.

Vanderbilt does not have a very good basketball team. You can't lose to a 7-22 Missouri team and be considered good.

I'm not running anybody off. I just enjoy a good fun wager. :D
Alright, well, I'm in on for that bet, even though you don't seem to stand to lose very much.
I'll be losing the ability to converse with my good friends Cue and Zipp.

Hot? They lost by 20 points to Missouri 6 games ago. They did win 4 in a row after that but lost to UofK when UofK played like crap for most of the game.

Vanderbilt does not have a very good basketball team. You can't lose to a 7-22 Missouri team and be considered good.
Well then, let's make a bet, if Vandy wins, you can't post here until the end of the NCAA tournament, but if Florida wins, I can't post here until the end of the tournament.
The way I see it, it's a lose/lose for you. I bring good conversation and comedy to the board, without me you guys will be bored.

Well then, let's make a bet, if Vandy wins, you can't post here until the end of the NCAA tournament, but if Florida wins, I can't post here until the end of the tournament.
The way I see it, it's a lose/lose for you. I bring good conversation and comedy to the board, without me you guys will be bored.
I respectfully and politely decline. I don't gamble on any type of sporting event and like you said, it would be a lose/lose for the board. I enjoy throwing smalls barbs back and forth to the rival fans as long as they understand it's all in good fun. You seem to understand that. It's not personal. It's only entertainment.:D

Reactions: kyjeff1 and JohnKBA
...Factual evidence? The SEC is 1-32 against ranked teams OOC, your conference is getting too much credit for losing imo.
The full list of conferences with their respective records against the Top 25 show just how much the SEC stands out...

RECORDS AGAINST TOP 25 AS OF 3-4-2017
Big 12: 6-7 (0.462)
Big East: 6-7 (0.462)
ACC: 7-10 (0.412)
American: 2-6 (0.250)
Big Ten: 7-23 (0.233)
MVC: 1-5 (0.167)
Pac-12: 2-12 (0.143)
Sun Belt: 1-8 (0.111)
Atlantic 10: 1-11 (0.083)
MWC: 1-11 (0.083)
SEC: 1-23 (0.042)
CUSA: 0-10 (0.000)
MAC: 0-6 (0.000)

"Elite program," my a$$...

Reactions: rockycard
I respectfully and politely decline. I don't gamble on any type of sporting event and like you said, it would be a lose/lose for the board. I enjoy throwing smalls barbs back and forth to the rival fans as long as they understand it's all in good fun. You seem to understand that. It's not personal. It's only entertainment.:D
LOL, fair enough Cue.

The full list of conferences with their respective records against the Top 25 show just how much the SEC stands out...

RECORDS AGAINST TOP 25 AS OF 3-4-2017
Big 12: 6-7 (0.462)
Big East: 6-7 (0.462)
ACC: 7-10 (0.412)
American: 2-6 (0.250)
Big Ten: 7-23 (0.233)
MVC: 1-5 (0.167)
Pac-12: 2-12 (0.143)
Sun Belt: 1-8 (0.111)
Atlantic 10: 1-11 (0.083)
MWC: 1-11 (0.083)
SEC: 1-23 (0.042)
CUSA: 0-10 (0.000)
MAC: 0-6 (0.000)

I was close. Lol

So I assume if a conference has a game between two top 25 opponents it doesn't count toward that list.

Watching UK today against the mighty A&M. First of all it was hard to watch. It was horrid, horrid basketball. Two teams that just aren't very well coached.

Once U.K gets out of their high school ladies conference, they will get down in the beginning to a good team and get blown out. They will lose to someone by double digits in the tourney, bank it !!

UNC (beat head to head), Louisville (lost head to head), Kentucky, Notre Dame, Duke, Florida State, Miami, etc....

Watching UK today against the mighty A&M. First of all it was hard to watch. It was horrid, horrid basketball. Two teams that just aren't very well coached.

Once U.K gets out of their high school ladies conference, they will get down in the beginning to a good team and get blown out. They will lose to someone by double digits in the tourney, bank it !!

I'll take that bet for however much you can afford. We can have a U of L fan from the board hold the cash in escrow.

Zipp, Cue, any of the long time respected members. I'll send it today. Let's see how much you're willing to "bank on it" tluck :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cal4Pres.
That's what they say, but Florida is the only good team they've beaten all year and they have lost by 20 to a seven win team. Vanderbilt is a bad team...

Agreed. All this tells me is that there is a shortage of good teams.

That's what they say, but Florida is the only good team they've beaten all year and they have lost by 20 to a seven win team. Vanderbilt is a bad team...
But how good is Florida? Who have they beaten??

last 10 years

ACC 3 national championships
SEC 3 national championships
As I always remind slapd!cks, you can't play yourself. And how good is Florida in 2017?

Are you just a two-post slappy late to the party, or do you have a point to make?

Reactions: JohnKBA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT