ADVERTISEMENT

To go 6-6 or better...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
Bolin has to be the guy. I like Jackson down the road but to salvage this season, get to a bowl game, and defeat our rival on the road it must be Bolin! Yes, even he made some bone head decisions. But to get awarded an additional spring practice schedule (which is huge for this bunch) last night convinced me it's gotta be Kyle. This is probably the worst offensive line I have ever seen.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
As I noted in a previous thread, it doesn't matter who are QB is with this line. The ability to check off to another play at the line doesn't matter if our line gets whooped on every play. Hughley is the worst center I have witnesses in over 40 years of watching the Cards. Lacey needs to return to the bench as well.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
The center position is so important for the line. How many times do teams blitz right up the middle? It may happen from time to time with a good center but every game it happens multiple times. There is no quarterback or running back that can run behind that line. They are very young and no where near strong enough at this point to consistenly beat their guy. The blocked field goal is because the starting guard was blown up. The miss a ton of assignments.

There is no way to run the spread option when the defense is in your backfield. It is hard to run empty sets as well. It's is hard to bubble screens because the WR don't block either. Can't run deep routes because the quarterback has no time.

The offense is just a mess because the offensive line is terrible. I think I would rather see them just go with the power running game the rest of the year either under center or from the gun. Simplify the blocking schemes. The read option is not working period.

I have to agree about the O-line. It's pretty bad after 8 games. Hopefully something will click, and they'll figure it out.

Is it a lack of talent on the O-line or does it take more time than 8 games to learn the college O-line positions that are clearly weak right now?

I have to agree about the O-line. It's pretty bad after 8 games. Hopefully something will click, and they'll figure it out.

Is it a lack of talent on the O-line or does it take more time than 8 games to learn the college O-line positions that are clearly weak right now?
IFirst of all, some of them do not have proper blocking technigue (which is coaching and which they should have learned before coming to college. They don't appear to be able to engage the defender right across from them, let alone someone on the move. Defenders often run right past our guys without us even getting a piece of them.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
With Jackson as the starter last I checked Louisville is 4-1 the last 5 games...nothing against Bolin but the issue is not QB play but the middle of the OL...fact is to win 2 more games it will depend on the defense....

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT