ADVERTISEMENT

The kid must be woefully short on actual basketball skills...

You didn't "fix" a damn thing. Just spewing more slapd!ck rationalization.

Slappies don't get to play the "young" or "freshman" card. (BTW, King was a freshman too...) That's the system YOU CHOSE. You have 5-star kids BECAUSE they're freshmen. Your team isn't young by exception; it's always young--full of freshmen.

U of L recruits kids who will hunker down and work, and stay several years if necessary. That's why Pitino has more "veteran" players.

Just more excuses for a "coach" who can't really coach or win big games. Final Fours and Bronze Medals.

"Elite program," my a$$...
Since when was the discussion about choices? When was this ever about why each team plays the players they have?
No, this is about Calipari having a better record head to head than Pitino and more final fours than Pitino and Pitino is using exceptionally good veteran players that he coached up. Calipari is using Freshmen.
I don't care how you slice it, they are 18 year old kids (sometimes 17) that were playing high school ball the year prior, yet, through coaching, are performing, as a team, better than Pitino's veteran teams. To me, that's pretty amazing.
I could care less WHY each coach chooses to play the players they play. That was never part of this discussion. Seems you're trying to deflect, but that's not your style, so I'll just assume you lost concentration.

Since when was the discussion about choices? When was this ever about why each team plays the players they have?
No, this is about Calipari having a better record head to head than Pitino and more final fours than Pitino and Pitino is using exceptionally good veteran players that he coached up. Calipari is using Freshmen. I don't care how you slice it, they are 18 year old kids (sometimes 17) that were playing high school ball the year prior, yet, through coaching, are performing, as a team, better than Pitino's veteran teams. To me, that's pretty amazing. I could care less WHY each coach chooses to play the players they play. That was never part of this discussion. Seems you're trying to deflect, but that's not your style, so I'll just assume you lost concentration.
The average slapd!ck is an idiot. YOU change the subject to playing freshmen and how (in)experienced your roster is, and now I get accused of deflection on that basis.

You don't like how I turn your own arguments around on you, and slapd!cks are mentally impaired so you don't see that changing. I understand that. But as your coach chooses his OAD system, you chose him as your coach and you choose to be here debating me. Those are your choices, and you can do something about them.

Put your goalposts back where they were, and find a real coach and not a salesman. Everything you're doing now is a delusion.

The average slapd!ck is an idiot. YOU change the subject to playing freshmen and how (in)experienced your roster is, and now I get accused of deflection on that basis.

You don't like how I turn your own arguments around on you, and slapd!cks are mentally impaired so you don't see that changing. I understand that. But as your coach chooses his OAD system, you chose him as your coach and you choose to be here debating me. Those are your choices, and you can do something about them.

Put your goalposts back where they were, and find a real coach and not a salesman. Everything you're doing now is a delusion.

LOL, you are definitely I felt entertaining.

Your "playing" is your own mental gymnastics.

FACTUALLY, Lite has more 5-star kids than any coach in the history of the sport. Go ahead, deny that.

And IMO, the NBA holds fewer and fewer of them in high regard, at least after wasting a few months in his program.

Bronze Medal.

Have we been watching the same drafts?

Have we been watching the same drafts?
I'm pretty sure I've heard that the NBA commissioner is unhappy with the quality of OAD kids in the Draft. About a quarter of them go through LPT.

Bronze Medal.

I'm pretty sure I've heard that the NBA commissioner is unhappy with the quality of OAD kids in the Draft. About a quarter of them go through LPT.

Bronze Medal.

The commish isn't the ones drafting and paying the players.

Not that it matters too much to me because I don't root for any particular team in the NBA but I obviously hope the kids that come to Kentucky do good regardless if they are there for one or four years. Most seem to do pretty well for themselves. Several max contracts in the bunch.

No one gives a damn about the NBA here.

We only know that LPT fans do--because your coach does--because it lands him more OAD kids--because he can't get to the Elite Eight or win a Bronze Medal without twice as much talent as the next closest team/coach.

And we know that NBA commish increasingly doesn't like your players. Go figger?

Pretty clear now why guys like Diallo last year and Vanderbilt this year try to stay OFF the court at LPT.

I hope the NBA keeps the OAD rule just like it is--the results keep getting better. Maybe the NCAA implements a new transfer rule too (no redshirt).

Last edited:
Interesting...even slapd!cks agree with me and the NBA. They're just a little slow in recognizing it.

LINK

A very supportive group in that thread Z.

And it wasn't enough to pile on him, I like how some were compelled to trash previous players that I guess just weren't as good as they thought they should have been.

Players first!

I think this thread is gold - because it shows you just how important those W's are to those fans down the road.

Had UK won last night, this abomination of a thread would be on page 8 this morning.

But, since they lost, the intruders, er I mean.... the visitors, stayed away.

Let's all be patient. After a night of cussing their own and firing their rifles into the air, I expect order to be restored sometime by noon today.

There will be the standard circle of the wagons. You know, the players don't care. Fire coach Cal. Player ____ needs to ride the bench.

Then a sense of calm will come over them... there will be reflection on their # of titles, record against UofL in the Super Bowl, etc...

Looking forward to them all to gradually come crawling back over.

I think I'll just copy/paste this one into all the other UK glory threads around here!

Well, one guy did awhile back...
I was wondering if you were gonna come and own up to this one. I guess all it took was for HD to have a bad game to get your horn blowin. Lol.

Do you still think he is woefully short on actually basketball skills? How did he look on December 29? Or any of our other games for that matter because I know you watch them all. With any luck perhaps you’ll get another look at him next year.

I was wondering if you were gonna come and own up to this one. I guess all it took was for HD to have a bad game to get your horn blowin. Lol.

Do you still think he is woefully short on actually basketball skills? How did he look on December 29? Or any of our other games for that matter because I know you watch them all. With any luck perhaps you’ll get another look at him next year.
The lad certainly seems short on people skills, lol. Not a lot of love on that bench last night. Poor lads.

I was wondering if you were gonna come and own up to this one. I guess all it took was for HD to have a bad game to get your horn blowin. Lol...
Did LPT jackwagons like oldfanofuk in the linked thread just witness "one bad game"? Sounds like you have bigger issues in your own fanbase than you do with me.

Or are just too much of a chicken $hit to deal with slappy mouthbreathers? How much success you gonna have today talkin' up Diallo's NBA prospects among slapd!cks?

Did LPT jackwagons like oldfanofuk in the linked thread just witness "one bad game"? Sounds like you have bigger issues in your own fanbase than you do with me.

Or are just too much of a chicken $hit to deal with slappy mouthbreathers? How much success you gonna have today talkin' up Diallo's NBA prospects among slapd!cks?

What in the bloody hell are you talking about ?

Idiot. The worst part is you ain't that stupid.

Dude you’re talking about links and other message board users? What does that have to do with me? I don’t care. I’m talking to you. Stop trying to redirect. You’re so simple man. So simple.

Dude you’re talking about links and other message board users? What does that have to do with me?...
You're an LPT jackwagon of a different breed--or you were--willing to come to MY house to defend Diallo. While your own house was on fire. Classic slapd!ck move.

You're an LPT jackwagon of a different breed--or you were--willing to come to MY house to defend Diallo. While your own house was on fire. Classic slapd!ck move.

Wow. There’s a lot here. My man you seem gotten to. Ok let me try to come down to your simple level and write this post in crayon. You started this stupid thread a long time ago and it has sit dormant since July. Half the season has gone by including a 29 pt stomping (your boy had 14). Not a peep from you in this thread. Then HD has his worst game of the year and you revive the thread. Lol. You’re simple. You try to act smart but you’re simple and predictable. When you get angry or backed in a corner you post like a juvenile and call everyone names. You’re simple.

I was going to let it go. He’s had great games and I let the thread go. I came back because you mentioned me. YOUR house? lol.

Who’s house is on fire? Who’s? Now I will definitely circle back for that one. Ha!

Wow. There’s a lot here. My man you seem gotten to. Ok let me try to come down to your simple level and write this post in crayon. You started this stupid thread a long time ago and it has sit dormant since July. Half the season has gone by including a 29 pt stomping (your boy had 14). Not a peep from you in this thread. Then HD has his worst game of the year and you revive the thread. Lol. You’re simple. You try to act smart but you’re simple and predictable. When you get angry or backed in a corner you post like a juvenile and call everyone names. You’re simple.

I was going to let it go. He’s had great games and I let the thread go. I came back because you mentioned me. YOUR house? lol.

Who’s house is on fire? Who’s? Now I will definitely circle back for that one. Ha!
Yawn. Diallo will be a terrific D Leaguer. As a pro, I recommend Israel. Terrrific weather, nice fans.

Yawn. Diallo will be a terrific D Leaguer. As a pro, I recommend Israel.
I don’t disagree. He could end up in the D league. There certainly is not a more frustrating player on uk’s team right now. But the original basis for the whole argument was that since he couldn’t get a solid first round garauntee last year........means he is woefully bad at basketball. That’s dumb.

I don’t disagree. He could end up in the D league. There certainly is not a more frustrating player on uk’s team right now. But the original basis for the whole argument was that since he couldn’t get a solid first round garauntee last year........means he is woefully bad at basketball. That’s dumb.
I honestly have begun feeling sorry for UK fans, lol. Last night someone called in and complained about "Number 3", lol.

It finally happened. People have gotten fed up enough with a new roster every frigging season, they have begun not doing the due diligence of memorizing the names of the tourists playing for them. The passion over NBA draft oicks is another one, lol. No one seems to care after the players get drafted. All that matters is that they do and it becomes this resounding success for UK fans. What way to go through a season.

I honestly have begun feeling sorry for UK fans, lol. Last night someone called in and complained about "Number 3", lol.

It finally happened. People have gotten fed up enough with a new roster every frigging season, they have begun not doing the due diligence of memorizing the names of the tourists playing for them. The passion over NBA draft oicks is another one, lol. No one seems to care after the players get drafted. All that matters is that they do and it becomes this resounding success for UK fans. What way to go through a season.
Folks act like idiots after every loss. Happens everywhere. How many times has this board called for padgetts head already? You can’t take the vocal minority as barometer.

People have gotten fed up enough with a new roster every frigging season, they have begun not doing the due diligence of memorizing the names of the tourists playing for them.

I think this applies to a very small % of their fans.

They get fed up with pretty much any loss. It's refs, or their entitled players, or bad luck.. you know, that one guy hit so many 3s vs us!!!!

Whatever it is, they don't take it in stride.

I think this applies to a very small % of their fans.

They get fed up with pretty much any loss. It's refs, or their entitled players, or bad luck.. you know, that one guy hit so many 3s vs us!!!!

Whatever it is, they don't take it in stride.
From a UK fan I agree. We be crazy.

This thread's usually good for a bump while this kid is still suiting up for the slappies...

Diallo, the kid last year who tried like hell NOT to play at LPT this year. Now he's in blue quicksand.

None of them in a hurry to play with you this morning Z.

They will shake their hangovers and be here soon enough!
And the trips to the veterinarians to try and resuscitate their poor 3 legged dogs. Never forget those sticky Anger Management visits with the spouse, either, inconveniently placed on a Sunday.

Looks like the Vanderbilt kid should have kept faking his injury too...

Zipp you should bump more old threads. Bring some more great discussions back to life. Start with 12-29-17. Haha

Zipp you should bump more old threads. Bring some more great discussions back to life. Start with 12-29-17. Haha
Was that the date of your Super Bowl? Is that game still your biggest win? Sounds like the subject of another thread.

How 'bout that Diallo kid?...Yowza! Haha

Decade20of20LPT20Basketball_zps20w3vdfk.jpg

Was that the date of your Super Bowl? Is that game still your biggest win? Sounds like the subject of another thread.

How 'bout that Diallo kid?...Yowza! Haha

Decade20of20LPT20Basketball_zps20w3vdfk.jpg
The Super Bowl has not been kind to you. We can talk about Diallo for a minute. He might be our worst player yet he somehow hung double digits on ya. Yowza

I think I’ll pull a Zipp and go talk some trash to an Alabama football fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT