ADVERTISEMENT

The kid must be woefully short on actual basketball skills...

The Super Bowl has not been kind to you. We can talk about Diallo for a minute. He might be our worst player yet he somehow hung double digits on ya. Yowza

I think I’ll pull a Zipp and go talk some trash to an Alabama football fan.
That just means we're Diallo's Super Bowl too. My guess is that NBA execs won't give him much credit for that. ...Which was the subject of this thread.

Decade20of20LPT20Basketball_zps20w3vdfk.jpg

That just means we're Diallo's Super Bowl too. My guess is that NBA execs won't give him much credit for that. ...Which was the subject of this thread.

Their go to, is... to shift the dialogue to something other than thread topic. Always has been.

Reactions: zipp

The subject of the thread was that since a kid couldn’t get a first round garauntee that it meant he must be woefully short on basketball skills. That remains stupid. Replace his name with anybody’s at any school. Doesn’t matter. It’s still dumb.

Reactions: Cal4Pres.
The subject of the thread was that since a kid couldn’t get a first round garauntee that it meant he must be woefully short on basketball skills. That remains stupid. Replace his name with anybody’s at any school. Doesn’t matter. It’s still dumb.
It's stupid because you've forgotten the premise six pages ago...

Freakish athletic ability going into a league that drafts underclassmen on potential. Check and check for Diallo.

His only drawback is that he's "woefully short on actual basketball skills," which you assured me wasn't his issue and would be made obvious in the upcoming draft.

Any of this sound familiar?...
Doormat_zpsb81d29e9.jpg

It's stupid because you've forgotten the premise six pages ago...

Freakish athletic ability going into a league that drafts underclassmen on potential. Check and check for Diallo.

His only drawback is that he's "woefully short on actual basketball skills," which you assured me wasn't his issue and would be made obvious in the upcoming draft.

Any of this sound familiar?...
Doormat_zpsb81d29e9.jpg
I remember. I just don’t think you know what “woefully short” means. There isn’t a single D1 player who is woefully bad. Were you just being dramatic? Exaggerating a bit? Because I’ll I take that as an excuse.

At the rate he is playing he could be back to visit you guys next December though. I will admit that. Keep it close and we might dogpile.

I remember. I just don’t think you know what “woefully short” means. There isn’t a single D1 player who is woefully bad. Were you just being dramatic? Exaggerating a bit? Because I’ll I take that as an excuse...
I was wondering if the definition of "is" would be brought up... :rolleyes:

The Super Bowl has not been kind to you. We can talk about Diallo for a minute. He might be our worst player yet he somehow hung double digits on ya. Yowza

I think I’ll pull a Zipp and go talk some trash to an Alabama football fan.
I keep wondering what Smack Textbook you get your stuff from, then I realize RR exists, lol. Lots to choose from - it's Biblically necessary over in Ethical defense land, lol.

Looks like I'm bumping this thread a lot more lately. Did the Diallo kid ever screw up returning...

capture_20150404_221030.jpg

Sorry hop. It's been a couple weeks again, and poor Diallo keeps spiraling into oblivion. Still amazes me we had a slappy or two willing to debate the issue...

HAMIDOU_DIALLO_MBall_2017_45_u6omqx.jpg

Sorry hop. It's been a couple weeks again, and poor Diallo keeps spiraling into oblivion. Still amazes me we had a slappy or two willing to debate the issue...

HAMIDOU_DIALLO_MBall_2017_45_u6omqx.jpg
Oblivion you say?

(I know...I know..."look who he was playing against")

Maybe I should have clarified "draft oblivion". I mean that's all HE cares about.

And your biggest competition in this year's tourney is the FBI.

Decade%20of%20LPT%20Basketball%20-%20Schultz%202_zpswyzpohr0.jpg

Anyone who keeps up with the NBA know when their draft is scheduled? Still anxious to see how much this guy improved his draft stock this past year...

Kentucky players never do well in the NBA. Look at Jack Givens and Kyle Macy.
Did those guys set records on NBA measurables? If anything, they only had basketball skills working for them.

I know you're a slappy, but try to keep up...

I will bet a decent sum of money that PJ Washington's draft stock will be lower next year. Obviously I haven't looked into it that hard but I feel like every time a kid comes back to improve their stock...they either break even or drop.

Diallo, Harrison Twins, Grayson Allen, Robert Williams, Miles Bridges, Montrezl Harrell, Jared Sullinger, Terrence Jones...there are tons of examples. I feel like the % of kids that improve their draft stock vs those that drop is overwhelming low.

This kid supposedly set freakish records at NBA workouts. And his return to LPT was heralded...

Was wondering if you'd continue to show up.

I just like burning up ants on the sidewalk with a magnifying glass. I'm one of those kids...

Your signature is a bit curious Zipp. Wouldn't you like 2 titles in the last 20 years? I'm not sure how you rationalize this to be clever on your part.

Your signature is a bit curious Zipp. Wouldn't you like 2 titles in the last 20 years? I'm not sure how you rationalize this to be clever on your part.
It was just my mad props for Pitino Lite. I always liked Tubby, and Lite's measured up to Tubby pretty well although Tubbs had a lot less talent to work with. Hard to imagine what he would have done with the Diallo kid.

Slappies are a little too sensitive... :p

It was just my mad props for Pitino Lite. I always liked Tubby, and Lite's measured up to Tubby pretty well although Tubbs had a lot less talent to work with. Hard to imagine what he would have done with the Diallo kid.

Slappies are a little too sensitive... :p
Nah, just curious.

Definition of a kid who's woefully short on actual basketball skills...

"Very disappointing... Love him as a kid, but he’s still an athlete trying to play basketball. His jumper has a long way to go. He needs to buy into being a lock down defender, but I don’t know if he has it in him. He’s what I call a should-be guy--he should be able to defend in the league, he should be able to finish. But does he have that mentality? He still has that AAU mentality where you just run around and jump and play transition basketball, and the game isn’t played like that enough…"

- The ESPN 680 hater twins quoting The Athletic.​

Podcast (15-minute mark)

Definition of a kid who's woefully short on actual basketball skills...

"Very disappointing... Love him as a kid, but he’s still an athlete trying to play basketball. His jumper has a long way to go. He needs to buy into being a lock down defender, but I don’t know if he has it in him. He’s what I call a should-be guy--he should be able to defend in the league, he should be able to finish. But does he have that mentality? He still has that AAU mentality where you just run around and jump and play transition basketball, and the game isn’t played like that enough…"

- The ESPN 680 hater twins quoting The Athletic.​

Podcast (15-minute mark)
Well him being a good kid is probably more important. Maybe he develops into a better player...maybe he doesn't...but he will make a lot of money playing basketball...so financially he's set for life. Good luck to Hami!

Well him being a good kid is probably more important. Maybe he develops into a better player...maybe he doesn't...but he will make a lot of money playing basketball...so financially he's set for life. Good luck to Hami!
This thread was never about whether he was a good kid. I had no reason to question that.

It's about slappies in denial...

This thread was never about whether he was a good kid. I had no reason to question that.

It's about slappies in denial...
Who’s in denial? The season is over and we watched him play for a whole slate. Who was my least favorite player on the team? HD. Who was the most disappointing? HD. Was is a dumb assessment on your part when you said that an athlete with his measurables must be woefully bad at basketball because he couldn’t get a first round promise last year? Yup. Woefully bad players don’t get to play for a paycheck (he will). Woefully bad players don’t get to go to college for free (he did). Your comments are reserved for a Usain Bolt type of human trying to get drafted. Someone like him would be “woefully” short on b-ball skills.

I have and always will hate melodrama and overexageration which is what led me to notice this thread back in the day. You’re the Typical arm chair quarterback with no experience or knowledge of athletes and competitive sports. Congrats for landing squarely on my pet peeve.

Ps. We have still had worse players get drafted much higher than this Kid. Perhaps they will reunite in the G league soon

Reactions: jrollins24
Who’s in denial? The season is over and we watched him play for a whole slate. Who was my least favorite player on the team? HD. Who was the most disappointing? HD. Was is a dumb assessment on your part when you said that an athlete with his measurables must be woefully bad at basketball because he couldn’t get a first round promise last year? Yup. Woefully bad players don’t get to play for a paycheck (he will). Woefully bad players don’t get to go to college for free (he did). Your comments are reserved for a Usain Bolt type of human trying to get drafted. Someone like him would be “woefully” short on b-ball skills.

I have and always will hate melodrama and overexageration which is what led me to notice this thread back in the day. You’re the Typical arm chair quarterback with no experience or knowledge of athletes and competitive sports. Congrats for landing squarely on my pet peeve.

Ps. We have still had worse players get drafted much higher than this Kid. Perhaps they will reunite in the G league soon
LOL...did I hit a nerve?

The NBA is telling the kid today the same thing they told him last year--indirectly--by slotting him lower in the 2017 Draft. That assessment was questioned a year ago, earlier in this thread. Not surprisingly, it appears this year he may be even lower in the 2018 Draft.

Those 2017 measurables were either irrelevant or exaggerated. Which explanation does a slappy prefer at this time? It's also apparent that the LPT program under Pitino Lite didn't help the kid one bit this past year. He could come back another year, and it wouldn't matter. He's not just woefully short--he's TOO short on actual basketball skills.

I understand how this reality infuriates a slapd!ck, esp. one who posted proudly much earlier in this thread. Keep fighting it in print here, and thank you...

Hamidou_Diallo_STACK.0.png

LOL...did I hit a nerve?

The NBA is telling the kid today the same thing they told him last year--indirectly--by slotting him lower in the 2017 Draft. That assessment was questioned a year ago, earlier in this thread. Not surprisingly, it appears this year he may be even lower in the 2018 Draft.

Those 2017 measurables were either irrelevant or exaggerated. Which explanation does a slappy prefer at this time? It's also apparent that the LPT program under Pitino Lite didn't help the kid one bit this past year. He could come back another year, and it wouldn't matter. He's not just woefully short--he's TOO short on actual basketball skills.

I understand how this reality infuriates a slapd!ck, esp. one who posted proudly much earlier in this thread. Keep fighting it in print here, and thank you...

I'd say you're reaching conclusions that aren't supported by the facts. Diallo is a much improved player over the past year. Suggesting his draft stock reflects that he is not is incorrect. There are simply more players ahead of him this year. For whatever reason, this year had a tremendous number of early entrants. Diallo will be fine so long as he continues improving. By the end of the season he was performing fine.

Reactions: KyJones64
LOL...did I hit a nerve?

Dude you Almost had it. The truth is right there in your own words and I thought you had spelled it out correctly. He’s not “woefully” short (my 90 year old grandmother is woefully bad, not any D1 player). He’s just too short on polished skills to reach his potential at this point. His physical attributes affords him a great opportunity to improve and if he wants a solid career then he better do just that. My issue was always with your hyperbolic descriptors. When this thread started neither of us knew how his season would pan out and I’d never seen so much of a highlight tape of the kid. He had some nice moments this year but was very underwhelming overall.

You and I could go around in circles all day and the truth is I just really hate Hyperbole. So yeah pretty much anyone who uses too much hyperbole drives me crazy. It’s a crutch for an uninteresting and uninformed person.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT