ADVERTISEMENT

The kid must be woefully short on actual basketball skills...

Nice find!

It's pretty intuitive... If the kid was that good, he'd be in the Draft. I don't care about his press clippings or what slappies think...

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
Now that the U19 team has gotten past Madagascar and American Samoa, we're probably seeing what the NBA saw in the kid: 8 points on 2-for-11 shooting and zero 3-pointers, 3 rebounds, 3 TOs, and 4 fouls in 18 minutes of play. Athletic ability evidently just takes you so far.

LINK

A few of these same USA kids--Diallo, Washington, and Huerter--played on the U18 team last year that won the championship under Shaka Smart. And they beat Canada by 15 points in the gold medal game. Pitino Lite was nowhere to be found for that game.

"Elite program," my a$$...

Now that the U19 team has gotten past Madagascar and American Samoa, we're probably seeing what the NBA saw in the kid: 8 points on 2-for-11 shooting and zero 3-pointers, 3 rebounds, 3 TOs, and 4 fouls in 18 minutes of play. Athletic ability evidently just takes you so far.

LINK

A few of these same USA kids--Diallo, Washington, and Huerter--played on the U18 team last year that won the championship under Shaka Smart. And they beat Canada by 15 points in the gold medal game. Pitino Lite was nowhere to be found for that game.

We are still waiting to see if he is "woefully short on actual basketball skills". This one is a long way from being over.

We are still waiting to see if he is "woefully short on actual basketball skills". This one is a long way from being over.
What difference does it make if he is or isn't short on basketball skills? The most any of us will have to be concerned about him is 40 minutes (sans overtime) and then he just becomes another soon to be forgotten memory never to be seen wearing a UofK uniform again.

pffft.

What difference does it make if he is or isn't short on basketball skills? The most any of us will have to be concerned about him is 40 minutes (sans overtime) and then he just becomes another soon to be forgotten memory never to be seen wearing a UofK uniform again.

pffft.
Not buying it. This is a 4 page thread about a kid who hasn't even worn a uk jersey yet. Regardless, it's probably a question for the thread starter.

Reactions: Atrain7732
Not buying it. This is a 4 page thread about a kid who hasn't even worn a uk jersey yet. Regardless, it's probably a question for the thread starter.
No it's not. It's a thread that was started based on very little factual data and was intended to draw posters into a debate that they will clearly never win considering the nature of the message board. As well as probably a dozen more threads just like it.

Reactions: Cue Card
Not buying it? LOL. You've been played like a fiddle by the best puppet master on this board and you don't even know it. zipp has been tugging on the UofK heartstrings for as long as I can remember and just as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, none of you UofK fans can resist his charm. I am confident this won't be the last time he plays you guys like fools. He does it ALL THE TIME and for whatever reason, you just can't ignore it. It's freaking hilarious!!

Reactions: zipp
Cue, the truly funny thing is how they keep coming back. Maybe not the same poster(s), but the successors for sure. And I guess they think I will someday concede some kinda real estate. A lost argument, an I-told-you-so moment, something to get back at 'zipp'.

And of course, that will never happen. For me, the biggest challenge, the greatest enjoyment of the putdown is doing it under adverse circumstances. Can the clouds get much darker than they've been for U of L the last year or two? Lite keeps landing the blue chippers. Their football team actually logged a winning season. And have I pulled in the reins at all? If anything, I like doubling down.

But let's not educate the slappies this side of John KBA TOO much. I'm afraid more of them than John will someday figure things out.

Reactions: gocds and Cue Card
Not buying it? LOL. You've been played like a fiddle by the best puppet master on this board and you don't even know it. zipp has been tugging on the UofK heartstrings for as long as I can remember and just as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, none of you UofK fans can resist his charm. I am confident this won't be the last time he plays you guys like fools. He does it ALL THE TIME and for whatever reason, you just can't ignore it. It's freaking hilarious!!
Played like a fiddle? Your boy Z makes a comment that will 100% bite him later because it was a ridiculous comment. He welcomed anyone to hold him to it so I obliged. I'm just waiting for diallo to step on the court and prove that he is woefully short on actual basketball skills. My son is 9 and he isn't even woefully short on actual basketball skills. So if he is playing anyone by making rediculous and uneducated remarks then I'd like an explanation on how. Like I said, time will tell on this one. No sense in arguing about it now.

...My son is 9 and he isn't even woefully short on actual basketball skills...
Based on Diallo's recent exposure to the NBA, your son may play there before he does.

Yeah...past 8-9 years has been tough with all the "future" talent we've had come through...Cal winning around 82% of his games sure has been real hard...that title was pretty rough with all that future talent...that 38-1 season was hard to watch...the final fours and runner up were excruciating...if it weren't for all that future talent maybe those years would have ended up better...

It's tough watching kids who rep UK have success at the next level...dang I hate seeing those guys sign max contracts, make highlight reels, all star teams, etc...gosh darn it, only if they would be average college players and stick around...

he might...but with a vert like his, he may just do something like this

02davis-thequad-articleInline.jpg
Dang, all those superstars and only one title!

Played like a fiddle? Your boy Z makes a comment that will.....
The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round; the wheels on the bus go round and round, all across the town.

Thank you for playing, and you STILL don't realize you are! LMFAO!!!!

Reactions: Rockfly78
Pretty scary......pic of a washed up geriatric old actor, who still has problems with the English language. Nothing like living in the past. Beam me up Scottie.!!!

Pretty scary......pic of a washed up geriatric old actor, who still has problems with the English language. Nothing like living in the past. Beam me up Scottie.!!!
Funny thing is he thought I was paying him a compliment.

But he won it while you were posting on the UK
board and claiming to be a UK fan, so you can
include that in your W column.:D

In reality "coach" Anthony Davis was the reason the "one" title was won. Period and it's damn simple and if you deny this then YOU don't know dip about basketball. The "brow" is the best player I've ever seen at uahkay and I'm more than willing to give him credit for being the "coach" one that team.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Yeah, you're The Terminator. ROTFLMAO.

Come on Z. Do I really have to spell out the obvious? You said I would be back. You know, "I'll be back"? A phrase made famous by Arnold in T2. Everybody knows that. I was being silly. I was playing off your post. I'm not actually implying that I am the Terminator. awkward.

Come on Z. Do I really have to spell out the obvious? You said I would be back. You know, "I'll be back"?...
The problem is the context for the comment... You're not gonna "be back" because you're a bad Mutha. It's because you're an idiot who doesn't learn from experience.

But you're right, I don't know anymore about Diallo than I knew about Matt Elam.

Last edited:
The problem is the context for the comment... You're not gonna "be back" because you're a bad Mutha. It's because you're an idiot who doesn't learn from experience.

But you're right, I know anymore about Diallo than I knew about Matt Elam.

You take this stuff so serious that anything light hearted and playful just goes right over your head. Nobody is trying to be a "bad mutha". Even now, you still don't get it.

Yes I knew what you were implying. I'd come back because I'm stupid, yada yada yada. I just didn't care. The fact that you feel like you need to explain what you were implying is cringeworthy.

Elam sucks. I'm betting diallo does not. I guess we will see huh?

Elam sucks. I'm betting diallo does not. I guess we will see huh?
And you say zipp is too serious. LOL. I'm thinking you don't have the sack to tell Matt Elam to his face he sucks. I know I wouldn't even think about saying something like that to him. He might suck as a football player but he's better at playing the game than most people on earth, plus he's a freaking monster of a man. No way I would ever call him anything other than Matt or Mr. Elam to his face. o_O

Reactions: gocds and zipp
...Elam sucks. I'm betting diallo does not. I guess we will see huh?
It's too "serious", but you're coming back. Right.

And find me an "Elam sucks" remark from a slappy three years ago. Don't kill yourself looking for it.

Bronze Medal.

Reactions: gocds and Cue Card
It's too "serious", but you're coming back. Right.

And find me an "Elam sucks" remark from a slappy three years ago. Don't kill yourself looking for it.

Bronze Medal.

There aren't any. Everyone was pumped for him. He still has time. But he has been disappointing thus far. He has to improve this year

And you say zipp is too serious. LOL. I'm thinking you don't have the sack to tell Matt Elam to his face he sucks. I know I wouldn't even think about saying something like that to him. He might suck as a football player but he's better at playing the game than most people on earth, plus he's a freaking monster of a man. No way I would ever call him anything other than Matt or Mr. Elam to his face. o_O
I'm the terminator remember ;)

Dang, all those superstars and only one title!
Wait, are they superstars or woefully short on basketball skills?
Today, all these guys are "woefully short on basketball skills", tomorrow, when the narrative is "Cal sucks" it'll be Cal losing with "a bunch of NBA all stars".
Gotta love it. But I'll play along.

Wait, are they superstars or woefully short on basketball skills?
Today, all these guys are "woefully short on basketball skills", tomorrow, when the narrative is "Cal sucks" it'll be Cal losing with "a bunch of NBA all stars".
Gotta love it. But I'll play along.
you don't have to play along. We know who is woefully short on skills, not calling names but its the only sports agent that sits on the Kentucky bench. LOL

Wait, are they superstars or woefully short on basketball skills? Today, all these guys are "woefully short on basketball skills", tomorrow, when the narrative is "Cal sucks" it'll be Cal losing with "a bunch of NBA all stars". Gotta love it. But I'll play along.
Your "playing" is your own mental gymnastics.

FACTUALLY, Lite has more 5-star kids than any coach in the history of the sport. Go ahead, deny that.

And IMO, the NBA holds fewer and fewer of them in high regard, at least after wasting a few months in his program.

Bronze Medal.

you don't have to play along. We know who is woefully short on skills, not calling names but its the only sports agent that sits on the Kentucky bench. LOL
I expected a better comeback than that. I mean, if we are going to debate like 6 year olds I would have to come back with the ole I'm rubber and you're glue...crap. But I'd just rather not. But have fun.

I expected a better comeback than that. I mean, if we are going to debate like 6 year olds I would have to come back with the ole I'm rubber and you're glue...crap. But I'd just rather not. But have fun.
You are a piece of crap, I have already won this argument by being a Cardinal fan on a Cardinal forum. Counting this coming year it will be 2 in a row for Rick over the sports agent. Go back to the RR board with the rest of the losers SLAPPY! Are you 6 years old, I would have guessed 4.

Your "playing" is your own mental gymnastics.

FACTUALLY, Lite PLAYS FAR more FRESHMEN than any coach in the history of the sport AND RICK PITINO PLAYS FAR MORE VETERAN PLAYERS. Go ahead, deny that.

And IMO, the NBA holds fewer and fewer of them in high regard, at least after wasting a few months in his program.

Bronze Medal.

FIFY.
You didn't "fix" a damn thing. Just spewing more slapd!ck rationalization.

Slappies don't get to play the "young" or "freshman" card. (BTW, King was a freshman too...) That's the system YOU CHOSE. You have 5-star kids BECAUSE they're freshmen. Your team isn't young by exception; it's always young--full of freshmen.

U of L recruits kids who will hunker down and work, and stay several years if necessary. That's why Pitino has more "veteran" players.

Just more excuses for a "coach" who can't really coach or win big games. Final Fours and Bronze Medals.

Reactions: Graves51

Slappies don't get to play the "young" or "freshman" card. (BTW, King was a freshman too...) That's the system YOU CHOSE. You have 5-star kids BECAUSE they're freshmen. Your team isn't young by exception; it's always young--full of freshmen.

U of L recruits kids who will hunker down and work, and stay several years if necessary. That's why Pitino has more "veteran" players.

Just more excuses for a "coach" who can't really coach or win big games. Final Fours and Bronze Medals.

Unless, of course, he has a kid by the name of Anthony Davis to bail his sorry @$$ out.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: zipp and Graves51

AMEN!!!!

You are a piece of crap, I have already won this argument by being a Cardinal fan on a Cardinal forum. Counting this coming year it will be 2 in a row for Rick over the sports agent. Go back to the RR board with the rest of the losers SLAPPY! Are you 6 years old, I would have guessed 4.
LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT