ADVERTISEMENT

The kid must be woefully short on actual basketball skills...

It's OUR board. If you don't like it - tough noogies. Go on back to your crappy board if you don't want to see or read this stuff. Just get the hell off our board. They woh't allow anything on your weak board without banning ALL of us. You're very lucky that you are stilll here.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
Just having some fun man. Chill.

I feel like that was his original goal was to be selected in the lottery. Hopefully he lives up to the hype and goes that high. I like my shooting guards to be able to shoot but we will see
The kid hoping and trying is fine. If the NBA had ANY inkling the kid would be a lottery pick next year, SOMEONE would have given him enough of a draft guarantee THIS year. And the kid would be gone.

That's my point--the NBA has sent you guys a message. Most of you just don't wanna acknowledge it. You'd rather speculate that the NBA is wrong.

"Elite program," my a$$...

Actually what you said was that he is woefully bad at basketball and then I think at one point you used the word "garbage". But I'd have to double check. Apparently everyone stud athlete who can't get picked in the lottery is just horrible at basketball
Trying to base this argument--extremes--is what a loser does. Many of your guys aren't "garbage", they're just degrees of overrated. So far anyway, the kid's on that list.

Unless they're just crazy or irrational, most Kentucky fans are happy with making a final four...
That's because they've recently installed wheels on their goalposts. Point me in the direction of an LPT shirt listing their Final Fours.

Trying to base this argument--extremes--is what a loser does. Many of your guys aren't "garbage", they're just degrees of overrated. So far anyway, the kid's on that list.

If you think he is overrated then you should have said so. Sure you're saying so now, but you initially said garbage and woefully short on basketball skills. I'm sorry Z I'm not a mind reader. I'll take you at your word and assume you mean what you say.

The kid hoping and trying is fine. If the NBA had ANY inkling the kid would be a lottery pick next year, SOMEONE would have given him enough of a draft guarantee THIS year. And the kid would be gone.

That's my point--the NBA has sent you guys a message. Most of you just don't wanna acknowledge it. You'd rather speculate that the NBA is wrong.

I see your point and it's a valid one at that. One thing to consider is that this is a very strong draft class and it's deep. Teams didn't have to wait a year for a potential lottery pick to reach his potential because Diallo wasn't the only one with potential.

You're also speculating that he didn't get s draft promise this year. By all accounts this is false. He seemingly had a chance to be drafted late in the first. I've linked the article in a previous post that backs this up. He seems motivated to play in college and improve his stock. It seems black and white to me. I'm not sure what's so hard to grasp.

Point me in the direction of an LPT shirt listing their Final Fours.

Point me in the direction of any elite program listing final fours.

Do you think Ohio st or Alabama football will make a shirt acknowledging making the CFP and losing?

That's because they've recently installed wheels on their goalposts. Point me in the direction of an LPT shirt listing their Final Fours.

I'm not sure what shirt you're talking about but I can almost promise you that fans of any elite program, regardless of which one, would consider a final four a successful season. Expecting a title every year is just not realistic.

I'm not sure what shirt you're talking about but I can almost promise you that fans of any elite program, regardless of which one, would consider a final four a successful season. Expecting a title every year is just not realistic.

But you see, here at LPT anything short of the NBA finals is a failure. You know, because Lite has so many 5 stars.

But you see, here at LPT anything short of the NBA finals is a failure. You know, because Lite has so many 5 stars.
38 to be exact from 2009 thru the 2017 class. Next closest is Duke with 19. Louisville has had TWO in that time frame.

That's almost embarrassing (a reference intentionally left ambiguous.)

Maybe that's because it's a T-shirt that doesn't exist.

But you would think that a blue T-shirt clad fanbase that's so happy with Final Fours would have produced ONE Final Four shirt. Should you make one?

Point me in the direction of any elite program listing final fours...
Think that could be another reason why the tagline says...

"Elite program," my a$$.

???????????????????

(Damn, you freakin' walked right into that one!)

Maybe that's because it's a T-shirt that doesn't exist.

But you would think that a blue T-shirt clad fanbase that's so happy with Final Fours would have produced ONE Final Four shirt. Should you make one?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. All I said was if you ask most fans of elite programs, they would tell you a final four is a successful year.

38 to be exact from 2009 thru the 2017 class. Next closest is Duke with 19. Louisville has had TWO in that time frame.

That's almost embarrassing (a reference intentionally left ambiguous.)

Is it cool if I start referring to you for all my inquiries regarding UK recruiting? You follow it more closely than anyone else I'm aware of.

...All I said was if you ask most fans of elite programs, they would tell you a final four is a successful year.
I guess my point got by you...

A fanbase that wears LPT T-shirts like underwear is pretty devoid of the Final Four variety. Which tells me it ain't QUITE the honor you're painting it out to be for the average slappy.

Sure, LPT fans talk it up when titles are hard to come by. But that's just moving the goalposts, a mind game. Gotta smear a little lipstick on this pig.

Show me a slappy T-shirt, and I'll believe that fanbase thinks it's a true honor.

Is it cool if I start referring to you for all my inquiries regarding UK recruiting? You follow it more closely than anyone else I'm aware of.
Get your kicks however you want, but don't flatter yourself. As I like to remind posters who b!tch about my subject matter... I can cover a lotta territory in 30 thousand posts. You'll always get your turn in the barrel.

So what would Diallo have to be selected to "have helped himself"? even though he should technically still be a freshman since all he did was practice. Would just bring selected next year be improving himself?
90%+ of an athletes time is in practice and conditioning.

I guess my point got by you...

A fanbase that wears LPT T-shirts like underwear is pretty devoid of the Final Four variety. Which tells me it ain't QUITE the honor you're painting it out to be for the average slappy.

Sure, LPT fans talk it up when titles are hard to come by. But that's just moving the goalposts, a mind game. Gotta smear a little lipstick on this pig.

Show me a slappy T-shirt, and I'll believe that fanbase thinks it's a true honor.

So you disagree that a final four is a successful year? For any program?

Not sure I understand where you're going with the t shirts.

So you disagree that a final four is a successful year? For any program?

Not sure I understand where you're going with the t shirts.
It's not successful when you have multiple championships and keep stalling short of that esp. when other factors are in play (like recruiting, seeding, etc.) Nor is it successful or unexpected when you're ranked Top Five in preseason polls in most years.

AND I don't believe LPT fans think it's actually successful, but rather, a revisionist perspective when you continue to come up short.

It's certainly nothing that distinguishes you from say, UConn, which has fewer Final Fours but more titles in the same time frame. Nor Duke, nor probably even Carolina or Louisville.

You're good, but not great--kinda like the Diallo kid in a different realm. And a fanbase that SAYS it expects greatness doesn't make T-shirts for that.

Last edited:
It's not successful when you have multiple championships and keep stalling short of that esp. when other factors are in play (like recruiting, seeding, etc.) Nor is it successful or unexpected when you're ranked Top Five in preseason polls in most years.

AND I don't believe LPT fans think it's actually successful, but rather, a revisionist perspective when you continue to come up short.

It's certainly nothing that distinguishes you from say, UConn, which has fewer Final Fours but more titles in the same time frame. Nor Duke, nor probably even Carolina or Louisville.

You're good, but not great--kinda like the Diallo kid in a different realm. And a fanbase that SAYS it expects greatness doesn't make T-shirts for that.

The t-shirt thing is hard to follow. UK has shirts celebrating a final four. I think I have one in my closet somewhere. I'm positive that every program has these shirts. Are you trying to say that if we are so proud of our final fours then why don't we have a shirt that lists them all? If that's the question then I don't know the answer. It would be a weird shirt.

But we hang banners in Rupp for our FF's. So they definetly matter and they definetly signify a successful season. It's convenient for you to poke and prod at our final fours because you've conjured a notion of failure that comes attached. You're on an island with that. Final fours matter at every program. You can take a trip back to last March and take a look at this board the week of the elite 8. The thought of UK being in another one was not met glee. I commend you on your confident dismissal of our successful seasons but you are certainly in the minority of card fans.

Get your kicks however you want, but don't flatter yourself. As I like to remind posters who b!tch about my subject matter... I can cover a lotta territory in 30 thousand posts. You'll always get your turn in the barrel.

And 26000+ said nothing worth liking by anyone
on this board:rolleyes:
And I won't try to flatter myself, my like % at home is only 30%.:(

And 26000+ said nothing worth liking by anyone on this board:rolleyes:
IIRC the Rivals "like" button was installed maybe 5,000 posts ago. Not my fault I've been here a long time (as slappies know).

The t-shirt thing is hard to follow. UK has shirts celebrating a final four. I think I have one in my closet somewhere. I'm positive that every program has these shirts. Are you trying to say that if we are so proud of our final fours then why don't we have a shirt that lists them all? If that's the question then I don't know the answer. It would be a weird shirt.

To be fair (and accurate) you guys DO tend to make shirts for pretty much everything. Jared Lorenzen makes a living off that practice. ;)

Reactions: shadow force
...Are you trying to say that if we are so proud of our final fours then why don't we have a shirt that lists them all? If that's the question then I don't know the answer. It would be a weird shirt...
Yep, you restated it pretty well. I'll agree that it's weird for fans of a so-called "elite program" to feel that way. But if you do, it ain't a weird shirt. Hell, your football team forged rings that it finally won the Governor's Cup.
...But we hang banners in Rupp for our FF's. So they definetly matter and they definetly signify a successful season. It's convenient for you to poke and prod at our final fours because you've conjured a notion of failure that comes attached. You're on an island with that. Final fours matter at every program. You can take a trip back to last March and take a look at this board the week of the elite 8. The thought of UK being in another one was not met glee. I commend you on your confident dismissal of our successful seasons but you are certainly in the minority of card fans.
Yada yada yada... And I never talked to what your school considers or purports as an accomplishment--and the banners it hangs. This is about your fans.

But I'll give you another shot if you can't find that T-shirt. Point me in the direction of your fans speaking optimistically and with satisfaction in the preseason about your basketball team making the Final Four. If that's a really good accomplishment, a lot of your fans oughta be pointing to that as a goal, and another title should be wildly optimistic to the point of unreasonable.

Feel free to show me that.

Last edited:
Yep, you restated it pretty well. I'll agree that it's weird for fans of a so-called "elite program" to feel that way. But if you do, it ain't a weird shirt. Hell, your football team forged rings that it finally won the Governor's Cup.

Yada yada yada... And I never talked to what your school considers or purports as an accomplishment--and the banners it hangs. This is about your fans.

But I'll give you another shot if you can't find that T-shirt. Point me in the direction of your fans speaking optimistically and with satisfaction in the preseason about your basketball team making the Final Four. If that's a really good accomplishment, a lot of your fans oughta be pointing to that as a goal, and another title should be wildly optimistic to the point of unreasonable.

I cannot produce any proof of such shirt. Because a shirt like that is stupid. The other day I saw a T-shirt with a quiver of arrows on the back to commemorate Murray doing the blue arrow thing. We have also made shirts to commemorate our quarterback being fat. That stuff has its place. Nobody's wearing a shirt with a bunch of final fours on it. That's a dumb idea. When a school has eight national championships why would we make one that only listed final fours? But That doesn't at all diminish the accomplishment of making final fours. Your t-shirt argument just doesn't make any sense.

If a sleepy little town in Texas boasts the worlds biggest monster truck and the worlds second biggest monster truck which one do you think is on the t-shirt? That doesn't mean that other truck isn't bad a$$.

As for your request, I don't know. Maybe I'll find time to look for something like that. Maybe not. Perhaps someone else will.

...Nobody's wearing a shirt with a bunch of final fours on it. That's a dumb idea. When a school has eight national championships why would we make one that only listed final fours? But That doesn't at all diminish the accomplishment of making final fours...
Sure it's a dumb idea when it ain't true. Or you're too damn embarrassed to commemorate it. Or that titles tell the real story.

In other words, I'm good with any reasoning it's a dumb idea that comes along with being honest. Don't forget that last part.

Point me in the direction of your fans speaking optimistically and with satisfaction in the preseason about your basketball team making the Final Four. If that's a really good accomplishment, a lot of your fans oughta be pointing to that as a goal, and another title should be wildly optimistic to the point of unreasonable.

The key pieces for each UK team are only around one year - so it's not like they are going for a gradual build, or grooming for how to use the same guys to "go further" the next year. The UK program is "all-in" every year. Given that, the fans are too, whether they want to admit it here or not. They got to be on that train. You don't shoot for E8s and FF's when you have one year lottery picks as the cornerstones of the team.

If the fans aren't all in, they simply don't understand their system. Which, is quite possible, given who we're talking about here.

Good walk through the process Zipp.

They just can't be honest about it. Poor guys.

Reactions: zipp
Sure it's a dumb idea when it ain't true. Or you're too damn embarrassed to commemorate it. Or that titles tell the real story.

In other words, I'm good with any reasoning it's a dumb idea that comes along with being honest. Don't forget that last part.

What ever you say Z. I have no idea

But look at the grand scheme of things. The most titles EVER is 11. We are next at 8. Titles just don't come falling down when you want them. It takes a really good team and a lot of luck with matchups in a one game elimination tournament. I'm telling you that any reasonable Kentucky fan would be more than happy with a Final Four and call it a successful year. You're not a UK fan but you're telling me I'm wrong? How would you know how a UK fan feels about getting to the final four. If you're just straight up telling me that I'm wrong "just because" how can we even have a discussion?

But look at the grand scheme of things. The most titles EVER is 11. We are next at 8. Titles just don't come falling down when you want them. It takes a really good team and a lot of luck with matchups in a one game elimination tournament. I'm telling you that any reasonable Kentucky fan would be more than happy with a Final Four and call it a successful year. You're not a UK fan but you're telling me I'm wrong? How would you know how a UK fan feels about getting to the final four. If you're just straight up telling me that I'm wrong "just because" how can we even have a discussion?
I've given you plenty more basis than "just because" although that's what you wanna believe. You just don't wanna hear any logical reasons otherwise.

We can end the debate right here...

The only reason for me to question the motives of LPT fans in lauding "Final Fours" is when you're trying to distinguish what Lite's accomplished. If you're happy with Final Fours but NOT trying to elevate your guy or his accomplishments above anyone else, I'm OK with that. I never said LPT making Final Fours is NO accomplishment, and I've always acknowledged that he's the best in the biz at landing burger boys. But outside of recruiting, that's not legendary or extraordinary stuff. As long as you and I see eye-to-eye on that, knock yourself out kicking shorter field goals.

On the flipside and as a U of L fan, I'll take a Final Four anytime. I don't worship at the basketball altar, and I'm OK with Pitino and U of L just being pretty good every year. With a little luck, you win the whole thing every so often. Fine. That doesn't give me a good reason to shout Pitino's name from any rooftop. I'm applying the same standard to my own team and coach.

So, enjoy your Final Fours, keep them in their place, and you won't get too many arguments from me. As I said with Diallo, good but not great.

I've given you plenty more basis than "just because" although that's what you wanna believe. You just don't wanna hear any logical reasons otherwise.

The only reason for me to question the motives of LPT fans in lauding "Final Fours" is when you're trying to distinguish what Lite's accomplished. If you're happy with Final Fours but NOT trying to elevate your guy or his accomplishments above anyone else, I'm OK with that. I never said LPT making Final Fours is NO accomplishment, and I've always acknowledged that he's the best in the biz at landing burger boys. But outside of recruiting, that's not legendary or extraordinary stuff. As long as you and I see eye-to-eye on that, knock yourself out kicking shorter field goals.

On the flipside and as a U of L fan, I'll take a Final Four anytime. I don't worship at the basketball altar, and I'm OK with Pitino and U of L just being pretty good every year. With a little luck, you win the whole thing every so often. Fine. That doesn't give me a good reason to shout Pitino's name from any rooftop. I'm applying the same standard to my own team and coach.

So, enjoy your Final Fours, keep them in their place, and you won't get too many arguments from me. As I said with Diallo, good but not great.

Well I would consider U of L an elite program, probably 7th all time. I have no doubt you consider a final four a good season, as you should. Any fan should in this sport. I don't think you fully understand how tough it is to win a title, either that or you're just trying to set unreasonable standards for UK and it's fans. I've lived in Louisville my whole life, I've never met one in person that says title or bust. You see some wackos like that online but that's not the majority of Kentucky fans.

I will enjoy my final fours, thank you very much. The more final fours you make the better chance for a title :)

Well I would consider U of L an elite program, probably 7th all time. I have no doubt you consider a final four a good season, as you should. Any fan should in this sport. I don't think you fully understand how tough it is to win a title, either that or you're just trying to set unreasonable standards for UK and it's fans. I've lived in Louisville my whole life, I've never met one in person that says title or bust. You see some wackos like that online but that's not the majority of Kentucky fans.

I will enjoy my final fours, thank you very much. The more final fours you make the better chance for a title :)
I think you hit the nail on the head. What zipp does is use our strong recruiting to justify his claims that UK is a consistent failure. This works as great rivalry folly. But it isn't grounded in reality. He knows it. Everyone knows it. Most folks are level headed.

I think we can all agree that final fours rule. It's a shame it took such a wild ride to get us here lol.

And in the spirit of beating a dead horse, I don't think you ever mentioned Diallo as being good. I believe it was "garbage" and "woefully short on basketball skills". I suppose one of us may not understand what "woefully short" means. But it is nice to see this discussion come full circle finally

...And in the spirit of beating a dead horse, I don't think you ever mentioned Diallo as being good. I believe it was "garbage" and "woefully short on basketball skills". I suppose one of us may not understand what "woefully short" means. But it is nice to see this discussion come full circle finally
I've learned the hard way that the average slappy either can't read or reads what he wants. Neither is helping you improve yourself...

Diallo is factually a freak athlete, and he's by all appearances "woefully short on basketball skills." The latter's true IMO or someone in the NBA would have taken him early enough this year. (You may disagree with that but you can't disprove it...)

Put those two together, and you have admittedly and in all likelihood a good basketball player at the college level. Not great, far from program or season changing, but good. I also expect that the average LPT fan thinks he's more than that--so what?

Feel free to keep looking where I've said anything less. And to expedite things, maybe get the help of someone who's not a slapd!ck.

I've learned the hard way that the average slappy either can't read or reads what he wants. Neither is helping you improve yourself...

Diallo is factually a freak athlete, and he's by all appearances "woefully short on basketball skills." The latter's true IMO or someone in the NBA would have taken him early enough this year. (You may disagree with that but you can't disprove it...)

Put those two together, and you have admittedly and in all likelihood a good basketball player at the college level. Not great, far from program or season changing, but good. I also expect that the average LPT fan thinks he's more than that--so what?

Feel free to keep looking where I've said anything less. And to expedite things, maybe get the help of someone who's not a slapd!ck.

Everyone has their opinions. You have yours and that's cool. But let me tell you why yours is proposturous in my opinion.

You've started two or maybe three threads to explain how bad Diallo is. It seems that any time UK gets positive news you are right out of the gate trying to minimize it. You've chosen different words here and there but I'll stick with "woefully short on actual basketball skills" since that's the title of your thread. You know who is woefully short on actual basketball skills? My wife. Also, my four year old daughter. They straight up suck. According to you, HD is on their same level.

People who are woefully short on actual basketball skills don't get ranked in the top 10. They don't get invited to the draft combine either. They also don't get first round consideration. Kentucky and duke don't offer kids who are woefully short on actual basketball skills and ESPN doesn't rank people like that in the top 25. As a matter of fact, HD could average 2 points next year and you would still be wrong. So this is either a product of a very melodramatic statement or you are just way outside your depths when evaluating basketball players.

Everyone understands your reasoning. You're saying that since the NBA threw him back that he can't possibly be good at basketball. Being so athletic and all. That's not that crazy although probably still a stretch. You can point fingers at everyone else for not cracking your code or reading your mind to get your true meaning. No one here is illiterate. But the fact is your words are your own and they are pretty outlandish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT